Tournament LCPL X - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DCringe's Unofficial Unbiased Power Rankings
(Disclaimer: If you are offended by these fun PRs, you should go outside)

:ss/Archen:
Archens (PR Rank: 4)
SS Rank: 3 (#6, #12, #15, #17) / SM Rank: 5 / XY Rank: 3 / BW Rank: 5 / DPP Rank: 8

Tazz returns as manager, hoping to return the dino birds to championship status like LCPL 8. After stealing Boulicrok for 10k, Tazz solidified a strong SS core by drafting King Leo V, the blue baby boy, and resident weeb #2 Chloe. The team's SS has the firepower to take on any SS core, especially if BBB can get back into form. However, the oldgens of this team might be the team's downfall. Tazz's fail upbids led to him getting a 12k inactive DPP slot, which is now being slotted by a monotype main, and a second BW player, who actually got traded for a good return. Overall, the team will live or die by their SS and Corckscrew; a bad showing by their SS could lead to a repeat of their Week 1 showing.

:ss/rolycoly:
Kohlis (PR Rank: 3)
SS Rank: 1 (#1, #4, #10, #23) / SM Rank: 8 / XY Rank: 8 / BW Rank: 7 / DPP Rank: 1

Top heavy does not begin to describe the build-up of this team. #1 ranked LCer and youtuber Serene Grace constructed a SS juggernaut consisting of LC circuit champion kythr, resident weeb #3 watashi, and toxic crawDaunt VoltSwitch. This is further supported by #1 ranked DPP Nails, who hopes to capitalize on his past DPP LC success and dominate this pool. This team has a really strong tiebreak and should be able to win a couple weeks from their "guaranteed slots". To compensate for his spendings, the rest of the team is filled out by 3k buys. Blimax, Splash, and fran17 are ranked near the bottom of their pools but demonstrated their upsides by getting crucial wins in Week 1. This is a good sign and will surely be needed when their strong slots have bad days, especially since the subs are mostly SS focused.

:ss/oshawott:
Oshawotts (PR Rank: 6)
SS Rank: 7 (#13, #22, #24, #32) / SM Rank: 2 / XY Rank: 5 / BW Rank: 3 / DPP Rank: 3

The Oshawotts drafted a whole bunch of people and instituted a channel dedicated to feet. What could possibly go wrong??? The team is headlined by the Jox + Fille core; expect them to be drunk at 3 am and get a bunch of wins for the team. This core is accompanied by Toadow and HSOWA, which are at the top echelon of their pools, and the self-sufficient Mikaav, who was underrated in the PRs. The rest of the team is considered by many to be average at best. First time manager Jox drafted an army of 3-5k picks that could have been used to grab a more expensive player. The team doesn't have a lot of pressure to perform, which may be beneficial to the many first time LCPL players on the roster, and has a bunch of upsides, shown by their Week 1 performance. Also, their team chat is PR ranked 1 by a mile.

:ss/Pancham:
Panchams (PR Rank: 2)
SS Rank: 6 (#9, #14, #27, #30) / SM Rank: 4 / XY Rank: 2 / BW Rank: 2 / DPP Rank: 4

The Panchams might be the most balanced team in the draft. Steal retain Wail Wailord is accompanied by Discord main and Budew wielder Shrug, Croagunk user and boomer Heysup, giveaways hater Finchinator, and the reliable iss. These 5 are expected to perform in their respective slots and bring this team much-needed wins. The remaining slots are pretty decent as well, with MZ and Meta being tour players with prior LC experience and imanalt being a three time LCPL champ and piloting DPP. The slots are also Sciroccoo, Raj Shoot, Mcsim, and grizzz ready to sub in SS at any time. Expect a lot of techs from this team and a whole lot of slowpoke and cottonee usage.

