SV PU Leave any webs?

Hello everyone! Usually I don't post my teams this way, mostly since having them be fun is usually enough for me. Recently though I've been starting to get into pu laddering, and I've been doing decently well with a little webs team I've made (I'm like, on the 1200s, which admittedly isn't that high but still acceptable enough I feel). Anyway, I figured that I'd give this rmt thing a try and get feedback from more qualified people!
:sv/leavanny: :sv/houndstone: :sv/heracross: :sv/inteleon: :sv/farigiraf: :sv/kilowattrel:

https://pokepast.es/ee90bcc36481d95c
:leavanny:
Leavanny here basically does the same kind of stuff ribombee does in ou, being setting up webs and fainting. Knock off provides some item removal once they've been knocked down to focus sash, which is useful for boots users who would otherwise not care for webs. Leaf blade and lunge are mostly filler, but they are decently strong physical attacks that could be useful if leavanny survives past the first two turns. Lunge lowering attack can also provide some setup opportunities for heracross and farigiraf against physical attackers. Tera ghost allows for an emergency spin block in case houndstone isn't available or can't switch in, but this is in extreme scenarios.

:houndstone:
Houndstone is the team's main spin blocker, as well as being a decent breaker in their own right. Poltergeist is the main attack, dealing hefty damage even to neutral targets. Shadow sneak is useful to pick off weakened faster mons such as agility galarcuno and kilowattrel. Play rough complements poltergeist pretty well, hitting dark types that can switch in on the ghost stab. Lastly, trick allows to cripple defensive mons that could otherwise be annoying to the team in general. Tera fairy provides a dark resistance if necessary, as well as being a good overall defensive type.

:heracross:
My boy....;-; Heracross is one of the biggest beneficiaries of webs, patching up their lower speed. Swords dance, alongside guts, provides an explosive breaking power. CC, megahorn and facade are standard strong moves. Lastly, tera normal allows to boost facade's power even further, as well as giving a flying neutrality in a pinch.

:inteleon:
Another great breaker, inteleon is capable of taking advantage of webs to use a power boosting nature. Hydro pump is a great general nuke, while snipe shot provides a more accurate water stab. Ice beam allows to nail grass and dragon types, as well as being guaranteed to eliminate gligar. Lastly, u-turn allows to take advantage of any switches they force.

:farigiraf:
Personally I think this guy is pretty underrated. Farigiraf is deceptively bulky, which allows them to nab a nasty plot boost and fire off pretty strong boosted attacks. Psychic and tera blast serve as standard stabs. From what I've seen the fourth slot was usually reserved for agility, but since webs already deal with the speed issue I decided to experiment with dgleam, which allows em to deal with spiritomb and sableye. Armor tail can stop priority moves, allowing the giraffe to set up all over the prankster mons. Lastly, tera fighting flips all of their weaknesses into resistances, as well as giving em fighting coverage through tera blast.

:kilowattrel:
Lastly, kilowattrel is a generally speedy attacker that doesn't need webs support. As well as dealing with all the birds in the tier that the team otherwise struggles with. Thunderbolt and hurricane are standard stabs, and volt switch can allow em to pivot on any given predicted switch. Tera rock and tera blast are actually a little adaptation I made in order to have a more favourable mirror matchup.

Main problem mons (from my experience)
:florges:
Not very immediately threatening, but thanks to the typing, bulk and recovery they're pretty likely to get multiple cm boosts and spiral out of control. Usually I resort to sending out farigiraf, try to boost alongside it and hope I get a psychic crit or sp def drop, but otherwise I'm doomed.

:staraptor:
Just flat out ignores webs and throws out nuclear power brave birds. The scarf set can outspeed even kilowattrel and smack em with reckless double edges (another reason why I made the tera rock adaptation). Houndstone can sort of stave em off temporarily with fluffy, but from my experience they're not a long term solution. That or bring in kilowattrel, assuming they don't have any prior chip yet and are absolutely sure they're choice locked on bb.

:toxtricity:
Like florges, not as immediately threatening or bulky, but still pretty terrifying if they manage to get a shift gear boost for free. Most are tera normal boomburst as well, so houndstone can't even revenge kill with shadow sneak. Again, they're not really that bulky, and if webs are already up they're not really a threat, but if given a turn it becomes a living nightmare.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's read up until this point! Sry if it's a little clunky, I'm still kinda new to rmts. Feel free to give any comments/advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)