Like a G6 [Gen4]

Haii. Been a while since I've posted a new team, so I thought I should post one. With this team, I've peaked at around 1350 on PO and in my opinion it's been my best team I've ever made! Anyways...

TEAM LIKE A G6
(Good 6)

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Stealth Rock

One of my favorite leads. Not only can it set up SR, I can use it's flinch to stop things like Aero and Azelf from setting up. U-turn is great for scouting and breaks sashes on Infernape leads. Trick is cripples things like Blissey, RestTalkers, set-up sweepers and Baton Pass leads. In the end, Jirachi is a great asset to any team.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Favorite Pokemon and the first part of my core. SubSplit Gengar is just a beast. Even Blissey falls to it. Substitute is awesome. Not only does it give Gengar an "extra life" it protects it from status. Perfect coverage from Focus Blast and Shadow Ball. Gengar is also my main man for stopping Lucario without Bullet Punch.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

<3 Magnezone. With Gengar being bait for choice revenge killers like Metagross, Scizor and Jirachi, Magnezone plays a very important role in my team. Thunder Wave support is nice for getting Gengar to set-up and Tyranitar appreciates it as well. I use Hidden Power [Ice] because after I kill something, Flygon or Gliscor always follows. Thunderbolt is for the obvious STAB. 4x weakness to Ground and a weakness to Fighting gives me a free switch for Gengar to get in a free sub.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

The last member of my core. Stone Edge is very powerful STAB and can put a dent in basicly everything that doesn't resisit it. Even Skarmory and Foretress can't take repeated hits. Aqua Tail>Earthquake. I like being able to do a respectable amount of damage to Gliscor, Flygon and Hippo while still being able to KO Heatran and.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Wish
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I NEEDED Wish support and a bulky Water. Without them, Suicune, non Thunderpunch Metagross and bulky Gyarados would ravage my team. I use HP [Electric] to do damage on Gyarados, who is an obvious threat to my core.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- ThunderPunch
My 2nd Scarf user and my true revenge killer. Perfect synergy with Jirachi and a pretty annoying U-Turn chain capable of killing Starmie, Celebi and ScarfTar. Earthquake and Outrage for the obvious STAB, Thunderpunch is a KO after Stealth Rock on bulky Gyarados.

THREATS

BULLET PUNCH LUCARIO- Yeah. Obviously it's a threat. If Flygon is still good, it can KO with Earthquake, with Flygon weakened, I'm toast.

SWAMPERT (lol)- Sadly, I have no Grass moves. Even though Swampert can't really sweep my team, I have a lot of problems killing it. I've considered putting HP [Grass] over Ice on Magnezone, but the ability to kill Gliscor and Flygon was too much to pass up.

LEAD MACHAMP- Who doesn't have a problem with this? I could trick my scarf, but I'd rather not lose it that early. Sometimes I have to rely on flinch hax... but no one likes it when I do that.

If anyone finds any others, please leave it in a reply.

Thanks for reading. Baii.

Hello. Just by coincidence, I played against this team shortly before posting this rate, so I got a bit of a feel for how it works. I was using a stall team during my match with you, so I think it's fairly safe to state that most of your team members have problems dealing with stall. SubSplit Gengar is probably your most valuable member against these types of teams, so be sure to preserve it and avoid switching it in needlessly. CB Tyranitar can also be used with great effect; if you predict correctly, you can nail opposing Hippowdon with Aqua Tail for a 2HKO, opening up opportunities to sweep through later.

As far as offensive threats go, you seem to have outlined some of the major ones. Since this team doesn't have a FWG core, opposing Shaymin and Offensive Suicune are also pretty problematic. Both are bulky enough to take hits from your team, 2HKOing every member back in return. Vaporeon may seem like it can deal with Suicune, but HP Electric deals extremely little damage after Suicune outspeeds and gets in a Calm Mind boost or two.

