LC Lickitung

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

QC:
Rowan / AD Thunderboy / Nineage
GP: CryoCryo / P Squared

[OVERVIEW]

Lickitung can check many offensive threats in the metagame, such as Abra, Magnemite, Bellsprout, and Gastly, due to its great defensive stats. Furthermore, Lickitung's bulk combined with its access to Wish and Heal Bell make it a great support Pokemon on balanced and defensive teams. Lickitung can also use its support and status moves against Taunt users due to Oblivious. However, Lickitung's typing lacks resistances, meaning it has to rely on its raw bulk and Eviolite when switching into powerful attacks. Furthermore, Lickitung's low Speed combined with its passivity makes it struggle in such an offensive metagame and leaves it vulnerable to several offensive Pokemon in the tier. Lickitung also struggles against the common Fighting-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo and Timburr. Lastly, Lickitung faces competition from Spritzee as a Wish passer and cleric and from Munchlax as a Normal-type special wall.

[SET]
name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Body Slam / Heal Bell
move 4: Knock Off / Heal Bell
item: Eviolite
ability: Oblivious
nature: Impish
evs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Wish enables Lickitung to recover health for teammates while also giving it a reliable form of recovery. Protect is used to guarantee recovery from Wish and can be used to scout for the foe's moves. It can also be used situationally against High Jump Kick users like Mienfoo. Body Slam is a decently strong STAB move that has a 30% chance to paralyze the foe, giving Lickitung more utility compared to other Normal-type moves like Return. Knock Off further enhances Lickitung's utility by removing items. It also allows Lickitung to threaten Ghost- and Psychic-types. Heal Bell can be run to enhance Lickitung's supportive capabilities, curing its teammates and itself from harmful status such as burns or poison. However, when using Heal Bell, Lickitung will have to forgo either Body Slam or Knock Off. This makes Lickitung very passive when running Heal Bell over Body Slam, and Lickitung will be walled by Ghost-types when using Heal Bell over Knock Off.

Set Details
========

Eviolite greatly increases Lickitung's bulk, allowing it to take more hits from various attackers. Oblivious is used so Lickitung can't be affected by Taunt, allowing it to use Wish against stallbreakers. 196 HP and 236 Special Defense EVs are used to maximize Lickitung's special bulk in order to take on special attackers like Abra, Gastly, Magnemite, and Chinchou. In particular, Lickitung can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Gastly and Life Orb Abra after Stealth Rock damage. The HP investment also makes Lickitung's Wishes as big as possible. The 76 Defense EVs and an Impish nature maximize Lickitung's Eviolite-boosted bulk and allow it to nearly always avoid the OHKO from Choice Scarf Mienfoo's High Jump Kick.

Usage Tips
========

Due to Eviolite combined with Lickitung's raw bulk, it can switch into most non-Fighting-type attacks relatively easily. However, Lickitung should stay away from Fighting-types, as they can KO it quickly, thus eliminating its Wish support for the rest of the match. Also, do not let Lickitung take a Knock Off, as without an Eviolite, Lickitung loses much of its bulk and cannot take on many special attackers reliably. Lickitung can become setup bait for threats such as Swords Dance Pawniard and Shell Smash Shellder, so it is best to switch out into an appropriate check if one of those Pokemon comes in. Use Wish liberally when either Lickitung or its teammates require healing. When Lickitung doesn't have to use Wish, Body Slam and Knock Off should be used to fish for paralysis and remove items.

Team Options
========

Spritzee is a good teammate for Lickitung because the two form an effective Wish-passing core while covering each other's weaknesses. Other Fairy-types such as Snubbull and Cottonee value Lickitung's Wishes and can take on the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung, namely Mienfoo and Timburr. Other Fighting-type checks, which include Mareanie, Mudbray, Foongus, and Vullaby, can handle Fighting-types that threaten Lickitung. Fighting-type checks that don't have reliable recovery, such as Croagunk, Skrelp, and Koffing, appreciate Lickitung's Wishes. Swords Dance Pawniard can easily set up on Lickitung and use Knock Off to remove its Eviolite, so Lickitung appreciates Pokemon that check it such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Mudbray, and Croagunk. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr appreciate Lickitung's ability to handle Abra and also value Lickitung's Wishes. Although Lickitung can take Spritzee's attacks, it's setup fodder for Spritzee; therefore, Pokemon that can threaten Spritzee, such as Magnemite and Pawniard, are appreciated. In turn, Lickitung provides Wish support for them. If Lickitung is not running Knock Off, Dark-types, including Pawniard, Vullaby, and Alolan Grimer, can deal with opposing Ghost-types that otherwise won't take damage from Lickitung. Pawniard and Alolan Grimer can also Pursuit trap these Ghost-types, relieving pressure on Lickitung. Similarly, teammates that can damage Rock- and Steel-types can be helpful if Lickitung doesn't have Knock Off. Such Pokemon include common Fighting- and Ground-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, and Mudbray.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Lickitung has access to a huge physical movepool that offers a wide array of coverage to hit specific threats Earthquake hits common Rock- and Steel-types; Power Whip damages Shell Smash users and Staryu; Zen Headbutt deals with bulky Fighting-types; Hammer Arm OHKOes offensive Pawniard variants and has a good chance of OHKOing Eviolite Pawniard, but outside of that, it has no other prominent function. Other physical moves include Aqua Tail and the elemental punches. Lickitung also has an expansive special movepool that includes Ice Beam, which hits Dragon- and Flying-types, Fire Blast, which nails Ferroseed, and Surf, which damages Geodude and Onix. However, Lickitung is too slow to utilize these moves, has low offensive stats, and has superior moves in Body Slam and Knock Off, which offer more utility. Lickitung can use Dragon Tail along with Rest and Sleep Talk in order to phaze foes and common switch-ins like Mudbray; however, the combination of Rest and Sleep Talk is generally better used with Munchlax, whereas phazing foes can be done better through the likes of Onix. Lickitung can utilize a more defensive set with Body Slam, Knock Off, Toxic, and a specific coverage move, but the Wish set is generally superior. Lickitung also has access to several boosting moves, such as Swords Dance, Belly Drum, and Curse, but there are better setup sweepers in the tier such as Swords Dance Pawniard, Zigzagoon, and various Shell Smash users.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fighting-types**: Lickitung struggles with various Fighting-types, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Scraggy, and Croagunk. They threaten Lickitung with super effective Fighting-type STAB moves, and most carry Knock Off to easily remove Lickitung's Eviolite, greatly reducing its bulk.

