SV OU "LIALIABLINDERS" ROAD TO TOP 100 (1852 elo peak)

Hello everyone, I am Lialiabeast and I have posted some RMT teams before (DPP OU), but this is my first time posting SV OU. That is because, I haven't been into SV at all, and that kinda changed this month, so after a few games with borrowed teams I wanted to start building my own teams. The one I am presenting is literally my first team that I built in this tier, and I only did a few changes, so considering that and the peak, I think that it is a pretty decent team at the very least. Quick shoutout to awyp for encouraging me to always post in this subforum. Without further ado, I give you:

LIALIABLINDERS

(click for team paste)

Teambuilding Process

+
With the perfect timing to start learning the metagame (cause of dlc lol), I noticed that one of my favorite mons, Serperior, can be viable and it would probably fit in an offensive-balanced team like it used to in older gens. Right now it can threaten annoying foes like Garg, Tusk, and even lead Glimmora. I formed a core with Gouging Fire, as it helps with coverage, and both of them can open holes and deal damage to each other's walls. Honestly, this idea of Glare + DD mon felt so good, that I just had to at least try it out. Although, Roaring Moon can be a better fit here, I believe that Gouging Fire can still perform a great role as a setup sweeper.

+
+
Glimmora makes perfect sense as an addition, due to its ability to act as a lead and set Spikes + the ability in Toxic Debris. Also, if the team faces a Skeledirge, it is an answer to it, because I noticed that my main core struggles vs Skeledirge. It's decent attacking power is beneficial due to it's early chip against most foes, making the sweepers job easier later on.

+
+
+
I really like this mon so much right now. It's honestly great! In my humble opinion, it could right now be the best bulky sweeper in the tier with Tera Water and it is also a great defensive mon, that helps the team by pivoting into the likes of Ting-Lu and Tusk. Let's not forget also about its useful ability Magic Bounce that can block opposing hazards that could hurt Serperior (toxic spikes and making sub hard to use for example) and Gouging Fire (basically SR).

+
+
+
+
The king of Birmingham is here. Our priority mon, and late game cleaner felt like a great fit here. Priority is important here, cause I might be in trouble against powerful setup sweeper that already got into +1 but are chipped enough for Sucker Punch to stop them entirely. Also, I used gambit as a switch in to the new counters to lead Glimmora such as Deoxy-S and Iron Crown, and thus trying to gain some momentum or switch back to Glimmora and set hazards up.

+
+
+
+
+
This might seem like a filler pick, but I have a reason why I put it as the 6th member of the squad. First of all, I like the idea of having Glimmora as a Spikes setter and choose a different mon as Stealth Rock setter, thus forming a hazard stack core. Also, it is the Ground type that can deal with new annoying stuff like Archaludon and Raging Bolt. Also, it's the most reliable hard switch in to offensive Tusk out of all the members on the team. Also, providing a Earthquake immunity is always a good thing.

PROOF OF PEAK

(please do not pay attention to GXE since it's the main acc and not an alt)

TEAM DETAILS

Moves / EVs / Tera

Tommy (Serperior) @ Leftovers

Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute

- Leaf Storm

- Tera Blast

- Glare

Description
Serperior, right now, has a great role thanks to its great Speed and ability to open holes with Contrary + Leaf Storm. Pretty straightforward set for the leader of the gang. Substitute allows Serperior to take advantage of obvious switches forced by Leaf Storm, and also take advantage of more passive Water-types such as Toxapex. Obviously, Leaf Storm + Contrary is the main reason why this mon can be a beast, as already mentioned above. Glare is there to support the other breakers like Hatte and Gouging. The spread is a simple fast special attacker, and my choice of Tera type is Ground. Honestly, the Tera is kinda optional, as you can go with Fire for opposing Grass types, you can go with Ice for foes like Dragonite, but personally I went with Tera Ground. This is mostly because I wanted to catch foes like Heatran (that can be a threat to the team), opposing Gouging Fire, and Slowking-Galar by surpise. Originally, I had Tera fire as it is shown in one of the replays below.

