The goal of Live Suspect Tours is to emulate the suspect metagame in a tournament environnement. You will be able to obtain votings reqs through Live Suspect Tours. How will they work though?
Live Suspect Tours will work like our current Smogon Tours. Here are some basic informations:
- You must have a Smogon Forum account to sign-up for a Smogon Tour tournament.
- When the tour registration begins, sign up in the appropriate thread, which will be posted in the Live Tournament Section. A thread will be posted in the OverUsed subforum to advertise it with the exact days and times. The number of spots available for registration will vary based on user activity at the time. It is up to the discretion of the host as to when sign-ups will close. If you do not make the cut-off, you can still sign up as a substitute player if a player does not show up. Substitute players will only be applied in the first round.
- If you have signed up successfully, you must stay for the entire tournament unless you have lost (the Live Suspect Tours will take place on the smogtours server).
- You may change teams between rounds without penalty.
- Do not hassle the host(s) of the current tournament.
- All Smogon Tour participants are expected to behave honestly and ethically in their dealings with opponents, hosts, and tournament directors.
- Hosts have substantial latitude when it comes to running the tour. Obey the host's rulings at all times.
- Tour participants must promptly report when he or she wins the match against the opponent. Failure to do so delays the progress of the tour and may result in disqualification.
The following general rules apply to all tiers and all Smogon Tour matches. The breaking of any single rule, including the match clauses, at any time is grounds for immediate disqualification. If your opponent breaks a rule in your match, you are to report it to the host. Breaking any of the rules may result in a penalty of three points being deducted from your season record. If you are given a 3 point penalty, you are not allowed to join subsequent tours the same week in which the penalty is given. Bad faith attempts to circumvent rules or instances of dishonesty or unethical behavior are dealt with on an individual basis. A range of penalties may be applied in such situations. Habitual rule breakers will be barred from joining the Smogon Tour permanently.
No Ghost Battling
In the case of a player disconnecting during a battle, he or she is automatically assumed to lose unless the non-disconnecting opponent chooses to grant a rematch.
No coaching, advising, or consulting between players is allowed during the Smogon Tour. Anyone found to be either giving or receiving advice will be disqualified and penalized in the standings. Collaboration on team building before the tournament is acceptable.
No Ghost Battling
Do not play matches using someone else's account with or without permission.
A video might be posted later in the advertisement thread to explain how to properly join the tournaments if you still didn't get it. Here is a video of aim explaining the concept of the Smogon Tour to give you an idea: Introducing Smogon Tour 19.
The hosts, days and exact times will be posted in this thread in due time.
The Top 4 players of any of Live Suspect Tournament will be granted the ability to vote for the suspect without the need to ladder for it (if you reach the top 4 twice, you will still only be able to vote once).
Prepare your teams and hone your skills to emerge victorious of these tournaments, where the competition will be fierce!
If you have any questions, then feel free to contact me through a PM.