Kitsunoh

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Kitsunoh
QC: 3/3 (HeaLnDeaL, Animus Majulous, QueenOfLuvdiscs)
GP: 2/2 (frenzyplant, bugmaniacbob)

Overview
########

Kitsunoh is one of the most versatile CAPs around and can perform well in both offensive and utility roles thanks to its combination of unique traits and desirable move options. It can also act as a scout or a lead, as it did in the DPP era, even with the introduction of Team Preview. Most importantly, Kitsunoh has a solid defensive typing, with a whopping twelve resistances, which allows it to check various CAP metagame staples, including Kyurem-B and Aurumoth. In addition, Kitsunoh's base 110 Speed allows it to outpace threats such as Keldeo, while its fast Defog and resistance to Stealth Rock almost always ensure it can switch in and clear the field of hazards safely. Finally, with a wide array of coverage moves, including its signature move, Shadow Strike, it can function as a fast physical sweeper as well. Also, unlike other sweepers, Kitsunoh does not suffer unduly from four-moveslot syndrome; it can deal with everything it needs to with 2 STAB moves and 2 coverage moves.

However, the Steel-type nerf and the Knock Off buff mean Kitsunoh's typing is not as good as it used to be. The rise of Colossoil does it no favors either, as Kitsunoh is unable to take anything Colossoil has to throw at it. Additionally, its defensive typing can go to waste in practice due to Kitsunoh's low 80 / 85 / 80 bulk. Finally, even with its vast offensive movepool, it still has only a modest base 103 Attack and lacks a boosting move. Nonetheless, Kitsunoh's versatility makes it a great fit for teams looking for a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types, a reliable hazard remover, a dedicated lead, or some combination thereof.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Trick
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Shadow Strike
move 4: Meteor Mash / Iron Head
ability: Limber / Frisk
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

With this set, not only does Kitsunoh have a very fast U-turn to keep your team's momentum going, but it can also use Trick to cripple opposing leads such as Tomohawk or staples of stall teams such as Chansey. Shadow Strike is Kitsunoh's Ghost-type STAB move which includes a nifty 50% chance to lower the foe's Defense stat by one stage. As such, the move is extremely spammable and can either gradually make Kitsunoh hit that much harder or force the foe out if it accumulates too many Defense drops. Finally, Kitsunoh has a choice between two Steel-type STAB moves, Meteor Mash and Iron Head. Meteor Mash has slightly more immediate power and its chance to raise Kitsunoh's Attack can come in very handy at times. Alternatively, Iron Head is more reliable due to its perfect accuracy and its high flinch rate can give slower foes headaches.

Set Details
========

This set highlights what Kitsunoh was built to be: a scout. Maximum investment in Attack and Speed allow Kitsunoh to hit as hard and as quickly as possible. Limber is usually the better choice of ability, as immunity to paralysis from the likes of Thundurus and Chansey is more valuable than Frisk's utility. However, if you are to use this Kitsunoh as a dedicated lead, Frisk can work to ensure you do not waste your use of Trick by using it on another Choice-locked foe. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Kitsunoh will outspeed common Choice Scarf users like Landorus-T and Keldeo, and will be able to U-turn out of bad match-ups easily. Repeated usage of Shadow Strike will also force switches and cripple opposing Pokemon if they stay in for too long. This can win free turns for Kitsunoh, or more importantly, its teammates. Though the Choice Scarf does little for Kitsunoh's utility in defeating Fairies, as all of them are naturally slower, it does allow Kitsunoh to beat Stratagem one-on-one.

Usage Tips
========

This Kitsunoh set works well as a dedicated lead, stripping the precious items from opposing Pokemon. When in doubt, you should always click U-turn to kill off opposing momentum while maintaining your own. Additionally, unless Kitsunoh is facing Stratagem, it should not use its Steel-type STAB move until it Tricks away its Scarf, as it's a poor type to be locked into and can easily be taken advantage of. Even if you don't use this set as a dedicated lead, TrickScarf works wonders against defensive Pokemon like Clefable, Chansey, and Skarmory. Keep in mind, however, that you can only use it once!

Team Options
========

As Kitsunoh isn't a wallbreaker, you should pack special attackers to deal with physical walls that threaten it. Aurumoth is a good partner, as it is able to take on Mega Venusaur and Tomohawk, both of which are thorough stops to Kitsunoh. Stratagem can deal with Syclant, Ferrothorn, Cawmodore, and, to a certain extent, Colossoil. But if Colossoil remains too much trouble for you, a Fairy-type such Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir is great for beating it. Fairies have the added bonus of being able to defeat Tomohawk more easily than Aurumoth can, as well as countering nearly all variants of Cyclohm.

Wispy Kit 2.0
########
name: Utility
move 1: Will-O-Wisp
move 2: Shadow Strike
move 3: U-turn / Knock Off
move 4: Defog
ability: Limber
item: Leftovers / Air Balloon
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves
========

A fast Will-O-Wisp allows Kitsunoh to easily spread burns and patch up its subpar Defense. Shadow Strike is the best choice for a reliable STAB move, as the ability to cause constant Defense drops and vast neutral coverage far outclasses Steel-type coverage on Ice-, Rock- and Fairy-types. U-turn and Knock Off are utility attacks; U-turn is useful to gain and maintain momentum and Knock Off can relieve foes of their items. Defog adds to the utility of this set by keeping entry hazards off the field. Kitsunoh makes for a good Defogger because it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Toxic Spikes, meaning it can switch into hazards several times without worry.

Set Details
========

As this set is not entirely offensive, you want to maximize Kitsunoh's HP and Speed to make it as bulky and fast as possible. Leftovers add to Kitsunoh's overall longevity, while Air Balloon lets it freely switch into Ground-type moves as well as Spikes, making Kitsunoh an even better entry hazard remover. As a fast support Pokemon, Kitsunoh hates being inflicted with paralysis, so you should always use Limber over Frisk.

Usage Tips
========

No matter how much you invest in Kitsunoh's HP, it still has merely average bulk. Moreover, you're not sweeping teams with nearly zero investment in offense, so don't use Kitsunoh as your team's main attacker. U-turn and Knock Off should not be thought of as offensive tools, either; they are there for utility more than anything else. These attacks do, however, prevent Kitsunoh from being Taunt bait, as does Shadow Strike.

Team Options
========

This Kitsunoh is a supporter, so you need offensive teammates that it can support. Pokemon that aren't very physically bulky, such Sylveon, appreciate Kitsunoh's burn support. Offensive teammates also appreciate such support, so it would be wise to surround Kitsunoh with an offensive core; Stratagem and Aurumoth are great Pokemon to build around here because they are usable on a wide variety of teams. You should also have a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types; Cawmodore and Mollux work well in this role. Pokemon that appreciate Defog and don't overly require hazard support of their own, such as Gyarados, also make good partners.

All-Out Attacker
########
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Shadow Strike
move 2: Meteor Mash / Iron Head
move 3: Earthquake / Ice Punch / Superpower
move 4: U-turn / Earthquake
item: Choice Band / Life Orb

Moves
========

Kitsunoh's STAB attacks have good neutral coverage, and together they hit everything for at least neutral damage bar Bibarel, Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Mega Gyarados, Heliolisk, Houndoom, Pyroar, and Sharpedo. Earthquake often provides the best secondary coverage, hitting Mega Charizard X, Cyclohm, Bisharp, Heatran, Mollux, Volkraken, Krilowatt, Excadrill, and Klefki for super effective damage. Ice Punch, on the other hand, hits Landorus, Mega Pinsir, Thundurus, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Gliscor. Superpower is an option if Kitsunoh absolutely needs to beat Chansey, Blissey, Colossoil, and Ferrothorn. A strong U-turn maintains momentum and deals damage when Kitsunoh needs to switch, and with Attack investment, U-turn actually has use as a main source of damage.

