l'odeur de bite

peng

Unmasked
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

l'odeur de bite

//Intro
So I quit mons in like December but have had a couple of weeks with nothing happening recently, so this is the first team I've built since then. The core of the team is just standard bulky offense (Tyranitar + Keldeo + Acro Scizor) but its been working pretty well for me so far. I'm rusty as fuck in teambuilding because its been like 8/9 months since I last played so looking to see if anyone can help make this a little better before I quit again next week!!

shoutout to bkc and harsha and funkasaurus for being cunts and not helping me teambuild, assholes!!

I'm more of a stall player but its almost impossible to make a fun stall build atm without it turning into ScarfTar / Landorus-T / Forret / Heatran / Jellicent / Celebi, so I wanted to try bulky offense. I started the team with RP Metagross because its v v v v v good. Added Acrobatics Scizor because its forces my opponent into positions where they have to let their Metagross checks take a lot of damage and then the battle is v easy. +2 Superpower isn't breaking Skarmory without Life Orb so I knew I needed some insurance against it. Threw in Expert Belt Tyranitar because it sets up SR (needed for the Ice Punch KOs on Latios and Latias, for example) and it traps stuff like Choice Scarf Lati@s which is the only remotely common scarfer that outspeeds Metagross. It also traps Starmie as long as it doesn't switch-in directly, which is important because the best thing Metagross can do to it is Earthquake before taking a LO Hydro Pump to the face. With this bulky 3 mon core in place, I tried LO Analytic Starmie + Gyarados a lot, but ended up with too slow a team that didn't have enough outs against offensive teams if I didn't manage to set-up early. Went with LO Latias next because I needed some speed in the team, plus it checks everything and I already have 2 mons to set-up on choice Pursuits if I end up facing Tyranitar. Scarf Keldeo was put in because why not, its the best scarfer for any bulky sand offense team. For the last slot I experimented a lot with Mamoswine and Landorus-T before settling on SD Garchomp, which helps the team blast through stall and further weakens physical tanks like Hippowdon to help Metagross or Scizor pull out a sweep.
----

winnie l'ourson (Tyranitar) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 136 HP / 168 Atk / 96 SAtk / 108 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Whenever Choiced Tyranitar is popular this set comes back around. Its not exactly unexpected at the moment because its actually pretty popular, but it still manages to do its job very well. Its main role is to eliminate the Pursuit-weak stuff that my sweepers dislike - most importantly Lati@s and Starmie which annoy both Garchomp and Keldeo, but it also provides another way of weakening Jellicent to push for a Metagross sweep. Stealth Rock because I have nowhere else to put it but I generally won't reveal it until mid-game unless I'm up against Volc or something.

I love using EBelt Tyranitar because I kind of enjoy making these specific EV spreads. 168 Atk guarantees an OHKO on Offensive Latias and Latios with Crunch or boosted Pursuit. I can't remember exactly what 96 SAtk does, but it gives Fire Blast a punch and gives you an 87.5% chance of KOing Skarm on the switch-in (with rocks). I'm sure it does something more specific but if I can't remember it its probably not that relevant anyway. 108 Speed is creeping on Skarmory and Jellicent. Rest is thrown into HP although I'd probably get a lot more from it if it went straight into SDef anyway.
----

tigrou (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

chomper!!! This guy is scary as hell and almost impossible to prepare for. He's my main weapon against stall and is a great asset vs Sun too. Teams that rely on Lati@s to check Garchomp struggle to find a response and even against more offensive teams SD Garchomp can take down 2 or 3 Pokemon as they try to wear it down with Keldeo and priority.

I'm using Jolly because Fire Blast generally hits Skarmory hard enough already (53.21 - 62.99%) and taking less damage from Venusaur, Volcarona, Keldeo and other stuff is very important to me. The power difference between Outrage and Dragon Claw is huge and I appreciate the boost against Hippowdon in particular. It puts a lot more pressure on me to flip some coins in some match-ups so I don't get baited into Outraging into steels, but to be honest there are only a handful of steel types that aren't 2HKOd by +2 Outrage anyway and i need those weakened for Metagross anyway, so its not exactly a losing situation.
----

porcinet (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The go-to scarfer for any team with Tyranitar. Its a decent win condition vs offense because they can't really afford to run any good checks or counters to it outside of Lati@s. Moveset is standard - deciding to use Surf + Hidden Power [Ice] instead of Icy Wind + Hidden Power [Ghost] mainly for the consistency and stronger hit against certain Dragons. On top of that, Hidden Power [Ghost] does nothing to Jellicent and whatever else you want to hit with it even if you do catch them on the switch.

