VictoryBird (Swellow) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Pursuit

I wanted to build a team around a sweeper. I also wanted it to be fast and underestimated. Who better than Guts Swellow to fill that role? Guts is important because it makes me more powerful and a status absorber so that a burn wouldn't be detrimental. I have Facade because with Guts STAB, it is 210 because of burn boosted, STAB boosted, and then Guts. Brave Bird is the most powerful Flying attack, and U-turn provides momentum and does about 70% to Malamar. Finally, I have pursuit for trapping mons like Shiftry and Leafeon.

Relic (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Rapid Sin
- Reflect
- Psyshock

Next, I wanted a support mon. Claydol can set screens, rocks, and Spin. It also pairs nicely with Swellow, except for Ice types. I have it as Specially Defensive to take Special hits that Swellow is more prone to. It also Spins, which is better than Defog because it only gets rid of one side. I have one screen, and it is physically boosting, because I an specially defensive. I have psyshock on there for STAB.

Pineapple (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

I have Ludicolo because it covers the water and grass weakness of Claydol. It also provides a "special" sweeper, of which I have none. It hits mons like Rhydon, Shiftry, Carracosta, and more. I have Swift Swim and Rain Dance to outspeed things like Samurott, plus Timid and a bulkier set of EVs. I have Hydro Pump and Giga Drain for STAB, and Ice Beam for grass and flying types.

CrunchTime (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 64 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Super Fang
- Stealth Rock

I have Mawile for two main reasons. One, to be physically awesome, and two, to resist ice. I have Intimidate to improve my physical durability. I have Toxic to wear down others, Iron Head to beat Ice types, Super Fang for better damage, and and Rocks are my hazard.

Michelangelo (Carracosta) @ Hard Stone
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

I have Carracosta to hit Sneasel, other Ice types, and Flying types, but mainly to be a setup sweeper. Shell Smash plus Swift Swim gives me plus 4 speed. Aqua Jet for priority. These last two mons are really subject to change.

PKSparkzz (Electivire) @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Flamethrower

This mon is for coverage, like Flamethrower is to hit Grass and Ice, Wild Charge is STAB, and Ice punch is for those pesky people. Otherwise, this is kind of a wasted spot. Please suggest changes.

Last edited:
Hey Bro, Electivire actually gets Flamethrower. You also might want waterfall > Aqua Tail and Aqua Jet > Knock Off on Carracosta. You're team is interesting, but I'm sure thats why you're using it. Try Rocks > something on Mawile and taking rocks off of claydol for earth power, Claydol also likes to run max speed max special attack with a modest or timid nature. I guess you meant to put NU on this.

Uh seeing as to how every single mon is in NU, shouldn't this be in NU? It might do well in the NU meta but RU has a lot of mons that can just break through a lot of members on this team like meloetta. Did you accidentally put RU instead of NU?

Last edited:
Uh seeing as to how every single mon is in NU, shouldn't this be in NU? It might do well in the NU meta but RU has a lot of mons that can just break through a lot of members on this team like meloetta. Did you accidentally put RU instead of NU?
Yeah. That's what I meant

haxiom edit: retagged as "ORAS NU"

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't understand the logic of having no speed investment on Carracosta and Ludicolo. At +2, Carracosta hits only 200 Speed, which is pathetic, since you lose against anything that has a base 52 or higher Speed and fully invests (Cacturne and higher basically). Ludicolo hits 352 Speed at +2, which still loses to every Choice Scarfer and anything with base 112 Speed or higher. I somewhat get Ludicolo, as you can speed creep and keep some bulk (not that it's a good reason), but I see very little reason for Carracosta to have HP investment over Speed. Your reason of expecting +4 Speed is rather naive: you already lose 2 turns to get up a Rain Dance with Ludicolo (your only Rain Dancer) and switch out to Carracosta (which puts it at risk of taking an attack). Then you actually want to set up a Shell Smash (which lowers your defenses, making the HP investment rather moot) which uses up a 3rd Rain turn, leaving you with 2 turns at best to use the +4 Speed. If you can get that chance, good for you, but it's pretty unreliable. Max Speed investment is the best way to go, at least for Carracosta; Jolly if you are willing, since beating Tauros and other base 110s is pretty good (and Aqua Jetting Liepard too).