Set Details
========

Even with a modest base 103 Attack, this spread is all about dealing damage with the proper coverage. Full investment in Attack and Speed ensure that Kitsunoh can deal the most damage as quickly as possible. A Choice Band is often the best item for this set, as it maximizes Kitsunoh's damage output and its move-locking side effects reset if Kitsunoh U-turns out. But if you choose not to run U-turn, a Life Orb becomes Kitsunoh's best bet. Limber is the better ability, as it saves Kitsunoh from stray Thunder Waves, and allows it to beat Static Cyclohm should you forego Earthquake.

Usage Tips
========

When using a Choice Band, choose your move carefully. If a threat to Kitsunoh is still on the opposing side, make sure you U-turn out to preserve Kitsunoh for later. This offensive set is most useful a late-game cleaner, especially considering that Kitsunoh resists many forms of priority. It is also great for killing Fairies and allows you to not have to use a teamslot on Mollux or Cawmodore. But beware of Rocky Helmet Tomohawk and Skarmory; it would be unwise to even U-turn out against them.

Team Options
========

Special attackers such as Aurumoth and Keldeo can destroy the physical walls that force Kitsunoh out. U-turning into Cyclohm or Stratagem can help protect Kitsunoh from Fire-types such as Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y. Fairy-types such as Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon will destroy Tomohawk, Cyclohm, and Colossoil, all of which are strong checks to Kitsunoh. Dragon-types such as Garchomp appreciate Kitsunoh's ability to beat Fairy-types. Entry hazard support from the likes of Tomohawk and Landorus-T will give Kitsunoh an easier time landing KOs.

Other Options
########

Focus Sash lets Kitsunoh survive an attack from Colossoil, Talonflame, both Mega Charizards, or Choice Scarf users, but is dependent on entry hazards being off the field. Assault Vest looks great on paper, but it is not that viable because of Kitsunoh's below-average bulk and poor offense if you invest in bulk. Roar is actually a decent option to force out Clefable if it accumulates too many boosts. Make sure you do not run Roar alongside Defog, as you will clear away any entry hazards that have been set up earlier in the battle, thereby reducing the effectiveness of Kitsunoh's phazing. An Expert Belt can be used on offensive sets, as it does not lock Kitsunoh into a move like a Choice Band and takes advantage of its plethora of resistances and good coverage despite its iffy bulk. Finally, Taunt can be nice to stallbreak and prevent status moves, but typically Tomohawk and Thundurus do the Taunt shenanigans better.

Checks & Counters
########

**Colossoil**: Thanks to the Steel-type nerf, Kitsunoh no longer takes neutral damage to Dark-type moves and as such loses to Colossoil nearly every time. All the Colossoil user has to do is to click Sucker Punch, and Kitsunoh is done for the battle.

**Talonflame**: Talonflame makes Kitsunoh literally toast. Kitsunoh is completely unable to take a Flare Blitz, even when it invests in bulk.

**Choice Scarf Users**: If Kitsunoh is not holding Choice Scarf itself, then it gets demolished by the likes of Landorus-T, Victini, and Volkraken, which all have STAB moves that it is weak to.

**Tomohawk and Skarmory**: These two defensive birds wall all of Kitsunoh's sets and often carry Rocky Helmet to deal chip damage to Kitsunoh.

**Charizard**: Kitsunoh cannot hit Mega Charizard Y super effectively, while Charizard OHKOes it. Though it can use Earthquake on Mega Charizard X, the move won't OHKO Charizard all the time and Kitsunoh will lose if Earthquake fails to OHKO.

**Physical walls**: Kitsunoh's average 103 Attack leaves a lot to be desired against Cyclohm, Cawmodore, Mega Scizor, and even Revenankh, despite hitting the last super effectively.

**Mega Venusaur**: Mega Venusaur, particularly the physically defensive variant, walls Kitsunoh to no end. Fortunately, it can do little in return because Kitsunoh resists Grass and is immune to Poison.

Last edited:
Scarf deserves a slash in the all out attacker set or at least in OO imo.

Great analysis papa!

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I feel it's somewhat of a shame not to somewhere at least mention Trick Kit. Kitsunoh was made to be an excellent scout, and access to Trick was one of the main reasons why people would ever use Kitsunoh over Genesect (back in the day before he was banned). The point of this, of course, is trying to differentiate Kitsunoh from other scouts. Overall, there are better All-Out Attackers than Kit, though I suppose it can do the job... Personally, I'd love to see a trick set listed in the primary set slot, but I'll listen to what others have to say on the subject as well.

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I feel it's somewhat of a shame not to somewhere at least mention Trick Kit. Kitsunoh was made to be an excellent scout, and access to Trick was one of the main reasons why people would ever use Kitsunoh over Genesect (back in the day before he was banned). The point of this, of course, is trying to differentiate Kitsunoh from other scouts. Overall, there are better All-Out Attackers than Kit, though I suppose it can do the job... Personally, I'd love to see a trick set listed in the primary set slot, but I'll listen to what others have to say on the subject as well.
There are two sets that I have yet to add; one of them is Trick Kit.

Edit: Done. Also, I scrapped the other set as it was not very good.

Last edited:

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All of the sets you posted are very good, and I love the promotion for Defog Kitsu. Some things you may want to add would be Colossoil into checks and counters, as well as a set purveying it as what it was intended to be: a scout.

Empress

All of the sets you posted are very good, and I love the promotion for Defog Kitsu. Some things you may want to add would be Colossoil into checks and counters, as well as a set purveying it as what it was intended to be: a scout.
Ok, will do. Also, the Choice Scarf set is the scouting set.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Alright, this is looking a lot better than your original post. Other OO, you say that you specifically use Expert Belt... This may mbe more of a prose thing, but specifically referring to yourself in the first person probably shouldn't be done in the analysis.

I'm somewhat curious if Will-O-Wisp is at all viable on the trick set, as it could be potentially slashed with U-turn. I'm sure I've encountered a few Trick n' Wispers before, and the ability to do a double cripple might be pretty nice.

Other than that, I think you should try to order the sets in terms of their effectiveness, starting with the best and ending with the worst. Personally, I think the all-out attacker set is the worst of the three, but I'm not sure if the trick (choice scarf) or defog (classic wispy kit) should be listed first.

Overall, I think this is one of the analyses that is almost ready for a QC. Good progress!

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Don't use wisp on the trick set; you're already crippling something with trick and scarfed willo invites colo/mega garde to come in and bop something.

On the defog set, I wouldn't use steel coverage at all. Ghost is much better type coverage to have, so you can actually hit the fire-types that try to switch in

On the 'all-out attacker' set, why do you have sash exactly? You must have so much hazard control for it to work, which means adding another check to fairies. I'd personally remove it.

Just a small nitpick as well, even hp number always get me, unless the mon has bd.

Apart from my complaining, it's a great analysis!

Empress

Don't use wisp on the trick set; you're already crippling something with trick and scarfed willo invites colo/mega garde to come in and bop something.

On the defog set, I wouldn't use steel coverage at all. Ghost is much better type coverage to have, so you can actually hit the fire-types that try to switch in

On the 'all-out attacker' set, why do you have sash exactly? You must have so much hazard control for it to work, which means adding another check to fairies. I'd personally remove it.

Just a small nitpick as well, even hp number always get me, unless the mon has bd.

Apart from my complaining, it's a great analysis!
Thanks- put in all the suggestions.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
At this point my main criticism is with the checks/counters list. Try to list the hardest counters first. Also, I disagree with your statement that Char X isn't much of a a threat. Even with a Choice Band Adamant EQ (spoilers: we're Jolly anyway) it still isn't even a guaranteed 1HKO on Zard X.

252+ Atk Choice Band Aegislash-Blade Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 278-328 (93.6 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
(278, 282, 284, 288, 290, 294, 298, 300, 304, 308, 310, 314, 318, 320, 324, 328)

Char Y is arguably more threatening, but omitting the part where saying X isn't a problem might be best. I'm fine if you list only Y in the counters section, but try to avoid insinuating Kit is likely to beat X :)

Empress

At this point my main criticism is with the checks/counters list. Try to list the hardest counters first. Also, I disagree with your statement that Char X isn't much of a a threat. Even with a Choice Band Adamant EQ (spoilers: we're Jolly anyway) it still isn't even a guaranteed 1HKO on Zard X.