:ss/phanpy:
Phanpys (PR Rank: 7)
SS Rank: 8 (#20, #21, #26, #31) / SM Rank: 1 / XY Rank: 1 / BW Rank: 4 / DPP Rank: 6

Last year's champs return with the same formula: spend big on old gens and put tour players in SS. The Starmasters are headlined by the core of Star + Levi. These two are expected to top their respective pools while supporting their teammates with enough teams to start another LCPL. This oldgen core is further strengthened by bugzinator and obii, two players that are expected to defy their average PR ranks. Of course, when u spend big on one section, another section is gonna tank. The Phanpys' SS core is ranked last due to having only 1 "mainer". Mainer bias aside, this SS core has the opportunity to do serious damage, shown by their Week 1 demolishing of the Panchams and would have gone 4-0 (IF ONLY SJNEIDER CAN WIN WITH A +2 SUB SCRAGGY - ojr ). Expect the KSG + Star + Levi support to come through. This team always gets ranked low and makes playoffs, so expect the same this time.

:ss/shellos:
Shellos (PR Rank: 8)
SS Rank: 5 (#7, #8, #28, #29) / SM Rank: 6 / XY Rank: 7 / BW Rank: 6 / DPP Rank: 5

Shellos, referred to as Team Central + Italy by tyranteeeno, are viewed as last by the power rankers. The team actually has a very decent SS core; Laroxyl and Burntzebra are very capable players, with Laroxyl also being an excellent builder, while zeriloa is underrated on PRs (as long as opponents do not bring a Tentacool). The 4th SS slot is a bit shaky, but Surfy, CMDoge, Voltix, and Albinson should suffice. However, the old gens of the team is much less desireable, especially now with IFM leaving the DPP slot. The addition of Sparksblade to the lineup should boost the core a bit, but most individuals expect this old gens core to be average at best. Being the 8th ranked team sucks, but the only direction this team can go is up.

:ss/skitty:
Skitties (PR Rank: 1)
SS Rank: 3 (#2, #5, #18, #25) / SM Rank: 3 / XY Rank: 4 / BW Rank: 1 / DPP Rank: 7

nyahhhh! The perennial LCPL playoff contender hopes to make a splash after revamping the core. Gone are the Europeans and in are the WAP members. Led by low timer Lily and "coke" addict Dcae in current gens and Plas and team cancer Trash in old gens, the Skitties hope to ride their PR rank into a championship. The sheer star power of this team might be able to carry the remaining crew consisting of resident weeb Trace, @everyone Alkione, Tier Leader attacker ojr, and Chinchou user Acehunter. The subs are sorta underwhelming, as Simbo may or may not be washed and Elfuseon may or may not bring a fight resist. Overall, a very good team, shown by their 7-1 Week 1, and well deserving of the number 1 PR Rank.

:ss/Swablu:
Swablus (PR Rank: 5)
SS Rank: 2 (#3, #11, #16, #19) / SM Rank: 7 / XY Rank: 6 / BW Rank: 8 / DPP Rank: 2

SWABLUS nine (fake manager) gave tko n luthier (real managers) free room to draft w/e player they went for the price they wanted even if it made no sense and that's what they did surprisingly though it worked, (prob because there were even worse drafters in the pool). - daunt vs Swablus WAP 2.0 is carried by LC Open champion Ninjadog, LC Open semifinalist tko, and Moat. The team's SS core is bolstered by the acquisition of Z strats and TDK. The PR gods have ranked our old gens core of DPP LC main rozes, Little Drilbur, and Bushtush low, but its aite. They good.

