LE PINSIR!! OU RMT(orly)

Hello! thanks for taking the time to look at this, and taking the time to help a player out. well anyways, heres the team.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
This is my lead, and a pretty standerd offensive lead to be honest. Close Combat and Stone Edge lets terrakion hit most pokemon for some good damage after setting up rocks, and taunt is useful for stopping pokemon like Skamory from laying up spikes. I envisioned a pokemon that could set up rocks, and then have a decent damage output afterwards. Terrakion also functions as a convient check to Chansey, though it does have problems with faster leads such as Deoxys speed.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja is a very versatile Pokémon, and I wanted someone who could hit a lot of OU for super effective damage. While greninja’s special attack is not that high(103) Protean is very useful for getting that extra damage boost on Pokémon that would ensure a KO. For example, HP fire can now OHKO Bisharp and Skamory, as well as being able to tank a Scizor’s bullet punch. Ice Beam allows crucial coverage against LandoT and dragons, while hydro pump is a generic damage doing move. I originally considered Extraseneory to combat Mega Vensaur and Conk, but the presence of Aegislash convinced me to stay with Dark Pulse. While greninja is generally good, it does have problems with the like of Azumeril and Keldeo.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Excadrill provides a good revenge killer for the team, as well as rapid spin. Mold Breaker allows coverage against Pokémon such as Gengar and especially Rotom-W, as well as the latis. Iron head and rock slide are standard moves for coverage against Pokémon that fly or resist/unaffected by EQ. To be honest, Excadrill is powerless again a very problematic Pokémon, LandoT, which is a big problem for my team.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Mega Pinsir. This is pretty self explanatory, this guy is used as my main finisher. His awesome attack plus Aerilate allows him to have insane damage output, and at +2 most of OU can be KOd. Some problems for this one included faster pokemon, such as Weavile, and pokemon that resist flying and ground. Greninja can outspeed most of OU, which helps out Mega Pinsir, though thinking at the top of my head, Weavile and Talonflame probably cause the most trouble.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Bisharp. I originally had a Dragonite in this slot, however I figured I needed some priority, and what better choice than Bisharp, who also happens to block Defog? Knock Off can do serious damage to most of the tier, as well as KO some common Pokémon such as the Latis and do serious damage to Aegislash. Sucker Punch is the main reason I use Bisharp, as eliminating faster and often frail Pokemon is crucial to Mega Pinsir being able to pull off a sweep. SP allows Pokemon that outspeed MP to be (hopefully) eliminated to make room for the sweep. Last of all, Defiant is a nice ability, especially with the very common LandoT and Aegislash, and ofcourse, Defog.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
Gengar. While making my team, I realized that I needed a pokemon that was good at doing damage, as well as having a decent speed tier. Enter Gengar!! Gengar is a great ADC who has the power to do a lot of damage to almost everything( Chansey dou). The moveset and EVs are pretty self explanatory, and generally this pokemon is used as a ADC who can frequently force switches or get Kos. Gengar also helps(sorta) with LandoT.

Thanks for reading this, and please review! (if you find something that takes care of LandoT or DeoxysS, you get bonus love!!!)

Hi :)
This is a great team but has some big problems. Ground types wreck 1/2 of you team and Fighting wrecks 2/3. In my opinion Deo-S isn't too big of a threat because Terrakion can Taunt lead Deo-S and limiting it to 1 hazard. You can predict Psycho Boost and switch to Bisharp for LO 3 attack set.

I suggest CB Azumarill over Gengar. Gengar doesn't do much for your team other than Fighting and Ground which Azumarill handles nicely. Azumarill has two extremely good STAB moves in Waterfall and Play Rough, and has a trong pririty Aqua Jet. Superpower nails Ferrothorn, a possible counter.
Alternatively Rotom-W can be used to better deal with Skarmory and Talonflame but leaves your team more vulnerable to Fighting types and Excadrill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)