ORAS OU Last Four Teams haven't gotten rated so rate this one for the love of god

As the title suggests, these things take way too long to write but I want feedback and so far the last four teams I've done have gotten nothing. Anyway, this new team I've created I've found many people have massive amounts of trouble breaking through. This team has bested stall, and hyper offensive alike, and I honestly think it's my best team so far.

Katnip (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Softboiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

The standard smogon analysis set, but it's so effective at what it does as a lead. Shuts down all standard leads with Taunt, and cripples hyper offensive leads with will-o-wisp. It's evs allow it to live STABs from both Weavile and Bisharp at which point they get to suffer from a burn. Knock Off for further utility. Plus it's adorable as hell, so that's a plus.

Lavalantula (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Love, love, love this thing. Since fire is such a prevelant offensive type in the meta, he gets plenty of switch ins at which point he can set up stealth rocks, toxic away, taunt any set up sweepers or burn any switch ins with a powerful lava plume *cough* Azumarill *cough*. The only thing it really struggles with are ground types unless they've been burned previously, but he's not gonna be staying in anyway.

Sharknado (Garchomp) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Substitute

If the Lati duo aren't around or his Salac Berry is activated before they come in, this thing is unstoppable. Under a sub with +2 attack and speed that's unmatched by the entire unboosted meta, there are few pokes who can break past my boy over here. The amount times this thing has caused rage quits is unbelievable (I mean it's believable because I mean, its Garchomp.) the Salac berry is activated after three substitutes or one Moonblast from an unboosted Clefable. He's great.

2 Chainz (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Thanks to Magnet Rise, Landorus can't touch this adorable little keychain, providing great defensive/hazard synergy with Heatran. Thunder Wave provides speed control for my team and Foul Play is for set up sweepers such as Mega-Scizor, MegaZard X, MegaChomp etc. etc. Also I love to paralyze Talonflame if I need a sacrifice since my team struggles with the damn bird.

Puppy Chow (Terrakion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

My team desperately needed an answer to both Talonflame and Bisharp and what better poke than Gen V's OU king. I can switch in on Bisharp's dark type moves to get a free attack boost, which usually will scare him off allowing me to get a free swords dance at which point Terrakion can proceed to steamroll through teams. Close Combat and Rock Slide are obligatory STABs and Poison Jab is for fairies. I use to run a Life Orb but without any reliable recovery, the recoil was wearing him down and he attracted too much status.

Samus (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

My mid-to-late game sweeper. After a +1 or +2 in attack, he wrecks completely. I chose Iron Head over Meteor Mash because too many times when I have needed Meteor Mash to come through, it misses and costs me a game or at least my mega. Plus with Tough Claws and Power-Up Punch, it makes up for the power decrease. Ice Punch for the latis and Garchomp and Lando and Zen Headbutt for STAB.

That's the team. Let me know what you think! So far, the only pokemon I've really struggles with are Talonflame if Terrakion is out and Scarfcadrill. But if I have Mew in, I can Will-O-Wisp it make it useless so that weakness can be negated. Open to suggestions and comments!

Hi there, okay so I havent rated since like gen 5 but here goes nothing (since you asked)

First off you have 4 ground weak mons, and no answer to ground types outside of magnet rise which leaves klefki doing nothing relevant back. You also have 0 water resists, which in this meta is not really ideal.

So I would recommend replacing terrakion with standard Rotom Wash, since it accomplishes both of the above, while also dealing with talonflame and other flying mons much better.

Secondly, Id replace power up punch on gross, as well as ironhead for;
meteor mash and coverage of your choice for example hammer arm or bullet punch.

Bisharp shouldnt be too big of an issue so long as you play tran and chomp aggresively, you also have mew to lure and burn and worst case you can twave with klefki I guess and then RK with tran/chomp as needed.

Hope this helps, didn't want to tear your team apart entirely. Good luck.

