SM OU Let Me Make Myself Crystal Clear

Introduction
Hey this is my third RMT, I know I should stop xd, but I really wanted to build a team around one of my favourite Pokemon Mega Diancie the queen herself wielding that diamond Excalibur. I think Diancie is such a strong Pokemon in the current meta and I haven't seen her used that much. Also with the recent banning of Arena Trap I think she is able to shine even brighter. I hope you guys are able to make any suggestions to this team if you see any flaws etc.

Overview

Ok so obviously I started with the main sweeper Mega Diancie as the centre of this team.
Next I went with the defensive core of Heatran + Tapu Bulu. Together they deal with stall something diancie struggles to beat. They also check all of her weaknesses as well as each others.
Next I decided to go with mew as my main answer to physical fighting types and a lando answer. It also has Defog support if diancie isn't mega evolved.
Then I decided to go with landorus because it gives a ground and electric immunity, not to mention being such a splashable Pokemon. I have been testing around what the best set for this team is so would love suggestions for that.
Finally i went with ash greninja because its another potent wallbreaker and can set up spikes for diancie sweep. It also pressures a lot of steel types in the current metagame.

Team Analysis

Mavis (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Rock Polish

As I have explained through this post Diancie is the main core of this team. I decided to go for the Rock Polish variant because I wanted it to be the main sweeper of the team that cleans up late game. It is a pretty standard set except I chose a Rash Nature over Naive just to take physical priority moves, mainly Quick Attack from Pinsir. I also personally prefer Diamond Storm over Power Gem mainly because the high defence boost chance is really nice to improve sweeping chances. The main problem with Diancie is the fact there are a lot of bulky steel types running around like Celesteela and Heatran which can effectively wall it. It's biggest threat being revenge killed by the likes of Mega Scizor and Ash-Greninja priority which means it can't set up till these Pokemon are gone.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute

The first member to join the team is Heatran because it is capable of switching into the likes of Scizor with ease and force out other steel types such as Celesteela. Heatran is also capable of removing stall because it is one of the best Stallbreakers, especially now arena trap is gone. This is a massive help to let Diancie sweep. I decided to go with the Sub Heatran set however I have exchanged Earth Power for Stealth Rock because this team needed a reliable SR user due to my Landorus being an offensive set. I have considered a Specially Defensive set which I feel could probably work just as well and add more bulk to this team.

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Terrain
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance

The next addition to the core is Tapu Bulu which covers the rest of the weaknesses to Water and Ground which the first two Pokemon need. I went for Bulu over the likes of Tangrowth because it works well with Heatran and Mew giving them recovery from Grassy Terrain. It is also my main Wallbreaker which works with Heatran to tear down the likes of Celesteela and Toxapex which as I have said are things which wall Diancie. Grassy Terrain weakens Ground type attacks which makes it easier for Mew to switch into Landorus. Fightinium Z Superpower at +2 is capable of dealing with Celesteela which is the main reason I use it not to mention it still does massive damage to anything switching in. The EV spread lets it outspeed standard 16 Spe Landorus and Choice Band Tyranitar set as well as Magnezone while maximising it's bulk more to take hits better from Greninja and Keldeo.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
Mew is the next Pokemon which I added because it deals with my current weakness at switching into the likes of Medicham and Lopunny which Bulu doesn't beat. It is also my best Flyinium Z Landorus switch in as Bulu can't take a hit from it (obviously). It is just a good defensive Landorus and Zygarde answer in general. However, the main importance of Mew is to give the team Defog support as the team can't solely rely on Magic Bounce from Diancie. Will-O-Wisp is for dealing with these offensive threats and then Ice Beam so it can reliably take on Zygarde and Lando 1 vs 1. The EV spread lets it take 2 Adamant Zen Headbutts from Medicham and better switch into the likes of Scarf Lele which is more common than specs right now.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
Now I knew Landorus would work well on this team as it does with pretty much any team but it's immunity to Ground and Electric attacks is why I mainly used it. I wasn't too sure on the set I should use so in the end I did go for a Scarf variant because my team needed something that gives momentum and it is a decent revenge killer as well. I don't think there is much to say about this set as it is standard, U-turn for momentum and Edge for the likes of Pinsir, Zard Y and Volcarona. Explosion is used as just a last nuke against a wall if this Pokemon isn't needed anymore.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
Finally I used Ash Greninja because it is a great wallbreaker to help Diancie sweep and it deals with a lot of steel types Diancie hates. It also gives Spikes support to help Diancie sweep easier in the late game. Water Shuriken adds some priority to this team to revenge kill anything Landorus can't outspeed and take a hit from if it is low enough. It's just a very standard set and I don't think I need to explain anymore what it does.