**Knock Off**: Lickitung is very reliant on Eviolite for its bulk. If its Eviolite gets removed by Knock Off, it greatly reduces Lickitung's bulk, thus reducing its supportive and walling capabilities.

**Pawniard**: Pawniard takes little damage from Lickitung's offensive moves outside of Earthquake and can use Lickitung as setup bait. Pawniard can also use Knock Off to remove Lickitung's Eviolite.

**Setup Sweepers**: Various setup sweepers, including Swords Dance Pawniard, Dragon Dance Scraggy, Belly Drum Zigzagoon, and Shell Smash users, can use Lickitung as setup bait, as it cannot do much to them.

**Fighting-type Coverage**: Many Pokemon, such as offensive Mudbray, Doduo, Rufflet, and Deerling, carry Fighting-type coverage, which can deal heavy damage to Lickitung.

**Defensive Rock- and Steel-types**: Lickitung cannot do much to defensive Rock- and Steel-types like Ferroseed, Onix, Honedge, and Geodude if it doesn't have Knock Off and Earthquake. However, most of these Pokemon can't really do much to Lickitung in return.

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey. I'm not QC or anything, but Lickitung is a fairly mediocre mon in the metagame. That isn't at all to say it doesn't deserve an analysis, but it definitely doesn't need 3 sets. Wish Support is fine, Defensive might be okay, and RestTalk should just go under OO. This is a very well done analysis nonetheless.

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey. I'm not QC or anything, but Lickitung is a fairly mediocre mon in the metagame. That isn't at all to say it doesn't deserve an analysis, but it definitely doesn't need 3 sets. Wish Support is fine, Defensive might be okay, and RestTalk should just go under OO. This is a very well done analysis nonetheless.
I like to over-do analyses and add more sets and info. I feel that it's easier to get rid of stuff already in than it is to add things. I am expecting some sets to be removed or put in OO.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hi Fireflame479

The amount of work you have put in is really great, and your analysis is very detailed

Unfortunately I agree with Hilomilo in that I don't think Lickitung should have this many sets. I feel like the second and third sets are outclassed by Munchlax, who whilst he doesn't get Knock Off, he has recycle+berry juice which is more valuable. His Restalk set is better because of Lax's superior Special Bulk and damage output. I know Lickitung can wall physical threats a bit better, but most have Knock Off or fighting coverage anyway so it's not worth running Lickitung over Munchlax.
The first set is Lickitung's only real niche so should be the only set.

anyway, on to the QC

[OVERVIEW]

porygon is banned so don't mention it, otherwise good

[SET]
good

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

good
Set Details
========
good

Usage Tips
========

good
Team Options
========

Lickitung can't really handle spritzee since it can't do a lot to it, and Spritzee can set up CMs. mention that snubbull and cottonee appreciate wish, and mention a couple of other mons that appreciate wish. fighting type checks which don't have reliable recovery such as croagunk, skrelp like wish. hell even koffing can be made into a viable pokemon with wish support from tung

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

- dragon tail is the most viable other option so should be first in OO
-move the other sets here.
-talk about what the physical moves hit, e.g. power whip makes licki a smasher check, EQ hits rocks
-don't mention shadow ball it hits nothing that knock off doesn't. say how fire blast hits ferro and other steels, and say what ice beam or surf are for.. if they're not for anything, just remove them

Checks and Counters
===================
good

1/3

Fireflame

Silksong when
hi Fireflame479

The amount of work you have put in is really great, and your analysis is very detailed

Unfortunately I agree with Hilomilo in that I don't think Lickitung should have this many sets. I feel like the second and third sets are outclassed by Munchlax, who whilst he doesn't get Knock Off, he has recycle+berry juice which is more valuable. His Restalk set is better because of Lax's superior Special Bulk and damage output. I know Lickitung can wall physical threats a bit better, but most have Knock Off or fighting coverage anyway so it's not worth running Lickitung over Munchlax.
The first set is Lickitung's only real niche so should be the only set.

anyway, on to the QC

[OVERVIEW]

porygon is banned so don't mention it, otherwise good

[SET]
good

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

good
Set Details
========
good

Usage Tips
========

good
Team Options
========

Lickitung can't really handle spritzee since it can't do a lot to it, and Spritzee can set up CMs. mention that snubbull and cottonee appreciate wish, and mention a couple of other mons that appreciate wish. fighting type checks which don't have reliable recovery such as croagunk, skrelp like wish. hell even koffing can be made into a viable pokemon with wish support from tung

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

- dragon tail is the most viable other option so should be first in OO
-move the other sets here.
-talk about what the physical moves hit, e.g. power whip makes licki a smasher check, EQ hits rocks
-don't mention shadow ball it hits nothing that knock off doesn't. say how fire blast hits ferro and other steels, and say what ice beam or surf are for.. if they're not for anything, just remove them

Checks and Counters
===================
good

1/3
Did these changes.

