Gen 5 Kyu-B I Love You - BW OU Weatherless Offense

KYU-B I LOVE YOU

(But you're bringing me down)

Hi! I've been semi-active on the BW OU ladder for like 3 years, but never been too serious about it. I recently built this team and I thought it had some unique and cool cahracteristics so wanted to share my process of building and reasoning behind the team!

The idea of the team is all centered around Kyu-b breakng or sweeping. Kyu-B needs some set up like weather clearance against sand and maybe some wisp or paras spread by the pixies and hazard clearance by starmie, but overall it is awesome and really fun:)

Cloudbusting (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 52 HP / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This is an awesome set and the reason why I wanted to built this team. It has an excellent matchup against rain in general and a lot of common sand-cores (Think, Skarm Ttar Jellicent Gliscor). Evs are for outspeeding max speed lando-t and hp is for 101 subs, the rest is just spatk. As an option into rain kyu-b Really helps against gyro-less ferros and slower thund-ys. Love to Kate Bush!

Xiu Xiu (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is a nice offensive option because it is really fast and it brings the spin that this team really needs just basic max spd and spatk. I have used trick flame orb but this set is overall more consistent. Starmie really shines in the HO matchup which i would say is the weakest matchup for this team.

Kafka Tamura (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled

This Mew is the main physdef pivot of the team. On the Evs: spd is for outrunning adamant exca and bulky lando-t and also helps against offensive scizor. U could run more def evs but the speed really makes it a more dynamic and less static pokemon. Mew serves also as a kind of lure, luring in Ttars and then wisping them, setting up heatran for sand clearance and the eventual terror of Kyu-B. Named after the main character of Kafka On the Shore:)

Concorde I Miss U (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

One half of the spdef core, jirachi is awesome at passing wish and walling annoying mons like zam torn and reuniclus. Wish passing is nice for more stally matchups to keep starmie heatran and Kyu-B healthy. Speed is to outrun adamant mamo as it can be a troublesome matchup, the rest is bulk.

Concorde by Black Country, New Road is amazing!

Simulation Swarm (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day
- Lava Plume
- Protect

This tran set is amazing. Sunny day is such a lifesaver against rain and as said before clears sand for Kyu-Ba. Speed is to outrun Max speed politoed and adamant mamo, the rest is once again bulk. Tran helps againt all special attackers and in sun walls latios. It can often 1v1 tentas and swtiches into ferro, absolutely ruining rain.

Joe Johnson (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Chomp is really an emergency button here, it helps against the physical attackers that this team most struggles with like terrak and exca. Also extra insurance against zam and HO (Fucking volc) is very nice. I also ran a version of the team with Latios in this slot, but i do think chomp is the superior option. Iso Goat.

Pokepaste of team:
https://pokepast.es/10cbd02223ce07aa

Once again this is my first RMT so it might not be super in depth or complete. Thanks for reading!

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
hi i always glad to see new post and idea in bw,with this team i would like to say there’s no
ground immunity so u can just give starmine or heatran a airballon which can let u feel not that struggling when facing scarf lando and garchomo and so on. Also there’s combo that spikers with jiIicent so if u only got starmine to remove entry hazards that is not enough and can make u feel very uncomfortabl,u don’t need mew to hit tyran and heatran so just change earthpower to taunt. mew’s nature speed is ok to be a bulk nichy taunter. Now let us talk about my personally idea for this team, I would like to give mew a trick with choice specs or flame orb so this can fk its common checks such as tyran and heatran. U know mew sets can be very multi, this can help you make a progress in the whole game. And give jirachi scarf instead leftovers, give garchomp yache berry instead scarf, which let ur garchomp more flexible and give jirachi the ability to save game or use healing wish to save ur teammate, wish is good but kyurem can’t go to the court freely so use u-turn piovt kyurm out can be very useful. Good luck and keep doing pep!

joe mothefucking johnson

great team would not make any of those changes. maybe balloon on starmie but the timer could be annoying in sand. ye probably just balloon starmie

mebbe uturn over epower on mew

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)