Gen 4 Like Water - Gen 4 OU Team

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Hello, I've decided to post an RMT for the first time in about ten years. After watching a lot of success in SPL revolving around fatter builds with Clef (even without Skarm), Gastrodon, and Latias, I decided to try my hand at composing something with decent offensive pressure while also maintaining a very solid defensive backbone. Either Gastrodon or Latias can sweep on this team, so if my Gastrodon gets crit, I still have other options. One of the main drawbacks of using a lone set up sweeper such as a Gastro or Quagsire relies on the odds falling in your favor, especially since they take a lot more turns to set up than most other set up sweepers. A dd gyarados only needs one turn of setup to be a threat most of the time, so sitting in and cursing up 4 turns in a row plus recovering only decreases the odds in your favor. Therefore going with a second option to fall back on is a good idea. Even the scarf Jirachi here can clean up end game with Magnezone to remove troublesome steels. Without further adieu, here is the team.

jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head

Jirachi is the best Pokémon in dpp by far, in my opinion. It never fails to achieve something, whether that be spreading paralysis, outspeeding a large portion of the metagame, wish passing, or late game cleaning with iron head, as well as checking a lot of dangerous threats. In its given role here, it gains a ton of momentum with U-turn while threatening fast iron heads, tricks, and maybe a lucky para with thunder punch. This is my best answer to gyarados, ddtar, gengar, and other dangerous threats. Originally this was a wish tect variant, but I was a little nervous about ddtar and other dders, so I wanted to add some extra insurance and also a way to gain momentum. I wanted thunderpunch for gyarados mainly, as dnite I can lock into outrage or trick, and Lucario/Scizor are covered with Magnezone and Gliscor. Trick adds a nice way to cripple opposing fat builds that I don't need speed for. As I mentioned in the intro, once Magnezone eliminates some dangerous steels, Jirachi can have a much easier time flinching shit down. You already know we flinch down with no shame around here in the council.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lati.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Latias acts as one of my two set up sweepers, and definitely the more initially powerful of the two with boosted dragon pulses. It has enough speed to take on a decent portion of the game, especially with annoying Jirachis and other steels removed by Magnezone. It doesn't fear crits nearly as much as a result, since I can get knockouts faster with a little bit of less setup, as well as outspeed more things. It acts as a great check to threats like Breloom, Infernape, among others. It can phase and rack up some rocks damage, and roar out things like ddgyara in a pinch. I definitely have to be careful around Tar with this mon, especially with no reflect or t spikes to whittle it down. Overall though, if I'm facing a tar-less team, and with Mag for Jirachi, they can be in a world of trouble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Magnezone is vital for this team, eliminating Jirachis that can hinder Latias, as well as Skarmory's that easily phase out gastrodon. It serves as a back up answer to things like SD Lucario that could be very dangerous if they're Jolly with Ice punch to eliminate Gliscor. It can pick off weakened Metagross and Bronzong that can be annoying as well. Toxic is very important to cripple some threats like Hippo trying to switch in, Gliscor, Tyranitar, as well as late game sweepers like opposing curse Gastro. Thunder wave is always useful on any team, adding a 25% chance each turn to make a Pokémon useless, as well as support my relatively slower team overall. HP Fire is necessary for Scizor that would be an issue without Mag otherwise, and I have toxic to cripple the grounds that Ice or Grass might've been useful for. Overall a key member of the team that is pivotal in removing the best answers to my set up mons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gfastro.jpg

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 144 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Recover

Gastrodon acts as my second set up sweeper, the slower of the two and perhaps a lot harder to kill after a curse or two. Not much in the metagame can 2hko this after a curse, and with Magnezone to eliminate Skarmory, not much can force it out either without taking big damage like a Hippo. The two most common Mons to carry grass attacks are Breloom and Heatran, which I have multiple answers for in Gliscor, Latias for Breloom, and Latias Clef for heatran, as well as Gliscor that can outspeed non scarf variants and threaten Earthquake. So they are hard pressed to do much other than threaten this beast out. Magnezone can even trap a specs locked Heatran if it's locked into its grass attack. Zapdos can threaten with toxic or grass, but waterfall and EQ on roosts can scare it as well. Clefable acts as a great answer for it, however, and Magnezone can spam thunderbolt on it or threaten para/toxic itself. Jirachi can cripple it with a trick, as defensive Zapdos would love a free switchin to a seemingly safe Jirachi. Curse puts a ton of pressure on opponents to stop it or keep it from setting up, and in the meanwhile I'm chipping everything on their team with hazards and chip attacks. In the long run, it can be very difficult to stop this small little turtle thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clefable.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Clefable is a very important member of the team. It keeps up rocks vs Starmie nicely, threatens a large portion of the game with knock off, as well as threatens constant solid chip with seismic toss. Rocks are very needed on this team with the switches a lot of the members force, or phasing with Latias. Clefable is my best answer to Zapdos, and Gastro/ Latias can come in on specs thunderbolts that would threaten this beast. Clefable is probably one of the most annoying Pokémon in the dpp metagame and for good reason. It also acts as a great answer to weaker SpD Heatran that my other members might fear a toxic from. If it's specs, I have to be more careful switching into that monster. Overall a very key member to almost any bulkier build you see nowadays.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gliscor.png

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

Gliscor is the final member of the team, acting as my primary Lucario answer, solid way to threaten metagross, tar, or force a boom against some Bronzong. It shuts down a lot of stall builds almost on its own with taunt, as well as prevents spores and some set ups. I'm running a pretty standard spread with enough speed for adamant Lucario, as Magnezone can take care of the faster ones too. Gliscor appreciates all the bulk it can get against stuff like Metagross, Breloom, and Tyranitar. Ice fang is nice for opposing Gliscor, Flygon, and Dragonites that think they're safe. Magnezone can remove stuff like Skarmory that although Gliscor can deal with long term for the most part, you waste a lot of pp and roosts. Ice fang is nice for random freezes as well as chipping Breloom for an ok amount.

So there you have it. I would appreciate any feedback I can get to make it more solid. I've been putting in a lot of work with the elite council to develop my abilities, and I think I've come a long way with their guidance. You guys know who you are. Love you bros. Please let me know what you guys think. =]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 212 HP / 144 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Recover
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)