The Team
lopunny-mega.gif
greninja.gif
Vic.gif
landorus-therian.gif
Ferro.gif
Fini.gif

Introduction
This is the production of months of testing, laddering, sweat, blood and tears and I'm happy to finally share it with everyone. It is as Godly as the 1998 Chicago Bulls led by the GOAT Micheal Jordan (Mega-Lopunny) and born and bred in the Land Down Under by yours truly. This team is the best thing to ever be produced in Australia since Steve Irwin and the Hemsworth brothers and has gone head on with Showdown heavy weights like SW, Kory2600 and Ojama. The team is designed take Pokemon one on one, freeing Mega Lopunny late game by chipping and eliminating bulky and faster threats. With SM coming to an end I thought I'd share the team before the generation truly dies. Please note the team was inspired by a Z Dig Weavile team but after set changes and Pokemon changes, it is it's own team.

The Sets

lopunny-mega.gif

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack

Mega-Lopuuny is the Micheal Jordan of OU, out-speeding almost all non scarfed mons and hits harder than my uncle after a night at the pub with a base attack of 136 and easily out-speeding fast threats like Tapu Koko, Mega Medicham, Kartana, and Greninja with a base speed of 135 supports it GOAT status. Lopunny also has access to double priority applying Fake Out pressure which allows you to predict switch ins and wreak havoc with its perfect coverage ability to 2HKO most mons after Stealth Rocks, alternatively doubling out into one of the other hard hitters on the team to gain momentum is an option. Its main counters are Mew, Toxapex, Skarmory, Mega Slowbro, and Clefable due to their defensive bulk, it can cripple/ kill Lopunny in return. Lopunny can easily be revenged by scarfed mons and that psychic fuck Mega-Alakazam, it also takes chip from those flying Gen 5 pricks with Rocky Helmets (Landorus-T and Tornadus-T). However after Stealth Rocks or Spikes or T-Spikes Fake Out into Quick Attack kills Mega-Alakazam and Victini can cripple and easily lay waste to the majority of these mons making it a perfect partner.

greninja.gif

Greninja (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dig
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

Greninja is the Steve Kerr of the team hitting big shots and being a great asset to the team on offence by sniping big threats and counters. Greninja is able to catch many teams off-guard by bluffing Ash-Greninja and killing "counters" on switch and even if the opponent knows the team or the set it is still a threat with the right predictions. The move set is quite self explanatory with Gunk Shot for the Tapu infestation of OU. Ice Beam is for the fuckers who dominate OU like Garchomp, both Lati's, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Hippowdon and Tornadus-T. Z Dig on Greninja is better than on Weavile as it lures more counters in, this Z move is used for the Lopunny counters and other annoying mons like Toxapex, Magearna and Heatran, this limited use of Z Dig means you may have to predict and potentially play aggressively to utilise it properly but Greninja usually gets 1 kill per game. T Spike can be replaced by regular Spike or another coverage move of your choice but T-Spikes even with Tapu Fini on the team proves useful time and time again to apply further pressure. At times you can be extra Ballsy and switch Greninja into Lele's psychic moves but dont make a habit of it as Victini is a perfect switch. But just like Kerr this mon has it flaws as it is more frail than a Vietnam Vet during fireworks and need legitimate special care to make sure it doesn't get OHKO by 70% of mons that hit it for neutral, so be fucking careful and patient with the frog an the frog will repay you.

Vic.gif

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Victini is a living, breathing Chernobyl reactor and it's sole purpose is to fuck shit up on a global scale. Banded Victini is the Kukoc of the team, a foreign dude who is a perfect, consistent sixth man to the team exceeding all expectations. With it's base 100 stats Victini is bulky, decently fast and a very reliable switch in and revenge killer, perfectly countering Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu who are some of Lopunny's main revenge killers and counters. Victini just simply doesn't care what switches into it apart from that flash fire metal dick Heatran, as it is able to 2HKO most shit, can cripple fat fucks with trick or gain momentum with U-turn. Victini is the unlikely hero on the team against rain as Bolt Strike threatens out that dumb pelican (Peliper) and can gain momentum and chip with U-turn. Pretty much Victini is a nuke and just wants to kill shit but use it carefully as it has limited pp meaning you watching out for protect users like Bulu, Mega Sableye and Celesteela. To make life easier for you try predict the switch and ensure entry hazards stay off the field to promote longevity of Victini or all the momentum can shift in a turn or 2 sending you straight up shit's creek.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-turn

