Project LC Theorymon Project [Submission Phase] [ded atm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

y
/

Ability: Infiltrator
New Move: Play Rough, Play Nice

If we're gonna be buffing starters, let's give a little love to Tepig, alright? Goll, that cute lil face! I could DIE!

Tepig's stats are the very definition of average, its typing is meh, and its abilities are pretty lame. I mean, sure, it's got Thick Fat, but what does that do for a Fire-Type? We'll get to the skinny on the new, the great, the lord Tepig, right after this Theorymon checklist:
  • Tepig isn't ranked :O
  • Will it break Piggy? Not even close, not even
  • Brings a positive defensive or offensive presence cause fighting is all over
  • Also every single winner except ninjabug is water, let's heat it up a bit?
  • Adds a secondary typing to a single type mon
  • THE FLAVOR IS IT'S ADORABLE DANGIT
FLAVOR
  • Tepig is just a cute little pig, wandering the land. Sounds like a fairy, doesn't it?
  • Orange and Pink look super cool as a dual typing
  • Tepig is so cute, nobody would possibly be able to deny it access to anything, ever, at all
  • Seriously, you'd have to be heartless
  • Like, how could you even
  • You literally just wanna play with it all day
  • Plus a fun little STAB for a fun little pig
  • what's better than this? just pigs bein' pigs
CHANGES
With a new Fairy typing, Tepig becomes a fantastic way to stop possibly the tier's best mon: Pawniard. Tepig now resists Pawniard's cute little Knock Off and can retaliate with a pretty strong little Flare Blitz. The only way Pawn could beat Tepig is if it predicts and goes for a neutral Iron Head, and even then it may not win. Also, the new Fairy typing lets Piggy beat Fighting types too, idk maybe we could all just Play Nice with each other?

The other two buffs are offensive buffs to give Tepig a little versatility. With a cool little ability like Infiltrator, Tepig can get around dangerous threats like SubCotton, SubSnivy, or other such things. Giving Tepig Play Rough allows it to use two cool STABs on a coolio Scarf set which can hit 15 speed to tie things like Goth or somethin', i dunno. It'd also then outspeed the whole unboosted metagame and could wreak major havoc with things like Head Smash (which also gives perfect neutral coverage, gg m8s).

TL; DR: Cool pig gets cooler, cute pig gets cuter

Tepig @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 12 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Play Rough
- Will-O-Wisp / Yawn
- Roar
idk you can mess around with the utility

Tepig @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Play Rough
- Head Smash
- Sucker Punch
Jolly for if you really need 15 Speed, Sucker Punch for if ya really need priority

Last edited:
Bullet Seed+Rock Blast Minccino
cute mon
Flavor: Idk chinchillas eat seeds and roll around in volcanic dust, so they should spit seeds and blast rocks? Ask Gamefreak, because they gave these moves to Cinccino but withheld them from the lc mon.
Viability: Minccino has had a small niche as skill link wallbreaker, but despite the higher powered move in Tail Slap it is always outclassed by Aipom, which has FO, better bulk, and better speed. Giving it BS and RB would make Minccino a veritable nuke, with high powered skill link moves with amazing coverage to abuse and 18 speed to outpace a majority of the meta. It also has knock off for utility, u-turn for scouting, and wake-up slap (if real) to hit pawn switches.
Fluffles (Minccino) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Wake-Up Slap/ Knock Off/ U-Turn

196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 20-25 (95.2 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Wake-Up Slap (70 BP) vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 21-26 (100 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 116 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 25-40 (100 - 160%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Chinchou: 40-50 (160 - 200%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 92 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 20-40 (86.9 - 173.9%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 20-25 (74 - 92.5%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Archen: 25-40 (100 - 160%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 204 HP / 116+ Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 15-20 (60 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196 Atk Life Orb Minccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 20-25 (80 - 100%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
Change rock blast to force palm so ferro doesn't counter you ass well, pumpkaboo hates knock off anyway

Change rock blast to force palm so ferro doesn't counter you ass well, pumpkaboo hates knock off anyway
I don't think Minccino would put Arm Thrust (assuming you meant that bc force palm is ass) to use that well because of iron barbs, as Minccino would do heaps of damage to itself after life orb and 5 rounds of iron barbs damage. (And it doesn't OHKO ferro with arm thrust, so more damage is taken next turn) Rock Blast provides coverage needed to kill Archen, Dwebble, and also Pony switches trying to get a flamebody burn. It's certainly not a bad idea, but I think ferro might just be better off left to teammates.

Edit: Lol I completely forgot about technician, but skill link is way more reliable. I'd rather keep blast and seed to keep with the mini-cinccino idea as opposed to giving it a move just for steel types.