252+ Atk Choice Band Aegislash-Blade Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 278-328 (93.6 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
(278, 282, 284, 288, 290, 294, 298, 300, 304, 308, 310, 314, 318, 320, 324, 328)

Char Y is arguably more threatening, but omitting the part where saying X isn't a problem might be best. I'm fine if you list only Y in the counters section, but try to avoid insinuating Kit is likely to beat X :)
Done.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Something I missed: Change 248 HP EVs on Wispy Kit to 252. 248 does not help with SR since 364 is not divisible by 16, and Kit takes 1/16th damage from SR.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
'Finally, with a wide array of coverage moves, including its signature move, Shadow Strike, it works as a fast physical sweeper as well.'
'Its sweeping capabilities are also limited, due to its middling 103 Attack and lack of a boosting move.'

slightly contradicting
If you alter your wording in this bit (intro) slightly, i'll give you the final qc

Empress

'Finally, with a wide array of coverage moves, including its signature move, Shadow Strike, it works as a fast physical sweeper as well.'
'Its sweeping capabilities are also limited, due to its middling 103 Attack and lack of a boosting move.'

slightly contradicting
If you alter your wording in this bit (intro) slightly, i'll give you the final qc
Alrighty, changed it a little bit.

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1/2 :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########
(please don't write analyses with emphasis on the generation shift. also, replace all curly ’ with regular ')
Kitsunoh has a solid arguably gained the most out of all the CAPs this generation. Its defensive typing remains solid, sporting a whopping twelve resistances, including one resistance to Fairy the brand new Fairy-type. Such a This typing also allows it to check various staples of the CAP metagame, including but not limited to Kyurem-B and Aurumoth. (*) The Defog buff also gave it an entirely new niche; its fast Defog and resistance to Stealth Rock almost ensures it can clear the field you will fire it off, and its resistance to Stealth Rock allows you to switch in safely. Kitsunoh's base 110 Speed allows it Though the power creep increases with each passing generation, 110 Speed is still “fast” this generation, allowing Kitsunoh to outpace threats such as Keldeo, and (move underlined section to *) It retains its ability to be a scout and a lead from the DPP era, even with the introduction of Team Preview. Finally, with a wide array of coverage moves, including its signature move, Shadow Strike, it can function works as a fast physical sweeper as well. Also, unlike other sweepers, however, Kitsunoh does not suffer from four-moveslot syndrome 4MSS; it can deal with everything it needs to with its 2 STAB moves and 2 coverage moves.

Although Kitsunoh gained some brand new toys in this generation, it also gained some nasty new weaknesses. However, the Steel-type nerf and the Knock Off buff means its Kitsunoh's typing, while still good, is not as good as it used to be. The rise of Colossoil does it no favors, (remove comma) either, as Kitsunoh is being unable to withstand take anything Colossoil has to throw at it. Additionally, its such a defensive typing can go to waste due to Kitsunoh’s frailty; 80 / 85 / 80 is not strong bulk. Finally, even with its vast offensive movepool, it still has a modest base 103 Attack and lacks a boosting move. Nonetheless, Kitsunoh’s versatility makes it a great fit for teams looking for a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-typeskiller, a reliable hazard remover, a dedicated lead, and much more.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========
With this set, not only does Kitsunoh have a very fast U-turn to keep your team's momentum going, but it can also use TrickScarf to cripple opposing leads, in addition to stall mons or stall staples such as Chansey. Shadow Strike is works as Kitsunoh's Ghost-type STAB move, coming and it comes with a nifty 50% chance to lower the foe's your opponent’s Defense stat. As such, the move is extremely spammable, (remove comma) and can either gradually make you let Kitsunoh hit that much harder, (remove comma) or force your opponent the foe out if they it accumulates too many Defense drops. Finally, Kitsunoh has a choice between two Steel-type STAB moves, (comma) in Meteor Mash and Iron Head. Meteor Mash has more immediate power, and its 20% chance to raise Attack can come in very handy. AlternativelyConversely, Iron Head is more reliable due to its perfect accuracy, and the its 30% flinch rate is nice.

Set Details
========
This set highlights what we built Kitsunoh to be: a scout. In terms of ability, Limber is usually the better choice, as the ability to block paralysis from the likes of Thundurus and Chansey is more valuable than Frisk's utility. However, if you are to use this Kitsunoh as a dedicated lead, Frisk can work to ensure you do not waste your use of Trick. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Kitsunoh will outspeed common Choice Scarf users like Landorus-T and Keldeo, and will be able to U-turn out of bad matchups easily. Repeated usage of Shadow Strike will also force switches, (remove comma) and cripple opposing Pokemon your opponent if they stay in for too long. Though the Choice Scarf does little for to Kitsunoh's utility in defeating Fairies Steel-type STAB, as all of them Fairies are naturally slower, it does allow Kitsunoh to beat Stratagem 1v1.

Usage Tips
========
Being a scouting set, this Kitsunoh works well as a dedicated lead, stripping the precious items from opposing Pokemon, most notably Tomohawk, among others. ButWhen in doubt, you should always click U-turn to kill off opposing momentum while maintaining your own. Additionally, unless you are facing Stratagem, you should not use Kitsunoh’s Steel-type STAB move until you Trick away its Scarf. And even if you don’t use this set as a dedicated lead, TrickScarf works wonders against defensive Pokemon like Clefable, Chansey, (comma) and Skarmory. Keep in mind, however, that you can only use it once!

Team Options
========
As Kitsunoh isn't a wallbreaker, you should pack special attackers to deal with physical walls that threaten it. Aurumoth is a good partner, being able to prevent Mega Venusaur and Tomohawk from walling Kitsunoh. Stratagem can deal with Syclant, Ferrothorn, Cawmodore, and, at a certain level, Colossoil. But if Colossoil remains too much trouble for you, a Fairy-type like Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir is great for beating it. Fairies have the added bonus of being able to defeating Tomohawk more easily easier than Aurumoth can, as well as countering Cyclohm nearly every time.

Classic Wispy Kit ()
########
name: Classic Wispy Kit (you could add "(Support)" or "(Utility)" to here and above to characterize the set)

Moves
========
In this set, Kitsunoh moves beyond the realm of its sweeping capabilities to become a supporter. (if you implement the above change, this sentence is no longer necessary) A fast Will-O-Wisp allows you Kitsunoh to easily spread burns easily, and it helps patch up Kitsunoh's subpar Defense. Shadow Strike is your best choice for dealing of damage, as the ability to cause constant Defense drops far outclasses Steel-type coverage. U-turn and Knock Off are options for utility, (semicolon to comma) U-turn for maintaining momentum, (remove comma) and Knock Off for removing items. Defog adds to the utility of this set by keeping entry hazards off the field. Kitsunoh makes for a good Defogger because it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Toxic Spikes, meaning it can often switch into hazards without worry.

Set Details
========
As this set is less offensive than others, you want to maximize Kitsunoh's HP. Leftovers add to Kitsunoh's overall longevity, while Air Balloon lets it freely switch into Ground-type moves as well as Spikes, thereby making it an even better hazard remover than it was before. Being a supportive mon in this case, As a support Pokemon, Kitsunoh will hates being statused, so you should always use Limber over Frisk. U-turn and Knock Off should are not be its main attacks, either; they are there for utility more than anything. The chosen one of those attacks, (remove comma) along with Shadow Strike, (remove comma) prevents Kitsunoh from being Taunt bait. And as explained above, This set is great for quickly spreading burns. (move underlined section to usage tips as it fits better there, your call on where to put it)

Usage Tips
========
You're not sweeping teams with nearly uninvested offense, so don't use Kitsunoh as your main attacker. With such little offense, this set is even more prone to physical walls than the offensive set; Shadow Strike can only do so much. Moreover, no matter how much you invest in Kitsunoh’s HP, it still has merely average bulk.