To every Micheal Jordan there is a Scottie Pippen who is capable of just being an all round menace on both ends of the floor. This ugly fuck sponges physical hits, prevents Volt Switch and Scarf Earthquake sweeps, cripples fat fucks with Toxic. It also "gets dem bitchez up" (Stealth Rocks), threatens pricks out like Toxapex with Earthquake and gains momentum with U-turn whilst chipping shit with the Rocky Helmet. OU doesn't exist without the pretentious dick himself which is the Lando-T(HICC) and it's high as fuck usage rate exists for a reason. However this mon ain't perfect as scald and burns from Toxapex and Rotom renders it pretty much useless as well as the exceeding prevalence of HP Ice, Rain teams and Ice Beam being more common than an STI in the 60's, you need to be extra carful to ensure the Helmet chip and intimidate pressure stay present in the game so just don't be stupid and reckless with the insanely solid ass mon and you'll be aight.

Ferro.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Defensive Ferrothorn is the Pokemon equivalent of Dennis "The Worm" Rodman with the sole purpose to shut shit down, the mon is life saver and can take an Earthquake into Superpower after rocks from Mega Swampert and takes 2 Sacred Sword's from Scarf Kartana crippling it with Power Whip or T-wave respectively. Ferrothorn regenerates health with implanting seeds in it's opponents, but without much SpDef investment all special attackers tear the mon a new thorny, gaping arsehole (excluding Koko) making Fini or in situations Victini your switch. Just get them Spikes up, para shit and don't let fire or special attacks touch this thing and you'll be in a very good position.

Fini.gif

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 164 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Finally the Aussie of the team, Luc Longley (Tapu Fini), is solid wall always puts in work as it is capable of taking multiple special hits and after a Moonblast or Scald puts Mega Alakazam and Volcarona (after a taunt and some chip) in Fake out/ Quick Attack range for Mega Lopunny. This mon is crucial in preventing T-Spikes from going up you need to switch Fini in before the T-Spikes go up to avoid poisoning and to taunt and defog them shits away. Fini is a great Heatran switch in as long as you are careful of the occasional Z Solar Beam and overall Fini is a solid pick and is a great backbone of the team to counter special attackers that don't have Grass or Electric coverage and is great Keldeo and Ash-Greninja switch in but be careful for other protean Greninja.

Conclusion
The team is a lot of fun and I hope you enjoyed reading and hopefully using the team I'll provide some replays and the paste below to aid in assistance I don't have a Screenshot of the peak but i have a replay that put me at 1916 against Redemption. Quick shoutouts to Fireside most notably Ske (who deserves some fucking team building awards you stingy pricks at Smoogon (No hate just a joke)) Rojo, Tbestutin, my brother(s) from another mother Kang and Waveshaper, Mob Barley for just being an awesome guy as well as FlinchGymLeader, TheDarkSwirl (he is not washed up yet) and that dude named Doug.

The paste and Replays
https://pokepast.es/ec442bdf63387e85
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-955558675 against Redemption (shows hitting 1916 during OLT)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-956971487 against Kory2600
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-954071209 against SW (using rain)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-955504201 against Ojama​

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Yo KobePayne

Overall, your team is really solid. I'm glad to see that it features M-Lopunny which is cool rn. But I think that your team still has a room to be improved, and I'll try to do it in this rate. Ok, let's go into my suggestions!

Major Changes
>
: the only major change I'd suggest is putting Rotom-W over Tapu Fini. This change will give your team two important things: a second Ground immunity and a Flying resist. I think that at least two Ground resists/immunities are mandatory on every team, since popular Groung-types like Landorus-T and Garchomp could break one of them relatively easy (depending on their sets) and then just spam Earthquake if there aren't any more switch-ins on Ground. I consider at least one Flying resist mandatory as well, given how popular Tornadus-T is. Rotom-W excellently fills both roles while still having a Defog and being able to switch on non-ZGrass Heatran as well as boasting access to Volt Switch which is amazing for faster teams like yours. The EV spread of 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD and a Calm nature let Rotom-W survive two Dark Pulses from pre-Ash Greninja. 30 Speed IVs also guarantee you a slower Volt Switch vs opposing Rotom-W most of the time.

