Metagame Linked

now, wait just a second... no way, THATS ME!

well uh i came here to talk about pult the spotlight of the suspect so,
:ss/dragapult:
ggwp (Dragapult) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance >>>>|
- Dragon Darts <<<<<|
- Flamethrower
- Steel Wing

this thing is busted lmao. it can get past webs, it can destroy all of its checks that i've seen and considered checks atleast (Kartana, Fairies, Scizor?), its absolutely insane and im glad its beeing suspected. i dont have the replay of it 6-0'ing a team sadly, but it did that yeah. i've seen Ninetales-Alola be used, but it absolutely destroys that. walled by heatran sadly though.

smh my head if i stayed in that game i would've 6-0'd yu!!1!!!11

Hey gamers. Here's 2 ideas that I've been using on teams.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 12 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Moonblast/Soft-Boiled

It stops pokemon trying to snowball with stat boosts with the unaware ability, stalls by raising its defenses, and can sweep with stored power if it's able to set up. Very hard to deal with, it can only really be countered by another unaware pokemon or by hitting it with a strong double attack before it's able to set up.

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Teleport
- Will-O-Wisp/Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz

Arcanine already has Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, but this set allows you to switch out the opponent's pokemon to remove any stat boosts and neutralize threats, and then, after seeing which pokemon is brought in, you can switch in a pokemon that can set up on it or force another switch.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
usualranger5 That was already noticed, as noted in the OP.
Status move + attack:
  • Setup move + attack. Scale Shot is a good finisher here.
  • Lock On/Mind Reader + Dynamic Punch/Inferno/Zap Cannon
  • Charge + Electric attack
  • Laser Focus + strong attack
  • Focus Energy + Snipe Shot (warning: currently Snipe Shot is glitched and targets the user!)
  • Sunny Day + Solar Beam, Rain Dance + Thunder/Hurricane, Hail + Blizzard
  • Terrain + Nature Power, Expanding Force, etc.
I recommend to read the OP of a metagame you aren’t familiar with before you ask any question or reporting something unusual. By the way, your team composition looks very cool!

Reactions: Ivy
I figured I should share some teams since there's only one in the OP. These are what I used in the suspect, I tried to go for weirder builds and got some decent results so here they are.
https://pokepast.es/17ae7b3d6ed2369e - HO
Yeah HO in Linked is quite standard. I initially had Persian in place of Necrozma but that made my team too vulnerable to Clef. Fake Out + Feint Persian is definitely potent though, it can nuke and 1v1 a lot of offensive threats. Necrozma with enough setup can beat Clef, although I think something else can be run over it. Accelgor is a fantastic Spikes lead, Spikes + Final Gambit is a nice combo and I'm surprised I haven't seen it before me. Scarf Ribombee can disrupt most lead matchups, allowing you to clear hazard and set Web at the same time. This was my favorite set back in gen 7 so I wanted to build my first Gen 8 team around this. Lycandusk is a neat revenge killer, and it can also Taunt to keep defensive mons low on HP and not let Clef just endlessly setup on it.

https://pokepast.es/caaacba8dc6c0dc4 - Trick Room
Even with Trick Room restricted, I wanted to make one work. Musharna was chosen only because of Psychic Terrain, if you find that not necessary then Cresselia can be chosen. However I don't know what I want to link with Cresselia since its attacking stats are abysmal. I guess you can run Trick + Lunar Dance to disrupt your opponent or a screen. Since Normal is like nonexistent, I go for double Ghost STAB on Wak, it also handles some itemless mons better. Aromatisse only has 3 moves to force Ditto and Mew to either set TR for you or KO itself. Torkoal works surprisingly well given the lack of bulky mons that handle it, it can KO Pult with Rock up.

https://pokepast.es/aefaf57475544aa2 - Semiroom
Semiroom is really only a thing in Doubles, I was intrigued if the concept can actually work here. This team looks kinda weird, but it does the job well. Melmetal under TR is scary, and even outside of it it's still bulky enough to eat a lot of hits. Each individual mon otherwise looks quite standard, but the weird structure makes it enjoying to pilot, at least for me.

Hum.. I don't understand...
Why dont you ban this f****** mew omg.... It's a cancer on this Meta are you s*****??? To many build on mew it's impossible to predict the set, he already outspeed you of you want to trick Room, or it's a mew in a sticky/tailwind team..
Stop it... Since the biggening it's the only real cancer of the Meta..
Ypu destroy this OM it's a shame... Or the only good reason Why you dont ban it it's because you use it on your stupid team

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hum.. I don't understand...
Why dont you ban this f****** mew omg.... It's a cancer on this Meta are you s*****??? To many build on mew it's impossible to predict the set, he already outspeed you of you want to trick Room, or it's a mew in a sticky/tailwind team..
Stop it... Since the biggening it's the only real cancer of the Meta..
Ypu destroy this OM it's a shame... Or the only good reason Why you dont ban it it's because you use it on your stupid team
We haven't considered banning mew because it's bad etiquette to ban a Pokemon during a suspect test, and your tone isn't really helping your case. I'm leaving this post up as an example for other people to see what not to do when requesting we take action on a Pokemon. Anyway, I will discuss this with Ivy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)