Announcement [Kiss the Girl] Magearna is now banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Magearna has quite a history of being overpowered in Monotype, this generation is no different. With access to screens support on both types, solid natural bulk, and a great defensive typing, it easily could come in and sweep lost games. With Calm Mind and Shift Gear/Iron Defense it could choose whether it wanted to outspeed threats like Chien Pao after a Shift Gear or tank attacks, while being able to easily get back to full health with Draining Kiss. Draining Kiss and Stored Power is near unresisted coverage, even then after a few boosts it can break past Steel-types with Stored Power. Additionally, Soul Heart gives it a boost in Special Attack each time it picks up a kill, due to all of these different aspects Magearna could easily snowball and win games making it clearly broken in Monotype.

As such the Monotype Council has decided to unanimously ban Magearna from the tier!
Tagging Kris and Marty to implement this.​

Urshifu is broken because it was origianlly broken but then gen it got swords dance and punching glove. Ursluna is only a problem behing sub which only normal can run cyclizar for. If not, it's way too slow. It's bulky but not as much as people think

If something on normal/ground gets tr that thing is going nuts
I think Ursaluna in OU (only brought up OU cause OU forums are currently looking at Luna and having an “Omg it like Melmetal 2.0” like mentality) and monotype is going through New Toy Syndrome. Sure it’s strong but I don’t think it’s banworthy. As for TR if you want to fear it on normal you’d need P2 to come back as that’s the best TR setter on normal type

I’d say some of the biggest buffs in this was Poison, Fighting, Dark, and Flying as some very strong mons from PLA/SWSH are coming in Sneasler, both Urshifus, Muk alola (Dark and poisons best special wall) Glowking, Glowtres, Zapdos, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)