• Heatran is one of the biggest problems to this team mainly the substitute version as I don't have any good switch ins to it as my heatran doesn't take earth power.

• Keldeo and Ash-Greninja are also still threats as Bulu can tank so much from them, especially if Keldeo is specs.

• Charizard X with EQ is a threat to this team as Heatran doesn't wall it otherwise.

Conclusion
Thanks in advance for looking at the team, I definitly feel like it needs some improvement to solve the first two threats to this team. If you see anymore threats do let me know.

That Diancie looks hecka cool. Just saying. The maker of that gif has good taste. I'd go on, but that's not why I'm here.

The team is quite well constructed and has good potential. Well done constructing this one.

Judging by my knowledge of the current meta, I'd say there aren't any immediately obvious problems. So far, so good. If I change the team, I only open up gaps to stuff like Tapu Koko or enemy Diancie (like, if I were to replace Landorus-T, it would cause these problems). So instead of suggesting upgrades to the team, I can only suggest sidegrades that are in accordance with your threatlist. You should pay attention to the previous assertion; note that this team is merely a sidegrade, not an upgrade.

You mentioned you wanted a team that could better fight enemy Greninja-Ash, Heatran, Keldeo, and Mega Charizard X. I will construct a team that is in compliance with these parameters, while changing the team as little as possible. To better improve your matchup vs. these, you should:
  • Change Mew to Latios. The reasoning behind this change is that it's supposed to provide a better answer to Keldeo, a revenge killing method for Tapu Koko, Greninja, Mega Charizard X, and Rain attackers, while providing Trick support to screw up an enemy Stallmon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and possibly Heatran. All of these will better faciliate a Mega Diancie sweep, which is your original goal. Also provides Defog support in a jiffy.
  • Make Landog a fatty. The rationale for this is because a lot of enemy Landorus-T will be trying to screw up Diancie with Earthquake, and U-turn will contribute greatly to your team. It will also relieve Heatran of Stealth Rock, letting Heatran take out Toxapex more easily. Lastly, it will lure enemy Landorus-T for an easier Diancie attack.
  • Make Heatran a non-Rock set. I believe you're better off with Taunt + Earth Power, as this will let you better kill Toxapex and Chansey which will greatly aid Diancie.
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Substitute

That's all I've got for now. This team will help you more vs. Heatran, Keldeo, etc. Like I said, I don't wanna change the team too drastically, and I couldn't think of any direct improvements – most of them would just leave you open to other threats. That's the best I've got for now, and remember what I said earlier

That Diancie looks hecka cool. Just saying. The maker of that gif has good taste. I'd go on, but that's not why I'm here.

The team is quite well constructed and has good potential. Well done constructing this one.

Judging by my knowledge of the current meta, I'd say there aren't any immediately obvious problems. So far, so good. If I change the team, I only open up gaps to stuff like Tapu Koko or enemy Diancie (like, if I were to replace Landorus-T, it would cause these problems). So instead of suggesting upgrades to the team, I can only suggest sidegrades that are in accordance with your threatlist. You should pay attention to the previous assertion; note that this team is merely a sidegrade, not an upgrade.