Team Options
========
This Kitsunoh is a supporter, so you need offensive teammates that it can support. Pokemons that aren't very all that physically bulky, like Sylveon or and Colossoil, appreciate its burn support. Offensive teammates also appreciate such support, so it would be wise to surround Kitsunoh with an offensive core. Like the previous set, Stratagem and Aurumoth are great Pokemon to build around here. You should also have a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types killer; Cawmodore and Mollux work well in this role.

All-Out Attacker
########

Moves
========
If you want to go all-out on the offense, this is the set for you. Kitsunoh's STAB attacks make an appearance for their good neutral coverage, hitting (targets) again, but this time it also has coverage moves at its disposal. Earthquake often provides the best strongest coverage, hitting Mega Charizard X, Cyclohm, Bisharp, Heatran, Mollux, Volkraken, Krilowatt, Excadrill, and Klefki. Ice Punch, however, hits Landorus, Mega Pinsir, Thundurus, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Gliscor. Superpower is an option if you need to beat Chansey, Blissey, the blobs, Colossoil, or and Ferrothorn. A strong U-turn maintains momentum and deals damage when you need to switch, and with Attack investment in Kitsunoh’s offense, U-turn actually has use as a main source of damage.

Set Details
========
Even with a modest base 103 Attack, this spread is all about dealing damage with the proper coverage. A Choice Band is often the best item for this set, as it maximizes Kitsunoh's damage output and its move-locking side effects resets if Kitsunoh it U-turns out. But if you choose not to run U-turn, a Life Orb becomes your next best bet. Limber is once again the better ability, as it will saves Kitsunoh from stray Thunder Waves, and will and allows it to beat Static Cyclohm should you forego Earthquake.

Usage Tips
========
When using a Choice Band, choose your move carefully. If one of your a threats to Kitsunoh is still on the opposing foe’s side, make sure you U-turn out to preserve Kitsunoh for later. This offensive set makes primarily for a late-game cleaner, especially given considering that Kitsunoh resists many forms of priority. It is also great for killing Fairies, (remove comma) and will allows you to not have to use a teamslot on Mollux or Cawmodore. But beware of Rocky Helmet Tomohawk and Skarmory; it would be unwise to even U-turn out against them.

Team Options
========
You will need special attackers to break physical walls. U-turning in Cyclohm or Stratagem can help you with threats like Talonflame and both Mega Charizards. This set requires very similar support to function as the Choice Scarf set, so keep that in mind while teambuilding. (could c/p relevant team options from the scarf set instead of cross-referencing, which I believe is frowned upon)

Other Options
########
A Focus Sash lets you Kitsunoh live an attack from Colossoil, Talonflame, both Charizards, or something Choice Scarfed, but make sure you keep off hazards off the field. An Assault Vest looks great on paper, but it is not that viable because of Kitsunoh's below-average bulk, (remove comma) and its poor offense if you invest in its bulk. Roar is actually a decent option to force out Clefable if it accumulates too many boostsCosmic Powers or Calm Minds, and makes Kitsunoh a good phazer as long as you don't run Defog. (period) (elaborate on italicized section, as meaning is currently unclear) An Expert Belt can be used on offensive sets, as it does not lock Kitsunoh into a move like a Choice Band, (remove comma) and takes advantage of its plethora of resistances and good coverage despite its iffy bulk. Finally, Taunt can be nice to stallbreak and prevent status moves, but typically Tomohawk and Thundurus do the Taunt shenanigans better.

Checks & Counters
########
**Colossoil**: Thanks to the Steel-type nerf, Kitsunoh will loses to Colossoil nearly every time. All it has to do is click Sucker Punch, and Kitsunoh is toast. (consider changing to another expression to avoid repetition with below pun)
**Talonflame**: Talonflame makes Kitsunoh literally toast. Kitsunoh is completely unable to stomach a Flare Blitz, even when it invests in bulk in the Classic Wispy Kit set.
**Choice Scarf Users**: If Kitsunoh is not holding Choice Scarf scarfed itself, then it gets utterly wrecked by the likes of Landorus-T, Victini and Volkraken, which who all carry have STAB moves that it is weak to.
**Tomohawk and Skarmory**: These two defensive birds wall all of Kitsunoh's sets, and they often carry Rocky Helmet to deal chip damage to it.
**Mega Charizard**: Kitsunoh cannot hit Mega Charizard Y super effectively, and it while Charizard OHKOes it right back. Though it can use Earthquake on Mega Charizard X, it the move won't OHKO Charizard all the time, and Kitsunoh will lose if Earthquake fails to OHKO. (period)
**Physical Walls**: Again, its Kitsunoh's average 103 Attack leaves a lot to be desired against Cyclohm, Cawmodore, Mega Scizor, and even Revenankh, (comma) despite hitting the last it super effectively.
**Mega Venusaur**: Particularly for physically defensive variants, Mega Venusaur, particularly for physically defensive variants, walls Kitsunoh to no end. Fortunately, it can’t do anything back either.

Empress

1/2 :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########
(please don't write analyses with emphasis on the generation shift. also, replace all curly ’ with regular ')
Kitsunoh has a solid arguably gained the most out of all the CAPs this generation. Its defensive typing remains solid, sporting a whopping twelve resistances, including one resistance to Fairy the brand new Fairy-type. Such a This typing also allows it to check various staples of the CAP metagame, including but not limited to Kyurem-B and Aurumoth. (*) The Defog buff also gave it an entirely new niche; its fast Defog and resistance to Stealth Rock almost ensures it can clear the field you will fire it off, and its resistance to Stealth Rock allows you to switch in safely. Kitsunoh's base 110 Speed allows it Though the power creep increases with each passing generation, 110 Speed is still “fast” this generation, allowing Kitsunoh to outpace threats such as Keldeo, and (move underlined section to *) It retains its ability to be a scout and a lead from the DPP era, even with the introduction of Team Preview. Finally, with a wide array of coverage moves, including its signature move, Shadow Strike, it can function works as a fast physical sweeper as well. Also, unlike other sweepers, however, Kitsunoh does not suffer from four-moveslot syndrome 4MSS; it can deal with everything it needs to with its 2 STAB moves and 2 coverage moves.

Although Kitsunoh gained some brand new toys in this generation, it also gained some nasty new weaknesses. However, the Steel-type nerf and the Knock Off buff means its Kitsunoh's typing, while still good, is not as good as it used to be. The rise of Colossoil does it no favors, (remove comma) either, as Kitsunoh is being unable to withstand take anything Colossoil has to throw at it. Additionally, its such a defensive typing can go to waste due to Kitsunoh’s frailty; 80 / 85 / 80 is not strong bulk. Finally, even with its vast offensive movepool, it still has a modest base 103 Attack and lacks a boosting move. Nonetheless, Kitsunoh’s versatility makes it a great fit for teams looking for a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-typeskiller, a reliable hazard remover, a dedicated lead, and much more.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========
With this set, not only does Kitsunoh have a very fast U-turn to keep your team's momentum going, but it can also use TrickScarf to cripple opposing leads, in addition to stall mons or stall staples such as Chansey. Shadow Strike is works as Kitsunoh's Ghost-type STAB move, coming and it comes with a nifty 50% chance to lower the foe's your opponent’s Defense stat. As such, the move is extremely spammable, (remove comma) and can either gradually make you let Kitsunoh hit that much harder, (remove comma) or force your opponent the foe out if they it accumulates too many Defense drops. Finally, Kitsunoh has a choice between two Steel-type STAB moves, (comma) in Meteor Mash and Iron Head. Meteor Mash has more immediate power, and its 20% chance to raise Attack can come in very handy. AlternativelyConversely, Iron Head is more reliable due to its perfect accuracy, and the its 30% flinch rate is nice.