I would just like to know if I can slash Toxic on the Wish set. It punishes common switch-ins like Mudbray, Munchlax, Slowpoke, Lileep, Chinchou, and Spritzee, and it really provides more offensive pressure considering Lickitung's passivity if Knock Off is not necessary on a specific team.

Fireflame

Silksong when
It's been almost a week, and I'm ready for my second QC check. Would like to receive an answer to my question on the previous post as well. :)

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

good

[SET]

good

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Mention that using Heal Bell means you have to forgo either Body Slam or Knock Off, meaning Lickitung will either be very passive (if no Body Slam) or completely walled by Ghost-types (if no Knock Off)
Set Details
========
  • Mention that the Defense EVs with an Impish nature hit an Eviolite number, and also allow Lickitung to nearly always avoid the OHKO from Choice Scarf Mienfoo's High Jump Kick
Usage Tips
========

good

Team Options
========
  • Ferroseed does not significantly threaten Spritzee, even though it does wall it (it usually does not run a Steel move). Pawniard is a better example here
  • Carvanha is also not a good example of a Wish receiver, as it is very frail and thus will often just go down if it takes a hit. In stead, mention Cottonee
  • Mention Alolan Grimer in stead of Stunky, it's simply better in most situations. Also, mention that Pawniard and Grimer-A can Pursuit trap those Ghosts
  • Mention examples of Fighting- and Ground-types (Timburr, Mudbray)
  • When writing this up, try to merge some points. I think this can be condensed a lot by avoiding repetition
[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • It feels weird that Hammer Arm is not just mentioned in the list of Lickitung's physical moves, so you should probably put it there
Checks and Counters
===================

good

QC 2/3, write me up Scotty
QC Stamp final.gif

Fireflame

Silksong when
[OVERVIEW]

good

[SET]

good

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Mention that using Heal Bell means you have to forgo either Body Slam or Knock Off, meaning Lickitung will either be very passive (if no Body Slam) or completely walled by Ghost-types (if no Knock Off)
Set Details
========
  • Mention that the Defense EVs with an Impish nature hit an Eviolite number, and also allow Lickitung to nearly always avoid the OHKO from Choice Scarf Mienfoo's High Jump Kick
Usage Tips
========

good

Team Options
========
  • Ferroseed does not significantly threaten Spritzee, even though it does wall it (it usually does not run a Steel move). Pawniard is a better example here
  • Carvanha is also not a good example of a Wish receiver, as it is very frail and thus will often just go down if it takes a hit. In stead, mention Cottonee
  • Mention Alolan Grimer in stead of Stunky, it's simply better in most situations. Also, mention that Pawniard and Grimer-A can Pursuit trap those Ghosts
  • Mention examples of Fighting- and Ground-types (Timburr, Mudbray)
  • When writing this up, try to merge some points. I think this can be condensed a lot by avoiding repetition
[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • It feels weird that Hammer Arm is not just mentioned in the list of Lickitung's physical moves, so you should probably put it there
Checks and Counters
===================

good

QC 2/3, write me up Scotty
View attachment 77312
Thanks for the check. This is now written and ready for QC 3/3!

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
In the negatives section, make sure to mention how passive it is, which causes it to struggle in the offensive metagame

[SET]
Good

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Mention that Protect can also be used situationally, such as against HJK users

Set Details
========
Fine

Usage Tips
========
I don't really understand the last sentence and I think you should clarify why you are using those moves. Something along the lines of "When it doesn't have to use Wish, Lickitung can go for the paralysis chance with Body Slam, or removing items from foes with Knock Off" (that's badly worded but you get the idea)

Team Options
========
When you say Fighting-type checks you should change it to other Fighting-type checks since you already talked about fairies

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Good

Checks and Counters
===================
Take out the dragon tail mention, it shouldnt be here since its OO only.

Very nice work, this was really well done and clearly you put lots of time in. 3/3

Fireflame

Silksong when
[OVERVIEW]
In the negatives section, make sure to mention how passive it is, which causes it to struggle in the offensive metagame

[SET]
Good

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Mention that Protect can also be used situationally, such as against HJK users

Set Details
========
Fine

Usage Tips
========
I don't really understand the last sentence and I think you should clarify why you are using those moves. Something along the lines of "When it doesn't have to use Wish, Lickitung can go for the paralysis chance with Body Slam, or removing items from foes with Knock Off" (that's badly worded but you get the idea)

Team Options
========
When you say Fighting-type checks you should change it to other Fighting-type checks since you already talked about fairies

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Good

Checks and Counters
===================
Take out the dragon tail mention, it shouldnt be here since its OO only.

Very nice work, this was really well done and clearly you put lots of time in. 3/3
Thanks a lot. This is now ready for GP!

amcheck
ADD REMOVE COMMENTS
[OVERVIEW]

