Project LC Community Create-A-Team II [R6: SUBMIT!]

Mienfoo since the hail is up it will also lose every turn a little bit of Health which it can regain easily by regenerator or drain punch. Next mon would probably have to be able to deal with Magic guard abra since its unaffective by hail and can hit any mon hard.
Plus like mentioned Most of the Time the switch for mienfoo is the foongus which Will be killed by snover. Next mon should maybe also be able to utilize the hail that is bring set up. You have the hail. Might as well use it Right. Now i Am not a good teambuilder but i like this concept since it shows me different ways of thinking about certain mon in the Meta :)

twinkay

these bugs love all the sugar in my blood
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alolan Vulpix.

So I think we kind of shot ourselves in the foot using Snover. Ah well, it's not the worst that could happen. That being said, making a web team would make for a very unexciting project. Abra takes up one round, Ghost-type takes up another, it's all just very routine. Kabuto is a decent Snover partner, but it's a little too hasty to add it already in the second round and just sort of leaves us back at square one. Snivy is also pretty nice and while I wouldn't be upset if it was chosen, I'm not a huge fan of Scarf Snivy and it leaves a pretty big blindspot in wallbreaking against Steel-types and Fire-types. So, between Mienfoo and A-Vulpix, I'd rather have A-Vulpix as it could potentially lead to a Hail / Veil team or just a standard team and we have a lot of clearly defined possibilities, even though I'd be fine with Foo as well. I still stand by that Abra is a nice addition but that's not up to me so w / e.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mienfoo. By picking Mienfoo we're not locking ourselves into webs but we have the option for it later.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The winner, narrowly, is Xayah's Mienfoo.
Now, back to nominations. Where do we go from here? Do we still want a Webs setter? Or do we want to frame an offensive core? Please submit!

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Xayah's idea of building VoltTurn around LO Snover caught my eye, so I'm presenting Scarf Chinchou. Good pivot, helps to keep momentum along with Mienfoo, making a pretty common VoltTrun core to help Snover to get in the field.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Xayah's idea of building VoltTurn around LO Snover caught my eye, so I'm presenting Scarf Chinchou. Good pivot, helps to keep momentum along with Mienfoo, making a pretty common VoltTrun core to help Snover to get in the field.
I am obviously completely on board with building VoltTurn here, and even agree with Chinchou as the next Pokemon. However, I think a different set could fit better

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I believe bulky Chinchou is the way to go. The major draw Chinchou has for this team is the amazing defensive synergy it has with Snover, while also obviously being a VoltTurner. This set amplifies both of those parts, as it gives Chinchou more opportunities to fire off slow Volt Switches, while giving it an easier time checking the things it needs to check. Most notably, this set is far better of an answer to Flying-types, as it can switch in more than once, which currently threaten both of our Pokemon a lot (ye sure Snover can Ice Shard but that ain't OHKOing; even Dodouo lives 15/16 times from full). In addition, this set is a decent answer to the Fire- and Steel-types Ferroseed hates, and can even lure Ferroseed very easily with HP Fire. Meanwhile, it can easily Volt Switch out of the likes of Foongus for Snover to fire off a strong attack, and Snover even scares out some Ground-types.

I understand this set would make our team quite slow, but we could easily fix this by changing Foo to FastFoo or even Scarf, or adding something like Scarf Vull or Rufflet later. Depending on how the team ends up, even Abra could be a decent fit to have some Speed.

I don't really know how Nineage handles multiple submissions for the same Pokemon or if it is even possible, but I still wanted to showcase this set.

i think the whole point of life orb snover is checking the stuff webs usually lose to with life orb ice shard like birds or snivy, and since spinarak is an awful mon imo i guess i'll go with surskit, no need for much explanation, it sets webs up and doesn't do much more but at least it's not spinarak

i think some people didn't want this to become a sticky web team but if you vote for lo snover outside of webs you deserve nothing but pain

Surskit @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Sticky Web
- Haze

ggggd give me those mad likes

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to leave this open about 24 more hours in case someone is hit by a bolt of inspiration

Alright this mon is kinda gen 6 but I'd like to nominate Archen as a Rocker who can grab momentum and act as a normal and flying check, especially the latter as both mons on the team right now are weak to birds.

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics

Stealth Rock and U-Turn are the reasons why I chose Archen, and Rock Slide and Acrobatics are STAB. I guess if we really need to later on we can throw on Defog over one of the STAB moves, but this should work for now.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
With the USUM dump I'd like to change this project just a little bit. Given that this team will be completed after usum are released, you can nominate any moveset that has been confirmed to be legal in usum. Please don't nominate completely new Pokemon.

To reflect this change, the deadline is being extended another 24 hours.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I nominate dewpider. We want a webs team to maximize the strengths of snover but surskit is lowkey trash and has been used so much so let's introduce the newest tech. Dewpider is strong and is an offensive presence with bulk, an additional fighting check vs stuff like timburr which threaten snover, and has webs which is amazing.

Heres the set i've been running:

Dewpider @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 52 HP / 36 Atk / 20 Def / 180 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Scald
- Sticky Web

Its pretty bulky, so maybe a more offensive set is better. 13 spe to outspeed 19 speed mons after webs are up, liquidation hits hard, scald gets u burns, leech life heals and does decentlt well vs water resists. Mainly this also can lock up torchic and pony which are problematic for snover too.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
Sorry for the delay. It's time to vote. Here are the options:
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Surskit @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Sticky Web
- Haze

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics

Dewpider @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 52 HP / 36 Atk / 20 Def / 180 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Scald
- Sticky Web

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
dcae's dewpider is a messy bitch who loves drama. a bold ho who takes no shit. a tea-sipping wine-o'clock-ass thot. and my vote for this week's CCAT, presented by Nineage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)