Liepard

I dont understand why nobody already did this, but here.

367DF2CC-D2E1-4887-902C-9041B5A76C79.JPG

Pros
-Easily counters aegislash with combination of swagger and foul play (plus, adgislash will just use swords dance anyways most of the time).
-Acces to prankster, so that liepard can easily cripple things that rely on their speed such as cloyster, volcarona, and most scarfed pokemon that aren't immune to thunder wave.
-Decent defensive typing allowing it to be immune to psychic.

Cons
-Very frail , with slight chances of living 2 hits.
-Cannot touch skarmory or blissey, nor any other pokemon with low attack statistics
-Completely shut down by taunt

Liepard is not at all a bad pokemon even though it was ranked in the neverused tier in Gen 5. Actually, Liepard has the ability to stop threats like aegislash easily with a swagger foul play. The funny thing about Liepard is that if you simply miss or dont get confusion hax first turn, your dead possibly. But if you hit the swagger and get the hax, you are free to switch and let something else sweep, or you can stay in and kill with a couple foul plays. Overall, I think Liepard should definitely be OU just because of the possiblities it can open up for your whole team.

Recommended sets (1)

Liepard@Leftovers/Sitrus berry
252 Hp/4 Defense/252 Speed
Prankster - Timid
-Foul play
-Thunder wave
-Substitute/Taunt
-Swagger

Other Possible Movesets (0)

I understand that in 5th gen, some people used fast nasty plot, but really this set has no chance in ou due to threats like conkeldurr on the loose that can easily kill eith priority, and liepard has poor special attack anyways, so it is a neccesity that you run a set like the one above in the OU tier.

Counters/Checks

As mentioned before, If you miss the first Swagger, it's usually over for the purple cat, so basically Liepard can have either a bunch of counters due to its frailty, or it can only have counters such as blissey or Taunt users that dont mind confusion or paralysis. Really, Liepard's checks and counters list always varies depending in simple luck.

Liepard is a cool pokémon, but I don't think that justifies putting it in a team when other, better pokémons can have that spot.

If you must use Liepard, I would recommend using it as a Scout, with U-Turn, Thunder Wave, Substitute and Foul Play.

Relying on confusion is not reliable nor a good idea. I believe there was another swagger set posted somewhere that got shot down as well. And no mention of Encore? A base set of Substitute, Thunder Wave, Foul Play and Encore would seem better.

ok, i just thought it would work well in ou because it has had many considerations for ou, and it can handle powerful things like aegislash, plus i used liepard on Gen 5 and it was awesome with prankster.

Where is Encore?
Encore is amazing against many pokemon that try to set up on you or on other pokemon and lets you gain a lot of momentum with U-Turn, it also works well with Sucker Punch and a weakened Aegislash can be defeated with the combination of Sucker Punch and Encore if he decides not to attack.
If you are brave enough you can also run Copycat to try to boost yourself or lay down hazards along your opponent. It surely needs a lot of prediction but it is also a lot of fun.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Oh My God I remember when Joey laddered with thing in BW.

This thing still gives me nightmares.

If it's one thing I learned, it's that ParaFusion is even more annoying than Deniss' Baton Pass Team.

OK maybe that was a lie nothing is more homosexual than that piece of shit team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)