Lickitung can check many offensive threats in the metagame, such as Abra, Magnemite, Bellsprout, and Gastly, due to its great defensive stats. Furthermore, Lickitung's bulk combined with its access to Wish and Heal Bell make it a great support Pokemon on balanced or and defensive teams. Lickitung can also use its support and status moves against Taunt users due to Oblivious. However, Lickitung's Normal typing lacks in comes with few resistances, meaning it has to rely on its raw bulk and Eviolite when switching into powerful attacks. Furthermore, Lickitung's low Speed combined with its passivity makes causes it to struggle in the offensive Little Cup metagame, (AC) and leaves leaving it vulnerable to several offensive Pokemon in the tier (saying that it struggles in the offensive metagame and is vulnerable to several offensive pokemon seems a little repetitive). Lickitung also struggles against the common Fighting-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo and Timburr. Lastly, Lickitung faces competition from Spritzee as a wish Wish passer and cleric and Munchlax as a Normal-type special wall.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Wish enables Lickitung to recover health for teammates while also giving it a reliable form of recovery. Protect is used to guarantee a Wish recovery recovery from Wish and can also be used to scout for the foe's moves. It can also be used situationally against High Jump Kick users like Mienfoo. Body Slam is a decently strong STAB move that has a 30% chance to paralyze the foe, giving more utility to Lickitung more utility compared to than other Normal-type moves like Return (the way this was worded made it sound like Lickitung had more utility than other Normal-type moves). Knock Off further enhances Lickitung's utility by removing items. It also allows Lickitung to threaten Ghost- and Psychic-types. Heal Bell can be run to enhance Lickitung's supportive capabilities, curing its teammates and itself from harmful status, such as burns or poison. However, when using Heal Bell, Lickitung will have to forgo either Body Slam or Knock Off. This makes Lickitung very passive when running Heal Bell over Body Slam, and Lickitung will be walled by Ghost-types when using Heal Bell over Knock Off.

Set Details
========

Eviolite greatly increases Lickitung's bulk, allowing it to take more hits from various attackers. Oblivious is used so Lickitung can't be taunted Taunted, allowing it to use Wish against stallbreakers. 196 HP and 236 Special Defense EVs are used to maximize Lickitung's special bulk in order to take on special attackers like Abra, Gastly, Magnemite, and Chinchou. In particular, Lickitung can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Gastly and Life Orb Abra after Stealth Rock damage. The HP investment also makes Lickitung's wishes Wishes as big as possible. The 76 Defense EVs and an Impish nature give Lickitung an Eviolite number and allow Lickitung to nearly always avoid the OHKO from Choice Scarf Mienfoo's High Jump Kick.

Usage Tips
========

Due to Eviolite combined with Lickitung's raw bulk, it can switch into most non-Fighting-type attacks relatively easily. However, Lickitung should stay away from Fighting-types, as they can KO it quickly, thus eliminating its Wish support for the rest of the match. Also, do not let Lickitung take a Knock Off, as without an Eviolite, Lickitung has much less loses much of its bulk and cannot take on many special attackers reliably. Lickitung can become setup bait for threats such as Swords Dance Pawniard and Shell Smash Shellder, so it is best to switch out into an appropriate check if one of those Pokemon comes in. Use Wish liberally when either Lickitung or its teammates require healing. When Lickitung doesn't have to use Wish, Body Slam and Knock Off should be used to fish for paralysis and remove items, respectively.

Team Options
========

Spritzee is a good teammate for Lickitung because they the two form an effective Wish-passing core while covering each other's weaknesses. Other Fairy-types such as Snubbull and Cottonee value Lickitung's Wishes, while they can take on the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung, namely Mienfoo and Timburr. Other Fighting-type checks, which include Mareanie, Mudbray, Foongus, and Vullaby, can handle Fighting-types that threaten Lickitung. Fighting-type checks that don't have reliable recovery, such as Croagunk, Skrelp, and Koffing, appreciate Lickitung's Wishes, while they deal with the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung. Swords Dance Pawniard can easily setup set up on Lickitung and use Knock Off to remove its Eviolite, so Lickitung appreciates Pokemon that check Pawniard, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Mudbray, and Croagunk. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr appreciate Lickitung's ability to handle Abra, while they and also value Lickitung's Wishes. Although Lickitung can take Spritzee's attacks, it's setup fodder for Spritzee; therefore, Pokemon that can threaten Spritzee, such as Magnemite and Pawniard, are appreciated. In turn, Lickitung provides Wish support for them. If Lickitung is not running Knock Off, Dark-types, including Pawniard, Vullaby, and Alolan Grimer, can deal with opposing Ghost-types that otherwise won't take damage from Lickitung. Pawniard and Alolan Grimer can also Pursuit trap these Ghost-types, relieving pressure off of Lickitung. Similarly, teammates that can damage Rock- and Steel-types can be helpful if Lickitung doesn't have Body Slam. Such Pokemon include common Fighting- and Ground-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, and Mudbray.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Lickitung has access to a huge physical movepool that offers a wide array coverage to hit specific threats. Earthquake hits common Rock- and Steel-types; Power Whip damages Shell Smash users and Staryu; Zen Headbutt deals with bulky Fighting-types; Hammer Arm OHKOes offensive Pawniard variants and has a good chance of OHKOing Eviolite Pawniard, but outside of that, it has no other prominent function. Other physical moves include Aqua Tail and the elemental punches. Lickitung also has an expansive special movepool that includes Ice Beam, which hits Dragon- and Flying-types, Fire Blast, which nails Ferroseed, and Surf, which damages Geodude and Onix. However, Lickitung is too slow to utilize these moves, has low offensive stats, and has superior moves in Body Slam and Knock Off, which offer more utility. Lickitung can use Dragon Tail along with Rest and Sleep Talk in order to phaze opponents foes (opponent refers to the opposing player) and common switch-ins like Mudbray; however, the combination of Rest and Sleep Talk is generally better used with Munchlax, whereas phazing opponents foes can be done better through the likes of Onix. Lickitung can utilize a more defensive option set with Body Slam, Knock Off, Toxic, and a specific coverage move, but the Wish set is generally superior. Lickitung also has access to several boosting moves, such as Swords Dance, Belly Drum, and Curse, but there are better setup sweepers in the tier, such as Swords Dance Pawniard, Zigzagoon, and various Shell Smash users.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fighting-types**: Lickitung struggles with various Fighting-types, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Scraggy, and Croagunk. They threaten Lickitung with super effective Fighting-type STAB moves, and most carry Knock Off and can easily Knock Off use it to remove Lickitung's Eviolite, greatly reducing its bulk.

