Liepard: More Painful than Hemorrhoids

I have no real problem with Liepard, just need a guts Gurdurr and a little luck with mach punch. but if it fails in luck you will most likely do like half to yourself in confusion...

Just started playing NU around December, Cinccino's were everywhere and imo, douchebag. So I started countering with Liepard, something with triple the douche factor. Then after finding out Absol was outtie soon, I predicted that Liepard would assume his throne as the top dark type threat in NU. While no player will ever agree with that, since Skuntank exists, I am sticking with it and trolling Liepard hard. Once players see what a Godsend Liepard is to maintaining control and momentum, and build teams around it, I expect to see Liepard jumping into the 90% usage range. I.E. Liepard runs this new meta, continue to ignore or unprepare at your own risk.

Just started playing NU around December, Cinccino's were everywhere and imo, douchebag. So I started countering with Liepard, something with triple the douche factor. Then after finding out Absol was outtie soon, I predicted that Liepard would assume his throne as the top dark type threat in NU. While no player will ever agree with that, since Skuntank exists, I am sticking with it and trolling Liepard hard. Once players see what a Godsend Liepard is to maintaining control and momentum, and build teams around it, I expect to see Liepard jumping into the 90% usage range.
liepard coming in range of 90% is not a very good prediction. he also has his counters and 90% is like, impossible

I have a Raichu with encore that I can use to counter Liepard : it's immune to T-wave and it can encore Liepard into an inconvenient move preferably sub but encoring into swagger works as well. The problem is that Raichu takes lots of damage if it hits itself in confusion.

Oh and just a tip : if a pokemon don't use its attack stat, you can put 0 IV on attack so that confusion and foul play do a (slightly) less damage.

Anyone smart enough to remove IV's from the attacks of their mons that don't need them, is smart enough to handle the mind games of any set Liepard can use. But what will be the answer when teams built around Liepard win, then proliferate? Players might be making this face: :evan:

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I hate battling against Liepard! ;-; Unless I have another priority user, such as Volbeat, it's such a challenge to get through the hax. Annoys me to death.
Also, great thread by the way. They way you opened it up with a story is great; kept the readers interested. Gj =P

I have had success with and against this poke. THe ragequits he induces is quite spectacular. I've ran this monster in RU with a pseudo-prankster gavantula and it has worked quite nice. Scariest thing I faced was a trace porygon2 that took liepard's prankster. >.<;

That EV spread and movepool has me wondering about any changes I might wanna make in the future.

My team is horribly weak to liepard. Unless I want to roll the dice and take a chance I won't smack myself (CB 252 Adamant sawk does about 75% to itself after a swagger). How I deal with it is by constantly switching nonstop (usually between my regirock and alomomola). With 120 NU battle this month, majority of the time i've face liepard was on turn 1, or later on only stealth rocks up so switching was never really an issue. I've seen one person running spikes support with liepard and that was the luckiest battle i've had so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)