LordliOffense (An OU RMT by Lord Liam)

It's been a while since I posted my last RMT, and since then, I have been working on a team that handles the metagame. The team itself has sheer power through incredibly powerful sweepers, the ability to force switchs with my insane type coverage and the ability to best almost every single Pokemon used in Overused. This team has done incredibly well for me, sporting a 95% win percentage (Out of about 40 battles). Without further ado, I'd like to present LordliOffense!

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
Nature: Timid
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam

This set was suggested to me by Seven Deadly Sins, and has worked wonders for me. Starmie has the ability to 2HKO nearly every lead in OU with it's amazing type coverage of Water, Ice and Electric. While Starmie serves an excellent lead, he can sweep late game with the amazing type coverage I mentoined in the last sentence. Recover is there solely for the sake of healing LO damage, and Starmie is bulky enough to use it. Thanks SDS for suggesting this set to me :)

Dark attacks go to Heatran or Scizor
Ghost attacks go to Heatran or Scizor
Bug attacks go to Heatran
Electric attacks to go Latias

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Substitute

When you see a Heatran come into battle, most players expect a choiced Tran. But, when you whip out Substitute as they switch, they're in for a world of pain. Fire Blast and Earth Power give me incredible coverage, hitting almost everything in OU for super effective damage. Toxic is used on this set to wear down walls I normally can't do anything to, including non Aromatherapy Blissey and Vaporeon. Also, Heatran can come in on Choice Attackers with impunity, with his excellent typing. He sports useful resistances/immunities to Dark, Ghost, Poison, Steel, Grass, Fire, Flying, Psychic, Normal, Bug, Dragon and Ice. Whew, he can come in on 12 different attacking types, that's incredible!

Ground attacks go to Gengar or Latias
Water attacks go to Latias or Starmie
Fighting attacks go to Gengar

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Attack, 244 HP, 12 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Fire attacks go to Heatran, Latias

Seriously, if you aren't using Choice Band Scizor, you aren't using Scizor right. Scizor has the ability to force switchs, allowing him to scout with U-Turn, which is undeniably his best move. With my team's incredible type coverage, I can bring something in to beat their Scizor counter, and allow Scizor to sweep late game with Bullet Punch. Aside from scouting, Scizor acts as my Pursuiter, getting rid of many pesky ghosts, such as Gengar and Rotom that could pose threat to my team. Superpower is there to kill Snorlax, Blissey and Tyranitar, while dealing with predicted Heatran switch ins.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power[Fire]
- Focus Blast

Gengar is an incredible Pokemon on this team. His excellent typing allows him to come in on Normal, Fighting and Ground attacks. He is also my primary counter to Lucario, especially non Crunch variants. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give me unresisted coverage, making it hard to switch in to Gengar outside of having a Special Wall. Thunderbolt is used for hitting Water and Flying types, and is generally a good move. Hidden Power Fire was chosen over Explosion mainly because I wanted something to hit Breloom and Heracross, as well as smoking Scizor, who almost always uses Pursuit. It is also my move to use against Lucario, as Focus Blast's shaky accuracy isn't always favourable.

Psychic attacks go to Jirachi
Ghost attacks go to Heatran, Scizor
Dark attacks go to Heatran, Scizor.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP, 176 Speed, 80 Sp.Atk.
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

If you look at the members of my team previous to Jirachi, you see a gaping weakness to stall. Jirachi is here to remedy that, being one of OU's best Stallbreakers, especially since it has the ability to defeat Blissey. Very few Pokemon can resist both Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon (Shedinja and Electric types are all I can think of off the top of my head), which is great to have against Stall. Jirachi has a field day setting up with it's myraid of resistances, including a notable resistance to rock, which my team benefits from. Jirachi also 6-0s noobs who use awful movesets and EVs on their Pokemon with impunity, if some "Unbeatable" guy comes to play me with his "awesome" never-losing team.

Ground attacks go to Latias, Gengar
Fire attacks go to Heatran, Latias

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick

Latias was chosen in my last spot for her immunity to ground, and ability to revenge kill both Gyarados and Salamence after a Dragon Dance. Latias also serves as my counter to Infernape, and my backup Tran counter, with her monsterous Special Defense. Surf is used for beating up the mentoined Infernape and Heatran, as well as any Rock/Ground Pokemon. Thunderbolt is mainly used for breaking Gyarados, as my team is weak to it. Trick lets me cripple incoming walls, such as Blissey or Snorlax. Finally, Draco Meteor is there for me to inflict insane damage on anything that doesn't resist it.

Ice attacks go to Heatran (she can take weaker ones)
Dark attacks go to Heatran, Scizor
Ghost attacks go to Heatran, Scizor.
Bug attacks go to Heatran.
Dragon Attacks go to Heatran, Scizor, Jirachi.