Nothing else really to say. Its a good check to Volcarona but that Passho set is a bitch. Other than that its a failsafe against half the tier and means I almost always have at least 1 option against most sweepers.
----

coco lapin (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

I hate relying on Latias as a Keldeo check but sometimes it just has to be done. I double switch around a lot to avoid Tyranitar, but getting trapped can sometimes actually be a blessing as it lets me set-up with half my team (assuming I've scouted for EBelt / Sash, you can often tell from the lack of bulk though). I've opted for Surf over Hidden Power [Fire] / Grass Knot because Latias ends up being one of my Landorus-T checks fairly often and I don't like blowing Draco Meteor on it. DM + Surf threatens Scizor enough from experience, at least weakening it to the point that Keldeo / Garchomp / Metagross can take it on.

Latias is yet another Sun check. Generally I can just get it in early and spam Psyshock to get a few KOs.
----

maître hibou (Scizor) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

I was originially going to try out SD Natural Gift Scizor @ Pecha Berry (90bp physical electric) which looked really cool in my head but I never even got around to testing it because this set was good enough anyway. Sadly it can't threaten Skarmory too much but its not a massive issue - my other 4 Pokemon put a massive dent in it and Scizor is still dealing like 40% at +2, which is enough to apply pressure in a pinch. Acrobatics Scizor efficiently weakens Jellicent and Tentacruel for Keldeo, as well as crippling almost everything else that calls itself a Metagross counter. It also does some other cool / obscure stuff like bait in offensive Heatran to revenge-kill letting me break its Air Balloon with Bullet Punch, meaning it can't stand up to a set-up Metagross later in the battle (although switching to Tyranitar and Pursuiting is a better option 9 times out of 10). Scizor can be great against non-Skarmory stall, because Forretress is just massive set-up bait and you can do a ton to Landorus-T / Hippowdon.

Running Jolly because opposing SD Scizor are up there as one of the biggest threats to the team, and at least having a chance to land a Superpower or Acrobatics on them can end up turning the tables in my favour. The difference in damage output isn't huge either, so it was kind of a no brainer.
----

bourriquet (Metagross) @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Very underrated 'mon. There are so many teams that just rely on Landorus-T to beat generic Ground-weak physical attackers, but Metagross breaks through unscathed with Ice Punch and Clear Body to prevent Intimidate. The ability and vastly superior physical bulk are why I'm using this over Agility Lucario or something, and the lack of Mach Punch weakness is a boon too. Nobody should run Meteor Mash ever; it gets no coverage and Zen Headbutt + 2 coverage is just indescribably better. At +2, Metagross is outrunning every common scarfer (bar weak as balls Scarf Latios), as well as Adamant Stoutland and Modest Venusaur with their respective boosts (not that these are really relevant anymore but it gives you an idea of the speed you hit). At 262 unboosted, Metagross outspeeds Adamant Dragonite by 2 points and Adamant Gyarados by 1 point.

Also Rock Polish >>>> Agility
----

//Threat List
Swords Dance Scizor - Can be troublesome to face because I already rely on Keldeo to beat a lot of stuff. Its fine to handle if its the Acro set because it has no power behind Bullet Punch, but LO sets are tough to face. If they are Adamant then my own Scizor deals a lot with Acrobatics and then I can wear it down with Life Orb damage and Rough Skin. If its Jolly then I need to have kept Keldeo and Garchomp pretty healthy and just try to minimise set-up oppurtunities.

Double Dance Landorus-T - Ojama's slower set is okay to face because Keldeo outspeeds, but the fast spreads can be a handful. Latias and Garchomp are my best checks, so I just have to stop it getting both boosts. Possible to play around but need to be very careful when trapping anything with Tyranitar because then I give it a free boost. This is the only reason I'd want to use Ice Beam Tyranitar.
----

//Importable
winnie l'ourson (Tyranitar) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 136 HP / 168 Atk / 96 SAtk / 108 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

tigrou (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

porcinet (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

coco lapin (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

maitre hibou (Scizor) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

bourriquet (Metagross) @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Everything looks standard bar Metagross xP!

I just came here for nitpicks since teams like this are not easy to rate (personally, nothing to do with you).