Set Details
========
This set highlights what we built Kitsunoh to be: a scout. In terms of ability, Limber is usually the better choice, as the ability to block paralysis from the likes of Thundurus and Chansey is more valuable than Frisk's utility. However, if you are to use this Kitsunoh as a dedicated lead, Frisk can work to ensure you do not waste your use of Trick. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Kitsunoh will outspeed common Choice Scarf users like Landorus-T and Keldeo, and will be able to U-turn out of bad matchups easily. Repeated usage of Shadow Strike will also force switches, (remove comma) and cripple opposing Pokemon your opponent if they stay in for too long. Though the Choice Scarf does little for to Kitsunoh's utility in defeating Fairies Steel-type STAB, as all of them Fairies are naturally slower, it does allow Kitsunoh to beat Stratagem 1v1.

Usage Tips
========
Being a scouting set, this Kitsunoh works well as a dedicated lead, stripping the precious items from opposing Pokemon, most notably Tomohawk, among others. ButWhen in doubt, you should always click U-turn to kill off opposing momentum while maintaining your own. Additionally, unless you are facing Stratagem, you should not use Kitsunoh’s Steel-type STAB move until you Trick away its Scarf. And even if you don’t use this set as a dedicated lead, TrickScarf works wonders against defensive Pokemon like Clefable, Chansey, (comma) and Skarmory. Keep in mind, however, that you can only use it once!

Team Options
========
As Kitsunoh isn't a wallbreaker, you should pack special attackers to deal with physical walls that threaten it. Aurumoth is a good partner, being able to prevent Mega Venusaur and Tomohawk from walling Kitsunoh. Stratagem can deal with Syclant, Ferrothorn, Cawmodore, and, at a certain level, Colossoil. But if Colossoil remains too much trouble for you, a Fairy-type like Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir is great for beating it. Fairies have the added bonus of being able to defeating Tomohawk more easily easier than Aurumoth can, as well as countering Cyclohm nearly every time.

Classic Wispy Kit ()
########
name: Classic Wispy Kit (you could add "(Support)" or "(Utility)" to here and above to characterize the set)

Moves
========
In this set, Kitsunoh moves beyond the realm of its sweeping capabilities to become a supporter. (if you implement the above change, this sentence is no longer necessary) A fast Will-O-Wisp allows you Kitsunoh to easily spread burns easily, and it helps patch up Kitsunoh's subpar Defense. Shadow Strike is your best choice for dealing of damage, as the ability to cause constant Defense drops far outclasses Steel-type coverage. U-turn and Knock Off are options for utility, (semicolon to comma) U-turn for maintaining momentum, (remove comma) and Knock Off for removing items. Defog adds to the utility of this set by keeping entry hazards off the field. Kitsunoh makes for a good Defogger because it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Toxic Spikes, meaning it can often switch into hazards without worry.

Set Details
========
As this set is less offensive than others, you want to maximize Kitsunoh's HP. Leftovers add to Kitsunoh's overall longevity, while Air Balloon lets it freely switch into Ground-type moves as well as Spikes, thereby making it an even better hazard remover than it was before. Being a supportive mon in this case, As a support Pokemon, Kitsunoh will hates being statused, so you should always use Limber over Frisk. U-turn and Knock Off should are not be its main attacks, either; they are there for utility more than anything. The chosen one of those attacks, (remove comma) along with Shadow Strike, (remove comma) prevents Kitsunoh from being Taunt bait. And as explained above, This set is great for quickly spreading burns. (move underlined section to usage tips as it fits better there, your call on where to put it)

Usage Tips
========
You're not sweeping teams with nearly uninvested offense, so don't use Kitsunoh as your main attacker. With such little offense, this set is even more prone to physical walls than the offensive set; Shadow Strike can only do so much. Moreover, no matter how much you invest in Kitsunoh’s HP, it still has merely average bulk.

Team Options
========
This Kitsunoh is a supporter, so you need offensive teammates that it can support. Pokemons that aren't very all that physically bulky, like Sylveon or and Colossoil, appreciate its burn support. Offensive teammates also appreciate such support, so it would be wise to surround Kitsunoh with an offensive core. Like the previous set, Stratagem and Aurumoth are great Pokemon to build around here. You should also have a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types killer; Cawmodore and Mollux work well in this role.

All-Out Attacker
########

Moves
========
If you want to go all-out on the offense, this is the set for you. Kitsunoh's STAB attacks make an appearance for their good neutral coverage, hitting (targets) again, but this time it also has coverage moves at its disposal. Earthquake often provides the best strongest coverage, hitting Mega Charizard X, Cyclohm, Bisharp, Heatran, Mollux, Volkraken, Krilowatt, Excadrill, and Klefki. Ice Punch, however, hits Landorus, Mega Pinsir, Thundurus, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Gliscor. Superpower is an option if you need to beat Chansey, Blissey, the blobs, Colossoil, or and Ferrothorn. A strong U-turn maintains momentum and deals damage when you need to switch, and with Attack investment in Kitsunoh’s offense, U-turn actually has use as a main source of damage.

Set Details
========
Even with a modest base 103 Attack, this spread is all about dealing damage with the proper coverage. A Choice Band is often the best item for this set, as it maximizes Kitsunoh's damage output and its move-locking side effects resets if Kitsunoh it U-turns out. But if you choose not to run U-turn, a Life Orb becomes your next best bet. Limber is once again the better ability, as it will saves Kitsunoh from stray Thunder Waves, and will and allows it to beat Static Cyclohm should you forego Earthquake.

Usage Tips
========
When using a Choice Band, choose your move carefully. If one of your a threats to Kitsunoh is still on the opposing foe’s side, make sure you U-turn out to preserve Kitsunoh for later. This offensive set makes primarily for a late-game cleaner, especially given considering that Kitsunoh resists many forms of priority. It is also great for killing Fairies, (remove comma) and will allows you to not have to use a teamslot on Mollux or Cawmodore. But beware of Rocky Helmet Tomohawk and Skarmory; it would be unwise to even U-turn out against them.

Team Options
========
You will need special attackers to break physical walls. U-turning in Cyclohm or Stratagem can help you with threats like Talonflame and both Mega Charizards. This set requires very similar support to function as the Choice Scarf set, so keep that in mind while teambuilding. (could c/p relevant team options from the scarf set instead of cross-referencing, which I believe is frowned upon)

Other Options
########
A Focus Sash lets you Kitsunoh live an attack from Colossoil, Talonflame, both Charizards, or something Choice Scarfed, but make sure you keep off hazards off the field. An Assault Vest looks great on paper, but it is not that viable because of Kitsunoh's below-average bulk, (remove comma) and its poor offense if you invest in its bulk. Roar is actually a decent option to force out Clefable if it accumulates too many boostsCosmic Powers or Calm Minds, and makes Kitsunoh a good phazer as long as you don't run Defog. (period) (elaborate on italicized section, as meaning is currently unclear) An Expert Belt can be used on offensive sets, as it does not lock Kitsunoh into a move like a Choice Band, (remove comma) and takes advantage of its plethora of resistances and good coverage despite its iffy bulk. Finally, Taunt can be nice to stallbreak and prevent status moves, but typically Tomohawk and Thundurus do the Taunt shenanigans better.