**Knock Off**: Lickitung is very reliant on Eviolite for its bulk. If its Eviolite gets removed by Knock Off Knocked Off, it greatly reduces Lickitung's bulk, thus reducing its supportive and walling capabilities.

**Pawniard**: Pawniard takes little damage from Lickitung's offensive moves outside of Earthquake and can use Lickitung as setup bait. Pawniard can also use Knock Off to remove Lickitung's Eviolite.

**Setup Sweepers**: Various setup sweepers, including Swords Dance Pawniard, Dragon Dance Scraggy, Belly Drum Zigzagoon, and Shell Smash users, can use Lickitung as setup bait, as it cannot do much to them.

**Fighting-type coverage**: Many Pokemon carry Fighting-type coverage, such as offensive Mudbray, Doduo, Rufflet, and Deerling, which can deal heavy damage to Lickitung.

**Defensive Rock- and Steel-types**: Lickitung cannot do much to defensive Rock- and Steel-types like Ferroseed, Onix, Honedge, and Geodude if it doesn't have Knock Off and Earthquake. However, most of these Pokemon can't really do too much to Lickitung in return.

Fireflame

Silksong when
amcheck
ADD REMOVE COMMENTS
[OVERVIEW]

Lickitung can check many offensive threats in the metagame, such as Abra, Magnemite, Bellsprout, and Gastly, due to its great defensive stats. Furthermore, Lickitung's bulk combined with its access to Wish and Heal Bell make it a great support Pokemon on balanced or and defensive teams. Lickitung can also use its support and status moves against Taunt users due to Oblivious. However, Lickitung's Normal typing lacks in comes with few resistances, meaning it has to rely on its raw bulk and Eviolite when switching into powerful attacks. Furthermore, Lickitung's low Speed combined with its passivity makes causes it to struggle in the offensive Little Cup metagame, (AC) and leaves leaving it vulnerable to several offensive Pokemon in the tier (saying that it struggles in the offensive metagame and is vulnerable to several offensive pokemon seems a little repetitive). Lickitung also struggles against the common Fighting-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo and Timburr. Lastly, Lickitung faces competition from Spritzee as a wish Wish passer and cleric and Munchlax as a Normal-type special wall.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Wish enables Lickitung to recover health for teammates while also giving it a reliable form of recovery. Protect is used to guarantee a Wish recovery recovery from Wish and can also be used to scout for the foe's moves. It can also be used situationally against High Jump Kick users like Mienfoo. Body Slam is a decently strong STAB move that has a 30% chance to paralyze the foe, giving more utility to Lickitung more utility compared to than other Normal-type moves like Return (the way this was worded made it sound like Lickitung had more utility than other Normal-type moves). Knock Off further enhances Lickitung's utility by removing items. It also allows Lickitung to threaten Ghost- and Psychic-types. Heal Bell can be run to enhance Lickitung's supportive capabilities, curing its teammates and itself from harmful status, such as burns or poison. However, when using Heal Bell, Lickitung will have to forgo either Body Slam or Knock Off. This makes Lickitung very passive when running Heal Bell over Body Slam, and Lickitung will be walled by Ghost-types when using Heal Bell over Knock Off.

Set Details
========

Eviolite greatly increases Lickitung's bulk, allowing it to take more hits from various attackers. Oblivious is used so Lickitung can't be taunted Taunted, allowing it to use Wish against stallbreakers. 196 HP and 236 Special Defense EVs are used to maximize Lickitung's special bulk in order to take on special attackers like Abra, Gastly, Magnemite, and Chinchou. In particular, Lickitung can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Gastly and Life Orb Abra after Stealth Rock damage. The HP investment also makes Lickitung's wishes Wishes as big as possible. The 76 Defense EVs and an Impish nature give Lickitung an Eviolite number and allow Lickitung to nearly always avoid the OHKO from Choice Scarf Mienfoo's High Jump Kick.

Usage Tips
========

Due to Eviolite combined with Lickitung's raw bulk, it can switch into most non-Fighting-type attacks relatively easily. However, Lickitung should stay away from Fighting-types, as they can KO it quickly, thus eliminating its Wish support for the rest of the match. Also, do not let Lickitung take a Knock Off, as without an Eviolite, Lickitung has much less loses much of its bulk and cannot take on many special attackers reliably. Lickitung can become setup bait for threats such as Swords Dance Pawniard and Shell Smash Shellder, so it is best to switch out into an appropriate check if one of those Pokemon comes in. Use Wish liberally when either Lickitung or its teammates require healing. When Lickitung doesn't have to use Wish, Body Slam and Knock Off should be used to fish for paralysis and remove items, respectively.

