Largening the Signature Space Size (Forum)

Do you think that the Signature Size should be enlargened?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

Now, I'm quite an experienced Photoshop user, but when I first joined this forum knowing that I can make some signatures for people, I was like "Cool!" - But then I realised that the normal size (400x150) does not even fit within the Signature!?

I'm not asking for unlimited size for signatures for things like youtube videos or something, but maybe something like my Signature size (150 px) and maybe around 3 lines or something. It's just that I would love to create signatures here on the forum, but I can't, or they are very short where they lose a majority of the style and effort gone into it.

Thanks in Advance.

~ Fluze.

PS: I made my own Signature. Open in a New Tab if you want to see or it Go on my Deviantart (www.fluze3.deviantart.com)

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This limit has been there since 2010 I think? The vertical height limit is 120 px (~6 lines). I remember reading somewhere but I can't find the post for it. The vertical height was derived from the standard vB posts where a normal sized avy (or no avy don't remember which) used with the sig won't extend the post size iirc.

You can make sig banners smaller though. Postbits in xf are even smaller than on vB so I'm not sure if the sig limit should be increased any further. There's not much harm either way though. I personally wouldn't mind 150px but idk that's just my opinion haha.

This limit has been there since 2010 I think? The vertical height limit is 120 px (~6 lines). I remember reading somewhere but I can't find the post for it. The vertical height was derived from the standard vB posts where a normal sized avy (or no avy don't remember which) used with the sig won't extend the post size iirc.

You can make sig banners smaller though. Postbits in xf are even smaller than on vB so I'm not sure if the sig limit should be increased any further. There's not much harm either way though. I personally wouldn't mind 150px but idk that's just my opinion haha.
I completely understand where you're coming from.

I could make them smaller, but I have been using the same size for quite a few months now (even bigger before), and if I make them smaller, it could ruin the whole aspect of a signature. It would just become more of a banner, imo.

I would this to go along, but it's just my opinion and the demand of the community for more signatures or a colourful forum.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Dude at one point, we were considering removing them altogether.

This is about as good as it's going to get.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, guys! (or girls), it seems like this is quite a disputed issue. I would like to see how this turns out!

By the way, if this does get approved and some action takes place, I'll make a signature shop straight away. It's my main source of giving back to a community, well other than my SV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)