OU Landorus-T

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Smack Down

Offensive Landorus-T is a force of nature in OU! Swords Dance uses Landorus-T's great Attack stat, solid coverage, and STAB Earthquake to make it a threatening wallbreaker. Substitute takes advantage of common defensive Pokemon like Landorus-T, Corviknight, and Ferrothorn lacking Power Whip, putting it in a great position to boost and begin wallbreaking. This easily exploits defensive Landorus-T looking to trade Toxic. Stone Edge lets it hit Ground-immune Pokemon, like Tornadus-T, Galarian Moltres, and Zapdos. Smack Down can be used over Stone Edge to ground Pokemon like Corviknight and Rotom-W, which can sponge Stone Edge but fall to Earthquake once grounded. However, it does come with a significant power decrease and inconsistency against Flying-type cores. Teammates like Hawlucha, Kartana, and Dragonite can easily clean up teams weakened by Landorus-T. Pivots like Tornadus-T and Slowbro, which can bring Landorus-T in against Pokemon it can set up on like Tapu Koko, are greatly appreciated teammates.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
ausma told me that the lando set i was given was shit when i asked her so im writing standard sd instead (approved by her + ouqc team)

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Offensive Landorus-T is a force to be reckoned with in OU! just me but "force of nature in OU" has some fun flavorful energy Swords Dance lets Landorus take advantage of its great Attack stat, solid coverage, and STAB-boosted Earthquake to be a threatening sweeper. it's not really much of a sweeper since a lot of what you're using it for is early game breaking through taking advantage of the common lando-t handshake, your good defensive profile against things like corvi/ferro, etc. can sweep under the right conditions but you're more wanting to emphasize breaking Furthermore, Substitute takes advantage of the common interaction of defensive Landorus trading Toxics, as being able to Substitute up on a Toxic, other interactions like ferrothorn and corviknight and consequently giving it a free Swords Dance boost and putting it in a great position to begin wallbreaking. Its amazing EdgeQuake coverage lets it hit the entire tier, with Earthquake being able to naturally pressure fantastic for Tapu Fini, Ferrothorn, and Kartana. Stone Edge lets it hit Ground-immune Pokemon, like Tornadus-T, Galarian Moltres, and Dragonite. Zapdos is a much stronger example here Smack Down can be used over Stone Edge to ground levitating Pokemon like Zapdos, Corviknight, (RC) and Rotom-W that can sponge Stone Edge and allow them to be hit by Earthquake, but does come with a significant power decrease. also takes more turns before lando is able to exert direct pressure and rip if you're against teams with >1 airborne mon. Teammates like Hawlucha, Kartana, and Dragonite can easily clean up teams weakened by Landorus. Maybe anything that can get it in?

931 charas
lmk when implemented

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
ausma told me that the lando set i was given was shit when i asked her so im writing standard sd instead (approved by her + ouqc team)

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Offensive Landorus-T is a force of nature in OU! Swords Dance lets Landorus take advantage of its great Attack stat, solid coverage, and STAB-boosted Earthquake to be a threatening wallbreaker. Substitute takes advantage of the common interaction of defensive Landorus trading Toxics, also being able to Substitute up against on a Toxic or on the likes of Corviknight or Ferrothorn lacking Power Whip, and consequently giving it a free Swords Dance boost and putting it in a great position to boost and begin wallbreaking. Its amazing EdgeQuake coverage lets it hit the entire tier, with Earthquake being able to naturally pressure Tapu Fini, Ferrothorn, and Kartana. In retrospect this is just added fluff, I think spending the extra characters on some teammates would be more ideal Stone Edge lets it hit Ground-immune Pokemon, like Tornadus-T, Galarian Moltres, and Zapdos. Smack Down can be used over Stone Edge to ground levitating Pokemon like Corviknight and Rotom-W that can sponge Stone Edge and allow them to be hit by Earthquake, but does come with a significant power decrease and inconsistency against Flying-type cores. Teammates like Hawlucha, Kartana, and Dragonite can easily clean up teams weakened by Landorus-T. Maybe examples of Pokemon that Landorus-T chips naturally? And then with the extra characters, you can have a sentence dedicated to pivots like Tornadus-T

1026 charas
should be 1/1 but let me see the pivot sentence before you send it to gp

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Offensive Landorus-T is a force of nature in OU! Swords Dance lets Landorus take advantage of its uses Landorus-T's great Attack stat, solid coverage, and STAB-boosted Earthquake to be make it a threatening wallbreaker. Substitute takes advantage of the common interaction of defensive Landorus trading Toxics, as being able to Substitute against the likes of Corviknight or common defensive Pokemon like Landorus-T, Corviknight, and (I imagine this still works) Ferrothorn lacking Power Whip, putting it in a great position to boost and begin wallbreaking. This easily exploits defensive Landorus-T looking to trade Toxic. Stone Edge lets it hit Ground-immune Pokemon, like Tornadus-T, Galarian Moltres, and Zapdos. Smack Down can be used over Stone Edge to ground levitating Pokemon like Corviknight and Rotom-W that can sponge Stone Edge and allow them to be hit by Earthquake, but Rotom-W, which can sponge Stone Edge but fall to Earthquake once grounded. However, it does come with a significant power decrease and inconsistency against Flying-type cores. Teammates like Hawlucha, Kartana, and Dragonite can easily clean up teams weakened by Landorus-T. Pivots like Tornadus-T and Slowbro, which can bring Landorus-T onto the field in against Pokemon that it can set up against on like Tapu Koko, are greatly appreciated teammates.

finland-GP.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)