Honestly, I'd put Stealth Rock over Fire Blast on Garchomp and just replace EB for CB on TTar (with some EV adjustments obviously). This team has problems facing stall due to a lack of immediate power, which is very worrisome for an offensive team such as this. CB TTar does everything you wanted it too originally (pursuit trap and beat Jellicent) but does it better thanks to better bulk and power, which is crucial for this team. I can see that Scizor might be a tad bit annoying, but Keldeo can switch into stray U-turns and you have more than enough attacks to pelt it with. Honestly, if it's that problematic, you should use Hidden Power [Fire] over Surf on Latias since Keldeo provides water STABs (mind you adjust evs to accommodate more Hp since you can drop a few more speed points). TTar traps opposing Lati twins so you really don't need to speed tie them anyway. TTar + HP Fire Latias is a very strong core in itself.

I'd use HP Electric + Icy Wind over Surf and HP Ice since DD Gyara could be threatening, especially gay Normal Gem variants that smash through Latias.

Like the team! Thanks for sharing :)

I remember facing this team! Yeah, AgiliGross is an underrated threat and I lost to it grrrr. It set up on my Forry and outsped my Keldeo and my hopes and dreams were crushed. Anyway really nice team but i feel that a SubSalac set for Chomp would be better. Your team already puts a lot of pressure on Skarm and Salac is IMO so useful for outspeeding non-Scarfed Lati@s and other Scarfers under 102 speed.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeah this team is basically as good as it will ever be, metagross is really cool and it can absolutely wreck. for some reason people still judge metagross's ability on how much it can explode and how reliably it can set up stealth rocks, which is really a lost cause in bw. but you have an obvious weakness to gyarados which can really damage you badly and you don't have anything too reliable for it, although latias + metagross can beat it so i suppose that can work, but overall i think i'm going to have to second shurtugal's suggestion of trying out hidden power electric on keldeo so you have a way to surely beat it the majority of the time. i also really like the idea of acro pecha scizor, which seems really cool and tbh its something you could definitely try as it would probably break tenta / jelly / toed more effectively, hell even rotom-w would have more trouble. i think it'd honestly be better than acroscor as it basically does the same roll except for maybe missing out on hitting stuff like forry / hippo harder without relying on some sort of boost, but that's irrelevant mostly.

Good luck!

peng

Unmasked
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shurtugal - The team isn't stall weak, its actually one of the easier match-ups. SD Chomp decimates standard sand stall, and even Acro Scizor and RP Gross can do a number on non-Skarmory stall. The CBTar and SR Chomp suggestions actually make me weaker to stall if anything because it turns them into Spikes bait and makes Skarm + Celebi incredibly difficult to break.

ogasian - Same as above, sort of. Fire Blast is invaluable on Garchomp because without it I don't have enough options for taking down Skarmory. I like the SubSalac set but sadly its just not for this team.

PDC and Shurtugal again - Honestly Gyarados hasn't been a huge issue as my Pokemon are bulky enough to take at least at hit from it even at +1 (assuming no LO). I'm happy to test Hidden Power [Electric] but my only real issue is losing the reliability of Surf. I'm already dependent on quite a few low-accuracy moves (Fire Blast x2, Draco Meteor, Zen Headbutt) so the thought of relying on Hydro Pump Keldeo as a late-game option isn't massively appealing. Gyarados can be a dick though so its worth a test, at the very least. Also yes, I should probably try Pecha Scizor at some point - the biggest reason I didn't try it was because the whole "one-time-use" thing was a massive turn off just in case I'm against an opponent who makes aggressive double switches and I end up blowing Natural Gift on something random. Although the extra lure to Skarmory would be nice, its not really needed at the moment.

I don't want to sound like I'm just dismissing a bunch of ideas without testing because I'm definitely open to changing a lot of things, but I guess I know the team well enough to know that it just wouldn't work anywhere near as well without Fire Blast Garchomp etc. Thanks guys.

edit: forgot to reply about HP Fire Latias. At the moment I'm thinking Surf is still the better option because its more reliable vs Lando-T (massive threat), means I have a better shot at taking down weakened Tyranitar and also deals with physically defensive Hippowdon in a pinch. Hidden Power [Fire] doesn't bring as much utility outside of hitting Scizor and Skarmory, which are already 2HKOd by Surf after any kind of residual damage.

I'll test it but just wanted to put my thoughts out there prior to trying it out.

Last edited:
this is the best team name i've ever seen

(and +1 like for agilygross)
It's actually rock polish. Nice team though it's pretty effective so congrats on making it PenguinX! Other then Skarmory, Hippowdon seems to wall lot's of members on your team which can be frustrating. Maybe just add in Ice Beam on Tar or something, which probably isn't the best idea considering he needs all of his moves already, but it's just a suggestion. Nice team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)