Gen 2 Live GSC Smogcast - Sunday, May 4, 17:00 (GMT -4)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ah, right. I forgot Skype is an utter piece of shit program and, for some unfathomable reason, does not recognize my microphone unlike literally all other software.

Sorry I can't meaningfully participate after all.

Just finished watching the cast. It was fantastic hopefully the old gen tournaments will get some attention and attract new players. Sorry about your mic Mr. E hopefully you guys can test this stuff before you go live.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Just finished watching the cast. It was fantastic hopefully the old gen tournaments will get some attention and attract new players. Sorry about your mic Mr. E hopefully you guys can test this stuff before you go live.
Nah, it's nothing to do with testing. I've known about the problem with Skype in the past and forgotten about it since I so rarely use it. (Part of which is because it doesn't pick up my mic...) We were discussing moving to Google Talk briefly but that would've just made it take longer to get the stream started; if we used any other VOIP program I could also participate but Skype has video, which I imagine is highly appreciated when you're streaming (and not just like a podcast or something).

There's nothing more for me to do on my end. My mic works, maybe it's not high-quality but what do I care. All other applications pick it up. Skype's just a POS. Apparently it's quite a common problem too and Micro$hit just has never bothered to fix it.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Great cast. I enjoyed what I heard, but I was kinda multitasking and not paying attention, so I'll probably re-watch it soon.

If there was anything to complain about though, it was that you dug way too deep, way too fast. For a new player, I think it would relatively hard to follow. You should maybe have answered some simple questions, that the newer players might wonder about, like "why are the electrics so good", "how important are spikes", "why isnt borat playing in spl" or something along those lines. But I guess that's what you have guides and threads for (pointing specifically on this one https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue28/gsc, great read, recommended).

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
also for borat, try not to interrupt the others as frequently if you do this again

i had a blast watching (and thanks for answering my questions!), so hopefully this will happen again, maybe for RBY or ADV next time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)