Gen 2 Live GSC Smogcast - Sunday, May 4, 17:00 (GMT -4)

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
The very first GSC Smogcast is finally happening!!! Hosted by royal flush, join our notorious panelists Borat, Jorgen, Conflict, Mr.E and Tiba as we talk about the lovely gen 2. Don't worry, it won't last 300 turns.

Any questions to specific panelists or topic suggestions would be greatly welcome.

The cast will start around 4 PM EDT (GMT -4). Be there and bring your lefties.

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I would like to pose a question to the panel, feel free to answer or not, I have no idea what you guys got planned:

Is Snorlax really broken?????

The largest complaint people have about GSC is that it's too "stallish", but that largely arises from teams using nothing but 6 walls with no offensive presence. What are the elements required to make a good team with offensive presence in GSC?

also bonus question: What is the importance of Spikes and Rapid Spin in the metagame? Do all "good" teams require one or the other or both, and why or why not?

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is this thing happening on twitch or youtube? Will the broadcast be availiable to watch after the 12th?

What is the impact of NYPC moves on the metagame, namely Lovely Kiss on a couple of things, Growth Eevees, etc? What would change if they weren't allowed in standard play due to availiability on cart (similar to hp legend ban)?

What about the whole Celebi thing? How did bans back in the day work? Who decided on them (not only the uber mons but also things like sleep perish trapping and hp legends)? Who would decide on them nowadays?

Since it's a GSC cast, would you talk about other tiers like GSC UU and Ubers too? Were they ever relevant or were they always as dead as they are now?

Will Royal Flush git gud again for next spl?

I will probably think of more and edit it in later. Please don't talk about why snorlax isn't banned for the whole cast.

Last edited:
What is longest game that each of the panelists have played?

Favorite niche mon / set?

Is Mr.E truly the best?

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Given how long GSC has existed, would you consider everything good to have been explored by now, or are there still gems hidden in the ground waiting to be picked up?

borat named Espeon as the "next big thing" in his GSC guide, but it has yet to happen. Who's wrong - borat or the players!?

Best Pokemon in GSC OU besides Snorlax?

Favorite GSC Core to use?

I won't be able to watch this unfortunately, but I hope that this video gets saved up somewhere so I can watch it later. Good stuff guys.

Edit:
Is this thing happening on twitch or youtube? What would change if they weren't allowed in standard play due to availiability on cart (similar to hp legend ban)?
Borat's awesome Growth Vaporeon team would have never been a thing :[

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How do you plan to move on after SPL inevitably drops GSC???

thoughts on hp legends?

what is the ideal way to set up a sweep for the manliest of pokemon, belly drum charizard?

i have heard stories about the mighty light ball pikachu, is it a legit pkmn?

very excited for this!!

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
UU talk? Smeargle needs to go, Venusaur can't be killed, Quag is the reason HP Grass is everywhere, Nidoqueen is godly, RestTalk Dodrio is pretty cool. That's all you need to know.

Awesome, looking forward to it! Hopefully people will share my opinions of blissey's uselessness and scyther being the balliest of all uu ballers.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
hyped as fuck, also:

What about the whole Celebi thing? How did bans back in the day work? Who decided on them (not only the uber mons but also things like sleep perish trapping and hp legends)? Who would decide on them nowadays?

Since it's a GSC cast, would you talk about other tiers like GSC UU and Ubers too? Were they ever relevant or were they always as dead as they are now?

Please don't talk about why snorlax isn't banned for the whole cast.
Edited Beds post and left the parts I agree heavily with. Namely the Celebi thing, we discussed (about a week ago) its banned status and why/why not it could possibly be allowed in OU. I look forward to this anyways.

Last edited:

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Some small questions for the cast:

How much better would Cloyster be if it could get Spin + Boom on the same set?

What's every panelists favorite electric? (Raikou vs Zapdos, Jolteon is just dumb)

...all I've got for now, I'll edit tomorrow when I can think of more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)