Team Options
========

Spritzee is a good teammate for Lickitung because they the two form an effective Wish-passing core while covering each other's weaknesses. Other Fairy-types such as Snubbull and Cottonee value Lickitung's Wishes, while they can take on the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung, namely Mienfoo and Timburr. Other Fighting-type checks, which include Mareanie, Mudbray, Foongus, and Vullaby, can handle Fighting-types that threaten Lickitung. Fighting-type checks that don't have reliable recovery, such as Croagunk, Skrelp, and Koffing, appreciate Lickitung's Wishes, while they deal with the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung. Swords Dance Pawniard can easily setup set up on Lickitung and use Knock Off to remove its Eviolite, so Lickitung appreciates Pokemon that check Pawniard, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Mudbray, and Croagunk. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr appreciate Lickitung's ability to handle Abra, while they and also value Lickitung's Wishes. Although Lickitung can take Spritzee's attacks, it's setup fodder for Spritzee; therefore, Pokemon that can threaten Spritzee, such as Magnemite and Pawniard, are appreciated. In turn, Lickitung provides Wish support for them. If Lickitung is not running Knock Off, Dark-types, including Pawniard, Vullaby, and Alolan Grimer, can deal with opposing Ghost-types that otherwise won't take damage from Lickitung. Pawniard and Alolan Grimer can also Pursuit trap these Ghost-types, relieving pressure off of Lickitung. Similarly, teammates that can damage Rock- and Steel-types can be helpful if Lickitung doesn't have Body Slam. Such Pokemon include common Fighting- and Ground-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, and Mudbray.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Lickitung has access to a huge physical movepool that offers a wide array coverage to hit specific threats. Earthquake hits common Rock- and Steel-types; Power Whip damages Shell Smash users and Staryu; Zen Headbutt deals with bulky Fighting-types; Hammer Arm OHKOes offensive Pawniard variants and has a good chance of OHKOing Eviolite Pawniard, but outside of that, it has no other prominent function. Other physical moves include Aqua Tail and the elemental punches. Lickitung also has an expansive special movepool that includes Ice Beam, which hits Dragon- and Flying-types, Fire Blast, which nails Ferroseed, and Surf, which damages Geodude and Onix. However, Lickitung is too slow to utilize these moves, has low offensive stats, and has superior moves in Body Slam and Knock Off, which offer more utility. Lickitung can use Dragon Tail along with Rest and Sleep Talk in order to phaze opponents foes (opponent refers to the opposing player) and common switch-ins like Mudbray; however, the combination of Rest and Sleep Talk is generally better used with Munchlax, whereas phazing opponents foes can be done better through the likes of Onix. Lickitung can utilize a more defensive option set with Body Slam, Knock Off, Toxic, and a specific coverage move, but the Wish set is generally superior. Lickitung also has access to several boosting moves, such as Swords Dance, Belly Drum, and Curse, but there are better setup sweepers in the tier, such as Swords Dance Pawniard, Zigzagoon, and various Shell Smash users.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fighting-types**: Lickitung struggles with various Fighting-types, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Scraggy, and Croagunk. They threaten Lickitung with super effective Fighting-type STAB moves, and most carry Knock Off and can easily Knock Off use it to remove Lickitung's Eviolite, greatly reducing its bulk.

**Knock Off**: Lickitung is very reliant on Eviolite for its bulk. If its Eviolite gets removed by Knock Off Knocked Off, it greatly reduces Lickitung's bulk, thus reducing its supportive and walling capabilities.

**Fighting-type coverage**: Many Pokemon carry Fighting-type coverage, such as offensive Mudbray, Doduo, Rufflet, and Deerling, which can deal heavy damage to Lickitung.

**Defensive Rock- and Steel-types**: Lickitung cannot do much to defensive Rock- and Steel-types like Ferroseed, Onix, Honedge, and Geodude if it doesn't have Knock Off and Earthquake. However, most of these Pokemon can't really do too much to Lickitung in return.
Thanks! I implemented most of it.

Reactions: Wob

GP 1/2
remove add comments

[OVERVIEW]

Lickitung can check many offensive threats in the metagame, such as Abra, Magnemite, Bellsprout, and Gastly, due to its great defensive stats. Furthermore, Lickitung's bulk combined with its access to Wish and Heal Bell make it a great support Pokemon on balanced and defensive teams. Lickitung can also use its support and status moves against Taunt users due to Oblivious. However, Lickitung's typing lacks in resistances, meaning it has to rely on its raw bulk and Eviolite when switching into powerful attacks. Furthermore, Lickitung's low Speed combined with its passivity makes it struggle in the such an offensive metagame and leaves it vulnerable to several offensive Pokemon in the tier. Lickitung also struggles against the common Fighting-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo and Timburr. Lastly, Lickitung faces competition from Spritzee as a Wish passer and cleric and from Munchlax as a Normal-type special wall.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Wish enables Lickitung to recover health for teammates while also giving it a reliable form of recovery. Protect is used to guarantee recovery from Wish and can also be used to scout for the foe's moves. It can also be used situationally against High Jump Kick users like Mienfoo. Body Slam is a decently strong STAB move that has a 30% chance to paralyze the foe, giving Lickitung more utility compared to other Normal-type moves like Return. Knock Off further enhances Lickitung's utility by removing items. It also allows Lickitung to threaten Ghost- and Psychic-types. Heal Bell can be run to enhance Lickitung's supportive capabilities, curing its teammates and itself from harmful status, (comma) such as burns or poison. However, when using Heal Bell, Lickitung will have to forgo either Body Slam or Knock Off. This makes Lickitung very passive when running Heal Bell over Body Slam, and Lickitung will be walled by Ghost-types when using Heal Bell over Knock Off.

Set Details
========

Eviolite greatly increases Lickitung's bulk, allowing it to take more hits from various attackers. Oblivious is used so Lickitung can't be Taunted affected by Taunt, allowing it to use Wish against stallbreakers. 196 HP and 236 Special Defense EVs are used to maximize Lickitung's special bulk in order to take on special attackers like Abra, Gastly, Magnemite, and Chinchou. In particular, Lickitung can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Gastly and Life Orb Abra after Stealth Rock damage. The HP investment also makes Lickitung's Wishes as big as possible. The 76 Defense EVs and an Impish nature give Lickitung an Eviolite number maximize Lickitung's Eviolite-boosted bulk and allow Lickitung it to nearly always avoid the OHKO from Choice Scarf Mienfoo's High Jump Kick.

