Project LC Theorymon Project [Submission Phase] [ded atm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Tepig: 4
Inkay: 1
Mareep: 1
Amaura: 4
Squirtle: 2
Minccino: 6
Aron: 2

YAY MINCCINO WINS (ugh tepig tho) k submit

Tympole + Ground-type:
So one of the problems that plagues Tympole is its electric weakness, and adding a Ground-typing alleviates that(unless ring target o.o). Now Tympole can counter Chinchou effectively, which is huge. Also able to counter: Magnemite, Croagunk, Tirtouga, Staryu, Skrelp, Trubbish, and Elekid (going through a-b ranks and I think it counters all of these mons but if it doesn't don't crucify me as I play very little lc). It also checks: Ponyta, Omanyte, Larvesta, Corphish, Houndour, Onix, Shellder. (once again don't crucify me if these are wrong). Here is what I believe a sample set would look like:

Tympole @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 84 Spe (I just took the evs from the rain sweeper set because I don't know all the benchmarks and whatnot)
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind

Icy Wind is there mainly to ease prediction vs stuff like Elekid and beat Archen 1v1, Scald over Hydro Pump cause iirc all hydro pump did was OHKO tite in rain. everything else is standard. Tympole could return to its roots and try a rain sweeper set since it no longer stacks an electric weakness, but then you lose so many switch in opportunities.

With this new submission, I have done it, I have turned one of LC's worst pokemon, into one that is at least worth using............No not Magikarp, I present you with

Tynamo new and improved!
Tynamo has always been one of my favorite pokemon, and I wanted to improve it by giving it select moves from the movepool of Eelektrik and Eelektross, it is all here. With these moves, Tynamo can become a somewhat good mon in LC, so I see an interesting little (cup) set coming

Bulky pivotish
Tynamo @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 72 Def / 236 SpA / 196 SpD
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

This set is more based on Special Defense, as Acid Spray lowers the opponents SpA Harshly, punishing special attackers and forcing them out, you use Giga Drain to get health back, Volt Switch to get out, Thunderbolt for a strong STAB move, flamethrower to deal with steel and grass types, which resist most of your attacks, and thunder wave to paralyze foes.

Gosh Tympole and Tynamo are both so creative, and both sound like the same.
But anyway, I would like to submit Normal/Fairy Buneary with Pixilate

Buneary_XY.gif

Buneary @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 228 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch/ Jump Kick
- Return
- Healing Wish

Flavor: It is mainly the cutesy pokemon that get retyped to fairy, and I definitely think that Buneary is cute enough for a that fairy typing. Buneary also gets Healing Wish, which also gives it a more "fairy- ish" feel to it.

Reason: There really isn't an offensive fairy type nuke that can go all out and sweep. Buneary would be the first Fairy to be able to do this. Buneary could potentially lessen the viability of fighting types a little, and definitely give added benefit to defensive Poison types like Foongus. Buneary might even make Trubbish relevant again. IDK. Buneary lacks a very solid ability, and has basically 2 mediocre, kinda usable ones. Pixilate would give Buneary a godsend ability to utilize with it's normal moves. Buneary would be great on Hyper Offensive teams, and might make people try Hyper Offense instead of going with the very safe bulky offense/stall (which is the only thing I know how to play semi- well), because it gets Healing Wish. Buneary hits the coveted 19 speed tier, has fake out for sturdies and sashes, and looks cute while it's killing you.

Buneary doing damage and taking lives.

228 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Buneary Return vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Eviolite Chinchou: 16-19 (64 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
228 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Buneary Return vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 13-17 (48.1 - 62.9%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO
228 Atk Life Orb Buneary Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 10-13 (41.6 - 54.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
228 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Buneary Return vs. 236 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Porygon: 13-17 (50 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buneary using resisted attacks
228 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Buneary Return vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 8-9 (32 - 36%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO
228 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Buneary Return vs. 0 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Ponyta: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 84.4% chance to 3HKO

LO Mienfoo doing dmg. (Comparing damage to show that Buneary doesn't completely rip up souls like nobody has every seen before)
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Eviolite Chinchou: 16-19 (64 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Same exact dmg as Buneary.

Buneary "Taking" hits (to show that Buneary is still pretty frail, so it is not completely out of hand.)

