SPOILERS! Legends: Arceus Playthrough Discussion

View attachment 403877
I seem to recall hearing something during the leak period about a Foreign Building reference, I guess this is it?
I did think about that but I thought it was stained glass.

But it is about the only thing else, I suppose. You could interpret that as the rift opening (it does resemble the rift just without the dark clouds). Veilstone....has the Galactic Headquarters, so I guess giving it to Cylenne just means it's meant to make the connection from there?
And I guess this thing depicting the rift being in the "foriegn" building would be because it was made by a foreigner in a settlement of foreigners?

Just let us see the painting ya'll made a ton of new assets you can make this one.

e: Wait no the building is in Hearthome. There's no galactic anything there.
I got nothing!

I found a level 43 Cherrim in the sun and this thing. Has broken out of. THIRTY ultra balls.

Even when it was in the yellow and red (including a small sliver!), it just broke out of everything. It eventually killed itself with double edge. The battle went on for SO LONG that it turned to night time and actually changed back to normal form and it STILL ESCAPED EVERY SINGLE BALL. And then kept growing enraged every single time it broke out.

Like, literally no other POkemon, not a single one, has been this bad. Palkia didn't do this. No Alpha pokemon has done this. Not even a rift level 82 Alpha Dusknoir.

what the hell?

So you guys will be nice now and tell me that later in the game you unlock a way to mass-release pokemon.

There is one...right?

So you guys will be nice now and tell me that later in the game you unlock a way to mass-release pokemon.

There is one...right?
I've had that ability for a while? You press, uh, X or something on the box screen. I don't remember unlockign it but I've also not released anything in this game

You unlock it down the line. Releasing Pokemon also gives you Grit items.

Goddammit I really dislike these GO mechanics making it into the main series.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
I found a level 43 Cherrim in the sun and this thing. Has broken out of. THIRTY ultra balls.

Even when it was in the yellow and red (including a small sliver!), it just broke out of everything. It eventually killed itself with double edge. The battle went on for SO LONG that it turned to night time and actually changed back to normal form and it STILL ESCAPED EVERY SINGLE BALL. And then kept growing enraged every single time it broke out.

Like, literally no other POkemon, not a single one, has been this bad. Palkia didn't do this. No Alpha pokemon has done this. Not even a rift level 82 Alpha Dusknoir.

what the hell?
Someone told me there is a bug with Cherrim that prevents it from being captured if it transform mid battle, that would explain why we had so many problems with it.
Speaking of the Cherrim line, while trying to get a second Cherubi (because in hell im using Absorb 40 times) i found this little guy
blue duck.jpg
Half and hour and 3 Cherrim later i found a Cherubi, just to show im having an easier time getting shinies than cherries.
Lonely Spring is the best place i found to grind the Cherubi line as Wormadam doesnt show up there, it has multiple trees and a camp right next to it so you can leave the map and comeback to reset the berry trees in no time.

And just finished the Unown quest, had troble with J (had to look up the meaning of nook and quarry just to realise there is a place with quarry in the name), K (i misread ruins as rains, i need to practice my unown more), V (there are too many dead trees in the swamp and the Stunky wouldnt let me check in peace) and ? (so thats where my clothes go). Good thing i left this quest for near the end, made me remember all the cool places this game have.

Last edited:
You unlock it by having enough Pokemon caught to fill 4 pastures; the fourth one doesn't need to be complete. Doing so seems to be a primary source of the higher level grits.
Ah i see. I noticed that Pokemon do leave stuff behind if you release a bunch of them at same time so I was really hoping there was a mass release. I've only filled up to 3rd pasture so just need a bit more.

Also, I've noticed a funny thing: if in battle you stand behind your pokemon and enemy one, and your pokemon executes a charging attack, you stumble and get flung a bit to the side.

Someone told me there is a bug with Cherrim that prevents it from being captured if it transform mid battle, that would explain why we had so many problems with it.
Speaking of the Cherrim line, while trying to get a second Cherubi (because in hell im using Absorb 40 times) i found this little guy
Half and hour and 3 Cherrim later i found a Cherubi, just to show im having an easier time getting shinies than cherries.
Lonely Spring is the best place i found to grind the Cherubi line as Wormadam doesnt show up there, it has multiple trees and a camp right next to it so you can leave the map and comeback to reset the berry trees in no time.