Checks & Counters
########
**Colossoil**: Thanks to the Steel-type nerf, Kitsunoh will loses to Colossoil nearly every time. All it has to do is click Sucker Punch, and Kitsunoh is toast. (consider changing to another expression to avoid repetition with below pun)
**Talonflame**: Talonflame makes Kitsunoh literally toast. Kitsunoh is completely unable to stomach a Flare Blitz, even when it invests in bulk in the Classic Wispy Kit set.
**Choice Scarf Users**: If Kitsunoh is not holding Choice Scarf scarfed itself, then it gets utterly wrecked by the likes of Landorus-T, Victini and Volkraken, which who all carry have STAB moves that it is weak to.
**Tomohawk and Skarmory**: These two defensive birds wall all of Kitsunoh's sets, and they often carry Rocky Helmet to deal chip damage to it.
**Mega Charizard**: Kitsunoh cannot hit Mega Charizard Y super effectively, and it while Charizard OHKOes it right back. Though it can use Earthquake on Mega Charizard X, it the move won't OHKO Charizard all the time, and Kitsunoh will lose if Earthquake fails to OHKO. (period)
**Physical Walls**: Again, its Kitsunoh's average 103 Attack leaves a lot to be desired against Cyclohm, Cawmodore, Mega Scizor, and even Revenankh, (comma) despite hitting the last it super effectively.
**Mega Venusaur**: Particularly for physically defensive variants, Mega Venusaur, particularly for physically defensive variants, walls Kitsunoh to no end. Fortunately, it can’t do anything back either.
Wow I had a lot to change. Thanks frenzyplant! Ready for GP #2.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What's new pussycat

Overview
########
[I think it would be better if you rearrange some of these sentences - start with what it does and then describe its qualities rather than the other way around - I've arranged this in a makeshift fashion below, but you can change it around if you'd like since you know the XYCAP meta better than I do]

Kitsunoh is one of the most versatile CAPs around, and can perform well in both offensive and utility roles thanks to its combination of unique traits and desirable move options. It can also act as a scout or a lead, as it did in the DPP era, even with the introduction of Team Preview. Most importantly, Kitsunoh has a solid defensive typing, sporting with a whopping twelve resistances,(comma) which .(remove) This typing allows it to check various staples of the CAP metagame staples, including Kyurem-B and Aurumoth. In addition, Kitsunoh's base 110 Speed allows it to outpace threats such as Keldeo, and its fast Defog and resistance to Stealth Rock almost always ensure it can switch in and clear the field of hazards safely. It retains its ability to be a scout and a lead from the DPP era, even with the introduction of Team Preview. Finally, with a wide array of offensive coverage moves, including its signature move, Shadow Strike [Is this now Shadow Strike or is it still ShadowStrike? Should check that], it can function as a fast physical sweeper as well. Also, unlike other sweepers, Kitsunoh does not suffer unduly from four-moveslot syndrome; it can deal with everything it needs to with 2 STABs STAB moves and 2 coverage moves.

However, the Steel-type nerf and the Knock Off buff means mean Kitsunoh's typing is not as good as it used to be. The rise of Colossoil does it no favors either, as Kitsunoh is unable to take anything Colossoil has to throw at it. Additionally, its defensive typing can go to waste in practice due to Kitsunoh's frail low 80 / 85 / 80 bulk. Finally, even with its vast offensive movepool, it still has only a modest base 103 Attack stat and lacks a boosting move. Nonetheless, Kitsunoh's versatility makes it a great fit for teams looking for a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types, a reliable hazard remover, a dedicated lead, and much more or some combination thereof.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========
With this set, not only does Kitsunoh have a very fast U-turn to keep your team's momentum going, but it can also use Trick to cripple opposing leads such as Tomohawk,(remove) or stall staples of stall teams such as Chansey. Shadow Strike is Kitsunoh's Ghost-type STAB move, coming with and includes a nifty 50% chance to lower the foe's Defense stat by one stage. As such, the move is extremely spammable and can either gradually make Kitsunoh hit that much harder or force the foe out if it accumulates too many Defense drops. Finally, Kitsunoh has a choice between two Steel-type STAB moves, Meteor Mash and Iron Head. Meteor Mash has slightly more immediate power, and its 20% chance to raise Attack comes can come in very handy. Alternatively, Iron Head is more reliable due to its perfect accuracy, and its 30% flinch rate is nice.

Set Details
========
This set highlights what we built Kitsunoh was built to be: a scout the ultimate scout. In terms of ability, Limber is usually the better choice of ability, as the ability to block immunity to paralysis from the likes of Thundurus and Chansey is more valuable than Frisk's utility. However, if you are to use this Kitsunoh as a dedicated lead, Frisk can work to ensure you do not waste your use of Trick by using it on another Choice-locked foe. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Kitsunoh will outspeed common Choice Scarf users like Landorus-T and Keldeo, and will be able to U-turn out of bad match-ups easily. Repeated usage of Shadow Strike will also force switches and cripple opposing Pokemon if they stay in for too long [note here that this can win free turns either for Kitsunoh or more importantly its teammates]. Though the Choice Scarf does little for Kitsunoh's utility in defeating Fairies, as all of them are naturally slower, it does allow Kitsunoh to beat Stratagem 1v1 one-on-one.

Usage Tips
========
Being As it is primarily a scouting set, this Kitsunoh works well as a dedicated lead, stripping the precious items from opposing Pokemon. When in doubt, you should always click U-turn to kill off opposing momentum while maintaining your own. Additionally, unless you are facing Stratagem, you should not use Kitsunoh's Steel-type STAB move until you Trick away its Scarf,(comma) as it's a poor type of move to be locked into and can easily be taken advantage of. And even Even if you don't use this set as a dedicated lead, TrickScarf works wonders against defensive Pokemon like Clefable, Chansey, and Skarmory. Keep in mind, however, that you can only use it once!

[mention its ability to revenge kill, what it can revenge kill, and possibly some damage calcs]

Team Options
========
As Kitsunoh isn't a wallbreaker, you should pack special attackers to deal with the physical walls that threaten it. Aurumoth is a good partner, being as it is able to prevent take on Mega Venusaur and Tomohawk,(comma) both of whom are thorough stops to from walling Kitsunoh. Stratagem can deal with Syclant, Ferrothorn, Cawmodore, and, at to a certain level extent, Colossoil. But if Colossoil remains too much trouble for you, a Fairy-type like Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir is great for beating it. Fairies have the added bonus of being able to defeat Tomohawk more easily than Aurumoth can, as well as countering nearly all variants of Cyclohm nearly every time.

Classic Wispy Kit (Utility)
########
name: Classic Wispy Kit (Utility)

[no idea why you called this wispy kit. Wispy Kit was a wallbreaker and annoyer, this is a utility set]

Moves
========
A fast Will-O-Wisp allows Kitsunoh to easily spread burns and patch up its subpar Defense. Shadow Strike is your best choice for a reliable STAB attack dealing damage damage, as the ability to cause constant defense Defense drops and vast neutral coverage far outclasses Steel-type coverage on Ice-, Rock, and Fairy-types. U-turn and Knock Off are options for utility;(semicolon) ,(remove) U-turn for maintaining is useful to gain and maintain momentum,(comma) and Knock Off for removing can relieve your opponents of their items. Defog adds to the utility of this set by keeping entry hazards off the field. Kitsunoh makes for a good Defogger because it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Toxic Spikes, meaning it can often switch into hazards without worry.

Set Details
========
As this set is less offensive than others, you want to maximize Kitsunoh's HP. Leftovers add to Kitsunoh's overall longevity, while or alternatively, Air Balloon lets it freely switch into Ground-type moves as well as Spikes, making it an even better hazard remover. As a supportive support Pokemon, Kitsunoh hates being statused inflicted with status, so you should always use Limber over Frisk.

Usage Tips
========
No matter how much you invest in Kitsunoh's HP, it still has merely average bulk. Moreover, you're not sweeping teams with nearly uninvested zero investment in offense, so don't use Kitsunoh as your main attacker. With such so little offense power, this set is even more prone vulnerable to physical walls than the offensive set [is that true? bar tomohawk I don't think there are that many physical walls that like burn at all]; Shadow Strike can only do so much. U-turn and Knock Off should not be its main attacks thought of as offensive tools, either; they are there for utility more than anything else. The chosen one of those These attacks do, however, prevent along with Shadow Strike prevents Kitsunoh from being Taunt bait,(comma) along with Shadow Strike.

Team Options
========
This Kitsunoh is a supporter, so you need offensive teammates that it can support. Pokemon that aren't very physically bulky, like Sylveon and Colossoil [colossoil not physically bulky, really?], appreciate its burn support. Offensive teammates also appreciate such support, so it would be wise to surround Kitsunoh with an offensive core. Like in the previous set, Stratagem and Aurumoth are great Pokemon to build around here. You should also have a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types; Cawmodore and Mollux work well in this role.

