Krusty Kielbasi V1.0

Man, I go to the nerdiest college ever! I found out yesterday that we have a decent competitive pokemon community here. The thing is...they don't use shoddy battle : ( So I actually have to MAKE a team for once, gah.
I've made plenty of teams before, but I'm by no means a veteran. So I'm using pretty much standard sets instead of re-inventing the wheel. And I'm focusing on synergy rather than creativity.

Alright, so I'm centering this team around my in-game Red Gyarados.
<-(In case you dont know why this team is named Krusty Kielbasi)

To handle electricity and rock I'm adding rotom and gliscor.

Gliscor's main problem, gyarados, is handled nicely by rotom-A. Rotom's main weakness, Ttar, is somewhat-well-handled by gliscor (as long as he isn't special or mixed).
I'm need something to counter Tttar if he switches on rotom to set up for a sweep.

I'm using metachamp as my ttar counter instead of someone like hariyama because of his flexibility as a team player. He can take a hit or two, prevent a sweep with confusion, and maybe even absorb a hypnosis or spore.

Now at this point my team really seems to be begging for a ttar.
Rotom-A and Gyarados can really take those fighting and ground hits well. Except for Salamence and Infernape, a specially defensive Tyranitar coupled with a physically defensive Rotom-A can counter a large majority of the metagame. But, i think I'll max speed and make him scarf to take out psychics and outspeed pesky infernape and salamence. Gliscor is also a great partner because it can counter lucario and get the sand veil boost.

A great late-game sweeper made even better by tyranitar's ability to snipe out his threats.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
Max speed is to out-speed other gliscors.
Gliscors Synergy:
  1. Can absorb thunderbolts from gyarados and reply with earthquake, has high Defense to take Rock-type attacks, and SR helps Gyarados against Pokémon such as Celebi and Starmie.
  2. SR is essential for lucario to sweep in the late game
  3. #1 counter against lucario-& is a buffer in case rotom is out of the ring

Gyarados @ choice band
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Payback
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
It was hard to decide between choice band and DD, but I'm going with choice band for synergy with rotom-A.
Gyarados' Synergy:
  1. Helps Rotom-A: with intimidate & typing, Gyrados handles pursuit-carrying scizor, by luring latias and hitting hard with payback.
  2. Helps Lucario: since it lures in Rotom-A and Celebi and hits them hard with Payback, OHKOing 4 HP versions of Rotom and hitting Celebi hard as they switch in. Choice Band Waterfall will also rip Gliscor apart.

Rotom-A @ leftovers
64 HP / 232 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
Originally I wanted to make this a scarf Rotom. But I usually run into problems against stall teams, so I decided use this set to handle them. This Rotom set handles scarm-bliss well.(Subsitute against blissey since icebeam can't break it, and use set up with chargebeam; t-bolt vs. skarmory) Apparently I'm very DD Salamence weak, but I'm not entirely too sure if running a scarf will help it.
Rotom's Synergy:
  • Hopefully this set will lure in Tttar, and I can use either machamp to counter, or lucario to set-up.
  • Handles Gyarados' horrid electric weakness.
  • Lucario makes a great offensive partner alongside this set. With a 4x resistance to Dark-type moves, Lucario switches into Tyranitar easily, while Rotom-A avoids Pursuit, thanks to its Substitute.
  • Helps Tyranitar: resistance to fighting & by giving scizor,tyranitar's counter, a hard time

Machamp@leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature w/ No guard
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Machamp's Synergy:
  • Helps Rotom-A with Tyranitar weakness
  • sleep absorber.
  • Rotom-As ability to handle skarm-bliss, helps eliminate skarmory from stoping machamp's fun.

Ttar@ scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature.
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Tyranitar's Synergy:
  • Helps machamp: eliminating pesky psychic & ghosts that are resistant to dynamic punch.
  • Helps Lucario & Gyarados: Eliminating Rotom-A, and latias to give them a better chance of sweeping
  • Scarf absorber

Lucario @ lifeorb
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
Adamant to get an OHKO off bronzong and skarmory. Switched from Ice Punch to get past Gyarados and Zapdos.
Lucario's Synergy:
  • Gyarados eliminates gliscor
  • My Rotom handles gyrados
  • Tyranitar handles psychics
  • Gliscor handles magnezone if it pops in early game.
Now for the Late-game sweep!

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't really undertand that Gyarados set. First of all, the idea of CB Gyarados is to lure and kill ghosts and psychics, and by running life orb your set misses out on the 2HKOs that the choice band grants on Celebi with Payback and Rotom-A with Waterfall. I would suggest simply running choice band, though if you are going to use Life orb, you may as well use Dragon dance over EQ, and attempt to sweep after weakening or taking out your counter.

