Resource LGPE Sample Teams

Yoshi

And so the adventure begins.
is a Pre-Contributor

[art by AmirAlexander]

Welcome to the LGPE sample teams thread! This thread will carry updated and ready-to-use teams for not only the OU meta, but for the UU and LC metas as well. This thread will be hosted by a lot of people since not everyone plays the UU and LC metas, but for right now, this thread is hosted by Yoshi for OU, that ivy guy for UU, and Ezaphs for LC. This thread will most likely be updated every month or every few weeks or so to ensure that it reflects the current meta. If something looks outdated or incorrect (or roomauth on PS! or Discord), be sure to contact one of us and we'll fix it with swiftness!
Sample Teams Submission Guide:

If you are looking to submit a sample team that you believe is reflective of the meta, than you are in luck! We are currently accepting teams for all tiers, and we would like YOUR team on our list. Please note that there is a format that you must follow when submitting teams:​
Don't use this team it's really old, but here is where you would put an in-depth description of your building process, movesets, how it relates to the meta, etc.​

You don't necessarily have to follow this exact format, but do try and make your post look nice!​

Last edited:
Guess I will post here~ :

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Level: 50
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Melmetal
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Facade
- Thunder Punch
- Rest

Mew
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost

Eevee-Starter
Ability: Run Away
Impish Nature
- Sparkly Swirl
- Sizzly Slide
- Sappy Seed
- Protect

Dugtrio-Alola
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch

Muk-Alola
Ability: Poison Touch
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Mega Drain
- Rest

Charizard-X has this unique thing to it being that it's a fire type with reliable recovery not 4x weak to rocks. This alone makes it more usable then all other fire types, on top of this it boasts neutrality to Water-type attacks and a resistance to Electric-type attacks making it check pokemon such as Zapdos. STAB Dragon Tail, it's 100 base speed tier and you basically have the standerd mew set(but much stronger) in terms of utility excluding Taunt and rocks, both of which mew can then provide :p. Melmetal is melmetal, it checks stuff like <name physical attacker>. Muk-a sponges Psychic-types/Gengar-M, Cloyster, dual mixed beats the beauty Rhydon and rusty Melmetal. Eevee is sleep status removal for rest and is a major pain with sappy seed once in. Dugtrio-A gives another zapdos answere and more importantly a fast decently strong attacker with eq to beat nido's, zapdos and can at full health check gengar-M.

Might as well, this team has won me most matches in general.

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Pre-Contributor
Used this team to win a suspect tour, overall looks nice.

[INSERT MELMETAL]

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Dragonite
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

Mew
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Clefable
Ability: Cute Charm
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Encore

Melmetal
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave

Snorlax
Ability: Immunity
Careful Nature
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Self-Destruct

This team's core Mega is Gyarados. It has a fantastic defensive and offensive typing, which is coupled with its overall really high stats. It is a mon that can actually fight Psychic-types without fearing them. Waterfall and Crunch are the main STAB moves so they should be self-explanatory. Try to use Waterfall if you need flinch or Crunch if you need to lower the opponent's Defense. Other than that, standard moves. Substitute is a move I use to avoid status such as Venusaur's Leech Seed and Sleep Powder, Melmetal's Thunder Wave (though recently they have started to just spam Double Iron Bash once they see Gyara, probs know what am I gonna do lol) and etc. Due to its high bulk and defensive typing, you might be able to pull off a Sub against a weak attack and thus win yourself some free turns. With SR support, Mega Gyarados 2HKOes practically everything, for example Dnite and Zapdos. Jolly nature is ran to outspeed Dragonite, which as I mentioned is 2HKOed by Crunch after SR damage. It also allows me to outspeed non-Jolly Gyarados. Earthquake is final move, it acts as coverage and hits Melmetal and Muk-A the hardest. It is also useful to hit Electrode on the switch if it switches in (I have had few cases of this). Mega Gyara defeats practically every SR setter (only has trouble against Clefable), so if you believe the opponent will lead with SR, Mega Gyara is a good choice to lead.

Dragonite and Mew can be distributed the roles of cleaner and wincons, depending on the outcome of the game. So you can use one to destroy early-game and later use the other one to finish the game. Dragonite runs the standard set, Outrage/Roost/Agility/EQ, Outrage is pretty good to spam once resists and immunities are out of your way, ensuring OHKOes or significant weakening. Mew runs NP + BoltBeamBlast, which is for me the best Mew set. It is a really useful offensive check to many behemoths in the tier, such as Melmetal that has been weakened enough, Dragonite, along with other things like Zapdos and Rhydon. FBlast is run over Flamethrower due to extra power, which allows me to KO Melmetal from higher HP.

Clefable is arguably one of my favorite Stealth Rockers. It has an interesting Fairy typing for the metagame and has really nice movepool. Bold nature is ran on Clefable as that makes Mega Beedrill's Poison Jab only have around 30% chance to OHKO. After setting up SR, Clefable can use Moonblast or Flamethrower (which hits Melmetal hard). Moonblast can also be used to fish for SpA drops. Encore is an interesting move, which allows it to lock a mon into a move. This will guarantee a switch, allowing to wear down the opponent. When forcing a switch, it's generally recommended to use Flamethrower in case they switch in Melmetal.

Melmetal is one of the best mons, so no reasons not to run it. This set is a 3 attacks + Twave and is doing a nice job doing what it needs to do. Double Iron Bash is self explanatory, just try to not run out of PP, Earthquake is mostly for other Melmetal and for Alolan Muk. Ice Punch is nice for Zapdos and Dragonite (esp Dnite cause EQ is only 3HKO on full Melmetal). Twave is useful if you think Melmetal is a deadweight (such as against Starmie). This will allow, for example, Mega Gyara to set up a Substitute more easily. Melmetal is one of my Psychic checks as well, so if kept healthy, it can do its job pretty alright.

Snorlax is the final member, being a Psychic and special check. This set utilizes Facade as the main move, turning Snorlax also into a status absorber. Earthquake is to be used on predicted Melmetal/Rhydon switch-in, as well against Mega Gengar. Toxic is used to wear down bulky threats like Mew and Zapdos. Self-Destruct allows me to keep momentum if needed and also can net some KOes if needed.

The team is weak to RNG a bit (most of my losses were due to random flinches that I didn't need). Also, it is important to look at your opponent's team so you can decide what needs to be checked. Overall, the team does pretty nice if played correctly.

lengthy description :eyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)