SS Ubers Lando

Now that I lost in Summer Seasonal, I don't really have to play Gen 8 Ubers anymore due to lack of tours and I want to prepare for Penthalon. This is a team I prepared for stronger players in upcoming rounds but now that I lost, I don't have anything to do with this team.

:landorus-therian:

Landorus seems pretty popular right now and I want to build a team around it. A check to Groudon and Marshadow could help in the long term.

:landorus-therian: :necrozma-dusk-mane:

I needed a partner that appreciates Landorus's strengths and weaknesses and Necrozma is perfect for that. Necrozma appreciates that Landorus is running Stealth Rocks making Necrozma run a more offensive set. Necrozma also checks Xerneas, Eternatus and Calyrex-Ice for Landorus and Lando checks most of Necrozma's defensive answers.

:landorus-therian: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus:

Scarf Kyogre is a big threat to my team so why not Eternatus? Eternatus is one of the best pokemon in the tier at the moment with Toxic, high HP stat and really great speed tier.

:landorus-therian: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus::yveltal:

I needed a check to Calyrex-Shadow and a defogger. Yveltal is just really good as a Calyrex check and a pivot.

:landorus-therian: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus::yveltal::zarude-dada:

I still don't have a check to Zygarde. I already had lots of Xerneas teams so I wanted to spice it up a bit with Zarude. Zarude soft checks Kyogre, Necrozma Dusk Mane and Groudon.

:landorus-therian: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus::yveltal::zarude-dada::marshadow:

The team is really passive with the lack of quick wallbreaking. Marshadow is excellent at this by forcing switches and revenge killing offensive mons.

The Team
:ss/landorus-therian:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian is a cool Stealth Rock setter that checks Marshadow without Ice Punch, Groudon and Zekrom. Toxic helps against Buzzwole, Zygarde and Xerneas forcing them to Rest or recover. Intimidate helps with physical threats and Physical setup sweepers. U-turn helps helps give slow pivoting and also helps Marshadow switch in easier. Landorus-Therian can check Necrozma-Dusk Mane no matter the variant.

:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Stone Edge/Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Landorus allows my own Necrozma to run a more offensive set. Impish helps against Calyrex-I and helps set up Dragon Dances on defensive physical attacking walls like Landorus-Therian and Defensive Zygarde; it can also help absorb knock off from defensive yveltal. Stone Edge helps against Ho-oh and Yveltal. Dragon Dance helps with the lack of speed control on the team while being a setup sweeper. Earthquake could help if opposing Necrozma Dusk mane and Eternatus are a problem for you.

:ss/eternatus:
Eternatus @ Haban Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dynamax Cannon
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Eternatus does its thing as a really great wall and a great Kyogre check. Haban Berry helps against opposing Eternatus chipping them back with my own Dynamax Cannnon allowing your Marshadow to just attack. It's great bulk combined with Toxic makes it an excellent Toxic spreader being able to take almost any hit and cripple them back with Toxic. Pressure could possibly be nasty PP stalling Necrozma setting Stealth Rock and Yveltal using Defog giving you an upper hand in the hazard wars.
:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Defog

Scarf Yveltal helps the entire with the speed problem and has the potential to clean late game. Foul Play revenge kills strong attackers such as Marshadow, Dragon Dance Necrozma Dusk Mane, Zekrom, Groudon, Rayquaza and Calyrex-Shadow. Choice Scarf helps against Webs Hyper Offense completely ignoring the speed drop and outspeeding them back and defogging. Oblivion Wing could possibly lure Buzzwole and Zarude and its main source of recovery. U-turn helps with pivoting without taking damage itself.

:ss/zarude:

Zarude-Dada @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Jungle Healing

Zarude checks ground types like Groudon and Zygarde. I chose Zarude over Xerneas as a Zygarde answer because of its ability to setups bulk ups on Necrozma Dusk-Mane and forces it out. It soft checks a majority of the top threats like Yveltal, Calyrex Shadow and Kyogre. Jungle Healing can able to absorb status which is a really big thing for this team.

:ss/marshadow:

Marshadow @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Poison Jab/Ice Punch

Marshadow is one of the best pokemon in the current metagame. A choice band set over life orb mainly helps to deal more damage early on and give Marshadow to switch in more easily because of the lack of Life Orb damage. Life Orb is an alternative option if you like switching moves. Poison Jab hits Xerneas and Clefable giving Marshadow more room to spam Poltergeist. Ice Punch is an alternate option to hit Ground types and Yveltal.

Threatlist

:groudon:
Fire Move Groudon
Even though I have 3 checks to it, they all get destroyed by Overheat or Lava Plume.

:yveltal:
Specially Oriented Yveltal

It can threaten most of the team with strong dark pulses and kills Zarude with Oblivion Wing. My Yveltal is scarfed so they have the upper hand when spamming oblivion wings.

:darmanitan-galar:

Hard to know what it clicks

:heatran:

Only Marshadow and Landorus can hit it and they both have a hard time switching in to its Lava Plumes.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2a6ea04cf748c957

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)