Again, these are for-fun PRs, and you shouldn't be offended by them.
taranteeeno

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
LOL let’s clear this up. i’m not a bad teammate, i’m just really busy. that’s why i put “inactive af” in my signup and also didn’t sign up for DPP.

i was very transparent with managers who reached out to me pre-draft. there’s a reason my friend Jox didn’t bid once. it’s not my fault that the upbid squad chose to pay 11K without speaking to me once about my activity (or at all). even then, i informed the manager of my schedule immediately after seeing draft results and he said we would make it work. i contributed early, only to hear from others in week one that he wanted me sold and banned. very honest and very motivational :( but congratulations on your achievement!

i’m sure the narrative will be “team cancer” instead of “unbeatable DPP brain” but i know it hurts for ya’ll to give me credit on anything. let the certified winners like Imanalt and Fiend continue to explain how my 12-1 DPP record + old gens support in last year’s tournaments makes me bad at team tours.

c̷̡̠̳̦̑͂̎̑͂h̷̻͕̺̻͑̎̓e̶̗͙̿͋͑͜͠ͅě̸̼͚͖̻̌r̶̪͉̩̻̫͂s̶͈̟͐͋̐̃͝ ̵̳̖̼̩̿́͒̍̔͘ṫ̵͇͍̙̯ȏ̴̱̈́ ̵͓̺̾͒̚b̴̭͓̠̲͎̭͐̉̍͊́͘e̵̼̯͖̩͗̽̔̑̿i̶͖̒̔̅̎̄n̶̤̜̰̗͈͊̽͗͜ğ̸̣͑̇̑̾͝ ̷̧̩̪̙̻̘̽̃́̌̎b̴̨͖̳͉͖̂̍̓͘ā̴̬̗͈̩̈́͝n̴͂̒̊͜n̶̗͖̳͒́̕ͅe̶̘̹̒̄̍͆̕̕ͅd̷̝̫̣̿̊͂͛̍͝!̶̣̑̈́̍̕!̸̛̣̙̹͂̾̎͝ͅ

Jox

LCPL Champion
So today Ojr and Gray were suppose to play. Gray was late and Ojr contacted with lily that Gray wasn't there. Lily contacted with me and thats where the story stops... Ofcourse Not!! How do you even dare to claim an activity win like that. If you don't want to play the game than don't even bother comming online. Ofcourse just saying shit doesn't help so I will tell you the real story of what really happened.

Lets start with quoting what Ojr posted just a while ago.

calling act on gray been waiting for 40 mins, lily also tagged jox. I dont really have time this evening so I think I cant really do anything else at this point. our scheduled time was 7pm +2

Alright fair, so you waited for 40min, you tagged Lily that contacted with me. This is basically how the so calling contacting was played out.

1625427811966.png

I told Lily that i have ''Multiple" people to fight Ojr with 2 minutes after she tagged me. And what happend afterwards?? lily just ignored me for half an hour and didnt even bother to tell ojr about it. I rather do not sub anyone out as i want my players to have a good time and get experience from playing in LCPL. But if you don't even fucking care to reply than whats the point. i never knew that activity wins were so easy to get. Why even have subs if you cant even use them.

Did they bother to contacting us while lily was away?

No ofcourse they didn't, thats because they do not care about the game. I tried to get Gray online using Discord and Instagram, I had Fiend, Risi and Gummy as backup to fight Ojr ASAP.

Why did amuse need to go away?

That's a really good quistion so I asked Gray and this is what Ojr is doing right now.

image0.png

A movie.. A fucking movie... sure familie time is important but i do not think that the movie you are watching is going to be 5 hours long. Don't be a pussy and just play your game afterwards. Or are your ghosters already asleep.

The possibility of a dubble sub?

That sounds like a good idea Jox!! that way both teams have a chance to win. that sound like alot of fun but every sollution I came up with just ended with lily saying no

1625429017372.png

If this game will resolve in an activity win than im dissapointed in the lc community itself. i'm a new manager myself and i have alot of trouble figuring out what to do and how everything works. but if you guys wanna ruin the fun for me and my team members than congratulations. you did it!!

Go fight Gray and stop running.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
As I was carefully and diligently following the exciting SS LC games, which by the way are very thrilling (I love the clever use of Natu that everyone is employing), I came across something very disturbing.