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
JS Force Palm gets a technician bonus as well as it has a chance to paralyze

but the whole point is to give it the two moves its evo has :U

i guess i would like arm thrust as well to break thru steels but cant have cake and eat it too you know? i would be fine with bs + rb

/

Ability: Solid Rock
(only ability available is solid rock, heavy metal/sturdy op af ;})

Aron, in the current metagame, is very lacking in power and any capability to break through Little Cup's premier walls. With Shift Gear, Aron can utilize free switches to his advantage, and deal damage with a +1 Attack Heavy Slam, while being able to outspeed many 'Mons with the +2 Speed it also gets from Shift Gear. Also, I buffed Aron's weight to 95.2kg , which is the same weight as Beldum (which makes sense, considering that Beldum is just floating in midair), so it can deal more damage with Heavy Slam. Solid Rock also gives Aron more chances to set up Shift Gears, as well as possibly letting it run a bulky Stealth Rock set.
CHANGES
Gave Aron Shift Gear!
Buffed Aron's weight to 95.2kg for Heavy Slam to do more damage.
Solid Rock allows it to set up Shift Gears easily (no Sturdy because we don't need more Sturdy Smash similar 'Mons), as well as letting it run a bulky Stealth Rock set.

FLAVOR
Solid Rock is an obvious choice for Aron, because of the 'sturdy body' the Aron Pokedex Entries like to talk about. Also because Aron is a Rock-type, so there's that. Shift Gear makes sense on Aron, mainly because it's a Steel type. Also, the weight buff is reasonable because of its reputation for its steel body and power.

Sapphire ARON has a body of steel. With one all-out charge, this POKéMON can demolish even a heavy dump truck. The destroyed dump truck then becomes a a a handy meal for the POKéMON.

Something with this much power shouldn't be as light as it is, so a buff in weight makes sense flavor-wise.

ayylmao (Aron) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Shift Gear is used to set up boosts, which Aron greatly benefits from. Aron's new and improved weight makes Heavy Slam a lot stronger and an amazing STAB choice. Rock Slide is to hit bulky Flying-types like Vullaby, not to mention that you can fish for flinches (ayylmao). Earthquake is the last slot so you can beat things like Tirtouga and Chinchou.

ayylmao (Aron) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Roar/Earthquake

This bulky set can live a lot of hits and set up Stealth Rock. Aron's typing and bulk has a very good time against many leads in the tier (Ferroseed, Dwebble, Archen, etc). Heavy Slam lets you beat Fairies very reliably, and Rest is a form of recovery, so you'll never be worn down enough to lose to the things you're supposed to be checking. The last slot is a choice between Roar or Earthquake. This set runs enough speed to speed tie with Skrelp, and Earthquake allows you to do some damage to Skrelp, or you can go with Roar, to phase and rack up hazard damage or get rid of scary set up sweepers like Tirtouga.

196 SpA Life Orb Gastly Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 19-23 (90.4 - 109.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
236 SpA Abra Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 15-21 (71.4 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
152 SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 13-18 (61.9 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180 Atk Archen Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 15-21 (71.4 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO - offensive archen
0 Atk Archen Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 15-18 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - support archen
0 Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 18-21 (85.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO​

236 Atk Pawniard Brick Break vs. 116 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 15-18 (65.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 116 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Aron: 7-10 (30.4 - 43.4%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
108 Atk Croagunk Drain Punch vs. 116 HP / 36+ Def Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 18-21 (78.2 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
108+ SpA Croagunk Vacuum Wave vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 12-18 (52.1 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116 Atk Aron Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 18-24 (66.6 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
12 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Aron: 3-5 (13 - 21.7%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Snubbull Earthquake vs. 116 HP / 36+ Def Eviolite Solid Rock Aron: 15-18 (65.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 116 Atk Aron Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 116 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Snubbull: 14-18 (58.3 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - outspeed n 2hko if bj is gone

Last edited:

Fluff n' Stuff, a.k.a Mareep
New Ability: Fur Coat
New Move: Wish

Reasoning:
Hey, if a dumb poodle's fur halves attacks, then a sheep's fur should be like 3 times more effective than that. Anyways, this little beauty has never been viable ever but a massive gain in bulk plus reliable recovery could make it an extremely reliable cleric. Flavor wise I'm not really sure what quantifies what can and can't wish but I think it fits fine on something so cute.

Pros n' Cons:
  • It becomes a bit of a physically defensive behemoth. Even if its eviolite gets knocked off, it can take some serious punishment.
  • Has a pretty decent special attack going for it
  • It's coverage is pretty lackluster, mostly relying on hidden powers
  • Has a lot trouble with bulky ground types like hippopotas and especially mold breaker drilbur.
  • Has a tough time fitting both protect and wish on a set without forfeiting something important

Anyways heres some stuff

Mareep @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpDef
Ability: Fur Coat
Bold Nature
Discharge / Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass / Toxic
Heal Bell / Protect
Wish

236 Atk Life Orb Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Mareep: 6-8 (27.2 - 36.3%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Mareep: 8-10 (36.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Fur Coat Mareep: 12-14 (54.5 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Mareep: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Diglett Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Mareep: 9-13 (40.9 - 59%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO

Yikes, that might be a little bit better than I originally thought. Well I'll still post it since I went to all this trouble. If its broken then I apologize.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My proposal this round is Ice/Ground Amaura + 8 Special Attack.