+2 252 SpA Tera Ground Serperior Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 186-218 (47.2 - 55.3%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Moves / EVs / Tera

Arthur (Gouging Fire) @ Booster Energy

Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Flare Blitz

- Morning Sun

Description
Roaring Moon Gouging Fire is one of the best physical sweepers right now in the metagame with a busted attack stat and decent speed stat, and of course its crazy movepool. Of course, just like most of the new mons, it can only perform its role to the maximum once due to how Booster Energy works. So, if it's possible it is best to keep Gouging Fire in the back as much as possible, trying to wear down the opposing team before it comes in. It's role is also to remove special walls for Serperior. I will start explaining the spread, because most people would normally use max attack in order to abuse its crazy attack power. However, I decided to go with a different approach, investing in Speed in order for Gouging Fire to act as a reliable revenge killer if the situation is crucial. For example, it can outspeed Roaring Moon and remove it. In general, I wanted to invest more in Speed since it seems that it's attack seems to already be pretty good, and with the bonus Speed it occasionally can force switches and click an easy DD. Its access to STAB Outrage and Flare Blitz are easy choices as move slots and I don't think I need to really explain these 2. Last move is optional, but I went for Morning Sun in order to increase Gouging Fire's longevity and thus make it able to keep hitting the opponent. However, I would like to include that, originally, the last move was Earthquake for foes that can put a stop to Gouging Fire such as Garg and Earth Power Heatran. Tera Fairy is to catch off guard opposing Dragon types and punish them right after, while also it gives Gouging Fire the ability to resist the powerful Sucker Punch from Kingambit.

Moves / EVs / Tera

John (Kingambit) @ Leftovers

Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance

- Low Kick

- Sucker Punch

- Iron Head

Description
Kingambit is the only member of the team that can break thought fat walls that possibly check Serperior and Gouging Fire. These walls can be Clefable, Garganacl etc. However, the main reason is that Kingambit can stop opposing sweepers by clicking Sucker Punch, sweepers like Roaring Moon which has a hard time removing gambit even with Earthquake. In addition, due to the fact that the team already got powerful hitters that, at the very least, chip the opposing 6, it makes it easier for late game Kingambit at 4 or 5 to clean and remove even bulky targets like Landorus-T. Since Kingambit is basically our only Ghost + Dark resist, I decided to go with a bit of a bulky set, investing in HP, but also (shoutout awyp) investing in Speed in order to outspeed opposing bulky gambits, Clefable, and Blissey. This much bulk can still allow you to take on attacks like Moonblast from Specs Valiant, Moonblast (and even Earth Power) from Specs Enamorous, and Earthquake from Roaring Moon (not at +1 tho so be careful, but can still take from banded). Tera Fight is to break fat walls with Low Kick such as Dondonzo, and also having an answer vs opposing Kingambits. I already explained why Sucker Punch is important here, and Iron Head is there to threaten the problematic Fairy types.

Moves / EVs / Tera

Polly (Hatterene) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind

- Draining Kiss

- Psyshock

- Mystical Fire

Description
Probably my favorite mon in the tier right now to use, and for a good reason. Its role is that of a special bulky sweeper and a really good defensive presence that helps the team by pivoting into threats such as Dragonite without losing momentum, and that is why I went for the standard physical defensive spread. Thanks to its bulk, it can set up on nearly everything that switches into, and many times the game ended that way after I got at like +2 Calm Mind and so on. The other moves are pretty standard and there is nothing too crazy about them. Draining Kiss is for recovering and at +2 it can be pretty damn hurtful for the opponent, Psyshock is to beat special walls after you set up, and also 1v1ing the troublesome Volcarona, and lastly Mysical Fire is for coverage against Steel types. Tera Water is obviously the answer to Steel types, and if you can find a good chance setting up against the likes of Gholdengo, then the opponent is pretty much in trouble.

Moves / EVs / Tera

Johnny Dogs (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes

- Mortal Spin

- Earth Power

- Power Gem

Description
Glimmora acts as the main lead of the team, as it is probably the most common lead in the tier and for good reason in my opinion. It can set rocks or spikes, it can remove hazards with Mortal Spin, it can chip opposing leads with it's decent special attack, and most importantly it sets tspikes with its ability. For this reason, Glimmora is a really useful teammate for our main core Serperior + Gouging Fire, and that is because even at +1 or +2, these 2 don't guarantee OHKO in certain mus, so entry hazard chip is really appreciated. Glimmora is also able to absorb opposing Tspikes thanks to its Poison typing, and that's another bonus point to our favorite purple ball. Typical max SpA and Speed spread in order to do as much chip as possible before it goes down. Power Gem is a great STAB move that can even threaten Samurott-Hisui, and Earth Power targets opposing Steel types like Excadrill. Spikes is the hazard that Glimmora sets up in this team, as I already mentioned that I decided to have a different member for Stealth Rock, but if you ask me, I believe that Stealth Rock is always better than spikes in case Glimmora is your only setter.

