SS OU Looking for team help - A Malicious Burn

Hi everyone! This is my first RMT and I‘m looking for team help, without further ado here’s the team. I present to you, A Malicious Burn!

THE TEAM:
:sm/bisharp: :sm/volcanion: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/slowbro: :sm/melmetal: :sm/tornadus-therian:

SETS:
:sm/bisharp:
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

General Role/Tips: Bisharp is a breaker and one half of our offensive core. I like to be super aggressive with Bisharp, doubling when I expect a special wall or anything Bisharp can power through. Bisharp is also very useful utility, if it can’t 2HKO a physical wall coming in after a swords dance, then knocking off the item is great aswell!
Item: Black Glasses helps Bisharp break without taking Life Orb recoil or being choice locked. Thinking of Dropping SD for a coverage move and changing to Band, should I?
Ability:
Defiant is great at punishing defoggers and doesn’t allow Lando-T to come in.
EVs/IVs: Max attack and max speed are for max breaking power and attempting to outspeed anything we possibly can, our breakers don‘t like getting hit!
Nature: Adamant is used for max breaking power, you could run jolly but I am running Adamant.
Moves: Swords Dance is to set up and break walls like Slowbro and Non-Body Press Corviknight, Knock Off is the main attacking move that I click 50% of the time Bisharp is in. Sucker Punch is for priority and Iron Head is STAB for clefable mainly.
Notable Calcs:
252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 329-387 (82.4 - 96.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
May want to change to LO for this calc^

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 109-129 (40.2 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

:sm/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

General Role/Tips: Volcanion is the second breaker and the other half of the offensive core. Volcanion pairs super well with Bisharp, taking out the bulky steels like Ferrothorn that Bisharp struggles with. I like to be extremely aggressive with Volcanion. For example I would stay in on a lando-T earthquake and risk a 30% chance to die but get a kill in return, catching the Lando rocking or u-turning is extremely good aswell!
Item: Choice Specs allow Volcanion to reach max breaking power. We don't mind about being locked into one move as we mainly click Steam Eruption and we don't have any setup moves that we could have used unlike Bisharp.
Ability: Water Absorb allows Volcanion to fix this team's rain matchup, I love leading Volcanion here as I can throw off a super strong rain boosted Steam Eruption if they lead Pelipper, it has a good chance to OHKO Physdef pelipper and cleanly 2HKOS SpDef Pelipper.
EVs/IVs: Max special attack and max speed are for max breaking power whilst outspeeding anything we can.
Nature: Modest is used to break even more as Volcanion is already very hard to switch into.
Moves: Steam Eruption is used as the main STAB, water is a great offensive type so this move is extremely good. Flamethrower is used to hit the Bulky Steels that Bisharp Struggles with. Earth Power is mainly for other Volcanion and sludge wave is for fairies.
Notable Calcs:
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 254-302 (84.3 - 100.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Pelipper in Rain: 200-236 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper in Rain: 294-346 (91 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

:sm/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Toxic

General Role/Tips: I knew I would need lots of pivot moves to get my breakers in, so I needed a Lando-T. He is our rocker and a bulky wall.
Item: Leftovers gives Lando a little bit of much needed longetivity.
Ability: Intimidate allows us to invest on the special side more and become a better mixed tank.
EVs/IVs: The EVs allow Lando to become a strong mixed tank as said earlier and the Speed IVs are to get a slower U-turn on other Lando while still outspeeding heatran (I Think)
Nature: Careful Nature helps to be more specially Bulky and get the slow U-turn as mentioned.
Moves: Earthquake is the STAB that hits lots of things for super effective. U-Turn helps pivot the team in and out, Toxic is to wear walls down, most notably other Lando, and SR is to keep up with hazards.