Tyranitar really needs a choice scarf, but it sounds like from your desciption it's meant to have one anyway.

Ice Punch on Lucario is now pretty much useless. Your set is outrun and OHKOed by pretty much every version of Gliscor and Salamence, and does less to Celebi than Crunch. I see three options - first of all you could have crunch for extra insurance against ghosts and psychics, because TTar may get burnt by Rotom-A, for instance, and will do relatively little to the rare Dusknoir or Cresselia. Secondly, you could try Stone Edge, to get past Gyarados and Zapdos. Finally, Bullet Punch is a surprising but effective option, as it lets you get past Gengar and Scarf Tyranitar. It also gives something of an extra revenge-killing capability.

From a defensive point of view, your team is incredibly weak to DD Salamence, who will OHKO every member of your team after a DD. Even your Lucario may faint to a +1 outrage, and will fail to KO with Extremespeed by some margin. Your current best hope is to switch in Gyarados for the intimidate, and sacrifice him to go to Lucario for the kill. However, this comes at somewhat of a cost, and cannot be done if Lucario is weakened or Gyarados falls. Therefore, you need at the very least a bulky steel who can survive a +1 outrage and KO, or even something that can revenge-kill salamence either by outrunning and KOing, or by surviving an attack.

Take a look at my very similar team in my sig as well. It's not great, but may help to give you some ideas.

Good luck

@ corncake - how does scarf rotom help against DDmence? Scarf Latias might, because it outruns after a DD.

Hi lets get started.

Gliscor-Fine but I hate having Taunt SR and Roost because you only have one move and even then you can only hit the pokemon without levitate. Its just frustrating switching like crazy.

Gyarados-Instead of payback go for DragonDance. If you find EQ is useless replace it for a sub to block status.

Rotom-Switch to scarf because your very DDmence and DDgyarados weak. 4hp/252SpA/252speed. Shadowball/Thunderbolt/The signature move RotomA has/Trick. I know you are weak to stall but I think DDmence and Gyarados is more common. I also recommend Rotom-H to deal with Luke and Scizor.

Machamp-You could switch to Mixape if you have problems with stall but then your going to have something to take the sleep. I think gliscor should be the one taking sleep because its the most useless thing on your team.

Tyranitar-If you want switch this to scarf.

Lucario-Is fine.

I think a threat to this team is Breloom with Leechseed. But Gliscor can handle that ok. Anyway good luck with your team :D

I don't really undertand that Gyarados set. First of all, the idea of CB Gyarados is to lure and kill ghosts and psychics, and by running life orb your set misses out on the 2HKOs that the choice band grants on Celebi with Payback and Rotom-A with Waterfall. I would suggest simply running choice band, though if you are going to use Life orb, you may as well use Dragon dance over EQ, and attempt to sweep after weakening or taking out your counter.

Tyranitar really needs a choice scarf, but it sounds like from your desciption it's meant to have one anyway.

Ice Punch on Lucario is now pretty much useless. Your set is outrun and OHKOed by pretty much every version of Gliscor and Salamence, and does less to Celebi than Crunch. I see three options - first of all you could have crunch for extra insurance against ghosts and psychics, because TTar may get burnt by Rotom-A, for instance, and will do relatively little to the rare Dusknoir or Cresselia. Secondly, you could try Stone Edge, to get past Gyarados and Zapdos. Finally, Bullet Punch is a surprising but effective option, as it lets you get past Gengar and Scarf Tyranitar. It also gives something of an extra revenge-killing capability.

From a defensive point of view, your team is incredibly weak to DD Salamence, who will OHKO every member of your team after a DD. Even your Lucario may faint to a +1 outrage, and will fail to KO with Extremespeed by some margin. Your current best hope is to switch in Gyarados for the intimidate, and sacrifice him to go to Lucario for the kill. However, this comes at somewhat of a cost, and cannot be done if Lucario is weakened or Gyarados falls. Therefore, you need at the very least a bulky steel who can survive a +1 outrage and KO, or even something that can revenge-kill salamence either by outrunning and KOing, or by surviving an attack.

Take a look at my very similar team in my sig as well. It's not great, but may help to give you some ideas.

Good luck

@ corncake - how does scarf rotom help against DDmence? Scarf Latias might, because it outruns after a DD.
It somewhat helps if you trick on the DD.
Even switch trick for HP ice if nessary.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
It somewhat helps if you trick on the DD.
Even switch trick for HP ice if nessary.
Yes, so if you happen to double switch into a Salamence, it can't set up. Will-o-wisp on a non-scarf version would be more effective. Scarf Rotom will merely give Mence more opportunities to set up, such as being locked into Overheat/other signature move, and will not help at all after it has set up.