I'm interested in your reasoning for no Speed, which should be explained in a RMT anyways for a more effective rate.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Swellow / Claydol / Luidcolo / Mawile / Carracosta / Electivire

hey ObnoxioTheIII this seems like a pretty cool Dual Screens Hyper Offense teams that are always fun to build and use. The team itself doesn't appear to have that many weaknesses, but there are a lot of sets that are suboptimal like WhiteDMist pointed out. I also feel you are spreading the roles on your team out a bit to much, as Claydol and Mawile are not both needed for the team to be fully successful. In terms of pokemon the biggest threats to your team include Lilligant and Vivilon both of which can do major damage to your team once its worn down a little. Klinklang can also be a threat once it sets up a Gear Grind or two, as your main physical check in Mawile can not intimidate it.

So the first big change I would be to fix the weakness to Quiver Dancers by using Sap Sipper Zebstrika over Electivire. Zebstrika gives you a soft check to both of these mons, as it can't be put to sleep and is immune to Lilligant's STAB move. Zebstrika also gives you a much better speed tier while retaining the same coverage and the increased speed tier allows you to outspeed pokemon like Tauros, Floatzel, and Archeops all of which Electivire can not do. The next change I would recommend would be Skuntank over Mawile. Skuntank gives you a much better check to Calm Mind Psychic Types and Klinklang, but since this takes away Rocks from Mawile I would also change Stealth Rocks over Rapid Spin on Claydol. Your team really doesn't need the rapid spin support provided by Claydol since you are not that weak to Toxic Spikes with the addition of Skuntank, and due to the fast paced nature of your team you really don't need to focus on removing hazards as that just gives your opponent a free turn.

Continuing onto the changes I strongly recommend, most of them have to do with the EV sets you have on most of your pokemon as they are not as optimized as they can be. Like WhiteDMist said, the EV spreads on Luidcolo and Carracosta are very inneffective as even at the plus two boosts they fail to outspeed many things. That is why I recommend giving them both Max Speed. The next change in terms of sets I would recommend would be Quick Attack over Pursuit on Swellow. With the addition of Skuntank you gain an actual Pursuit Trapper so there really is no need to have Pursuit on Swellow, Quick Attack gives you a way to revenge kill fast set up sweepers like Lilligant, Vivilon, and Ludicolo. I would also keep Light Clay over Leftovers on Claydol since you want Light Screen and Reflect to be up for as many turns as possible. I would then also change Psyshock to Earth Power or Explosion. Earth Power allows you to beat common leads like Rhydon and Regirock, and allows it not to be set up fodder for Klinklang, Explosion allows you to get in a sweeper safely after getting up screens and rocks so something like Carracosta has an easier time setting up and sweeping. I would also change the EVs to 252 HP over 252 SpA, since you want to be as bulky as possible in order to set up hazards / screens the easiest, also if you do go with explosion change the nature to Jolly.

Overall pretty solid Dual Screens HO team, though I recommend in the future reading through the common sets in the SmogonDex to find optimal sets, or asking for advice in the NU Room.

Changes:

Zebstrika @ Life Orb | Sap Sipper
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Hidden Power Grass / Overheat

Moveset is standard, Sap Sipper allows it to check Quiver Dancers and HP Grass for Rhydon, Lanturn, and other Electric resists and immunities.

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet | Aftermath
Adamant | 16 HP / 232 Atk / 104 Def / 104 SpD / 52 Spe
Sucker Punch / Poison Jab / Pursuit / Taunt

Standard Skuntank with Rocky Helmet + Aftermath to check Klinklang. Other options are Rest + Chesto Berry over Taunt in order to keep Skuntank healthy, but you don't really need that with the fast past nature of your team and Taunt is useful for pokemon like Mega Audino.
+

252 HP -> 252 Spe

Pursuit -> Quick Attack

Leftovers -> Light Clay
Psyshock -> Earth Power / Explosion
252 SpA -> 252 HP

edit: didn't notice the Claydol wasn't light screen, so I would reccomend putting Light Screen on the set since this team really appreciates the Screens support since its such a fast based and frailish team

Last edited:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Swellow / Claydol / Luidcolo / Mawile / Carracosta / Electivire
I would also keep Light Clay over Leftovers on Claydol since you want Light Screen and Reflect to be up for as many turns as possible. I would then also change Psyshock to Earth Power or Explosion. Earth Power allows you to beat common leads like Rhydon and Regirock, and allows it not to be set up fodder for Klinklang, Explosion allows you to get in a sweeper safely after getting up screens and rocks so something like Carracosta has an easier time setting up and sweeping. I would also change the EVs to 252 HP over 252 SpA, since you want to be as bulky as possible in order to set up hazards / screens the easiest, also if you do go with explosion change the nature to Jolly.
Er, it's not quite a Dual Screener, Claydol only has Reflect. Light Screen is notably absent, so I'm not sure this is Dual Screens HO either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)