Minor Changes
: since I replaced Tapu Fini, Ferrothorn should be your main special wall. The EV spread of 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD and a Careful nature helps Ferrothorn sponge special hits. Also, since your matchup vs offense is already good, I don't think Thunder Wave is that necessary on Ferrothorn; I'd use Knock Off instead of it because it can cripple bulky structures which is really useful for your team.
>
: while your team is already fast, I still would prefer having a Scarfer on it in order to have more revenge killing options and stuff like that. Choice Scarf Victini is a decent choice here. I opted for Final Gambit alongside max HP investiment to take something down in a pinch.
>
: alongside Protean Greninja I usually want some another strong wallbreaker, and often it carries a Z-Crystal. Your team is not an exception - since I want to give a Z-Move to another Pokémon, I suggest you to give Greninja an Expert Belt. Regarding its moves, I decided to go with Ice Beam / Extrasensory / Hidden Power Fire / Gunk Shot or Spikes. Extrasensory is like Z-Dig - lures Toxapex, while HP Fire hits Magearna, Ferrothorn, and the likes. Why not Toxic Spikes? This is a pretty niche move which is used on certain builds, and regural Spikes are generally more useful. The choice between Gunk Shot and Spikes is your own, and it affects a couple other sets of team members. I'll explain it later.
>
: since your Z-Move slot is free now, I suggest you to give a Flyinium Z to Landorus-T with the moveset of Swords Dance / Earthquake / Fly / Stealth Rock or Gravity. The choice between Gravity and Stealth Rock is heavily connected with your move choice on Greninja: if it is a 4 Attacks variant, then you use Stealth Rock on Landorus-T and Spikes on Ferrothorn, or if your Greninja is Spikes + 3 Attacks, you use Gravity on Landorus-T and Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. Why Gravity is an option? Because it lets Landorus-T ignore Ground immunities and smash them with Earthquake, and combined with Swords Dance it allows Landorus-T to just eliminate fat builds. You can also choose your movesets from here rather than from Greninja: do you want an amazing balance breaker with offensive Spikes setter and defensive Stealth Rock setter, or an offensive Stealth Rock setter with defensive Spikes setter and an amazing coverage on Greninja?

~~~

This definitely was a cool team to rate! I couldn't decide which combination of movesets is better so I leave a choice up to you. Hope you like my version of this team! Have a good day! Oh, and below you'll find an importable - just click on the sprites.

Last edited:
Yo KobePayne

Overall, your team is really solid. I'm glad to see that it features M-Lopunny which is cool rn. But I think that your team still has a room to be improved, and I'll try to do it in this rate. Ok, let's go into my suggestions!

Major Changes
>
: the only major change I'd suggest is putting Rotom-W over Tapu Fini. This change will give your team two important things: a second Groung immunity and a Flying resist. I think that at least two Ground resists/immunities are mandatory on every team, since popular Groung-types like Landorus-T and Garchomp could break one of them relatively easy (depending on their sets) and then just spam Earthquake if there aren't any more switch-ins on Ground. I consider at least one Flying resist mandatory as well, given how popular Tornadus-T is. Rotom-W excellently fills both roles while still having a Defog and being able to switch on non-ZGrass Heatran as well as boasting access to Volt Switch which is amazing for faster teams like yours. The EV spread of 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD and a Calm nature let Rotom-W survive two Dark Pulses from pre-Ash Greninja. 30 Speed IVs also guarantee you a slower Volt Switch vs opposing Rotom-W most of the time.

Minor Changes
: since I replaced Tapu Fini, Ferrothorn should be your main special wall. The EV spread of 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD and a Careful nature helps Ferrothorn sponge special hits. Also, since your matchup vs offense is already good, I don't think Thunder Wave is that necessary on Ferrothorn; I'd use Knock Off instead of it because it can cripple bulky structures which is really useful for your team.
>
: while your team is already fast, I still would prefer having a Scarfer on it in order to have more revenge killing options and stuff like that. Choice Scarf Victini is a decent choice here. I opted for Final Gambit alongside max HP investiment to take something down in a pinch.
>
: alongside Protean Greninja I usually want some another strong wallbreaker, and often it carries a Z-Crystal. Your team is not an exception - since I want to give a Z-Move to another Pokémon, I suggest you to give Greninja an Expert Belt. Regarding its moves, I decided to go with Ice Beam / Extrasensory / Hidden Power Fire / Gunk Shot or Spikes. Extrasensory is like Z-Dig - lures Toxapex, while HP Fire hits Magearna, Ferrothorn, and the likes. Why not Toxic Spikes? This is a pretty niche move which is used on certain builds, and regural Spikes are generally more useful. The choice between Gunk Shot and Spikes is your own, and it affects a couple other sets of team members. I'll explain it later.
>
: since your Z-Move slot is free now, I suggest you to give a Flyinium Z to Landorus-T with the moveset of Swords Dance / Earthquake / Fly / Stealth Rock or Gravity. The choice between Gravity and Stealth Rock is heavily connected with your move choice on Greninja: if it is a 4 Attacks variant, then you use Stealth Rock on Landorus-T and Spikes on Ferrothorn, or if your Greninja is Spikes + 3 Attacks, you use Gravity on Landorus-T and Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. Why Gravity is an option? Because it lets Landorus-T ignore Ground immunities and smash them with Earthquake, and combined with Swords Dance it allows Landorus-T to just eliminate fat builds. You can also choose your movesets from here rather than from Greninja: do you want an amazing balance breaker with offensive Spikes setter and defensive Stealth Rock setter, or an offensive Stealth Rock setter with defensive Spikes setter and an amazing coverage on Greninja?