Hey what's up Blue cheez.

On Gyarados you might want to switch it to Choice band to 2HKO Celebi, and many other things weak to it, since there's no reason for you to have Life orb you don't even have dragon dance, you're not going to be able to sweep with a Adamant nature Gyarados with no Dragon dance. Your current team is weak to Common Dragon dancers namely Salamence and Dragonite, if they get one Dragon dance they have the potential to sweep your whole entire team. You might want to change your Rotom into Scarf Latias to ease your dragon problems, the other thing is that Latias fits your synergy very well from your point of view, asks for all you wanted so why not? Here's the moveset and EVs you might want to look at.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: Hp 4 / 252 SpAtt / 252 Spd
Moveset: Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt, Surf, Trick

On Tyranitar, I don't really know what it acomplishes with Leftovers, but that current Tar you have looks exactly Like a Scarftar with Leftovers, I recommend you change Leftovers into Choice Scarf reason being you could outspeed Gengar, Latias, Starmie, Rotom etc and just kill them easily, and you won't lose anything out of it. The other thing that might be small is that you might want to change Super power into Earthquake reason being you have 2 things on your team with fighting moves and Earthquake can be a great resort since you could Take out Metagross and Jirachi rather then if you don't have Earthquake you wouldn't be able to do anything against it so, definitly try it.

Good luck in the future and hoped my rate helped.

On Gyarados, Ice Fang might be a good option in place of Payback. I have to admit...your Gyarados confuses me, though I suppose getting Tricked would suck for him if he uses DD. You could also use Taunt on him if you desire.

For Rotom, I would personally use Rotom - H with Overheat. It helps kill off other Steels.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for the criticism. Unfortunately though, most of your advice is a result of a stupid mistake on my part. My Ttar and Gyarados both, of course, have scarf and band respectively.

It seems like the general consensus is that I need to handle dragon dancers, particularly salamence. So as much as I freaking love my fridge, it seems like I'm going to end up switching it out for the pink legendary bird. I'll sacrifice looks to win any day.

But are you sure rotom is the right pokemon to switch out? It seems like machamp is doing the least for my team. Lucario can already be used to counter ttar, right?

So any other advice or thoughts?

Thank you very much for the criticism. Unfortunately though, most of your advice is a result of a stupid mistake on my part. My Ttar and Gyarados both, of course, have scarf and band respectively.

It seems like the general consensus is that I need to handle dragon dancers, particularly salamence. So as much as I freaking love my fridge, it seems like I'm going to end up switching it out for the pink legendary bird. I'll sacrifice looks to win any day.

But are you sure rotom is the right pokemon to switch out? It seems like machamp is doing the least for my team. Lucario can already be used to counter ttar, right?

So any other advice or thoughts?
Don't worry we all make mistakes sometimes. If you really do want to keep Rotom keep it, and just replace Machamp with Latias But what's the reason you're going to replace it you don't explain. But if you really want to you might want to try Rotom Appliance Sleep talker and it'll still work perfectly fine, you still have a decent amount of Physical attacks But if you want to try Resttalking Rotom here's the EV spread you might want to check out

Rotom @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 Hp / 232 Def / 28 Spd
Moveset: Will-O-Wisp, Thunderbolt, Rest, Sleeptalk

The EVs are to take Gyarados attacks way better, Waterfall won't be able to do anything just try it.

Lucario isn't a Tyranitar counter, it can't take an Earthquake or Superpower. A counter is something that can switch in and take a hit. But your team takes good care of Tyranitar, due to your ScarfTar that could revenge kill it.

Don't worry we all make mistakes sometimes. If you really do want to keep Rotom keep it, and just replace Machamp with Latias But what's the reason you're going to replace it you don't explain.
Well, when I decided on Rotom, Gyarados, and gliscor, I thought I was ttar weak, and that rotom would have a lot of trouble. Now that I actually think about it, I guess if they counter with a pursuit ttar my rotom is toast anyway, so I might as well just go for a revenge kill from my own scarf ttar.
To be honest, machamp I slapped on there mainly just to counter ttar, so now it seems like he's the least useful for the team's synergy right now.

But I will definitely take rotom off if you think having Machamp and Latias is better than having Rotom and Latias.

So I have been battling with this team for about a week now. I'm winning a much higher frequency of battles than I normally do, but I still feel like this is far from a perfect team.

Swampert- Scizor and Jirachi cause a lot of problems for me.

Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)