[maybe mention mons that appreciate defog and don't overly require hazard support of their own]

All-Out Attacker
########

Moves
========
Kitsunoh's STAB attacks make an appearance for their have good neutral coverage, and together they hit hitting everything neutrally for at least neutral damage bar Bibarel, Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Houndoom,(comma) and Sharpedo [also Mega Gyara and Helioptile and Pyroar and all their unevolved forms but hey who's counting]. Earthquake often provides the best secondary coverage, hitting Mega Charizard X, Cyclohm, Bisharp, Heatran, Mollux, Volkraken, Krilowatt, Excadrill, and Klefki for super effective damage. Ice Punch, however on the other hand, hits Landorus, Mega Pinsir, Thundurus, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Gliscor. Superpower is an option if you absolutely need to beat Chansey, Blissey, Colossoil, and Ferrothorn. A strong U-turn maintains momentum and deals damage when you need to switch, and with Attack investment, U-turn actually has use as a main source of damage.

Set Details
========
Even with a modest base 103 Attack, this spread is all about dealing damage with the proper coverage. A Choice Band is often the best item for this set, as it maximizes Kitsunoh's damage output and its move-locking side effects reset if Kitsunoh U-turns out. But if you choose not to run U-turn, a Life Orb becomes your best bet. Limber is the better ability, as it saves Kitsunoh from stray Thunder Waves, and allows it to beat Static Cyclohm should you forego Earthquake.

Usage Tips
========
When using a Choice Band, choose your move carefully. If a threat to Kitsunoh is still on the opposing side, make sure you U-turn out to preserve Kitsunoh for later. This offensive set makes primarily for is most useful as a late-game cleaner, especially considering that Kitsunoh resists many forms of priority. It is also great for killing Fairies and allows you to not have to use a teamslot on Mollux or Cawmodore. But beware of Rocky Helmet Tomohawk and Skarmory; it would be unwise to even U-turn out against them.

Team Options
========
You will need special attackers to break physical walls. U-turning in into Cyclohm or Stratagem can help you with threats like Talonflame and both Mega Charizard. This set requires very similar support to function as the Choice Scarf set, so keep that in mind while teambuilding. Mega Gardevoir, Aurumoth, Sylveon,(comma) and Stratagem remain effective teammates.

Other Options
########
Focus Sash lets Kitsunoh live an attack from Colossoil, Talonflame, both Mega Charizards, or something Choice Scarfed Choice Scarf threats, but make sure you keep hazards off the field. Assault Vest looks great on paper, but it is not that viable because of Kitsunoh's below-average bulk and poor offense if you invest in bulk. Roar is actually a decent option to force out Clefable if it accumulates too many boosts. Make sure you do not run Roar alongside Defog, as you will clear away any hazards that you set up earlier in the battle, thereby reducing the effectiveness of Kitsunoh's phazing capabilities. An Expert Belt can be used on offensive sets, as it does not lock Kitsunoh into a move like a Choice Band and takes advantage of its plethora of resistances and good coverage despite its iffy bulk. Finally, Taunt can be nice to stallbreak and prevent status moves, but typically Tomohawk and Thundurus do the Taunt shenanigans better.

Checks & Counters
########
**Colossoil**: Thanks to the Steel-type nerf, Kitsunoh no longer takes neutral damage from Dark-type moves and as such loses to Colossoil nearly every time. All it the Colossoil user has to do is to click Sucker Punch, and Kitsunoh is done for the battle.
**Talonflame**: Talonflame makes Kitsunoh literally toast. Kitsunoh is completely unable to stomach take a Flare Blitz, even when it invests in bulk.
**Choice Scarfe Scarf Users**: If Kitsunoh is not holding Choice Scarf itself, then it gets utterly wrecked by the likes of Landorus-T, Victini,(comma) and Volkraken, which all have STAB moves that it is weak to.
**Charizard**: Kitsunoh cannot hit Mega Charizard Y super effectively, while Charizard OHKOes it. Though it can use Earthquake on Mega Charizard X, the move won't OHKO Charizard all the time, and Kitsunoh will lose if Earthquake fails to OHKO.
**Physical walls**: Kitsunoh's average 103 Attack leaves a lot to be desired against Cyclohm, Cawmodore, Mega Scizor, and even Revenankh, despite hitting the last super effectively.
**Mega Venusaur**: Mega Venusaur, particularly for physically defensive variants, walls Kitsunoh to no end. Fortunately, it can't do anything back either.

Check on request. Mostly sentence structure.

GP 2/2

Empress

What's new pussycat

Overview
########
[I think it would be better if you rearrange some of these sentences - start with what it does and then describe its qualities rather than the other way around - I've arranged this in a makeshift fashion below, but you can change it around if you'd like since you know the XYCAP meta better than I do]

Kitsunoh is one of the most versatile CAPs around, and can perform well in both offensive and utility roles thanks to its combination of unique traits and desirable move options. It can also act as a scout or a lead, as it did in the DPP era, even with the introduction of Team Preview. Most importantly, Kitsunoh has a solid defensive typing, sporting with a whopping twelve resistances,(comma) which .(remove) This typing allows it to check various staples of the CAP metagame staples, including Kyurem-B and Aurumoth. In addition, Kitsunoh's base 110 Speed allows it to outpace threats such as Keldeo, and its fast Defog and resistance to Stealth Rock almost always ensure it can switch in and clear the field of hazards safely. It retains its ability to be a scout and a lead from the DPP era, even with the introduction of Team Preview. Finally, with a wide array of offensive coverage moves, including its signature move, Shadow Strike [Is this now Shadow Strike or is it still ShadowStrike? Should check that], it can function as a fast physical sweeper as well. Also, unlike other sweepers, Kitsunoh does not suffer unduly from four-moveslot syndrome; it can deal with everything it needs to with 2 STABs STAB moves and 2 coverage moves.

However, the Steel-type nerf and the Knock Off buff means mean Kitsunoh's typing is not as good as it used to be. The rise of Colossoil does it no favors either, as Kitsunoh is unable to take anything Colossoil has to throw at it. Additionally, its defensive typing can go to waste in practice due to Kitsunoh's frail low 80 / 85 / 80 bulk. Finally, even with its vast offensive movepool, it still has only a modest base 103 Attack stat and lacks a boosting move. Nonetheless, Kitsunoh's versatility makes it a great fit for teams looking for a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types, a reliable hazard remover, a dedicated lead, and much more or some combination thereof.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========
With this set, not only does Kitsunoh have a very fast U-turn to keep your team's momentum going, but it can also use Trick to cripple opposing leads such as Tomohawk,(remove) or stall staples of stall teams such as Chansey. Shadow Strike is Kitsunoh's Ghost-type STAB move, coming with and includes a nifty 50% chance to lower the foe's Defense stat by one stage. As such, the move is extremely spammable and can either gradually make Kitsunoh hit that much harder or force the foe out if it accumulates too many Defense drops. Finally, Kitsunoh has a choice between two Steel-type STAB moves, Meteor Mash and Iron Head. Meteor Mash has slightly more immediate power, and its 20% chance to raise Attack comes can come in very handy. Alternatively, Iron Head is more reliable due to its perfect accuracy, and its 30% flinch rate is nice.

Set Details
========
This set highlights what we built Kitsunoh was built to be: a scout the ultimate scout. In terms of ability, Limber is usually the better choice of ability, as the ability to block immunity to paralysis from the likes of Thundurus and Chansey is more valuable than Frisk's utility. However, if you are to use this Kitsunoh as a dedicated lead, Frisk can work to ensure you do not waste your use of Trick by using it on another Choice-locked foe. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Kitsunoh will outspeed common Choice Scarf users like Landorus-T and Keldeo, and will be able to U-turn out of bad match-ups easily. Repeated usage of Shadow Strike will also force switches and cripple opposing Pokemon if they stay in for too long [note here that this can win free turns either for Kitsunoh or more importantly its teammates]. Though the Choice Scarf does little for Kitsunoh's utility in defeating Fairies, as all of them are naturally slower, it does allow Kitsunoh to beat Stratagem 1v1 one-on-one.