~~~

This definitely was a cool team to rate! I couldn't decide which combination of movesets is better so I leave a choice up to you. Hope you like my version of this team! Have a good day! Oh, and below you'll find an importable - just click on the sprites.
Hey Egor,
I really appreciate the interest and honest thoughts on the team and I'd like to try address all your potential changes :)
Physical Ferro was designed to help heavily with rain and scarf Kart due to it amazing bulk and access to T-wave and SpDef Fini to hard wall Ash-Gren and Keldeo as well as provide terrain and a better Volcarona MU. Rotom-W was used instead of Fini at a point as BDNZ suggested and even tested the change. But I personally I just wanted to use Fini to remove other terrains and have a Gen 7 mon on the team as well as having a fairy type to help with newer threats like Kommo-o. Band on Victini is a must for me and really helps out with stall due to it's extra high damage and in my opinion doesn't need the extra speed but each to their own and I did see you suggest SD Lando-T but i just feel like banded Victini is just too strong to pass up on. I do really like the expert belt Greninja and Z-fly Lando-T idea/ change but the Helmet chip is really nice against opposing Lando-T's to allow Lopunny to go to work and the Z-dig on Greninja is really nice and gets me super hype when I predict their play/ switch right and just OHKO a bitch.

Overall I believe every team can have minor and even majors changes to best suit the user's play style/ individual flair and for me the team I made best represents my personal play style and aggressive nature but if i were to play SMOU again I will 1000% try the team!!

PS the sprites were dope and if you have any other questions/ wanna discuss mons feel free to message me!

PPS sorry I took a while too reply thats my bad

Last edited:
would've liked to see a replay against stall
dragonclaw723
Sorry about that I only really saved games against bigger named opponents and during OLT I didn't have many stall games. I honestly didn't think I'd make an RMT so I didn't bother saving the replays but my advice is to predict and utilise Victini's high as fuck attack to faint any mon in order to create an opening for the rest of the team. If you are having a very unfair match up or hard time breaking you can trick the band to an annoying mon but i personally believe the band is very useful in the earlier and adolescence of a stall game and waiting until at least mon is gone before tricking but it comes down to match up and your perceived end game. Stall is called stall for a reason you just gotta play it out there really isn't much I can tell you that you probably don't already know but feel free to message me if you have further questions or help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)