Amaura has everything going for it but it's currently god-awful typing. Its Ice STAB is fantastic, it has decent defenses, access to Stealth Rock and its Speed isn't too shabby either. But in its current state, it simply isn't bulky enough to utilize those assets. Two quadruple weaknesses really aren't conducive for what Amaura wants to do. Changing Rock into Ground makes Amaura much better at taking teams on, and as such, Rock Polish and Offensive Stealth Rock are now viable sets. It loses its own Stealth Rock weakness and picks up STAB on Earth Power, allowing it to annihilate Chinchou and Pawniard, while Hyper Voice cuts through the rest.

Fluff n' Stuff, a.k.a Mareep
New Ability: Coat
New Move: Wish

Reasoning:
Hey, if a dumb poodle's fur halves attacks, then a sheep's fur should be like 3 times more effective than that. Anyways, this little beauty has never been viable ever but a massive gain in bulk plus reliable recovery could make it an extremely reliable cleric. Flavor wise I'm not really sure what quantifies what can and can't wish but I think it fits fine on something so cute.

Pros n' Cons:
  • It becomes a bit of a physically defensive behemoth. Even if its eviolite gets knocked off, it can take some serious punishment.
  • Has a pretty decent special attack going for it
  • It's coverage is pretty lackluster, mostly relying on hidden powers
  • Has a lot trouble with bulky ground types like hippopotas and especially mold breaker drilbur.
  • Has a tough time fitting both protect and wish on a set without forfeiting something important

Anyways heres some stuff

Mareep @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpDef
Ability: Fur Coat
Bold Nature
Discharge / Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass / Toxic
Heal Bell / Protect
Wish

236 Atk Life Orb Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Mareep: 6-8 (27.2 - 36.3%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Mareep: 8-10 (36.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Fur Coat Mareep: 12-14 (54.5 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Mareep: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Diglett Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Mareep: 9-13 (40.9 - 59%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO

Yikes, that might be a little bit better than I originally thought. Well I'll still post it since I went to all this trouble. If its broken then I apologize.

One of the first things I wanted to try was this. Thing is that it is super broken. Walls everything to hell.

My proposal is a Dark/Fighting Inkay with Sucker Punch

In the current metagame, Inkay is terrible, with a horrendous typing of Dark/Psychic, and a not so good movepool, paired with its 45 base speed. Makes it terrible, having no resistances and 1 immunity. With a mega-weakness to Pawniard, and other pokemon knock off and sucker punch users.

Now bring along Dark/Fighting Inkay, now with a much better defensive typing + a stab Contrary Superpower, it allows it to be pawniards worst nightmare with a new resistance to knock off and sucker punch, it makes it a great pokemon to fight it off. Plus sucker punch gives it stab priority that it can use to knock abra off the radar.

Inkay @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 28 Def / 68 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
Superpower is an obvious, since it gives it a powerful, STAB boosting move that it can use, Sucker Punch since it has less speed than normal, scarf Inkay, Knock Off for a nice dark stab, and destiny bond to take slower pokemon with you.

With 156 speed, it hits 14 speed which is slower than normal, it gives you more in defense.
14 speed is faster than Larvesta, Pancham, Porygon, Zigzagoon, Pumkaboo-S, and Amaura, which it can do a lot more damage to.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

55/70/40/60/40/40
Snow Cloak/Rattled
8.5 kg
+Aqua Jet, Ice Shard
(Submitted by cityfolk)

44/48/65/50/64/43
Torrent/Scrappy/Rain Dish
9 kg
+Slack Off
(Submitted by Obvious Power)

55/50/40/40/40/75
Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link
5.8 kg
+Bullet Seed, Rock Blast
(Submitted by Omastar42)

/

65/63/45/45/45/45
Blaze/Infiltrator/Thick Fat
9.9 kg
+Play Rough, Play Nice
(Submitted by H&MBerkeley)

/

50/70/100/40/40/30
Solid Rock
kg
+Shift Gear
(Submitted by Inscribe)

50/40/40/65/45/35
Static/Fur Coat/Plus
7.8 kg
+Wish
(Submitted by leingodf8)

/

77/59/50/75/63/46
Refrigerate/Snow Warning
25.2 kg
+No Moves
(Submitted by The Avalanches)

VOTE

Last edited:
Tepig

very well thought out, though I think it could still be expanded (and I'm not a fan of Infiltrator). Can't wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)