Well, that's the team for you, I hope you enjoyed reading it. I've had several people comment on it being one of OU's best teams, having weakness to very few Pokemon (Including SubChamp, which every team without Slowbro suffers from being weak to.)

Post any weaknesses you see, or Pokemon that could fufill a role better than someone currently in my lineup. Thanks for reading!

THREATS TO MY TEAM

SubChamp: It's extremely annoying, and any team without a Slowbro will have to make a sacrafice in order to kill it.

CurseTar: With Scizor gone, it's a pain to take down.

SpecsJolt: If it predicts right, it can be really hard to kill. Latias is my best option to sponge it's Thunderbolts.

Surprisingly, I've only found 3 Pokemon to be bothersome to me.

Give latias a modest nature and you might want to consider Substitute over HP fire on Gengar since most scizor just bullet punch it (well most I've faced anyway) but if you want it for breloom and heracross then ok. Other than that nice team.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

moveset and EVs
lack of SR

How to fix:

Hey good team, you seem to cover a good portion of the threats already. Hard to believe you had a high win with no SR. First priority is finding a SR user. Personally, I'd just go for Aerodactly lead to give an up-tempo pace while ensuring you lay down quick SR.

Aerodactly
@ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature (Spe+ / SpA-)
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Quickest SR in the game coupled with Taunt makes it a reliable suicide lead. This is almost a random selection but it came down to having the fastest SR. Rock Slide is great because of the added flinch, which usually helps vs. Salamence trying to score a DD hoping to survive Rock Slide. Earthquake gives coverage and completes the QuakeEdge combo. Taunt ensures you opponent doesnt plant SR and give any set ups.

As for the EV problems, Scizor really wants the standard 248 HP because its "slow U-turn" is what makes it unique. The added bulk is required too, which helps you fight against Latias and such.

As for other options go, Explosion on Gengar over Thunderbolt can be accommodating for your team, which generally helps against Stall. Seeing how this team is unbalanced in the physical and special attacking department. Explosion can give a nice welcome to Blissey.

Overall gl with this.

Running Modest simply ruins the point of Latias, as I can't revenge kill +1 Dragon Dance Salamence if they opt to run Max Speed, which most do, as they rely on their speed to be effective. LO Scizor is becoming less and less popular, and CB Scizor has become more popular for a myraid of reasons (it's overall better). Scizor will almost never use Bullet Punch, and if they do, free setup for Heatran or Jirachi.

Hey Liam! :)

I can't see anything immediatly wrong with it.
Upon further examination, you are weak to some of the "off the beaten path" movesets.

DDTar (who is commonly paired with Magnezone in my experience.) will give you trouble the standard CBTar will Pursuit trap half of your team. (Albeit Gengar, who has a 70% chance to survive,) and CurseTar can eat you alive if it can manage to find time to set-up with Scizor gone.

You seem just a tad-bit DDmence weak, but Scizor and Latias Check it.

BP Teams will laugh at you.
Rain Dance teams are probably going to eat you alive.

A really good team, but the metagame has found quite a few ways to counter hyper-offense.
Hope I helped!

I've always thought of Aerodactyl to be an awful lead, and as many experts will argue, "While SRs is a great move, it's not worth sacraficing my lead for." I love to have the raw power of being able to defeat all the common leads, and having a fun late game sweeper with epic type coverage.

Also, Latias can sacrafice itself to defeat Cursetar if needed, by tricking it her scarf. If the Tar uses Payback, then I can go to Heatran and set up. If it uses Curse again, it's screwed.

PS: Rain doesn't really give me problems, as Latias destroys it. Ice Beam really doesn't hurt Latias. TTar is probably the only Pokemon who can do a good number against my team, it's monsterously strong.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If your not sold on my idea with Aerodactly, try Swampert with 252 Hp / 252 Def / 6 Spa over Starmie. The moveset you want is Earthquake / Ice Beam / SR / Roar. Relaxed nature is what your looking for too. This can fit in because it can beat any Curse T-tar any day. Roar or Earthquake make it think twice when switching in.

A smart player would switch out when a Latias *delibirately* comes in on a Tyranitar.
At least, I would. :x

Oh, and I like Franky's suggestion!
Use 240HP/ 216Def/ 52SpA Relaxed though Liam.
You should beat Naive DDmence 100% of the time with this spread.

That fixes alot of problems Franky; thanks!

