Local Tournament (4th Gen)

Hi guys, next Saturday in my town a tournament will be held to say goodbye to 4th gen. Is not like Smogon's rules/metagame. This are the rules:

- Lv 50.
- Only legendaries are banned.
- It will have four rounds with single battles and double battles, so, 9 pokemon can be registered:
- Single, 6 Pokémon
- Double, 6 Pokémon
- Single, 3 Pokémon
- Double, 3 Pokémon​
- Same items are not allowed, except for berries. The items can be switchable.
- I can register the same Pokémon twice, but I only can use one at battle.

Ok, now with that rules I start my team:

For single battles!

To start annoying the opponent and also to support my team a bit, I decided to lead with a trickster Smeargle. Spore if is a fast lead, Trick if is a bulky or a one who sets, Stun Spore to annoy other poke...

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
Jolly: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
~ Spore
~ Trick
~ Stealth Rock
~ Stun Spore

Due to that rules, I decided to take Kingdra as the base to form a Rain Dance team for doubles. Its bulkiness and Swift Swim ability makes it a big threat. Now that Garchomp is allowed, I decided to go on a bulky dragon and its Yawn can help me go against Wobbuffet, Blissey and Snorlax.

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant. 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Substitute
~ Waterfall
~ Outrage

To cover Kingdras' Dragon type weakness, I decided to go for a Scizor thanks for its Technician ability, also it have only weakness to fire, something that Kingdra can cover easy, and on the switch I can use Yawn. Sitrus Berry because Leftovers will go for the tank and Bug Bite because the berries are the only type of item that can be repeatable on a team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
~ U-Turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit

If in case that a Swampert shows up against Kingdra and Scizor's combo, I decided to use Jolteon with HP Ice to stop threats like Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados, Togekiss.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Yawn
~ Protect
~ Thunderbolt
~ HP Ice

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
Timid: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Overheat
~ Trick

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
~ Air Slash
~ Body Slam
~ Substitute
~ Roost

For double battle!

Ok, having in mind that there are two rounds of double battling and three spots left, I decided to use them with mostly supportive pokemon for Double Battles. I was thinking of this Pokemon:

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Modest. 132 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 124 Spd
~ Rain Dance
~ Hydro Pump
~ Energy Ball
~ Protect

Toxicroak
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant. 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Fake Out
~ Sucker Punch
~ Taunt
~ Low Kick

Kabutops @Focus Sash
Adamant. 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
~ Aqua Jet
~ Protect
~ Waterfall
~ X-Scissor

Ludicolo in a downpour do a devastating Hydro Pump. Ludicolo and Toxicroak may serve as leaders instead Smeargle.

I could use:
- In singles, 6 vs 6: Smeargle, Kingdra, Scizor, Jolteon, Rotom-H and Togekiss.
- In doubles, 6 vs 6: Ludicolo and Toxicroak as leads, Kingdra, Scizor, Jolteon and Kabutops.
- In singles, 3 vs 3: Ludicolo, Kingdra and Kabutops.
- In doubles, 3 vs 3: Ludicolo, Kingdra and Toxicroak.

Maybe I will go deep on this info later, I'm very tired because I've been thinking of this team several hours ago without stopping. I'm maybe considering on using instead a sand team seeing that Garchomp and Wobbuffet is allowed. I'll appreciate any suggestions, team changes, etc. Thanks in advice for taking your time reading this RMT.

I had a similar competition with some friends a couple of weeks ago.
One simple comment:

IF YOU CAN ABUSE WOBBUFETT, ABUSE IT!!!!!!!!

Really, the one player that used it went undefeated. It may also help you with setting Rain Dance. Just be wary of tyranitar, and make sure to stop it before Wobbu has to come in.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
imo abuse the fact that garchomp and wobba are both aloud, with spin support, wobba is a guarenteed kill on anything! garchomp in the sand isent even fair , their ubers for a reason , if you can use them than do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)