To begin with, I think it would help if you switched your lead. Scarf Jirachi isn't bad, but it's rather outdated in the current metagame. Outside of tricking opponents and using Stealth Rock, Jirachi doesn't have much use, especially with only Iron Head for attacking. One other option to consider for lead would be LO Heatran; it matches up favorably with both Swampert and Machamp, while providing you with a powerful Fire-type attacker.

[box]

Heatran @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion / Taunt
[/box]
This should perform quite well as a lead. LO Heatran OHKOs Machamp with Overheat and Swampert with HP Grass, clearing up your problems with both of them. The last moveslot is really up to you; Explosion removes special walls such as Blissey, potentially opening up opportunities for your special attackers to sweep through, while Taunt helps to shut down stall teams. Finally, it would be quite advisable to try out Toxic over HP Electric on Vaporeon. Flygon's Thunderpunch already takes care of Gyarados, so Toxic will prevent you from being set up on by Offensive Suicune.

Good luck!

Hi, I played this team like 10 minutes ago and I was able to beat it comfortably with my Swampert and Abomasnow. Swampert is a huge threat to your team as nothing can actually 2HKO it, and your switch-in vs. mine was Gengar, which definitely signals a big Swampert weakness. In fact, you don't have much you can do against opposing bulky-waters in general.

I think you should follow Faladran's suggestion of using Heatran as a lead. This allows you to nail Swampert with Hidden Power [Grass], although almost all of them will not fall for it. However, even with Hidden Power [Grass], Heatran cannot come in on Swampert, and although I am slightly reluctant to do this, I think breaking up your Gengar, Magnezone and Tyranitar core. I think an offensive Celebi with U-turn would fit perfectly there over Gengar. I would say Magnezone, but currently your team is horribly Spikes bait and you really need Zone to remove Skarmory and Forretress.

Celebi @ Life Orb or Leftovers
Timid | Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpAtk / 176 Spe
Leaf Storm / Earth Power / U-turn / Recover

This set is perfect for your team in my opinion. Come in vs. a Swampert or another Pokemon you can threaten. Common Celebi switch-ins are Heatran, who you can OHKO with Earth Power, Skarmory, Zapdos, Blissey, Scizor etc etc. This is the beauty of U-turn. U-turn from the Skarmory switch-in to Magnezone and OHKO it with Thunderbolt. U-turn from Zapdos to Tyranitar and Pursuit / Stone Edge for huge damage on it. U-turn to Tyranitar from Blissey and Pursuit, doing 60% as it flees, giving your special attacking members a much easier time. U-turn from Scizor to Magnezone or Heatran and trap or fire off a boosted Overheat. Celebi deals with your Swampert weakness as well.

Good luck!

Hey, good team, seconding Heist's Celebi set, not only does it help you with Swampert, but offensive Water- types as well, which could cause a bit of a hassle for this team. Celebi/Heatran/Vaporeon also completes your FWG core, and these three have perfect synergy type- wise, and handle each other's threats (Vaporeon handles Infernape for Heatran, etc, etc).

At the moment, you really don't have a reliable way to break through Stall. Your best bet is to trap their Spiker with Magnezone, outside of that, a basic Stall core consisting of Skarmory/Blissey/Rotom-A will wall your entire team, and stall it out.

Personally, I think you could try a Starmie over Vaporeon. With Rapid Spin, your team will have a much easier time against Stall, spinning their hazards away, and keeping them on their toes. Their best option against Starmie is Blissey, who greatly fears CB Tyranitar. Nowadays, people keep Blissey on Tyranitar (anything but Superpower), expecting weak attacks from a Scarf variant. You can use this to your advantage, and hit them for a great amount with Stone Edge. You could also lure it out with Heatran and explode. With Blissey removed, Starmie could potentially run through their team, and removing their hazards in the process, while getting rid off hindering status via Natural Cure.

Here's the set:

Starmie@ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt/Recover*
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

*Since Celebi has the majority of Water- types covered, which is what Thunderbolt is for, you could opt for Recover to keep Starmie healthy. You can test both options and see which one fits your team.

GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)