Usage Tips
========

Due to Eviolite combined with Lickitung's raw bulk, it can switch into most non-Fighting-type attacks relatively easily. However, Lickitung should stay away from Fighting-types, as they can KO it quickly, thus eliminating its Wish support for the rest of the match. Also, do not let Lickitung take a Knock Off, as without an Eviolite, Lickitung loses much of its bulk and cannot take on many special attackers reliably. Lickitung can become setup bait for threats such as Swords Dance Pawniard and Shell Smash Shellder, so it is best to switch out into an appropriate check if one of those Pokemon comes in. Use Wish liberally when either Lickitung or its teammates require healing. When Lickitung doesn't have to use Wish, Body Slam and Knock Off should be used to fish for paralysis and remove items, respectively.

Team Options
========

Spritzee is a good teammate for Lickitung because the two form an effective Wish-passing core while covering each other's weaknesses. Other Fairy-types such as Snubbull and Cottonee value Lickitung's Wishes, (comma) while they and can take on the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung, namely Mienfoo and Timburr. Other Fighting-type checks, which include Mareanie, Mudbray, Foongus, and Vullaby, can handle Fighting-types that threaten Lickitung. Fighting-type checks that don't have reliable recovery, such as Croagunk, Skrelp, and Koffing, appreciate Lickitung's Wishes, (comma) while they deal with the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung. Swords Dance Pawniard can easily set up on Lickitung and use Knock Off to remove its Eviolite, so Lickitung appreciates Pokemon that check Pawniard, it such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Mudbray, and Croagunk. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr appreciate Lickitung's ability to handle Abra and also value Lickitung's Wishes. Although Lickitung can take Spritzee's attacks, it's setup fodder for Spritzee; therefore, Pokemon that can threaten Spritzee, such as Magnemite and Pawniard, are appreciated. In turn, Lickitung provides Wish support for them. If Lickitung is not running Knock Off, Dark-types, including Pawniard, Vullaby, and Alolan Grimer, can deal with opposing Ghost-types that otherwise won't take damage from Lickitung. Pawniard and Alolan Grimer can also Pursuit trap these Ghost-types, relieving pressure off of on Lickitung. Similarly, teammates that can damage Rock- and Steel-types can be helpful if Lickitung doesn't have Body Slam. (do you mean Knock Off?) Such Pokemon include common Fighting- and Ground-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, and Mudbray.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Lickitung has access to a huge physical movepool that offers a wide array coverage to hit specific threats. Earthquake hits common Rock- and Steel-types; Power Whip damages Shell Smash users and Staryu; Zen Headbutt deals with bulky Fighting-types; Hammer Arm OHKOes offensive Pawniard variants and has a good chance of OHKOing Eviolite Pawniard, but outside of that, it has no other prominent function. Other physical moves include Aqua Tail and the elemental punches. Lickitung also has an expansive special movepool that includes Ice Beam, which hits Dragon- and Flying-types, Fire Blast, which nails Ferroseed, and Surf, which damages Geodude and Onix. However, Lickitung is too slow to utilize these moves, has low offensive stats, and has superior moves in Body Slam and Knock Off, which offer more utility. Lickitung can use Dragon Tail along with Rest and Sleep Talk in order to phaze foes and common switch-ins like Mudbray; however, the combination of Rest and Sleep Talk is generally better used with Munchlax, whereas phazing foes can be done better through the likes of Onix. Lickitung can utilize a more defensive set with Body Slam, Knock Off, Toxic, and a specific coverage move, but the Wish set is generally superior. Lickitung also has access to several boosting moves, such as Swords Dance, Belly Drum, and Curse, but there are better setup sweepers in the tier, (comma) such as Swords Dance Pawniard, Zigzagoon, and various Shell Smash users.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fighting-types**: Lickitung struggles with various Fighting-types, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Scraggy, and Croagunk. They threaten Lickitung with super effective Fighting-type STAB moves, and most carry Knock Off and can to easily remove Lickitung's Eviolite, greatly reducing its bulk.

**Knock Off**: Lickitung is very reliant on Eviolite for its bulk. If its Eviolite gets removed by Knock Off, it greatly reduces Lickitung's bulk, thus reducing its supportive and walling capabilities.

**Fighting-type coverage Coverage**: Many Pokemon carry Fighting-type coverage, such as offensive Mudbray, Doduo, Rufflet, and Deerling, carry Fighting-type coverage, which can deal heavy damage to Lickitung.

**Defensive Rock- and Steel-types**: Lickitung cannot do much to defensive Rock- and Steel-types like Ferroseed, Onix, Honedge, and Geodude if it doesn't have Knock Off and Earthquake. However, most of these Pokemon can't really do much to Lickitung in return.

Last edited:

Fireflame

Silksong when

GP 1/2
remove add comments

[OVERVIEW]

Lickitung can check many offensive threats in the metagame, such as Abra, Magnemite, Bellsprout, and Gastly, due to its great defensive stats. Furthermore, Lickitung's bulk combined with its access to Wish and Heal Bell make it a great support Pokemon on balanced and defensive teams. Lickitung can also use its support and status moves against Taunt users due to Oblivious. However, Lickitung's typing lacks resistances, meaning it has to rely on its raw bulk and Eviolite when switching into powerful attacks. Furthermore, Lickitung's low Speed combined with its passivity makes it struggle in such an offensive metagame and leaves it vulnerable to several offensive Pokemon in the tier. Lickitung also struggles against the common Fighting-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo and Timburr. Lastly, Lickitung faces competition from Spritzee as a Wish passer and cleric and from Munchlax as a Normal-type special wall.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Wish enables Lickitung to recover health for teammates while also giving it a reliable form of recovery. Protect is used to guarantee recovery from Wish and can be used to scout for the foe's moves. It can also be used situationally against High Jump Kick users like Mienfoo. Body Slam is a decently strong STAB move that has a 30% chance to paralyze the foe, giving Lickitung more utility compared to other Normal-type moves like Return. Knock Off further enhances Lickitung's utility by removing items. It also allows Lickitung to threaten Ghost- and Psychic-types. Heal Bell can be run to enhance Lickitung's supportive capabilities, curing its teammates and itself from harmful status such as burns or poison. However, when using Heal Bell, Lickitung will have to forgo either Body Slam or Knock Off. This makes Lickitung very passive when running Heal Bell over Body Slam, and Lickitung will be walled by Ghost-types when using Heal Bell over Knock Off.