:sm/Slowbro:
Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

General Role/Tips: Slowbro is the physical wall of the team that is another defensive pivot to get our breakers in. Slowbro provides great utility with future sight helping mainly Bisharp but Volcanion too in wallbreaking.
Item: Colbur Berry allows Slowbro to live +2 Weavile and +2 Bisharp Knock Off and then return with a 4x super effective Body Press, this is useful as otherwise our team is weak to these two.
Ability: Regenerator pairs very well with teleport by soaking a hit, teleporting out and regenerating some health. Regenerator also lowers the need to use slack off meaning we can use utility instead of needing to heal more which is useful.
EVs/IVs: Max Defense and max HP makes Slowbro the best phsycial wall in can be. 0 Speed IVs are to get the teleport last vs other Slowbro or Slowking and 0 Attack IVs are to take minimum Foul Play damage.
Nature: Relaxed Nature achieves the same thing as the Speed IVs and giving us extra bulk
Moves: Body Press is mainly for Weavile and Bisharp and other fighting weak Pokemon, Future Sight is to spread passive damage and help our breakers break, Teleport is to get the breakers in and Slack Off is to heal.

:sm/Melmetal:
Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

General Role/Tips: Melmetal is the special tank for the team, it has typing to resist the moves of many threatening breakers and deal lots of damage in return.
Item: Leftovers gives Melmetal Longetivity.
Ability: Iron Fist improves the damage of Melmetals already super strong Double Iron Bash.
Nature: Adamant Nature allows Melmetal to not be a sitting duck vs things it can stomach hits from.
Thinking of changing this to Careful, thoughts?
EVs/IVs: The Attack EVs improve Melmetal's Damage and the SpD EVs make us a bulkier tank. 12 Speed is creeping other Melmetals (I think)
Moves: Protect is for longetivity with Leftovers, Double Iron Bash is for super strong stab. Earthquake is coverage against things that resist DIB and T-Wave is much needed speed control. Thinking of replacing EQ for Ice Punch to hit Zapdos as it's really hard to vs, I can barely hit it without taking lots of damage. I usually need to bulk a hit with lando then U-turn into Bisharp, Thoughts?

:sm/tornadus-therian:
Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

General Role/Tips: Torn-T is the defogger of the team, he can pivot the team in and out, provide useful utility in Knock Off and get rid of pesky hazards.
Item: HDB allows Torn-T to come in on rocks without taking any damage, then defog them.
Ability: Regenerator allows Torn-T to be a great pivot, gaining some health back after U-Turning into a teammate better fit for the opponent's active. This keeps the team fast paced and gets rid of the need for a recovery move on Torn-T.
EVs/IVs: Max HP allows Torn-T to have a good amount of bulk which helps as a defogger. Max Speed allows Torn-T to abuse it's amazing speed tier.
Nature: Timid Nature further abuses our speed tier.
Moves: Hurricane is great and powerful STAB mainly for grasses which can be a struggle. U-Turn is for pivoting, Knock Off is for item removal utility and defog is to keep hazards off the field.

And that's the team! I would really like some help as to what I can do to improve the team, I am willing to replace anything whether it be moves, EVs or even pokemon. I just want to keep my core of Bisharp + Volcanion

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/ffb2285e103c799f

Thanks again and goodbye!

Nice team! Here are a couple of suggestions that I think could improve your team:

Cut landorus's speed IVs even further. Nowadays, most lando run 23 Spe IVs to outspeed adamant crawdaunt. Heatran isn't a worry because a non invested heatran hits 190 speed (I think) while you hit 210 with 23 IVs. You may want to go lower than 23, but keep in mind that you risk underspeeding some threats if you do so.

On melmetal, if you want to make it a special tank, than consider running an Assault Vest set. Right now, tapu lele OHKOs melm after rocks, while other special attackers do around 40%, which means you can only switch in once. The AV set is below:

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

On Volcanion, this is a really minor nitpick, but putting the last 4 EVs into defence allows you to avoid the OHKO from lando before rocks.

If you disagree or have questions with these suggestions, please let me know.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 244 SpD Melmetal: 408-480 (99.2 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcanion: 254-300 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also, just a little extra thing. How do you make it so if you tap the blue box the text comes up like you did in the calcs?

If you struggle against fero then I would replace knock on torn with heat wave. This also can help strengthen bish knock since torn knocking a mon will weaken bish’s knock. Also this change can help ur torn have a more consistent way to kill grass spam since hurricane can miss and cost u a potential win.

You could try Band Bisharp or Even SD Bisharp with BeatUp over Knock Off. Gives you a way to hit without fearing contact and has 99.8 base power with your team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)