Pokémon Landorus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Landorus

Abilities: Sand Force / Sheer Force

Base Stats: 89 HP / 125 Atk / 90 Def / 115 SpA / 80 SpD / 101 Spe
Level Up Moves:
[00] Sand Tomb
[00] Rock Throw
[05] Leer
[10] Block
[15] Bulldoze
[20] Rock Tomb
[25] Swords Dance
[30] Imprison
[35] Rock Slide
[40] Earth Power
[45] Extrasensory
[50] Stone Edge
[55] Hammer Arm
[60] Sandstorm
[65] Earthquake
[70] Outrage
[75] Fissure

TMs:
[TM06] Fly
[TM08] Hyper Beam
[TM09] Giga Impact
[TM15] Dig
[TM20] Self-Destruct
[TM21] Rest
[TM22] Rock Slide
[TM24] Snore
[TM25] Protect
[TM26] Scary Face
[TM31] Attract
[TM32] Sandstorm
[TM39] Facade
[TM43] Brick Break
[TM44] Imprison
[TM46] Weather Ball
[TM48] Rock Tomb
[TM49] Sand Tomb
[TM53] Mud Shot
[TM56] U-turn
[TM57] Payback
[TM59] Fling
[TM76] Round
[TM81] Bulldoze
[TM97] Brutal Swing

TRs:
[TR00] Swords Dance
[TR01] Body Slam
[TR10] Earthquake
[TR11] Psychic
[TR20] Substitute
[TR22] Sludge Bomb
[TR24] Outrage
[TR26] Endure
[TR27] Sleep Talk
[TR31] Iron Tail
[TR39] Superpower
[TR48] Bulk Up
[TR49] Calm Mind
[TR64] Focus Blast
[TR67] Earth Power
[TR75] Stone Edge
[TR76] Stealth Rock
[TR77] Grass Knot
[TR78] Sludge Wave

Transfer Only Moves:
Defog
Knock Off
Explosion
Smack Down
Toxic
Confide
Double Team
Role Play
Swagger
Strength

[Notable Moves]
Earth Power
Knock Off
Defog
Sludge Wave
Sludge Bomb
U-turn
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Focus Blast
Rock Polish
Calm Mind
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Psychic
Gravity

[Pros]
  • It's pretty different from wallbreakers since it doesn't have the flaws that other wallbreakers have, most of them are easily worn down, not fast enough or don't hit hard enough. Landorus-I on the other hand doesn't have any of these flaws to the same extent, because it has a great speed tier, its near unwallable, immune to Spikes and Sandstorm and doesn't take Life Orb recoil because of Sheer Force.
  • Unbelievable coverage, you can put whatever you want on it since Earth Power is already enough to make you hella strong and thats really all you need, then you have Sludge Wave, Gravity, Calm Mind, Rock Polish, Rock Slide, Knock Off, U-turn, Focus Blast and even more that I did not list, making it incredibly versatile, adaptable and very hard to account for.
  • Did I forget to mention how hard this thing hits? Earth Power pretty just 2HKOs every neutral target if you exclude Blissey out of the picture, but then that cannot take a Focus Blast well at all, its shit ton of coverage options makes the list of switch ins incredibly limited, if there were any good ones to begin with because of that huge movepool and stupid power
  • landorus-I is broken do i need to say anymore?
[Cons]

• Somewhat frail, even though its not too frail its bulk isn't that amazing and it can easily get overpowered by many things in the metagame.
  • While its Speed tier is great, it is still outsped and forced out by things like Pheromosa and Choice Scarf Genesect.
[Potential Movesets]

Big Lando

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave / Focus Blast
- Rock Slide / U-turn / Calm Mind / Knock Off
- Gravity / Stealth Rock / Rock Polish / Substitute

The ultimate wallbreaker. Landorus-I is a super difficult Pokemon to deal with and this set is exactly why. Just with 1 set it pretty much skyrockets to being one of the most potent offensive threats in the entire metagame due to its versatility and adaptability, this set has never really fallen off from effectiveness and it is due to the amount of coverage moves it can viable run. Earth Power is really the only required move on Landorus-I, and arguably Sludge Wave as well, other than those you can really do whatever you want with it. Corviknight is safe until you Focus Blast or U-turn out of it, offensive teams are safe until it goes for Rock Polish and sweeps late-game, defensively oriented teams are safe until it goes for Calm Mind and takes something out, or you can just prevent the prediction factor altogether with Substitute. It has a ton of different options at its disposal that will always keep your opponent on their toes.

Last edited:
Some potential movesets are the Choice Band and the Choice Specs one because the access to U-turn makes all the difference.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Band
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Landorus (M) @ Choice Specs
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- U-turn
- Earth Power

The same logic can be applied to the Scarf set, thanks to the depth of Landorus' movepool and 101 base Spe tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)