Resource LC Team Swap

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
approved by Mambo

INTRO
The Team Shop thread, while very useful and cool and good, has died down recently. This is understandable - the "employees" are busy both on smogon and in real life, meaning the demand for teams far outstrips the resources to make them. Which, again, is a common fate befalling team shops - you cant force a dude to work for you on smogon.com. But it would still be nice to have an outlet where you can funnel ideas you want a different perspective on for whatever reason.

Enter the Team Swap. Here, you can post decently developed concepts for a team (try to have at least a set for a mon with an idea for a teammate type, ex. full skrelp set + fast vswitch user) you want to see someone else take a crack at and have another lc user build a team for you or even with you. After you have the team, you playtest it, search for weaknesses, the normal team things. One of the main draws of a "teambuidling council" system over a general community system has been the expectation of quality attendant with establishment as an experienced lc builder, but a similar quality-control method need not disappear here. You can talk with the builder about the squad or use the LC Bazaar thread to get yet another look at the team, hopefully resulting in a team examined from several angles and teambuilding philosophies.

PROCEDURE:
for Requests:
1. Post team concept in this thread. It must be reasonably fleshed out; do not post "build around mon x". Give your builder some direction in terms of a core - doesnt have to be long, but has to convey information. A couple of sentences should suffice.
2. Wait for team. This is important, as you get one request per two weeks, as by old team shop rules.
3. Test and use team. The fun part, you get to slap an import into Showdown!, play around with your team, switch it up to suit your style.
4. [OPTIONAL] Get other looks at your team. You can pm convo your builder directly or take it to the Bazaar thread linked vide supra. This can spot weaknesses you or your builder could not.

for Builds:
1. Build off a concept in this thread. Try to stay as faithful as possible to the pithy descriptions of teams given in the original posts and make sure the team is effective.
2. Share the team. Post your finished product (in import form) in this thread to let your requestor know youve slapped up a squad for them. Make sure it's a good team, though it need not be perfect.
3. Interact with your requestor (if you want): The person whose idea you built on might want to speak to you; I recommend doing it! You'll probably learn about your team and how it matches up to the poster's original vision.
4. Use the team if you wish. Pretty simple, builder gets usage rights similar to a cobuilt team.

Hopefully this project: 1) gets some teambuilding ideas flowing and 2) fosters friendships and building partnerships through the community, which would be a cool thing. Teams will be linked below.

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Request: Life Orb Vulpix with another cleaner, something like Snivy, paired with Tailwind for offensive pressure

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Request: Life Orb Vulpix with another cleaner, something like Snivy, paired with Tailwind for offensive pressure
Vulpix @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 10 HP
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Quick Attack

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Finneon @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 124 Atk / 148 Def / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Defog

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

ThatCrazyRussian

Pretty standard based on what I was given. I chose the sweeper to be BU Scraggy because it benefits from Tailwind and it is a very powerful sweeper. I made Finneon my dedicated Tailwind user, but you could also throw tailwind on over U-turn or Stealth Rock on Archen if that's more your cup of tea. Scarf Mag is to keep momentum and eliminate common threats. Foongus is your fighting check and a free spore.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would like to request sunkern offense. Sunkern + Vulpix is needed; surprised me with the last 4 pokemon.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I would like to request sunkern offense. Sunkern + Vulpix is needed; surprised me with the last 4 pokemon.
Sunkern @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Vulpix @ Berry Juice
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Hoppip
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Seed
- Sleep Powder

Swablu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hyper Voice
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Seel @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Icicle Spear

Nosepass @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpA / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Volt Switch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

Sunkern is its typical sweeping set and SubBJ Vulpix sticks around to set up Sun, with Flame Charge to get around Diglett. Hoppip is a good partner for Sunkern, helping to break down Sunkern's checks and vice-versa, and deals with Fighting-types. This core is weak to Fire-types and Fletchling, so godcore fits in perfectly. Swablu smashes two of Hoppip's main checks in Pawniard and Magnemite with Heat Wave, and Agility lets it clean up late game if Vulpix is down. Seel is the team's glue Pokemon and revenge-killer thanks to its combination of bulk, power, and priority. Nosepass supports the team by setting up Stealth Rock and checking Fletchling. Normally, Nosepass is a defensive Pokemon, but here it has a offensive spread so it doesn't lose momentum. If you replace Vulpix with Heat Rock Riolu this team works in LC UU too

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BoxedOccaBerrys

I have a fairly standard but quite effective BulbaSun team so I figured I'd spare you the post.