Moves / EVs / Tera

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Grass Knot
/ Taunt

Description
Here comes the Stealth Rock setter of the team, and our precious Ground type. I decided to go with standard Defensive Landorus with Rocky Helmet as last member, because I wanted a second mon other than Hatte that can act as a reliable pivot thanks to Intimidate, and pretty much it is the only mon that I can safely bring in against opposing Kingambit. Its immunity to Spikes + Tspikes and also resistance to Stealth Rock helps making the pivoting even more often. Landorus-T is also a good partner to Serperior and Gouging Fire due to the fact that it can remove Heatran, without wasting your Tera (talking about the Tera Ground tech on Serperior), it can remove Slowking-Galar, and it can remove annoying Garganacl. That's why I decided to stick with Grass Knot, in case a Garganacl or even a Dondozo tries to Tera on me and start setting up Curse, and that is exactly why it's also a great partner for Kingambit making its "cleaning" job easier in late game. Last but not least, Landorus-T is able to threaten Cinderace and making it think twice before clicking Court Change. Earthquake is its STAB move, and U-Turn generates momentum and bringing teammates safely in. I also kept the 4 Speed, because I found it pretty useful the fact that we outspeed Jolly Kingambit. Taunt is an alternative (I had both versions in seperate pastes) in order to not allow Unaware mons like Clefable to setup with Cosmic Power.

REPLAYS

VS

VS

VS

VS

VS

VS

VS

VS

VS

VS
(^ hitting peak game)

THREATS

I am not really sure if these are really threats, but at the very least they are the most annoying foes that I faced while laddering. However, I still believe that are ways of dealing with them, so let's just say that these are the most likely to lose to if you are not careful.

Lead Darkrai with Hypnosis + Nasty Plot can be extremely annoying to deal with, especially if it actually lands the Hypnosis on your Glimmora. You can argue that Kingambit is a check to it, but Kingambit fears Focus Blast, and I don't know about you but I don't want to risk losing my Kingambit turn 2 or 3. Even Hatterene struggles if Darkrai gets at +2, as Draining Kiss doesn't really do much if you haven't set 1 or 2 Calm Minds up.

In general, Unaware foes are extremely annoying, due to the simple fact that this team is basically built upon setup sweepers / attackers. Of course there are ways of dealing with them. Landorus-T can take on Skeledirge and Clodisre for example, Kingambit can take on Clefable, and so on. In one game I faced a single team full of these, and it might have been a skill issue or not, but I literally couldn't do anything and just clicked forfeit at turn 150 or something. I will only include Clefable here, because you have to be really careful of it being Tera Water + Unaware + Cosmic Power. If it gets the chance to click Tera Water and start setting up on your Kingambit, I won't say that it's over, but at that point it will be a pain in the ass to deal with. That's why Taunt might be a better choice for some people on Landorus-T.

I added these 2 together, because they mean the same tourble for the team. Walking Wake is just too much sometimes, as it can really hurt this team under weather (rain and sun both). Basically, I don't have a safe switch-in to this, and even tho Hatte Tera Water obvisouly can 1v1 it, you might have to sacrifice something first, as no member of the team can take more than 2 hits from this. At the very least you can play around it with Serp-Hatte switch-ins, and try to click Glare on it, so it's not something to be very scared of if you know what you are doing. Greninja hurts us in the same way, especially if it is Battle Bond under rain.

I don't consider this the biggest threat out there, but at the very least you have to be extremely careful based on its set. Pretty much your only answers in removing this is Low Kick from Kingambit which doesn't really KO unless you got some boosts already, and also you have to be aware if this thing is Bpress abusing Stamina. The other answer is Landorus-T Earthquake, but due to its spread it can't take a boosted (from Electro Shot most likely) Draco Meteor from this. As I said it is not a problem at the end of the day, but I hate the fact that I have to either sacrifice something for chip or lose an important member like Kingambit cause of this.

Other versions that worked as welll

THAT'S IT THANKS FOR READING!!!

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for posting yaya, I was going to ask how you deal with Cinderace matchups regarding this team?

Also very cool team and congrats on the peak goat.

1703706070422.png

I've been using this team for a few days, and I like it a lot! Gouging Fire puts in a lot of work, almost always getting a kill or two, and I was surprised at how great a wall Hatt is. I haven't experimented with the alternate Lando set, but I think investing a bit in Atk may be helpful for Dirge, who's otherwise been giving me trouble. I liked your video too, keep up the good work!

I've been using this team for a few days, and I like it a lot! Gouging Fire puts in a lot of work, almost always getting a kill or two, and I was surprised at how great a wall Hatt is. I haven't experimented with the alternate Lando set, but I think investing a bit in Atk may be helpful for Dirge, who's otherwise been giving me trouble. I liked your video too, keep up the good work!
Thanks for that comment and glad you enjoyed using the team! You are also right about the Lando investment in Attack, it should be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)