SS LC LC Golett Hyper Offense

Introduction

This is my favorite hyper offense little cup team. It has put in a lot of work for me recently and I was able to peak around 1572 with this team. It has consistently kept me around 1500 but I would like to improve it if possible. I'm open to any suggestions. Also I apologize for the missing sprites for grookey and golett, they appear to be missing from the image files.

The Team

Ponyta @ Berry Juice
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Horsepower
- Flame Charge​

Overall very strong pokemon in the tier, not much switches into a flare blitz and those that do usually don't also take a wild charge or high horsepower. Berry juice is there because I prefer the healing to eviolite. Alleviates the threat of stealth rocks a bit as flare blitz will almost always trigger berry juice after rocks restoring ponyta to full health on whatever switches in. Does quite well as a revenge killer.

Abra @ Shed Shell
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch

If my opponent's mienfoo shows no scarf in the team preview I almost always lead with abra. If there is no ferroseed I always substitute on the mienfoo fake out to allow for focus punch to kill pawniard. It one or two hit kills most pokemon allowing it to build quite a bit of momentum off the start of the game. Shed shell is there to effectively bait in ditto on the substitute switch in which also allows me to get a relatively easy switch into grookey.?

Grookey @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

Grassy seed grookey is my favorite variation as it can beat other grookies and common grooky walls at +2. Foongus dies to a +2 acrobatics and koffing is killed in two hits if you can catch it on the switch in. Drain punch obviously allows me to beat opposing pawniards as well as restore health if necessary. Overall does a very good job on this team and is an effective wallbreaker.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Pawniard is here for overall bulk and power. Knock off is easily spammable and against pokemon like ferroseed pawniard can set up and deal a lot of damage to any potential switch ins. It is a bit slower compared to the rest of my team but it is necessary to keep momentum at times. Not much else to say about it to be honest.

Golett @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 28 HP / 244 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Rock Slide
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake

After finding that magby utterly beats my team when I had magnemite in this slot before, I was looking for a counter and scarf golett was a perfect fit. Not only does it beat many common fire types in the tier but it indirectly threatens mienfoo and prevents it from throwing off high jump kicks the whole game. It does very well against common walls such as koffing and even can revenge kill mareine. Poltergeist is a good move but opponents losing their items is a constant threat. Very fun pokemon to use and is a great fit overall.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

The premier little cup pokemon. It truly does it all and acts as one of the few switch ins to most counters to my team. Not much else to say about it that hasn't already been said but it definitely can win games almost on its own.

Ponyta @ Berry Juice
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Horsepower
- Flame Charge

Abra @ Shed Shell
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch

Grookey @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Golett @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 28 HP / 244 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Rock Slide
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

With all respect. Would you mind posting a proof of peak? I saw your profile and there’s only a history of one single replay which was much lower than the claimed peak, as well as looking up your profile on showdown it shows an elo of about 1350

With all respect. Would you mind posting a proof of peak? I saw your profile and there’s only a history of one single replay which was much lower than the claimed peak, as well as looking up your profile on showdown it shows an elo of about 1350
No problem it's understandable as I don't save my replays. I also used to use a different smogon account years ago in the ORAS days and just recently got back into showdown. I do not remember the password to my old account however.

Attachments

No problem it's understandable as I don't save my replays. I also used to use a different smogon account years ago in the ORAS days and just recently got back into showdown. I do not remember the password to my old account however.
Yooo aye thats sick. Thanks for sharing it.

Hey, this looks like a really cool team! I like that you're trying to build Hyper-Offense, which isn't easy in this meta. I've tested your team, and I've thought about some improvements that could be made to it while retaining its core and its playstyle.
The first thing I noticed which could be improved with your team is that Grookey and Golett don't have very good synergy (confirmed by test games). Grookey's Grassy Terrain weakens one of Golett's main STABs, which isn't ideal. Furthermore, your team seems to lack a good switch-in to opposing Mienfoo's Knock Off, with the best you can do being going to your own Mienfoo and going for coin flips with Golett. Finally, while you have Grassy Seed Grookey, your team still seems to struggle against opposing Foongus, since you don't have a reliable Spore absorber, and you don't have Koffing to help wear Foongus down.
So I've tried making some tweaks to the team, and here is the final result that I think works ok: https://pokepast.es/024a2086ea6118e1. I first removed Grookey, and added a Koffing. Koffing is the most offensive Poison type, and the hardest to switch into, and makes a good switch-in to Mienfoo without relying on coin flips. Then, with the removal of Grookey, I replaced Pawniard with a Ferroseed, to keep a check to Water types while doubling as a Foongus check. One problem of using Ferroseed with Golett is that after Ferroseed knocking Natu, the latter walls Golett. So I put Explosion on the Ferro, to potentially KO Natu if it roosts, while also keeping some of that Hyper-Offense playstyle.
Also, the removal of Grookey makes it so there's no good switch-in to Ground types anymore, and Shed Shell Abra doesn't make much sense without a Ground switch-in anymore. Therefore, I replaced it with a Natu. Natu is a Ground immunity, and is an additional pivot to bring in Golett or Ponyta. It also lures Pawniard, which would help Golett by removing its main check. Finally, I made some other minor changes, like putting Ponyta's remaining EVs in HP instead of Defense, to not allow Pory the SpA boost from Download. I also removed the excess EVs on Golett for cosmetic purposes. The team is kinda weak to opposing Ponyta, against which you have to pivot around to deny the Flame Charge with Flash Fire, but we can't really cover everything, and I think it's a reasonable fish.
Of course, you can edit the team yourself, and take up those suggestions one by one. If you want to keep your original team, however, I would suggest using Stealth Rock on Pawniard instead of Swords Dance, since hazards are very useful in general, and Swords Dance is hard to use when Pawniard is forced out by Mienfoo.
I hope this helped, your team was already very fun to play with. Good luck with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)