Tournament LGPE Candy LC Opening Tour (REST BANNED) - Finals (Won by MichaelderBeste2)

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1685306284961.png

$160 Prize provided by gali, Eve, and Sabelette!

Welcome to the first ever Candy Little Cup tournament! Are you a masochist? If so, you came to the right place. This format is notorious among those who know it for being absolutely atrocious, and I want to see what would happen if there were any stakes on it. Candy allows the addition of up to 200 stat points to every stat, regardless of Level- for example, Level 5 Abra's 8 Defense becomes 208. Not only does this mean that base stats other than Speed become all but irrelevant, but as damage calculation scales with Level, it also means Pokemon deal absolutely pitiful percentages to each other (see the banner). Use tools such as Taunt, Stealth Rock, residual damage like Poison, Wrap, and Fire Spin, and consistent damaging options such as Super Fang, Dragon Rage, and Sonic Boom to make progress and deny recovery! Or fail and PP stall idk. Expect pain. Please note that tiering action may occur during the tournament- if a change is made during a Round, it will not apply until the next round.

SPECIFIC RULES

• This is a LGPE Candy LC Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7 Let's Go] OU", with the following challenge command:
    • /challenge [user,] gen7letsgoou @@@ Allow AVs, !!Adjust Level = 5, Little Cup, -Rest
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of One and last one week, but you may agree with your opponent to play more battles or use Rest if you so wish! You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown or smogtours.
  • Replays are required.
Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Identity: I expect battles may be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Resources
LGPE Damage Calc

Round 6 (Finals)
MichaelderBeste2 vs Luthier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)