I'm not particulary sold on the idea of Swampert since it doesn't seem to fit your team. I dunno, Swampert just sits there and counters random stuff while everything else takes a more aggressive approach if that makes sense. If you still want SR (I would reccomnd it, I just find really handy during battles if that means anything), I would consider changing your Heatran set. Something like Fire Blast/Earth Power/ SR/ Explosion @ shuca (keep the same EVs, except go for a naive nature) sounds good. The reason I suggest this is your team doesn't really care aboout luring in bulky waters as not much is really walled by them, except for Jirachi vs pert. However, getting rid of dedicated special walls like Blissey would really help out stuff like Gengar and Latias. Heatran can always bluff scarf and explode on unsuspecting Blisseys ect.

I dunno if that helped, I honestly think I'm pretty bad at rating teams but w/e.

EDIT: 52 special attack EVs was for chomp, I'm pretty sure no special attack investment stills OHKOs mence so you could always dump those EVs into defence.

I'm going to consider both suggestions, as both seem solid. Lead Starmie allows me to have a more offensive approach, but still leaves me prone to TTar. Hmm.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ok, first of all please stop tooting your own horn. "I've had several people comment on it being one of OU's best teams"; fanboys who admire you for using butterfree in ou dont count. also remove this please "Fire Blast and Earth Power give me incredible coverage, hitting almost everything in OU for super effective damage." in fact, the majority of ou takes either neutral or resistant damage from those attacks. i just thought i'd point that out to you before i started rating.

okay, on to the rate! you attempt to wear down the opponent via your whole (specially biased) team. blissey eventually succumbs to trick/toxic/jirachi/gengar's repeated assaults. this team does have its fair share of problems. the first and foremost is the lack of a proper electric resist-specsjolt really tears your team up. second is the lack of a good fire resist. latias is, once again, worn down easily with SR and the attacks she's taking. heatran is ohkoed by most users of fire type moves (infernape, heatran, etc), and starmie is taking a beating from the get go at the lead position.

my suggestion is to replace latias for a scarfed flygon. flygon does latias' job just as well, if not better than she. he has a nice resistance to stealth rocks, and two crucial immunities to electric and ground. not only this, but stab earthquake is better for beating things like tyranitar, and stab outrage is really cool to clean up late game + kill salamence. imo thunder punch > stone edge; while stone edge does hit salamence and gyarados, thunder punch will ohko gyarados while outrage covers mence. the only disadvantage is that it ties jolly +1 252 salamence, but honestly salamence is the least of your worries with a scarfgon + a scizor. advantages include ohkoing tyranitar, not being pursuit weak, and having two reliable stabs.

this leaves you a rather large fire type weakness. sure you have two resists, but lack of recovery + most fires being able to ko them isnt helping. imo swapping heatran and starmie, and making starmie a more defensive spinner variant. shuca tran is a really good lead, and gives you some much needed rocks on your team. a bulky water here really fits, and starmie keeps up the nice offensive pace you set. i use a more offensive starmie to 2hko the specially bulkiest rotoms you should find with rocks down. spinning also turns those ohkoes and 2hkoes into 2hkoes and 3hkoes, respectively. i feel you should run your shucatran with flamethrower/hpgrass/earth power/stealth rocks-it will always 2hko azelf and metagross, whilst launching an ohko on swampert and still laying down rocks. on the point of starmie, my set is

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 208 HP/216 Spd/84 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
---

good luck, hope i helped!

Those are actually really solid suggestions, I usually expect you to be awful at everything Bad Ass >.<.

Anyways, the Lead Tran and Starmie sound good, but I'm not completely sure about Scarf Flygon. After SR and LO, Scizor doesn't even have a 100% chance to kill it.

Also another thing, Tran carries many of the team's resistances/immunities, if he's my lead, he might die early, which could cause problems later.

Guess I'll playtest a bit.

I don't really know why you posted a RMT if you went 95%. Doesn't that mean it is fine?

Anyway since you are weak to Tyranitar a little you might want to make Jirachi physical with Iron Head. The Wish Support seen in her analysis would probably be helpful. Of course changing him might give you a problem when facing stall. I try to counter stall by giving Scizor the speed Ev's suggested in his SD set with a Choice Band instead, so that he U-Turns first and let's the switch in attack with the Sub out of the way. It also helps so he doesn't get Thunder Waved by Cresselia and Stone Edged by Tyranitar first.

Just a suggestion. I think the lead is great too, Stealth Rock is not essential on every team unlike almost everyone thinks.

Bad Ass, I've tried your rates, excluding the Flygon one, and they aren't really working. I might add some Bulk to my Lead Starmie, however.

Reasoning: Getting rid of their lead quickly pretty much puts me at a 5-0 advantage at the beginning of the game, making it easier to win. Plus, Heatran carries alot of my team's 4x resistances, and he dies too quickly in the lead position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)