SV LC LC Balance Team

I made this team to surprise and counter the top LC mons on the VR. Some of my team uses Tera to do so, and others have natural coverage. Another thing it does that I like is how you can really punish switches with it. And your opponents WILL need to switch.

:sv/finizen:
Baby Uber (Finizen) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Level: 5
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Boomburst
- Tera Blast
- Ice Beam
I usually use this as a suicide lead that OHKOs non-sash Glimmet with Surf, and if they are sashed, they only get Stealth Rocks up. Finizen can then continue to punch holes in the other team with Boomburst, Ice Beam (which obliterates Toedscool), and Fire Tera Blast (to eat Voltorb and Scarf Watt/Mag and their Electric attacks and also OHKO Pawniard). Fun fact, this Finizen set has 18 base speed. That's how it can eliminate Toedscool, a natural response to a Water Type. Other potential TTypes include Ground (which might actually be more useful) Fighting, and Normal (for the extra oomph it gives Boomburst).

:sv/snover:
Snow Halation (Snover) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Surprise Ice Beam didn't kill Toed? Enter Snover, an absolute defensive MONSTER with snow boost and Eviolite. This is pretty much just your average Snover set with Blizzard (110 power with zero chance to miss in snow) GDrain (Grass STAB plus recovery) and Protect to scout whether or not a Pawn is carrying Iron Head. I'm running Leech Seed over Ice Shard cuz stall is funny. And to punish the opponent for switching out their Toedscool. Overall this is a very good switch-in to have in your back pocket.

:sv/zorua-hisui:
sike (Zorua-Hisui) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bitter Malice
- Tera Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick
Can we take a moment to realise how underrated Trick + Choice Items is? You don't need to use Trick if it isn't necessary, like when there's an already hurt mon. Tera Blast gets a damage boost even without being Tera'd since Zorua-H is Normal-Type. Bitter Malice and Sludge Bomb are there for coverage. (Ok, Sludge Bomb is a weird pick but Poison is my favorite type and having that coverage plus the poison chance helps more than you would think.) Trick can cripple so many stallers and setup sweepers it's not even funny.

:sv/mudbray:
donke kick (Mudbray) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Tomb
When this team was on the drawing board, I had Diglett in this slot, but the funny mole has since been banned, so I had to work with what I had. Mudbray is another defensive mon on this team, with crucial Ground typing I needed, especially in a meta with Pawniard on top and so many V-switching Electric types running around. I changed basically nothing from the standard set, and I don't need to. When they switch out their Electric type, punish with Stealth Rock. It's got EQ and Heavy Slam for coverage, and Rock Tomb to slow down the many fliers of LC.

:sv/bramblin:
Texas (Bramblin) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- Shadow Sneak
- Strength Sap
Now, I, like many others, was skeptical about using the tumbleweed at first, but it's actually a solid spinblocker with a great kit of moves. It can spin itself, which is helpful when that sash Glimmet from earlier gets its one hazard off. It's also got Power Whip and Shadow Sneak for STAB coverage, with Tera Ghost when you need more priority damage. It also has Strength Sap to live longer. If you want, you could use Tera Normal to either get more Rapid Spin damage or avoid a Ghost Type attack from a Zorua-H or Drifloon.

:sv/fuecoco:
worse totodile (Fuecoco) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 220 HP / 76 Atk / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Flare Blitz
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
Now my team had a glaring Ice weakness, so I reluctantly added a Fuecoco to the team. This isn't your typical Fuecoco, however. It's a physical attacker, with Crunch to surprise Gothita and 2HKO it with the EV investment I added. Otherwise it's the usual Fuecoco set, with Flamethrower replaced by Flare Blitz, Slack Off to recover HP(made more useful because of the Flare Blitz recoil), and Willo. My Zorua-H usually comes in disguised as Fuecoco, to bait things like Mareanie and Wingull. I sometimes also run Tera Fairy, and Roar over Willo.

Which pokemon do you insist on keeping?

Issues with ur team rn are that

-You fold to hazards really hard, bramblin helps but stacking coco and snover is impractical at best
-Tspikes especially are game over
-You are very slow overall, and so u might fold to team that generate offensive pressure and force u to keep switching

You beat all the top mons 1v1 in a vacuum but u might struggle with a combination of them

Which pokemon do you insist on keeping?

Issues with ur team rn are that

-You fold to hazards really hard, bramblin helps but stacking coco and snover is impractical at best
-Tspikes especially are game over
-You are very slow overall, and so u might fold to team that generate offensive pressure and force u to keep switching

You beat all the top mons 1v1 in a vacuum but u might struggle with a combination of them
the strat was kinda to stop hazards before they happen, but i see ur point. The only ones I'm really attached to are finizen and snover

Make sure your team is competitive and viable for that tier. Before other users can help you with your team, you need to do your part and make sure that you have tested and used the team before in order to hammer out the biggest flaws. We are here to help improve teams, not build new ones. If you're inexperienced, then you can learn the metagame and lurk more before posting a team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)