Usage Tips
========
Being As it is primarily a scouting set, this Kitsunoh works well as a dedicated lead, stripping the precious items from opposing Pokemon. When in doubt, you should always click U-turn to kill off opposing momentum while maintaining your own. Additionally, unless you are facing Stratagem, you should not use Kitsunoh's Steel-type STAB move until you Trick away its Scarf,(comma) as it's a poor type of move to be locked into and can easily be taken advantage of. And even Even if you don't use this set as a dedicated lead, TrickScarf works wonders against defensive Pokemon like Clefable, Chansey, and Skarmory. Keep in mind, however, that you can only use it once!

[mention its ability to revenge kill, what it can revenge kill, and possibly some damage calcs]

Team Options
========
As Kitsunoh isn't a wallbreaker, you should pack special attackers to deal with the physical walls that threaten it. Aurumoth is a good partner, being as it is able to prevent take on Mega Venusaur and Tomohawk,(comma) both of whom are thorough stops to from walling Kitsunoh. Stratagem can deal with Syclant, Ferrothorn, Cawmodore, and, at to a certain level extent, Colossoil. But if Colossoil remains too much trouble for you, a Fairy-type like Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir is great for beating it. Fairies have the added bonus of being able to defeat Tomohawk more easily than Aurumoth can, as well as countering nearly all variants of Cyclohm nearly every time.

Classic Wispy Kit (Utility)
########
name: Classic Wispy Kit (Utility)

[no idea why you called this wispy kit. Wispy Kit was a wallbreaker and annoyer, this is a utility set]

Moves
========
A fast Will-O-Wisp allows Kitsunoh to easily spread burns and patch up its subpar Defense. Shadow Strike is your best choice for a reliable STAB attack dealing damage damage, as the ability to cause constant defense Defense drops and vast neutral coverage far outclasses Steel-type coverage on Ice-, Rock, and Fairy-types. U-turn and Knock Off are options for utility;(semicolon) ,(remove) U-turn for maintaining is useful to gain and maintain momentum,(comma) and Knock Off for removing can relieve your opponents of their items. Defog adds to the utility of this set by keeping entry hazards off the field. Kitsunoh makes for a good Defogger because it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Toxic Spikes, meaning it can often switch into hazards without worry.

Set Details
========
As this set is less offensive than others, you want to maximize Kitsunoh's HP. Leftovers add to Kitsunoh's overall longevity, while or alternatively, Air Balloon lets it freely switch into Ground-type moves as well as Spikes, making it an even better hazard remover. As a supportive support Pokemon, Kitsunoh hates being statused inflicted with status, so you should always use Limber over Frisk.

Usage Tips
========
No matter how much you invest in Kitsunoh's HP, it still has merely average bulk. Moreover, you're not sweeping teams with nearly uninvested zero investment in offense, so don't use Kitsunoh as your main attacker. With such so little offense power, this set is even more prone vulnerable to physical walls than the offensive set [is that true? bar tomohawk I don't think there are that many physical walls that like burn at all]; Shadow Strike can only do so much. U-turn and Knock Off should not be its main attacks thought of as offensive tools, either; they are there for utility more than anything else. The chosen one of those These attacks do, however, prevent along with Shadow Strike prevents Kitsunoh from being Taunt bait,(comma) along with Shadow Strike.

Team Options
========
This Kitsunoh is a supporter, so you need offensive teammates that it can support. Pokemon that aren't very physically bulky, like Sylveon and Colossoil [colossoil not physically bulky, really?], appreciate its burn support. Offensive teammates also appreciate such support, so it would be wise to surround Kitsunoh with an offensive core. Like in the previous set, Stratagem and Aurumoth are great Pokemon to build around here. You should also have a Pokemon that can handle Fairy-types; Cawmodore and Mollux work well in this role.

[maybe mention mons that appreciate defog and don't overly require hazard support of their own]

All-Out Attacker
########

Moves
========
Kitsunoh's STAB attacks make an appearance for their have good neutral coverage, and together they hit hitting everything neutrally for at least neutral damage bar Bibarel, Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Houndoom,(comma) and Sharpedo [also Mega Gyara and Helioptile and Pyroar and all their unevolved forms but hey who's counting]. Earthquake often provides the best secondary coverage, hitting Mega Charizard X, Cyclohm, Bisharp, Heatran, Mollux, Volkraken, Krilowatt, Excadrill, and Klefki for super effective damage. Ice Punch, however on the other hand, hits Landorus, Mega Pinsir, Thundurus, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Gliscor. Superpower is an option if you absolutely need to beat Chansey, Blissey, Colossoil, and Ferrothorn. A strong U-turn maintains momentum and deals damage when you need to switch, and with Attack investment, U-turn actually has use as a main source of damage.

Set Details
========
Even with a modest base 103 Attack, this spread is all about dealing damage with the proper coverage. A Choice Band is often the best item for this set, as it maximizes Kitsunoh's damage output and its move-locking side effects reset if Kitsunoh U-turns out. But if you choose not to run U-turn, a Life Orb becomes your best bet. Limber is the better ability, as it saves Kitsunoh from stray Thunder Waves, and allows it to beat Static Cyclohm should you forego Earthquake.

Usage Tips
========
When using a Choice Band, choose your move carefully. If a threat to Kitsunoh is still on the opposing side, make sure you U-turn out to preserve Kitsunoh for later. This offensive set makes primarily for is most useful as a late-game cleaner, especially considering that Kitsunoh resists many forms of priority. It is also great for killing Fairies and allows you to not have to use a teamslot on Mollux or Cawmodore. But beware of Rocky Helmet Tomohawk and Skarmory; it would be unwise to even U-turn out against them.

Team Options
========
You will need special attackers to break physical walls. U-turning in into Cyclohm or Stratagem can help you with threats like Talonflame and both Mega Charizard. This set requires very similar support to function as the Choice Scarf set, so keep that in mind while teambuilding. Mega Gardevoir, Aurumoth, Sylveon,(comma) and Stratagem remain effective teammates.

Other Options
########
Focus Sash lets Kitsunoh live an attack from Colossoil, Talonflame, both Mega Charizards, or something Choice Scarfed Choice Scarf threats, but make sure you keep hazards off the field. Assault Vest looks great on paper, but it is not that viable because of Kitsunoh's below-average bulk and poor offense if you invest in bulk. Roar is actually a decent option to force out Clefable if it accumulates too many boosts. Make sure you do not run Roar alongside Defog, as you will clear away any hazards that you set up earlier in the battle, thereby reducing the effectiveness of Kitsunoh's phazing capabilities. An Expert Belt can be used on offensive sets, as it does not lock Kitsunoh into a move like a Choice Band and takes advantage of its plethora of resistances and good coverage despite its iffy bulk. Finally, Taunt can be nice to stallbreak and prevent status moves, but typically Tomohawk and Thundurus do the Taunt shenanigans better.

Checks & Counters
########
**Colossoil**: Thanks to the Steel-type nerf, Kitsunoh no longer takes neutral damage from Dark-type moves and as such loses to Colossoil nearly every time. All it the Colossoil user has to do is to click Sucker Punch, and Kitsunoh is done for the battle.
**Talonflame**: Talonflame makes Kitsunoh literally toast. Kitsunoh is completely unable to stomach take a Flare Blitz, even when it invests in bulk.
**Choice Scarfe Scarf Users**: If Kitsunoh is not holding Choice Scarf itself, then it gets utterly wrecked by the likes of Landorus-T, Victini,(comma) and Volkraken, which all have STAB moves that it is weak to.
**Charizard**: Kitsunoh cannot hit Mega Charizard Y super effectively, while Charizard OHKOes it. Though it can use Earthquake on Mega Charizard X, the move won't OHKO Charizard all the time, and Kitsunoh will lose if Earthquake fails to OHKO.
**Mega Venusaur**: Mega Venusaur, particularly for physically defensive variants, walls Kitsunoh to no end. Fortunately, it can't do anything back either.

Check on request. Mostly sentence structure.

GP 2/2
Done. Thanks again BMB! Looking forward to seeing this uploaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)