You mentioned you wanted a team that could better fight enemy Greninja-Ash, Heatran, Keldeo, and Mega Charizard X. I will construct a team that is in compliance with these parameters, while changing the team as little as possible. To better improve your matchup vs. these, you should:
  • Change Mew to Latios. The reasoning behind this change is that it's supposed to provide a better answer to Keldeo, a revenge killing method for Tapu Koko, Greninja, Mega Charizard X, and Rain attackers, while providing Trick support to screw up an enemy Stallmon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and possibly Heatran. All of these will better faciliate a Mega Diancie sweep, which is your original goal. Also provides Defog support in a jiffy.
  • Make Landog a fatty. The rationale for this is because a lot of enemy Landorus-T will be trying to screw up Diancie with Earthquake, and U-turn will contribute greatly to your team. It will also relieve Heatran of Stealth Rock, letting Heatran take out Toxapex more easily. Lastly, it will lure enemy Landorus-T for an easier Diancie attack.
  • Make Heatran a non-Rock set. I believe you're better off with Taunt + Earth Power, as this will let you better kill Toxapex and Chansey which will greatly aid Diancie.
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Substitute

That's all I've got for now. This team will help you more vs. Heatran, Keldeo, etc. Like I said, I don't wanna change the team too drastically, and I couldn't think of any direct improvements – most of them would just leave you open to other threats. That's the best I've got for now, and remember what I said earlier
Thanks for the rate bro, this does definitely help my weaknesses though it might make me weaker to Medicham and Lopunny if carrying Ice Punch to switch into, but revenge killing them won't be an issue. I will test these changes out and see how they go. ^^

Thanks for the rate bro, this does definitely help my weaknesses though it might make me weaker to Medicham and Lopunny if carrying Ice Punch to switch into, but revenge killing them won't be an issue. I will test these changes out and see how they go. ^^
Id make stealth rocks earth power actually, to help u beat other trans, as well as making lando something of a grass resit such as av tang, as ur really weak to grass and water, and av tang is a great mon in general

Id make stealth rocks earth power actually, to help u beat other trans, as well as making lando something of a grass resit such as av tang, as ur really weak to grass and water, and av tang is a great mon in general
Yeah I was going to run Earth Power but then I need something else with SR. I can go AV Tang over Bulu but I do lose a lot of wallbreaking potential. However im willing to give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the RMT

Yeah I was going to run Earth Power but then I need something else with SR. I can go AV Tang over Bulu but I do lose a lot of wallbreaking potential. However im willing to give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the RMT
I didnt mean over bulu eith tang as bulu gives u the lovely terrain for ur diancie and heatran, i meant over scarf pando, cuz with him ur really weak to water

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
cool team, and I like how you try to abuse mega diancie switchins while building this team, in order for it to excel. however, i had noticed a couple of weaknesses with the team. firstly, it heavily struggles to deal with specs koko, which can 2hko bulu w gleam / hp ice, and isnt rlly pressured to not click those moves by the rest of your team, while rain teams with kingdra are also annoying. additionally, mega venusaur is extremely difficult for this team to break past, which can check all the offensive members of ur team, forcing you to do smthing like go mew, which means that m vena balance teams can win in the long run most of the time. lastly, fires like volcarona and heatran are annoying and difficult for this team to deal with.

>
id suggest running ferrothorn > bulu. the main reason I suggest this is to help w the aforementioned koko mu, but ferro also helps giving a more durable rain check. it frees up spikes for the team. this change does hurt you by removing a wallbreaker from your team, and makes your team a little more passive. drake zyg is slightly more annoying with the removal of bulu as well.

i would now run firium z on heatran and run a more offensive set. with the addition of ferrothorn you can get away w a more offensive tran, while firium tran exerts massive pressure on defensive builds, and is a real pain to switch into. this can also lure vena who switch into magma and try to eq, and takes more advantage of dia forcing in steels like scizor. this does remove rocks from your team, so i will add it later.

i would recommend running an earth plate lando over your scarf lando t. plate lando, especially with subsitute is still able to abuse steel types, giving you another way to break them, it the event that your opponent has a good check to heatran or if it had got whittled. it can also put heavy pressure on stall and defensive teams, and can take advantage of eq mew if it lacks ice beam, which would also be annoying, and punish poisons like toxapex and mega venusaur. this removers your scarfer and speed control.

>
i would recommend running scarf protean greninja over ash greninja,to make up for the loss of scarf lando.scarf greninja gives you the scarfer which you lose, and also gives a pivot which can pivot into either wallbreaker or diancie, and gives you a reliable way to revenge kill volcarona. additionally, scarf gren can deal with heatran through the use of low kick. this does give you a way to rk dd zyg, since otherwise you would have to pivot between mew and ferro, whilst provinding a mon faster than m pert for rain. this does make you lose an offensive wincon, however I feel like changing to structure of the team to rp dia + 2 wallbreakers still maintains enough offensive pressure.