Before I mention what it is, I must first express that I'm not easily bothered by the abnormal or the unnatural. I'm not a very organised person myself, so if something is out of place it doesn't annoy me much. Sure I'll think "it would be better if that was in its proper place", but as long as it's not hurting anyone, things slightly out of place are whatever to me.

However, when I opened the fantastic and the highly anticipated game between LilyAC and Sciroccoo (you can enjoy that excellent match here), I was immediately distracted by something. I couldn't focus on the carefully prepared teams that both players brought. I couldn't look away from something in the preview that was very unnerving.

1627238554336.png

why the fuck that teacup floating so damn high

Vileman you're a respected man of authority, and I've known you for many years and am aware how dedicate you are to your duties. Thus, I have full faith that now this issue has been brought to your attention, you'll put in the effort needed to right this wrong. Thank you for your time, efforts, and attention, and I wish you a Bom Dia.

:ss/shellos:
Shellos (PR Rank: 8)
SS Rank: 5 (#7, #8, #28, #29) / SM Rank: 6 / XY Rank: 7 / BW Rank: 6 / DPP Rank: 5

Shellos, referred to as Team Central + Italy by tyranteeeno, are viewed as last by the power rankers. The team actually has a very decent SS core; Laroxyl and Burntzebra are very capable players, with Laroxyl also being an excellent builder, while zeriloa is underrated on PRs (as long as opponents do not bring a Tentacool). The 4th SS slot is a bit shaky, but Surfy, CMDoge, Voltix, and Albinson should suffice. However, the old gens of the team is much less desireable, especially now with IFM leaving the DPP slot. The addition of Sparksblade to the lineup should boost the core a bit, but most individuals expect this old gens core to be average at best. Being the 8th ranked team sucks, but the only direction this team can go is up.
ratio

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to the Kohlis on their LCPL X Victory. Just like last LCPL, I made a comparison of how accurate the Power Rankings were in respect to regular season records. Provided here is each team's record in both the SS section and the Old Gens section. This is followed by the amount of money spent for the players for each section and the difference between the PR ranking and the post-regular season ranking. [Disclaimer: the pricing is not 100% accurate. Also, players that may have been sold back are included in the pricing if they played at least one game.] Hope you guys enjoy the info! :blobthumbsup:

Team Names
Power Rankings
Regular Season Rankings
Skitties :Skitty:
1​
1​
Panchams :Pancham:
2​
6​
Kohlis :Rolycoly:
3​
3​
Archens :Archen:
4​
T-7​
Swablus :Swablu:
5​
T-7​
Oshawotts :Oshawott:
6​
5​
Phanpys :Phanpy:
7​
2​
Shellos :Shellos:
8​
4​

Team Names
SS Power Rankings
Record + Cost
SS Regular Season Rankings
3​
15 - 13 (63.5k)​
3​
6​
13 - 14 (52k)​
6​
1​
17 - 11 (63.8k)​
1​
3​
13 - 14 (50.7k)​
5​
2​
14 - 14 (67.8k)​
4​
7​
15 - 13 (38.6k)​
2​
8​
10 - 17 (42.8k)​
8​
5​
13 - 14 (52.8k)​
7​
Calc: https://pokepast.es/f8635d1a070a8469 - Price was used as tiebreaker for those with same records

Team Names
Old Gen Power Rankings
Record + Cost
Old Gen Regular Season Rankings
4​
17 - 11 (38.5k)​
2​
2​
11 - 17 (45.4k)​
8​
7​
12 - 16 (36.2k)​
5​
5​
12 - 16 (37.8k)​
6​
6​
11 - 16 (32.2k)​
7​
3​
14 - 14 (59.9k)​
4​
1​
21 - 7 (57.2k)​
1​
5​
14 - 14 (47.2k)​
3​
Calc: https://pokepast.es/2ea18ac8e6b84b14 - Price was used as tiebreaker for those with same records

Feel free to comment if something is totally inaccurate (some calcuations were rounded off to make them look nicer.) (Also 777th post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)