And just finished the Unown quest, had troble with J (had to look up the meaning of nook and quarry just to realise there is a place with quarry in the name), K (i misread ruins as rains, i need to practice my unown more), V (there are too many dead trees in the swamp and the Stunky wouldnt let me check in peace) and ? (so thats where my clothes go). Good thing i left this quest for near the end, made me remember all the cool places this game have.
Thing is though, it was instantly escaping balls for so long that even while it was sunny, it was still doing it.

Ok, I have a post about my thoughts on the game in progress, but before I get around to finishing writing that, I just want to say that the outbreak shiny hunting method is amazing. (If you are at dex level 10 for the mon, at least).

Last night I got a shiny Chatot, and I am currently at 4 (edit: now 5) shiny Zoroark and counting (trying to get an alpha, female (got it), and various pokeballs). I also happened across a shiny Ambipom and a shiny swinub on my checks.

To be specific about what I've been doing:

1. Once outbreak starts, go check if any of the outbreak mons are shiny. If so, catch shiny. Then,

2. Return to a base camp and save. Return to Jubilife.

3. Go to leave Jubilife---if the outbreak for the mon is still going, head in and repeat. If the outbreak has disappeared or is replaced by a different mon, soft reset and try again.

Note that autosave needs to be off. I think in step 1 you could catch a bunch of mons to see if a shiny spawns, and then if the outbreak ends you can soft reset and then do steps 2-3 to reset the spawns, but I haven't tried it this way. It's maybe more efficient in some cases, but fending off 4 Zoroark at a time is a bit harrowing. EDIT: I do not recommend engaging with the outbreak except to catch shinies. I started KOing Zoroark's to level up its dex entry, and it just got me into a state where the outbreak would end whenever I got back to the area, even after going back to Jubilife and coming back with the outbreak reported, no matter how many times I soft reset. It's possible this happened because the clock rolled passed midnight, I guess, but I had no problems continuing the outbreak indefinitely up to this point. (Even if I got the "you found the outbreak" message).

Didn't manage to get the shiny alpha zoroark. :( Maybe next time I get a Zoroark or Zorua outbreak.

Last edited:

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Ok, I have a post about my thoughts on the game in progress, but before I get around to finishing writing that, I just want to say that the outbreak shiny hunting method is amazing. (If you are at dex level 10 for the mon, at least).

Last night I got a shiny Chatot, and I am currently at 4 (edit: now 5) shiny Zoroark and counting (trying to get an alpha, female (got it), and various pokeballs). I also happened across a shiny Ambipom and a shiny swinub on my checks.

To be specific about what I've been doing:

1. Once outbreak starts, go check if any of the outbreak mons are shiny. If so, catch shiny. Then,

2. Return to a base camp and save. Return to Jubilife.

3. Go to leave Jubilife---if the outbreak for the mon is still going, head in and repeat. If the outbreak has disappeared or is replaced by a different mon, soft reset and try again.

Note that autosave needs to be off. I think in step 1 you could catch a bunch of mons to see if a shiny spawns, and then if the outbreak ends you can soft reset and then do steps 2-3 to reset the spawns, but I haven't tried it this way. It's maybe more efficient in some cases, but fending off 4 Zoroark at a time is a bit harrowing.
The shiny chances in this game are just too high, i havent shiny hunt yet but already found Starly, Psyduck, Sneasel-H and Stantler, thats too much for 60 hours of standard play.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
for those of you wondering it ended up taking 45 Buizel before I found one that met the height requirement lol
Just 6 more to go if you're going for a 100% complete Dex entry! :D

Nice to be warned that my suffering won't end when I finally get this game. Why am I going to go for Absolute 100%? I swear I'm going to burn something tomorrow. In game with Cyndaquil or real life if it still isn't in the mail! Why do I have to wait for a game that's already out?
How many Shiny Pokemon do you guys think I'll find getting Absolute 100%? (I'll be avoiding mass outbreaks because those Shinies are way to common and I'm still guessing I'll find a double digit number.)

A more important question, what are some stupidly rare Pokemon or Pokemon that can only be found in one or two places? (To be clear, I'm counting different evolution stages as different Pokemon because of the catch X requirement.)

