SM OU KyuB/Magearna Hyper-Offensive CORE Team (Need Ratings!)

How's the team?

• Perfect. (Or almost perfect)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Solid, but could use some improvement

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Terrible (Try Again)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Bad, but can be fixed

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • This team is goooooooooooood

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Team at a Glance

Kyurem-Black

Budget Kyu-W (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Description: Ice Beam is for some good STAB, and can do pretty good damage to a lot of Pokemon. Provides nice coverage for a variety of Pokemon. Earth Power is for coverage on things like Rotom-W. Fusion Bolt is good for coverage. Outrage is a Nuke on the other team in general. Life Orb makes this beast hit harder. Kyurem-B is a little bit fat, and very strong with lots of coverage. It is 1/2 of my core

Magearna

Cheap Mawile-M (Magearna) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Description: Magearna is the second 1/2 of my Dragon/Fairy/Steel core. Choice Specs are used to maximize its power. I wanted to make it a bit tanky with the 252 HP and 4 Spd. Fleur Cannon can 1HKO-2HKO almost everything that doesn't resist it. I put aura sphere for the Fleur Cannon Steel-Resists, and Volt Switch so this mon can also become a pivot. Flash Cannon for the STAB, and coverage. This mon can dominate with Soul-Heart.

Volcanion

My Mixtape (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Description: I gave him leftovers because I didn't really feel a need for another Choice or Boosted Pokemon. It also had some nice recovery. I wanted some coverage, and a good water resist, so I thought. Why don't I just get a water immunity that is a Special Attack Powerhouse. SE for the burn chance, STAB, and power. Flamethrower over Fire Blast for the accuracy and burn. Sludge Bomb for the Fairy Coverage. HP Grass for the Waters who think they can check Volc.

Mega-Sableye

Quality Content (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Protect

Description: I honestly didn't have much to say about the other mons, but I have mountains to say about this beautiful piece of magic. I didn't want a Cleric, or to have to deal with status, and I wanted to save a few turns on setting up, so I picked up Mega-Sab. Recover provides reliable recovery so this never dies. Will-O-Wisp goes great with first turn prankster allowing Mega-Sableye to get in a burn on a Pokemon before they attack. Its fun to see how people react when I predict their status or hazards and switch in(usually results in a ragequit or complaining in battlechat). Foul Play is to do good damage to high-attack mons or set-up-sweepers. Protect is to just see what move they are planning to use on you and maybe allow the burn to take away a little more HP from them. Overall, I really like the tanky Sableye, which I can switch in on a lot of offensive threats. Got a fighting-type? I got a sableye.

Kartana

Paper Mache..te (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Description: Just a clean-up setup offensive sweeper. LO for attack boost. SD for attack boost. LB,SS,and SmartStrike for STAB and coverage. Pretty fast offensive menace.

Dugtrio

Budget Gothitelle (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch

Description: Ever had a mon set up on you, and aren't able to kill it? Fear no more, Dugtrio is here. Dugtrio shines in this meta as an anti-fast sweeper, and just plain out electric counter. EQ for STAB and to take out the trapped Electric mons, fire mons and ground mons or just trapped mons in general. Sucker Punch to finish off a Pokemon or if it has priority. AA for Pheromosa and Grasses. SE for coverage and bugs

Team Overview
Budget Kyu-W (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Cheap Mawile-M (Magearna) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

My Mixtape (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Quality Content (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Protect

Paper Mache..te (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Budget Gothitelle (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch

Ur team look solid but what i see is two stall mon (one isn't always stall tho) and some offense. one if ur gonna run offense here m sab doesnt fit here since he generally better in stall. two old gen mon mostly still run there sets in smogdex. and three dont run lefties on volcanion

Ur team look solid but what i see is two stall mon (one isn't always stall tho) and some offense. one if ur gonna run offense here m sab doesnt fit here since he generally better in stall. two old gen mon mostly still run there sets in smogdex. and three dont run lefties on volcanion
Well, I use Mega Sab as an Anti-Hazard, because I don't want to run defog, and my team is a bit weak to hazards. I don't use him much as a stall. Secondly, what should I run on Volcanion. Im loving the feedback though

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man cool team, havent see much kyurem-B on ladder so I was intrigue to rate this.
First thing ive notice is you dont have any ground resist, and nothing to sponge hits really. Also i really dont like mega sable on a HO build, as you only reason to use it is "Because block hazards and dont wanna run defog". Another thing that's really important on HO are Hazards and you dont have a mon to setup SR. And last you dont have a fast Pokemon that can act as revenge killer or late game cleaner. I think that are the biggest issues with your current team.
Id give you some suggestion that might help your team:
  • First is make Magearna AV>Specs, with this you gain a solid sponge in the special side + the ability of freely switch moves and gain offensive momentum for your breaker aka Kyurem-B.
  • Next is replacing LandoT>Sableye, with this you now have a volt turn core paired with magearna while also a solid defensive backbone, Lando provide SR support to the team as well.
  • Make Kartana Steelium Z over Life orb, with this change after +2 you HKO your initial checks like Mega venu and Zapdos after rocks.
  • And last dont think Dugtrio fit well on this team, as Koko which is the main electric type runs U-turn 9/10 times, as well Pheromosa. So Scarf Excadrill > Dugtrio is a nice way to pressure electric types and pheromosa, while also provide spin support.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 8 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power Fire [It helps against Scizor]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
Hope i help you and gl :toast:

Reactions: Sun
Well, I use Mega Sab as an Anti-Hazard, because I don't want to run defog, and my team is a bit weak to hazards. I don't use him much as a stall. Secondly, what should I run on Volcanion. Im loving the feedback though
Sab can be a good Anti-Hazard mon but what will happen when he dies what are u gonna do with hazards then keep them overall the team is decent sab doesnt fit hit here the best

Hey man cool team, havent see much kyurem-B on ladder so I was intrigue to rate this.
First thing ive notice is you dont have any ground resist, and nothing to sponge hits really. Also i really dont like mega sable on a HO build, as you only reason to use it is "Because block hazards and dont wanna run defog". Another thing that's really important on HO are Hazards and you dont have a mon to setup SR. And last you dont have a fast Pokemon that can act as revenge killer or late game cleaner. I think that are the biggest issues with your current team.
Id give you some suggestion that might help your team:
  • First is make Magearna AV>Specs, with this you gain a solid sponge in the special side + the ability of freely switch moves and gain offensive momentum for your breaker aka Kyurem-B.
  • Next is replacing LandoT>Sableye, with this you now have a volt turn core paired with magearna while also a solid defensive backbone, Lando provide SR support to the team as well.
  • Make Kartana Steelium Z over Life orb, with this change after +2 you HKO your initial checks like Mega venu and Zapdos after rocks.
  • And last dont think Dugtrio fit well on this team, as Koko which is the main electric type runs U-turn 9/10 times, as well Pheromosa. So Scarf Excadrill > Dugtrio is a nice way to pressure electric types and pheromosa, while also provide spin support.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 8 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power Fire [It helps against Scizor]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
Hope i help you and gl :toast:
Thank you very much. I tried out your suggestions and now stand at about the 1416 mark from 1130

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)