NOC Laser Tag NOC - GAME OVER | Mafia Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok that wall looks nice so I think apricity is probably not the way to go today, all the points listed against Jordan are valid and I don’t see him posting much of substance in comparison to previous games, so

Vote xjrodanx

He just claimed he idled.

But besides that, given the Haruno/Walrein thing, assuming they both aren't scum. I think that Jalmont is likely clear because if Walrein is town, scum have no reason to allow the tie vote like that to exist instead of breaking it one way and preserving one of their shots.

He just claimed he idled.

But besides that, given the Haruno/Walrein thing, assuming they both aren't scum. I think that Jalmont is likely clear because if Walrein is town, scum have no reason to allow the tie vote like that to exist instead of breaking it one way and preserving one of their shots.
Warein’s wagon is two conftown and metal sonic. So it’s perfectly likely walrein is scum tbh

Jalmont - idled
Earlio
Walrein
Former Hope -shot twin (success)
Metal Sonic - idled
apricity - shot FH (failed)
XnadrojX - idled
Hawkie - idled
Aubisio - idled

wait so FH you shot twin expecting to save him from a scum kill?

keep in mind I've been busy/traveling/not paying *too* much attention to this game

Jalmont - idled
50/50 on jalmont, if walrein = town then jalmont = town. If walrein is scum, then I have a null read on them since ngl, I can't remember any of their posts.

Earlio
Lean scum I guess? Again, can't remember too many of their posts but so far people have been pretty consistantly scum on them. That said, there is a pretty crictical lack of resistance of this lynch. So unless mafia have just committed to not defending him (including earlio himself), he could be town

Walrein
Probably should have more on this slot than I do, but I do find their TR on me D1 funny since at that point I'd just been fucking around with no real content. So lean scum I guess.

Metal Sonic - idled
Lean town, his quarrel with Haruno is good for town points. Then again, I always find this guy hard to read since they never really play with any sense of subtlty. That said, in past games where they've been scum it's been pretty blatantly obvious.

apricity - shot FH (failed)
Lean town, boosting activity is always good since scum usually just want a dead game. Claim they shot me, which I don't really get their reasoning for? But your tone here reminds me a lot of our conversations during dead mafia so I think that's a good sign.

XnadrojX - idled
Null, haven't really been paying too much attention to them honestly.

Hawkie - idled
Null/sort of lean scum. ngl I disliked their game solve at the start of the day. Not to mention, town = hawkie posted a lot more iirc.

Aubisio - idled
Hard null, have they been posting even? I guess so if they told us they idled their shot but like jalmont I can't remember any of their posts.

So I guess
town
myself (duh)
Apricity
Metal Sonic
Walrein/Jalmont
OR two of
Earlio/XX/Aubisio

Scum
Earlio
Walrein
XX or Aubisio
Hawkie

keep in mind, not a lot of detail into each read. More of that will probably come when I'm home (if the game is still running)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
so the first thing i did was go back through every page of d1 while ctrl+f-ing Haruno, looking for others' interactions with Haruno and vice-versa

Jalmont: basically wanted a policy lynch. was on wagon at eod
Earlio: zilch
Former Hope: hopped on haruno wagon shortly before deadline, with a post I thought was fairly weak
Metal Sonic: very vocal about wanting haruno shot
apricity: none
XnadrojX: zero
Hawkie: passively defended Haruno by essentially accusing Jalmont of bullying and suggesting that Jalmont himself was scum
Aubisio: nada

i think jalmont's treatment of haruno is essentially NAI? from what i recall of playing with jalmont, i think this is pretty much how he'd react to haruno regardless, especially if haruno's level of contribution was around where it was for this game

former hope's is really odd. had haruno flipped town i'd lynch this instantly, because the vote was pretty out of left field and reeks of bandwagoning. i have two issues with this particular line of thinking:
-generally, such a vote is done to save a mafia teammate and lynch a townie. given that the top wagon at the time is myself, who i'm fairly sure is town, and that the victim is haruno, who i'm fairly sure was not, this doesn't apply at all
-when scum are bussing, the first thing i look for is the stench of TMI. is this scumread suspiciously well-informed? does it come out of nowhere, but with the substance of a read that a townie would have to work at for hours? if it is, you've probably got TMI - you KNOW the person you're voting is scum, you just have to quantify why to the sheeple (except non-sarcastically). former hope's post... doesn't feel like tmi

metal sonic is someone i know to have large cojones. he likes theatrics, taking risks, fancy plays. a part of me wonders if his interactions with haruno were simply an attempt to keep the lynch off of him on d1 - certainly he could shoot elsewhere and then claim his shot were blocked. i would need to reread the posts in question, and his larger body of work as a whole, but i don't think it's out of the question

hawkie's is perhaps the hardest to evaluate in a vacuum. i won't make a call on whether or not his statement towards jalmont was justified - i don't want to stir up drama mid-game - but it essentially made it so that any evaluation of his behavior towards haruno has to be made through an emotionally-tinted lens, which is not something i'm very good at. at all.

i came into this post thinking i was going to eventually conclude that there was a busser on haruno. after all, they have four more people left to cast votes the next day, and four more people to fire shots the next night. coming out of this post, i'm starting to think that i may have been wrong in that assumption. former hope, i want to say, is town. the manner in which the post was made is pretty strange, yes, but i think it's ESPECIALLY strange coming from mafia. jalmont is a tougher call, and i'd need to take another look at his posting patterns as a whole, but i find it hard to believe he just parks his vote on a mafia teammate. if a bus is the call, there'd surely be more votes on haruno, and if a bus isn't the call, i think jalmont and/or his teammates would be more aware of the wagon state and get that vote moved, or at least get more piled onto my wagon.

this leads me to the following conclusion: it's unlikely that haruno's partners were available to vote at eod1

if they're gonna bus, i have to think they commit to that shit. if they aren't, i don't think they cut it so close. the tied vote makes me think that they simply weren't around and didn't realize the tied vote was a thing.

of course the other possibility is that they didn't realize knights goofed the votecount and figured haruno was sunk anyways. this would imply that there may have been a mafioso or two around, but not enough to swing a wagon off an assumed four-vote haruno

the third option is that i'm dumb and wrong but i hope i'm not!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
scrolling through the thread to check out late-day posting patterns and i realize there was at one point a 3-vote earlio wagon that i hadn't previously noticed

will examine to see if there's anything of merit to be found there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)