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Just 6 more to go if you're going for a 100% complete Dex entry! :D

Nice to be warned that my suffering won't end when I finally get this game. Why am I going to go for Absolute 100%? I swear I'm going to burn something tomorrow. In game with Cyndaquil or real life if it still isn't in the mail! Why do I have to wait for a game that's already out?
How many Shiny Pokemon do you guys think I'll find getting Absolute 100%? (I'll be avoiding mass outbreaks because those Shinies are way to common and I'm still guessing I'll find a double digit number.)

A more important question, what are some stupidly rare Pokemon or Pokemon that can only be found in one or two places? (To be clear, I'm counting different evolution stages as different Pokemon because of the catch X requirement.)
Shieldon, Cranidos, Magnemite, Classic Sneasel, Porygon and hisui starters are annoying as you need to wait until a distortion spawns and then be lucky before it ends.
Cherubi is a tree rare encounter.
Pichu and Munchlax appear early in the game but they actually dont because their encounter rates are abismal.
Bonsly, if you see Sodowoodo then look for moving minerals as breaking them in the two small areas with the line may give you a Bonsly.
Cleffa is another rare baby but not as bad as the others, but is still a kinda low encounter rate in a single place at night.
You need to be a pro baseball player to catch Togekiss, Togetic, Magnezone and any other flying encounter mid air for their 100%.
The middle stage Sinnoh starters appear near the other stages but at a really low chances while the other stages are static.
To get every Rotom form you have to buy the machines from a merchant who only offers a single random item every few days.
Not gonna lie, getting 100% in every mon doesnt seem fun as getting the 10 points in some is annoying enough and i got everyone to 10.

Last edited:
Laventon gives you the other two starters in the postgame at least. I'm out here with Magnemite and Cranidos being the only non evolution and non legendary mons I need. The number of distortions I've seen in the Coastlands compared to the other areas is abysmal.
For Munchlax, if you know the two spots where it's a possible spawn, you can continually scare off the Kricketots by walking up to them then leave and come back in a bit. Somewhat time consuming though.

For the record, you can cheat a bit with some of the rare spawns, using a similar method to swarm resetting: Save in front of Laventon, go back to Jubilife, check swarms, reset until it agrees to give in. I've already maxed out Cherubi and a few of the babies that way.

The shiny chances in this game are just too high, i havent shiny hunt yet but already found Starly, Psyduck, Sneasel-H and Stantler, thats too much for 60 hours of standard play.

[glares in 130 resets/1560 Basculins] Don't you dare even suggest that I didn't earn my baby girl. =P

Last edited:
Wait, is Magnemite not just out and about in the overworld normally? AZ's flashback already established it's existed for a long-ass time
Bizarrely enough Magnezone is catchable normally (it floats around in the Coronet Highlands), but Magnemite and Magneton are distortion only. In tandem with the fact they've existed for 3000 years, it's a really weird decision. (I did see a lot of people leading up to release complaining about Magnemite's inclusion even though it's been previously shown to have existed for a long-ass time.)

Edit: As a side note, does anyone know why the Feather Ball and its variants sometimes clonk, even without the Pokemon aggroed?

Last edited:
Unrelated: I know a few people noticed Hisuian Zoroark looked a bit like a zombie and its markings looked a bit like exposed muscle, but I was not expecting it to literally shamble around like a zombie nor its markings to literally be exposed muscle according to the Pokedex. Fuckin' metal.
Personally I read the dex entry as saying that the red marks are fresh, bleeding wounds, but exposed muscle also makes sense I suppose

MAJOR SPOILERS!

Dear Arceus, the Volo final boss was awesome. Seeing Cynthia's team again (with Hisuian Arcanine replacing Milotic) was honestly a surprise even though I had a hunch Volo was Cynthia's ancestor. I don't know why I didn't start making the connections when he had Togepi and Gible earlier in the run. This boss actually took me more than one try to beat, something I haven't had to do in a while. That gauntlet from Cynthia's Team 2.0 to two forms of Giratina without healing in between (I had a rule where I can't use items in battle) was one of the most fun battling challenges I've had in a long time. Also, the Giratina transformation mid-battle was sick. RIP to anyone trying to Nuzlocke this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)