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp / Hypnosis
- Quick Attack / Hidden Power Rock

Bulbasaur @ Life Orb
EVs: 44 Def / 240 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Atk / 200 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Heal Bell

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- Defog

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Baton Pass

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

I should probably explain a couple of choices. This team is based off of mad0ka's really good sun team with a few things tailored to address certain threats better. As it stands, the team is quite weak to Ponyta, as it can burn any of the four physical attackers on the team, wall Vulpix sans HP Rock, and threaten Bulbasaur outside if sun and in it if sleep powder misses. As such, the team runs Earthquake Snubbull to deal some substantial damage on the switch in, and also has Heal Bell on Snubbull to cure all those nasty burns. I also added Stone Edge and Baton Pass over other coverage and U-turn on Mienfoo, as Stone Edge does hefty Pony damage and Baton Pass prevents any Flame Body shenanigans. Outside that the team plays like any other sun. Possible changes include replacing that horrid Scarf SR Pawniard with a defog Stunky and moving SR over to Archen, but that's up to you!

Not sure if this has been put through, but I'm going to request it here, SD Pancham balance would be coolio! Maybe with lowkey spike stack(as in not crucial to performance of team)

Not sure if this has been put through, but I'm going to request it here, SD Pancham balance would be coolio! Maybe with lowkey spike stack(as in not crucial to performance of team)
Yeah, I gotchu man. I can post the team when I get to my computer later

lolbro, yo sorry it took a while for me to get to my computer, but here's your team

Panda Fat Balance

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt / Gunk Shot

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin

Alright, so the team starts with the standard SD Panda set, with Zen Headbutt over Gunk Shot because during testing, I found Foongus to be rather annoying and I felt that I could get by fairies well enough with the rest of the team. That said, Gunk Shot is still very much a usable option on this team, so I'll leave that to personal preference. Next we've got Scarf Pawn, who I really like on this team as he can pursuit trap some stuff, and gives us an (admittedly shaky) bird resist, as well as a secondary check to opposing Pawns. (Panda is not a good Pawn check) Ferro was added to take the team in the spike stack route and just generally provides good team support, with T-Wave, and Knock Off. Ferro also provides a good check to Shell Smashers, who are threatening otherwise. Spritzee, is the best cleric in the tier and provides crucial wish support to the other members of the squad, mainly Ferro. Spritz also serves as the team's primary fighting check, which is a necessity on every team. Frillish provides a spin-blocker and some cool novelty to the team, because you don't really see this thing much. The burns this thing spreads are very nice for dealing with certain physical attackers and wearing down some bulky mons, especially when combined with a full power hex. Frillish actually really impressed me during testing as a special wall; with Evio, you can just recover off Volt Switches from Chinchou, which is cool. Drilbur was inserted as a bit of a glue mon for the team, providing the all-important, stealth rocks, as well as the ability to spin hazards from out side of the field. Rock Tomb was chosen over rock slide because lowering the opponent's speed is incredibly useful when you have a mon like Pancham on your team. Overall, I actually really like this team, which came as a bit of a surprise, as it's a lot fatter than most teams I prefer to use in LC. If I had to describe this team in a word, that word would be: Resilient. Losing a mon early doesn't necessarily mean that your chances of victory are significantly diminished with this team. Smart play, especially one or two strong doubles or well-timed predictions later can keep you in the game with a shot to win in the end.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your team man. Let me know how it works out for you, and do feel free to tweak it to suit you better if you deem it necessary.

lolbro, yo sorry it took a while for me to get to my computer, but here's your team

Panda Fat Balance

Pancham @ Eviolite
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt / Gunk Shot