• you could run rocks over defog on mew, to make up for the loss of stealth rocks. you have a spiker in ferrothorn, and magic bounce, so opposing hazards are less of a concern, especially since ur best wallbreakers are immune to tspikes.

• an optional change could be earth power on dia to hit heatran and toxapex, as heatran + plate lando put immense pressure upon mons like ferrothorn, while a naive nature would be optimal to actually check pinsir.

conclusion:

i moved the team towards a slightly more bulky orientation, however I believe it was necessary to improve the rain and specs koko mus. i swapped the scarfers to give you a more solid volcarona and heatran check, and another way to maintain pressure on steels dia gets checked by, as tran has less longativity with z move, while also helping w mons like eq m vena.

you can find an importable here

Last edited:
cool team, and I like how you try to abuse mega diancie switchins while building this team, in order for it to excel. however, i had noticed a couple of weaknesses with the team. firstly, it heavily struggles to deal with specs koko, which can 2hko bulu w gleam / hp ice, and isnt rlly pressured to not click those moves by the rest of your team, while rain teams with kingdra are also annoying. additionally, mega venusaur is extremely difficult for this team to break past, which can check all the offensive members of ur team, forcing you to do smthing like go mew, which means that m vena balance teams can win in the long run most of the time. lastly, fires like volcarona and heatran are annoying and difficult for this team to deal with.

>
id suggest running ferrothorn > bulu. the main reason I suggest this is to help w the aforementioned koko mu, but ferro also helps giving a more durable rain check. it frees up spikes for the team. this change does hurt you by removing a wallbreaker from your team, and makes your team a little more passive. drake zyg is slightly more annoying with the removal of bulu as well.

i would now run firium z on heatran and run a more offensive set. with the addition of ferrothorn you can get away w a more offensive tran, while firium tran exerts massive pressure on defensive builds, and is a real pain to switch into. this can also lure vena who switch into magma and try to eq, and takes more advantage of dia forcing in steels like scizor. this does remove rocks from your team, so i will add it later.

i would recommend running an earth plate lando over your scarf lando t. plate lando, especially with subsitute is still able to abuse steel types, giving you another way to break them, it the event that your opponent has a good check to heatran or if it had got whittled. it can also put heavy pressure on stall and defensive teams, and can take advantage of eq mew if it lacks ice beam, which would also be annoying, and punish poisons like toxapex and mega venusaur. this removers your scarfer and speed control.

>
i would recommend running scarf protean greninja over ash greninja,to make up for the loss of scarf lando.scarf greninja gives you the scarfer which you lose, and also gives a pivot which can pivot into either wallbreaker or diancie, and gives you a reliable way to revenge kill volcarona. additionally, scarf gren can deal with heatran through the use of low kick. this does give you a way to rk dd zyg, since otherwise you would have to pivot between mew and ferro, whilst provinding a mon faster than m pert for rain. this does make you lose an offensive wincon, however I feel like changing to structure of the team to rp dia + 2 wallbreakers still maintains enough offensive pressure.

• you could run rocks over defog on mew, to make up for the loss of stealth rocks. you have a spiker in ferrothorn, and magic bounce, so opposing hazards are less of a concern, especially since ur best wallbreakers are immune to tspikes.

• an optional change could be earth power on dia to hit heatran and toxapex, as heatran + plate lando put immense pressure upon mons like ferrothorn, while a naive nature would be optimal to actually check pinsir.

conclusion:

i moved the team towards a slightly more bulky orientation, however I believe it was necessary to improve the rain and specs koko mus. i swapped the scarfers to give you a more solid volcarona and heatran check, and another way to maintain pressure on steels dia gets checked by, as tran has less longativity with z move, while also helping w mons like eq m vena.

you can find an importable here
Thanks for the rate, I have yet to find time to test the team out but just from looking at it I do prefer much bulkier teams with a few offensive Pokemon so im sure this will fit my playstyle much more than the old team. Once I've done some testing I'll make an update of the team :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)