Set Details
========

Eviolite greatly increases Lickitung's bulk, allowing it to take more hits from various attackers. Oblivious is used so Lickitung can't be affected by Taunt, allowing it to use Wish against stallbreakers. 196 HP and 236 Special Defense EVs are used to maximize Lickitung's special bulk in order to take on special attackers like Abra, Gastly, Magnemite, and Chinchou. In particular, Lickitung can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Gastly and Life Orb Abra after Stealth Rock damage. The HP investment also makes Lickitung's Wishes as big as possible. The 76 Defense EVs and an Impish nature maximize Lickitung's Eviolite-boosted bulk and allow it to nearly always avoid the OHKO from Choice Scarf Mienfoo's High Jump Kick.

Usage Tips
========

Due to Eviolite combined with Lickitung's raw bulk, it can switch into most non-Fighting-type attacks relatively easily. However, Lickitung should stay away from Fighting-types, as they can KO it quickly, thus eliminating its Wish support for the rest of the match. Also, do not let Lickitung take a Knock Off, as without an Eviolite, Lickitung loses much of its bulk and cannot take on many special attackers reliably. Lickitung can become setup bait for threats such as Swords Dance Pawniard and Shell Smash Shellder, so it is best to switch out into an appropriate check if one of those Pokemon comes in. Use Wish liberally when either Lickitung or its teammates require healing. When Lickitung doesn't have to use Wish, Body Slam and Knock Off should be used to fish for paralysis and remove items.

Team Options
========

Spritzee is a good teammate for Lickitung because the two form an effective Wish-passing core while covering each other's weaknesses. Other Fairy-types such as Snubbull and Cottonee value Lickitung's Wishes and can take on the Fighting-types that trouble Lickitung, namely Mienfoo and Timburr. Other Fighting-type checks, which include Mareanie, Mudbray, Foongus, and Vullaby, can handle Fighting-types that threaten Lickitung. Fighting-type checks that don't have reliable recovery, such as Croagunk, Skrelp, and Koffing, appreciate Lickitung's Wishes. Swords Dance Pawniard can easily set up on Lickitung and use Knock Off to remove its Eviolite, so Lickitung appreciates Pokemon that check it such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Mudbray, and Croagunk. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr appreciate Lickitung's ability to handle Abra and also value Lickitung's Wishes. Although Lickitung can take Spritzee's attacks, it's setup fodder for Spritzee; therefore, Pokemon that can threaten Spritzee, such as Magnemite and Pawniard, are appreciated. In turn, Lickitung provides Wish support for them. If Lickitung is not running Knock Off, Dark-types, including Pawniard, Vullaby, and Alolan Grimer, can deal with opposing Ghost-types that otherwise won't take damage from Lickitung. Pawniard and Alolan Grimer can also Pursuit trap these Ghost-types, relieving pressure on Lickitung. Similarly, teammates that can damage Rock- and Steel-types can be helpful if Lickitung doesn't have Knock Off. Such Pokemon include common Fighting- and Ground-types in the tier, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, and Mudbray.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Lickitung has access to a huge physical movepool that offers a wide array coverage to hit specific threats. Earthquake hits common Rock- and Steel-types; Power Whip damages Shell Smash users and Staryu; Zen Headbutt deals with bulky Fighting-types; Hammer Arm OHKOes offensive Pawniard variants and has a good chance of OHKOing Eviolite Pawniard, but outside of that, it has no other prominent function. Other physical moves include Aqua Tail and the elemental punches. Lickitung also has an expansive special movepool that includes Ice Beam, which hits Dragon- and Flying-types, Fire Blast, which nails Ferroseed, and Surf, which damages Geodude and Onix. However, Lickitung is too slow to utilize these moves, has low offensive stats, and has superior moves in Body Slam and Knock Off, which offer more utility. Lickitung can use Dragon Tail along with Rest and Sleep Talk in order to phaze foes and common switch-ins like Mudbray; however, the combination of Rest and Sleep Talk is generally better used with Munchlax, whereas phazing foes can be done better through the likes of Onix. Lickitung can utilize a more defensive set with Body Slam, Knock Off, Toxic, and a specific coverage move, but the Wish set is generally superior. Lickitung also has access to several boosting moves, such as Swords Dance, Belly Drum, and Curse, but there are better setup sweepers in the tier such as Swords Dance Pawniard, Zigzagoon, and various Shell Smash users.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fighting-types**: Lickitung struggles with various Fighting-types, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Scraggy, and Croagunk. They threaten Lickitung with super effective Fighting-type STAB moves, and most carry Knock Off to easily remove Lickitung's Eviolite, greatly reducing its bulk.

**Fighting-type Coverage**: Many Pokemon, such as offensive Mudbray, Doduo, Rufflet, and Deerling, carry Fighting-type coverage, which can deal heavy damage to Lickitung.

Implemented.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Lickitung has access to a huge physical movepool that offers a wide array of coverage to hit specific threats.
no further changes, good job everyone
GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)