Hey Alkasesler, like Oh Captain already mentioned your team has no Ground or Water immunities / resists. These are needed on every single competitive team due to how common Ground and Water types are. If something like an Earth Plate Landorus-T or Swords Dance Garchomp was able to get in against Heatran or Terrakion then you would lose a Pokemon almost guaranteed. Having Magnet Rise Klefki as your counterplay to them isn't enough since it certainly isn't going to be hard switching into them. Choice Specs Keldeo and Choice Band Azumarill also pose a huge threat to you since it they can easily 2HKO your entire team with Hydro Pump and Waterfall respectively with Stealth Rock up. My rate will focus on fixing these issues and also make some adjustments to your offensive core of Garchomp + Terrakion + M-Metagross.

First, to provide you with a Water resist and Ground immunity that can check Azumarill, Sand Rush Excadrill, and Landorus-T, I think you should run Rotom-W > Klefki. Rotom-W still acts as a Flying resist and as a check to Weavile, but also acts as a reliable pivot into Heatran, Slowbro, and Tornadus-Therian. I also think you should run Celebi > Mew for another Water and Ground resist that can check Keldeo, Mold Breaker Excadrill, and M-Lopunny, while also acting as good team support. With Substitute + Baton Pass it can help get your wallbreakers in safely so they avoid status or chip damage and be able to force your opponent to stay in to break a Substitute so you can get to weaken walls more efficiently. Celebi passes Substitutes with over 100 HP which means Chansey needs to use Seismic Toss twice to break it, and it also forms a FWG core with Heatran and Rotom-W for good defensive coverage.

Next, I think your offensive core is very solid but they don't break through their shared checks as well as they could since all three get handled by Slowbro and Skarmory pretty well. Because of this I think you should run Life Orb > Salac Berry on Garchomp, and Fire Fang > Substitute. With Fire Fang, Garchomp can break through Skarmory pretty easily to make Terrakion and M-Metagross have an easier time wallbreaking. The Life Orb boost also makes Garchomp's Earthquake very threatening to Slowbro after a Swords Dance. You can also opt to run Outrage instead of Dragon Claw to allow Garchomp to 2HKO Quagsire and OHKO Slowbro with Stealth Rock up after a Swords Dance. With Celebi being able to pass a Substitute to Garchomp against common switch-ins like Heatran, you still have an opportunity to set up Swords Dance while behind a Substitute.

Since your M-Metagross set doesn't have a strong Ground or Fighting type move it struggles a lot with Steel types like Ferrothorn and even Heatran. Because of this I think you should run Hammer Arm > Power-Up Punch on M-Metagross, and run Meteor Mash > Iron Head so you still have an opportunity to get an attack boost. I'd also say run Thunder Punch > Zen Headbutt on M-Metagross so you can have another way to pressure Slowbro and Skarmory rather than relying on Garchomp to break them. Lastly, since your team has no priority or speed control after dropping Klefki, I think you should run Choice Scarf Terrakion > Swords Dance Terrakion so you can have a late game cleaner and a revenge killer that benefits from Garchomp and M-Metagross breaking through bulky Ground and Water types that normally can stop it like Landorus-T, Rocky Helmet Garchomp, Hippowdon, Slowbro, Gastrodon, Suicune, and etc.

Alternatively, if you wanted to keep Salac Berry Garchomp or have M-Metagross have a more reliable way of getting boosts after dropping Power-Up Punch, you can run Swords Dance > Substitute on Celebi. This can be used to pass boosts to Choice Scarf Terrakion to help it clean late game, or to M-Metagross to make it break through teams even easier with its very good coverage. I'll leave imports to both versions below so you can try out both and see which you prefer.

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 116 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Sharknado (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Puppy Chow (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Sharknado (Garchomp) @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Puppy Chow (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide

Hope I was able to help!

Thanks guys! I actually switched out Terrakion for Rotom-W and switched mega meta for Mega Venusaur to give myself more water immunities and have been having so much more success! I really appreciate the feedback guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)