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Buneary: 18-22 (81.8 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Ferroseed Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Buneary: 12-18 (54.5 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Foongus Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Buneary: 20-26 (90.9 - 118.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO FOONGUS BEST BUNEARY ANSWER
76 Atk Ponyta Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Buneary: 21-25 (95.4 - 113.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO ALSO GREAT BUNNY ANSWER!

dhelmise

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
With this new submission, I have done it, I have turned one of LC's worst pokemon, into one that is at least worth using............No not Magikarp, I present you with

Tynamo new and improved!
Tynamo has always been one of my favorite pokemon, and I wanted to improve it by giving it select moves from the movepool of Eelektrik and Eelektross, it is all here. With these moves, Tynamo can become a somewhat good mon in LC, so I see an interesting little (cup) set coming

Bulky pivotish
Tynamo @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 72 Def / 236 SpA / 196 SpD
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

This set is more based on Special Defense, as Acid Spray lowers the opponents SpA Harshly, punishing special attackers and forcing them out, you use Giga Drain to get health back, Volt Switch to get out, Thunderbolt for a strong STAB move, flamethrower to deal with steel and grass types, which resist most of your attacks, and thunder wave to paralyze foes.

what are you adding...?

what are you adding...?
Sorry I cant explain more im on mobile.

In essence I gave some of the moves that Eelektrik and Eelektross can learn within reason to Tynamo (so no ice punch, knock off Namo), since it can normally learn 5 moves, tackle, spark, CBeam, T-wave, and magnet rise, making it on of LC's worst pokemon. To simplify that, I gave Tynamo moves.

Alright this ones really out there... like really out there. Probably way too far out there. But I like it so I'll give my reasoning at least.

Elgyem
New Stats: +50 Def (105 Defense), -50 SpDef (5 SpDef), +35 Spe (65 Spe), -35 Atk (20 Atk)

I told you it was out there. Alright heres the thought I put into this. Elgyem is about as generic as they come. He's less bulky than munna and less powerful than solosis, putting him somewhere in the middle between the two. This leaves him with no real niche. So I set about thinking what could make him stand out from the rest of the crowd. At first I went about looking at different abilities or typing but nothing really stood out. Then when I went to look at what he learns I noticed one move that never gets any attention because its random as all heck, Wonder Room. Wonder room sits at the top of Elgyem's movepool, the greatest achievement any little green man can hope to achieve. Its such a weird move, and Elgyem is such a weird pokemon... I figured if any pokemon should be able to break it, it should be this little guy. And thus came about this movement of stats.

Alright so I've been messing around with the numbers a little an this seems to work out ok. I was originally thinking of giving him prankster and not messing with the speed stat, but after some consideration that seemed too powerful. 65 Speed pushes LGM up to 17 speed max, which puts him in a decent speed bracket in which to set up a wonder room if need be. With pseudo 105/105 defenses, and access to recover, elgyem could become a very difficult wall for a lot of pokemon to take down.

Flavor wise I don't think this messes with anything too much. Hes a crazy alien, his martian logic is far beyond our puny earth minds. He was always way to generic for my liking to begin with.

Elgyem @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature

Wonder Room
Recover
Psychic
Signal Beam / Hidden Power Fighting

And thats it really. This really is a pretty massive change to Elgyem's playstyle, and might not even be very good. But at least it makes our little green friend more unique, and thats all I really want.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
omg no leingod i was literally just gonna do elgyem (psychic/steel imo cause it's a ufo but yours is so much fun)

i'll edit mine in in a minute

I'm not sure if this is overboard or not but the idea is the same for all of them sooooo...

introducing
BASEDSQUAD PANSQUAD

Ability: Prankster
Mandatory Checklist
  • None of them are ranked
  • Probs won't make them broken, I mean they're basically Cottonee
  • Brings some sweet defensive/utility mons to an offensively oriented meta (esp. with Drizzlewag 0_o)
  • No type changes
  • Monkeys are known for being mischievous little buggers and pranks seem right up their alley
Changes

With the addition of Prankster, all three Pans make excellent utilitymons, though they remain fairly frail and/or unable to hit hard. The best aspect of this theorymon set is that now there is some versatility in utilitymons. All three possess swaggin support moves that were held back by their lackluster speed. just to give you an idea of the sheer utility these three can have, here are a list of (mostly) usable moves that are prioritized by Prankster (super swaggin moves are listed in bold):

Toxic, Taunt, Torment, Nasty Plot, Substitute, Work Up, Recycle, Rest

Rain Dance
, Aqua Ring, Water Sport

Nature Power (priority attack 0_o), Leech Seed, Sunny Day, Synthesis

Amnesia, Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp, Yawn

Just the sheer amount of utility that each Pan provides is almost mindboggling. Also, did I mention they outspeed Fletchling? They also beat every entry hazard setter, especially Surskit.