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin

Alright, so the team starts with the standard SD Panda set, with Zen Headbutt over Gunk Shot because during testing, I found Foongus to be rather annoying and I felt that I could get by fairies well enough with the rest of the team. That said, Gunk Shot is still very much a usable option on this team, so I'll leave that to personal preference. Next we've got Scarf Pawn, who I really like on this team as he can pursuit trap some stuff, and gives us an (admittedly shaky) bird resist, as well as a secondary check to opposing Pawns. (Panda is not a good Pawn check) Ferro was added to take the team in the spike stack route and just generally provides good team support, with T-Wave, and Knock Off. Ferro also provides a good check to Shell Smashers, who are threatening otherwise. Spritzee, is the best cleric in the tier and provides crucial wish support to the other members of the squad, mainly Ferro. Spritz also serves as the team's primary fighting check, which is a necessity on every team. Frillish provides a spin-blocker and some cool novelty to the team, because you don't really see this thing much. The burns this thing spreads are very nice for dealing with certain physical attackers and wearing down some bulky mons, especially when combined with a full power hex. Frillish actually really impressed me during testing as a special wall; with Evio, you can just recover off Volt Switches from Chinchou, which is cool. Drilbur was inserted as a bit of a glue mon for the team, providing the all-important, stealth rocks, as well as the ability to spin hazards from out side of the field. Rock Tomb was chosen over rock slide because lowering the opponent's speed is incredibly useful when you have a mon like Pancham on your team. Overall, I actually really like this team, which came as a bit of a surprise, as it's a lot fatter than most teams I prefer to use in LC. If I had to describe this team in a word, that word would be: Resilient. Losing a mon early doesn't necessarily mean that your chances of victory are significantly diminished with this team. Smart play, especially one or two strong doubles or well-timed predictions later can keep you in the game with a shot to win in the end.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your team man. Let me know how it works out for you, and do feel free to tweak it to suit you better if you deem it necessary.
probably not a "learner" team, for someone like me trying to get into lc, but it seems rly fun, ill get back to you on how it went

requesting another fat team around CB/SD Corphish, maybe with something that appreciates the pressure it puts on shit like foong and chinchou

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
requesting another fat team around CB/SD Corphish, maybe with something that appreciates the pressure it puts on shit like foong and chinchou
i'll take a crack at it, seems valid considering your other request was from the old teambuilding shop

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Corphish @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Haze
- Giga Drain

Gastly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
Welcome to Sticky Web, one of the best strategies for beginners. Surskit should almost always be leading and using Sticky Web right off the bat to ensure that it gets up. However, Drilbur can lead against the likes of Onix so that Surskit isn't lucked by a Speed tie Taunt + Rock Blast. Onix does a real number on the team so make sure you're considering that at Team Preview. Drilbur also has Rapid Spin for making sure Gastly's Sash stays intact and that Corphish and Larvesta take as little chip damage as possible. You wanted it somewhat phat so I decided to run a slow Pawn that can pressure the opposition into not using Defog (in tandem with Gastly discouraging Rapid Spin) and still stack boosts and ravage teams. Gastly runs Sash + DBond for revenging and fucking with opposing Pawniard that try and take advantage of the Defiant boost by virtue of Sticky Web. Hidden Power Fighting is for if you can outpredict them and KO Pawn instead of DBond on a supplemental SD boost. Corphish is the star of the team; get Webs up and click shit late-game. I tacked Larvesta on the end over Vullaby after some playtests because I realized nothing else could absorb burns from the likes of Pumpkaboo, Frillish, Koffing, and other Flame Body Larvesta. This team doesn't have any huge issues with Foongus as it is to warrant having Vullaby just for the sake of it. The team lacks Knock Off absorption, but Larvesta operates fine without its item (see: Morning Sun) and its very presence pressures Foo and Pawn into not Knocking Off in the first place, fearing the 20% burn chance.

Let me know how it goes. =)

Corphish @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Haze
- Giga Drain

Gastly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
Welcome to Sticky Web, one of the best strategies for beginners. Surskit should almost always be leading and using Sticky Web right off the bat to ensure that it gets up. However, Drilbur can lead against the likes of Onix so that Surskit isn't lucked by a Speed tie Taunt + Rock Blast. Onix does a real number on the team so make sure you're considering that at Team Preview. Drilbur also has Rapid Spin for making sure Gastly's Sash stays intact and that Corphish and Larvesta take as little chip damage as possible. You wanted it somewhat phat so I decided to run a slow Pawn that can pressure the opposition into not using Defog (in tandem with Gastly discouraging Rapid Spin) and still stack boosts and ravage teams. Gastly runs Sash + DBond for revenging and fucking with opposing Pawniard that try and take advantage of the Defiant boost by virtue of Sticky Web. Hidden Power Fighting is for if you can outpredict them and KO Pawn instead of DBond on a supplemental SD boost. Corphish is the star of the team; get Webs up and click shit late-game. I tacked Larvesta on the end over Vullaby after some playtests because I realized nothing else could absorb burns from the likes of Pumpkaboo, Frillish, Koffing, and other Flame Body Larvesta. This team doesn't have any huge issues with Foongus as it is to warrant having Vullaby just for the sake of it. The team lacks Knock Off absorption, but Larvesta operates fine without its item (see: Morning Sun) and its very presence pressures Foo and Pawn into not Knocking Off in the first place, fearing the 20% burn chance.

Let me know how it goes. =)
Feedback= Kreygasm , amazing team bro, webs is sooooooooooooooooo fun!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)