ORAS NU Ladder Friends(Peaked #13 on suspect)

Ladder Friends

Hello friends, I created this team to play in the suspect ladder of Magneton and then get reqz to vote. At first I decided to create a team around the suspect's own Pokémon, or Magneton. Since I decided to put from teammates to help him better do your job and get good results. As I said, I used this team to get reqz, so when I finally got them I stopped playing. When I stopped were 13 in the ladder.

Here is the proof:

Team Build Process

Magneton was chosen as a base for the team, is a Pokémon really good, that besides beating hard also provides momentum and that the set in question also allows me revenge fast mons.

With magneton in the team i need a pokemon that checks magneton´counters. i choose lilligant as second member since she is a great and powerfull pokemon, that in some games is a great win condiction.

In my 3rd slot I chose the Sneasel due to its good synergy with lilligant , not only removing the game xatu and cryogonal but also removes the ground type for easier magneton´sweept. Moreover it acts as a true revenge killer.

Carracosta was my 4th choice for Normal spam check , fletchinder and Sneasel . It also has access to entry hazard ( SR ) which facilitated my choice.

Lanturn is check of Magneton , fire and even electric immune as the team has two pokes that are weak to it. Also Lanturn is a Cleric , making it a good support

Xatu occupies the last slot and this is my answer to malamar and fightings type, and also the hazard-control team which makes him one of the most indispensable members

With the banishment of Magneton i needed someone to replace him, Scarf Rotom could fit like a glove for that. He made it into the team and do almost the same function Magneton, of course with less offensive power but on the other hand with more speed.

The Team

Marvel Captain (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
Rotom came on for Magneton (rip mag) as the user Choice Scarf and revenge killer team. As Magneton, Rotom checks Flying, Water types and acts as pivot providing momentum for the team also brought everything he still brings a second immunity to ground types and immunity to fighting moves and more resistance for Electrical allowing me not to overload Xatu and Lanturn for these roles.

Petal lady (Lilligant) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance

Grass coverage is required for ground types and Lanturn, things that checks Rotom and Lilligant occupies this function. The same has still blows as Quiver Dance allowing you to increase your status and initiate a sweepe when their counters have properly been weakened in many games was my win condiction or simply opened holes in the opposing team to Rotom or Sneasel could finish.

Dark Inu (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Sneasel has a great offensive synergy with Rotom and Lilligant, it removes ground types to Rotom, as Torterra and Rhydon and Flying types for Lilligant mainly Xatu which is one of the main checks of Pokémon grass. It also removes the dangerous types Ghost field as Rotom and Haunter through Pursuit and is to check Psychic types. Choice Band Sneasel is insane, can also act as killer revenge,beating hard in treaths as Tauros, Lilligant and Archeops.

Sea War (Carracosta) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Carracosta enters the team as one of the most important members, because while regular spam checks, flying types, and Sneasel. In addition to have access to hazard through Stealth Rock and the priority move with Aqua Jet. Carracosta is really what we call bulky, it can handle multiple hits of strong things and still survive to a Close Combat Zangoose when full hp and returning with powerful stab Stone Edge, and scald further help in the mission to counter physical attackers when the same are burned.

Aquaman (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Scald

Lanturn is one of the best pivots of tier, slow Volt Switch allows me to get free switchs to my attackers, thus maintaining the offensive pressure thus also forming a core volt switch with Rotom. Lanturn is another essential member that stop Volturn cores and Fire Types and still supports me with Toxic allowing go slowly damaging the walls and facilitate a sweep later and still acts as Clerick through Heal Bell that allows me to heal that burned Sneasel or Lilligant paralyzed.

Aztec (Xatu) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Signal Beam

Xatu is my second Pokémon immune to ground and fighting resist. also the psychic bird acts as a check of malamar, opponents Lilligant and as hazard control of the team which is very important to keep healthy my Pokémon, especially Sneasel that suffers from Stealth Rock and Xatu own as well. And with the set of Calm Mind it becomes my check against Crodino and once wincondiction for the team.

Treath List:

Scarf Sawk can give outspeed around the team, gives Ohko or 2 hit KO in all my Pokémon, Xatu get revenge if full hp except against changes with Sturdy. Band Sawk team also cause problems, but it is easier to handle since Xatu the outspeed.

My team comes not sure about it, a wrong predict and rip me. Furthermore only two of my Pokémon outspeed him.

Shoutouts to Mr. Mendes For helping me build this RMT and Ren-chon for helping me at the end of it.

And also Eternal Spirit Century Express Brazilian Army that are some cool brazilian friends.

Some people that i like of NU community: Sir Kay 9 Adaire allstar124 Winter's Howl Shaneghoul NV Luck O' the Irish SilverReaper21

Here the Import:

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Marvel Captain (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Signal Beam

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Scald

Last edited:
Hey Brick Small.

Nice team you have here. I really like how cookie cutter this build really is, not to mention its extremely solid to say the least. Anyway, as I'm sure you know Magneton got banned today, so as a result I will take out magneton and put more of an emphasis on a future gallade meta, since packing your sawk, malamar, gallade, and hazards check all in one Mon (xatu) is extremely risky, puts loads of pressure on it and you to predict flawlessly.

Magneton as you said, is your revenge killer, so by nature Choice Scarf Rotom > Magneton. Will be your easiest change. Rotom has the added benefit of that ghost typing, allowing you to easier check both evire and sawk which are listed as threats to this team. Rotom also gives you an added normal resist, just like Magneton did and although it doesnt quite have the same power as magnets, it more than makes up for it with its excellent speed tier and awesome typing. It also checks gallade, so overall, less stress on xatu to do its work as well as adding key resistances which means threats on the other team are somewhat mitigated. It also performs the same role as pivot / revenge killer that may did, which is cool.

Next change would be to Change Xatu from Defensive 3 Attacks < Calm Mind Varient with 2 Attacks. With Magneton leaving, we also lost your best way to deal with Crodino. So, in order to kinda stop this weakness a cm Psyshock psychic type is needed to beat it one on one. By having calm mind, you also get another win-con, but you cannot afford to play it too aggressively imo.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
EV spread is changable, since 56 Spe is my standard investment. You can run up to 176 timid for Sawk

Cool team, good luck in the future and i hope I helped n_n
yours in mons,
~HJAD

Thanks for the comments n_n friends. Well, Vileplume is not a solid answer to Sawk and Electivire because both can carry coverage to hit Plume. And, yeah HJAD, Scarf Rotom is a great place to Magneton, so I'll have another response against fightings, another resistance Electrics and more an immunity to Ground Types. This exchange also allows me to keep the original idea of an Electric Pokémon fast as revenge killer and thus also will change the moveset of Xatu. I will edit the topic later with the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)