Possible Sets

Rain Support

Panpour @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 Def / 212 SpD / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Substitute / Taunt
- Nasty Plot / Knock Off
- Scald

SubSeed + RecycleJuice
Pansage @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 212 Def / 12 SpA / 56 SpD / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Recycle

Rainkiller
Pansage @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Synthesis
- Bullet Seed
- Gunk Shot / Knock Off

Physical Check
Pansear @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 212 Def / 92 SpA / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt / Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Substitute / Nasty Plot

All Kinds of Setup (i.e. wish u were here swirlix lol)
Pansear @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 132 Def / 132 SpD / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Amnesia
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Spreads are meh but it's an example for a reason; you can literally do almost anything

TL;DR: Pansquad is here to prank you up

TL;DR2.0: Cottonee in three flavors

Last edited:
I'm going to talk about something that QuoteCS brought up yesterday and that I totally agree with and it's the fact that this project doesn't seem to be helpful the way it is at the moment (not intending to be rude or anything), we just think of some cool stuff that can be given to mediocre mons, post them, we vote, we get a winning submission and that's it, that doesn't have any use to be honest. So yeah, to fix that I suggest that we have a period after the voting ends and the winning set gets selected when we talk about the impact of the mon in the current meta with the stuff it was given, some potential sets, teammates, etc..

I'm going to talk about something that QuoteCS brought up yesterday and that I totally agree with and it's the fact that this project doesn't seem to be helpful the way it is at the moment (not intending to be rude or anything), we just think of some cool stuff that can be given to mediocre mons, post them, we vote, we get a winning submission and that's it, that doesn't have any use to be honest. So yeah, to fix that I suggest that we have a period after the voting ends and the winning set gets selected when we talk about the impact of the mon in the current meta with the stuff it was given, some potential sets, teammates, etc..
imo the issue is the restrictions out in place. Few Pokemon actually have viable niches in LC, because their stats are ass. While I appreciate we shouldn't completely alter Pokemon, we can't really complain about drastic changes needed to make unlisted or D rank mons viable.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Definitely agree with this. A little mini-meta discussion thread sounds like a lot of fun and really will be helpful when this becomes playable...

This raises the question: when will this become playable? Is it a certain number of theorymons or are we waiting on a server?

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I completely agree with Yagura, tbh, I want a day at least for us to discuss the winners. Most of them are so damn interesting, and it would be a shame just to vote them through and move on.

Here is my submission.

+ Mach Punch, Drain Punch
Art by up-and-comer The Avalanches

Adding another layer of Fairy-type weakness wouldn't dampen Axew's viability any further, really. Although Axew is now serious prey for Fletchling as well as Gothita and Abra, a +1 Drain Punch off 17 Attack can crumble opposing Steel-types in addition to getting excellent coverage alongside Outrage/Dragon Claw. This gives Axew a new lease as a sweeper, as a secondary STAB and semi-reliable recovery are able to greatly boost its usability. With a Life Orb, Axew hits even harder after a Dragon Dance boost, OHKOing Ferroseed with Drain Punch, a Pokemon that would ordinarily wall it. Mold Breaker makes Axew's job easier too, as it can OHKO Magnemite and Sturdy Tirtouga.

Although Fairy-types wall Axew, Ponyta is a good teammate, as it can burn physical threats to Axew while checking the Fairy types that beat it. The same is true for Foongus and Croagunk, as they can beat Fairy types while providing Spore and Knock Off support respectively.

Last edited:

dhelmise

Social Media Head
The main cause of this is the fact that i cant get anyone to host it for me. I was actually planning on having a cool down period after this because I too thought this.

dhelmise

Social Media Head
OMG I'm SOO sorry!!!

You can vote for:

Pan___'s + Prankster

Axew and Dragon/Fighting + Mach Punch, Drain Punch

Tympole + Ground-Type

Normal/Fairy Buneary and Pixilate (vote imo)

im voting for Baeneary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)