Project LC Theorymon Project [Submission Phase] [ded atm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I couldn't hold myself from posting my opinion about what's going on here: to be honest I'm totally against having an exaggerating theorymoning with new ability and moves such as boo836 which is just silly and to a lesser extent Mambo's but I also don't like how buffed those Zubat's stats were, however I think a simple buff like apt's which was adding like only 3 points in Speed is totally fine and similar theorymoning submissions should be acceptable as GameFreak also buffed a bunch of stats in XY so it's a possible thing. So in my opinion a couple of changes that should occur on the rules which are:
  • Allow stats buff as long as you're not buffing more than one stat and you're not adding more than five points.
  • Disallow having more than one addition in your submissions, for example you can only theorymon an ability or one move, not add a whole wide movepool and an ability and a new typing.

Stat buffing more than once is necessary when the Pokemon's stats are ass 9_9. More than one addition is kinda necessary unless we take the position of gradually building and shifting the metagame ourselves.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • Disallow having more than one addition in your submissions, for example you can only theorymon an ability or one move, not add a whole wide movepool and an ability and a new typing.
I strongly disagree with this. There are Pokemon that absolutely require more than one addition in order to function in the metagame successfully (e.g. Nincada). I'm actually against a limit of additions to one Pokemon, as it is going to vary by case and by "theory." However, I think it's safe to say that the community is intelligent enough to determine when something is going overboard (e.g. boo's Skiddo) and speak their mind regarding the topic. I also have faith that other users aren't going to purposely troll this thread (unfortunately this may be misplaced, boo836) and the people posting will be able to determine whether they've given too many buffs to the Pokemon in question.

I've been rolling ideas around in my head for a while and I had a couple pop up. I guess for this post I'll go with

Klink
Ability: Levitate (or possibly motor drive)
New moves: Earthquake, legally available Gear Grind & Shift Gear

Klink has always been interesting to me. It has good enough stats, a decent typing and 2 powerful signature moves to abuse, but its always been terrible, partially because of a poor ability but mostly because of a terribad movepool. I think these 2 things fix up its coverage by quite a bit while giving it a nice new immunity to abuse. (also I feel they fit rather well thematically)

Here's a few pro's and con's for how he looks after this.
  • A mix of decent typing and stats allow klink some ample opportunities to set up a shift gear.
  • Levitate adds to the number of set up opportunities, most notably things like drilbur or hippopotas will be hard pressed to stop it.
  • Gear Grind lets him break through subs and even some sash's / sturdies
  • Even after a boost its still pretty easy to check, and his movepool is still limited enough that he could only really run one or two sets.
And... ya that's about it.

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been rolling ideas around in my head for a while and I had a couple pop up. I guess for this post I'll go with

Klink
Ability: Levitate (or possibly motor drive)
New move: Earthquake

Klink has always been interesting to me. It has good enough stats, a decent typing and 2 powerful signature moves to abuse, but its always been terrible, partially because of a poor ability but mostly because of a terribad movepool. I think these 2 things fix up its coverage by quite a bit while giving it a nice new immunity to abuse. (also I feel they fit rather well thematically)

Here's a few pro's and con's for how he looks after this.
  • A mix of decent typing and stats allow klink some ample opportunities to set up a shift gear.
  • Levitate adds to the number of set up opportunities, most notably things like drilbur or hippopotas will be hard pressed to stop it.
  • Gear Grind lets him break through subs and even some sash's / sturdies
  • Even after a boost its still pretty easy to check, and his movepool is still limited enough that he could only really run one or two sets.
And... ya that's about it.
Klink is unable to run either Shift Gear or Gear Grind thanks to breeding restrictions :(

I suppose you could add one or both of those to your suggestion though?

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
On a fresher note...

Voting!

You can see what to vote for in the second OP :) (shortly)

I am voting for...
Drizzle Poliwag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)