Looking for Pokemon Suggestions for Balanced Offense Team

Heya! So I'm not too familiar with teambuilding in Scarlot/Violet, so I did my best to try and make a good balanced offense team and was looking for suggestions. Here's the team I made: https://pokepast.es/0bf9ec267deb7ecf

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Court Change
Cinderace seems to be good when paired with Greninja. His purpose on my team was to be a pivot who could counter stall teams and having priority in sucker punch could potentially snag some KOs against faster Pokemon. With Kingambit around, I'm starting to doubt this Pokemon's placement on my team however.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
Greninja's my favorite Pokemon, and I tried to build this team around him so he could be a mainstay. I built him as a revenge killer/late game sweeper.

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Nuzzle
Now I'm not too familiar with the Pokemon in Scarlet/Violet, but Hatterene looks to be a bulky Pokemon who could stallbreak and cripple opposing Pokemon with nuzzle.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
Great Tusk is my main setup Pokemon, with stealth rock and knock off to cripple, and rapid spin to clean off any potential hazards set against our team.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
Kingambit is a bulky setup sweeper who would come in late game to clean up.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Focus Blast
- Trick
Gholdengo blocks status moves, and its ghost typing can block moves such as rapid spin and cripple stall pokemon with choice scarf.

That's my team! I'm open to any changes in Pokemon (maybe not Gren though please) or movesets that you recommend.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Hey, the team in general is a decent balance team, but I think you need some more offense, to be more specific, you have no instant breakers, which makes this team weak to other balance teams

Big changes:

:greninja: -----------> :Baxcalibur:

Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Greninja just doesn't have enough damage output to be an instant breaker, and with the nerfed battle bond, it only last one team, making it exclusive to HO. Baxcalibur on the other hand is a physical monster, and brings the instant power the team needs to succeed, only Dondozo and +2 defense Corviknight can take this thing head on, everything else gets dropped, be sure to predict well, you don't wanna Glaive Rush into a fairy type, losing momentum. It's also immune to Will o Wisp, making up for the stealth rock weakness

Small changes:

:cinderace: we are going to change the set a bit

Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

This is a more bulky set that fits the needs for this team more, it provides burn support, which your teammates will love because of the chip and the reduced damage they will receive from physical mons (with baxcalibur being the exception), will tank hits more and still has the 3 main moves, tera flying is in case of an emergency with ground types, and blaze is because we are not really using libero. And if Ace is at low health, Blaze boosted Pyro Ball does heavy damage

:hatterene: put 52 speed eves on the hat, this will out speed the 106 speed mark, where :dondozo:, ⁣:garganacl:, ⁣:toxapex: and :quagsire: lives, this is important against defensive teams because hat is one of the best mons against it, and this will help keep the pressure on

:great tusk: we are gonna move the speed a bit, from 68 to 80, this hits 230 and 345 after a rapid spin, this is useful for opposing tusk, as well as :garchomp:

And those are the changes, with this your team has a cool defensive profile while having enough power to muscle through stuff, now get out there and break some skulls

Hey, the team in general is a decent balance team, but I think you need some more offense, to be more specific, you have no instant breakers, which makes this team weak to other balance teams

Big changes:

Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Greninja just doesn't have enough damage output to be an instant breaker, and with the nerfed battle bond, it only last one team, making it exclusive to HO. Baxcalibur on the other hand is a physical monster, and brings the instant power the team needs to succeed, only Dondozo and +2 defense Corviknight can take this thing head on, everything else gets dropped, be sure to predict well, you don't wanna Glaive Rush into a fairy type, losing momentum. It's also immune to Will o Wisp, making up for the stealth rock weakness

Small changes:

Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

This is a more bulky set that fits the needs for this team more, it provides burn support, which your teammates will love because of the chip and the reduced damage they will receive from physical mons (with baxcalibur being the exception), will tank hits more and still has the 3 main moves, tera flying is in case of an emergency with ground types, and blaze is because we are not really using libero. And if Ace is at low health, Blaze boosted Pyro Ball does heavy damage

:hatterene: put 52 speed eves on the hat, this will out speed the 106 speed mark, where :dondozo:, ⁣:garganacl:, ⁣:toxapex: and :quagsire: lives, this is important against defensive teams because hat is one of the best mons against it, and this will help keep the pressure on

:great tusk: we are gonna move the speed a bit, from 68 to 80, this hits 230 and 345 after a rapid spin, this is useful for opposing tusk, as well as :garchomp:

And those are the changes, with this your team has a cool defensive profile while having enough power to muscle through stuff, now get out there and break some skulls
Alrighty, thanks for the help! Unfortunate that I had to remove Greninja, but Cinderace is a pretty cool Pokemon so that’ll make up for it. Thanks for added info and explanations as well!

Big changes:

Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Small changes:

Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

Why 230 speed? :garchomp: hits 333 meaning 223 will outspeed it, and as absolutely nothing has base 107 speed 229 lets you outspeed base 106s (:enamorus: and :iron treads:) at +1. If it’s for speed creep I feel you might as well go up to 234 (base 110s at +1 like :iron moth: or the occasional :zoroark-hisui:, :espeon:, or :gengar:) or 236 (catches :scream tail:, :thundurus:, :tornadus:, and :maushold: at +1 as well).

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Why 230 speed? :garchomp: hits 333 meaning 223 will outspeed it, and as absolutely nothing has base 107 speed 229 lets you outspeed base 106s (:enamorus: and :iron treads:) at +1. If it’s for speed creep I feel you might as well go up to 234 (base 110s at +1 like :iron moth: or the occasional :zoroark-hisui:, :espeon:, or :gengar:) or 236 (catches :scream tail:, :thundurus:, :tornadus:, and :maushold: at +1 as well).
Its a good catch-all numbers and don't worry about it later kind of thing, outside enamorus, treads and maushold, non of the mentioned mons are common, so I think its okay to go 229

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)