LordliOffense v.20 (An OU RMT by Lord Liam)

It's been a few weeks since I first invented this team, and since then I've been working to make it better. I've given the team as many resistances/checks as possible, while still having tons of offensive pressure. I've fixed almost every problem from my last team, except for the fact that Rain Dance / Stall team do a number. To any standard team however, this team is a force to be reckoned with, and I'd like to share it with you. The only returning members from the last team are Scizor, Heatran and Latias. So, without further ado, I'd like to present...

Lordli Offense at a glance!

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Snow Cloak
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Endeavor​

Mamoswine is an extrordinarily effective lead for this team, as it has the power to both setup Stealth Rocks, and defeat the opponent's lead in the process. Setting up Stealth Rocks is usually my first priority, as they are infinity helpful on such an offensive team. Earthquake is Mamoswine's main STAB attacking move, giving him the power to defeat Metagross and Heatran leads. Ice Shard is used to finish off Focus Sashers, and 2HKO Aerodactyl and Azelf. Endeavor is a little trick up Mamoswine's sleeve, letting him do some real damage when his Sash has been activated. In my opinion, Mamoswine should be more common as a lead.

Who does Mamoswine main-check?
Nobody, he's my lead. But if he survives, Ice Shards can check Mence.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
-Superpower
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit​

Scizor is placed on this team mainly for his ability to defeat Salamence with Bullet Punch, but he has many other uses. With 248 HP, Scizor can come in on most Gengar and Scarfed Rotom and Pursuit kill them, which is great as my team doesn't smile upon opposing ghost types. Scizor also scouts with STAB U-Turn, and gives me the field advantage as I go into something that can beat whatever he has out. He also acts as one of my Tyranitar checks, which is huge, as TTar can do a number to my team. Scizor is a very important link in my team.

Who does Scizor main-check for my team? (Jesus, such an important member!)
Salamence
Gengar
Mamoswine
Weavile
Tyranitar
Latias
Celebi
Ninjask
Rhyperior
Blissey
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Azelf
Alakazam
Porygon-Z
Smeargle
Cresselia
Umbreon​

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Crunch
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed​

Lucario is unarguably the weakest link on my team, but still has his uses. He sports very useful 4x resistances to both Dark and Rock, helping me against Choice Band Tyranitar. He also acts as a powerful late game sweeper, with the most powerful priority move in the game, 120 BP STAB Close Combat and Crunch to deal with ghosts. Even when Lucario can't get a Swords Dance off, his type coverage can still dent/sweep teams. While Lucario is generally useful on this team, he's the weakest link and if somebody had to go it would be Lucario.

Who does Lucario main-check for my team?
Nobody, Lucario is a stand alone sweeper. His Extremespeed checks things at low HP though.​

Heatran @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Taunt
-Dragon Pulse​

Heatran acts as offensive glue on my team. A large portion of my team is weak to fire and stall, so Taunt LO Tran works perfect in this spot! Taunt does a large number to stall, enough for me to bring my Lucario in later int he match and sweep the team. This Heatran carries many of my teams important resistances and checks, making him a key member on this team. Dragon Pulse, Earth Power and Fire Blast give unresisted coverage, hitting everything for atleast neutral damage. Life Orb is chosen over Leftovers, so that Heatran can do more to some Pokemon, mainly Blissey, as I need to do alot of damage to her. I believe LO STAB Fire Blast does 25% to the standard Blissey.

Who does Heatran main-check for my team?
Skarmory
Forry
Metagross
Dusknoir
Bronzong
Scizor
Jirachi​

Latias @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
152 HP / 8 Def / 96 Spe / 252 Sp.Atk
-Psycho Shift
-Draco Meteor
-Recover
-Surf​

The set/EVs look pretty whacky, don't they? This is a very effective set that was made by RaikouLover. My team absolutely hates paralysis/burns, so this Latias can come in on them and spread 'um around with Psycho Shift. This Latias also carries my team's only real electric resist, which is extremely important. Recover is used to heal off damage, which is needed so I can keep coming in on resisted hits. Latias also acts as a mini Specs Latias, launching insanely powerful Specs Draco Meteor, that will put a hole in ANYTHING. Not even standard 252/0 Suicune can survive the blow of Max Sp.Atk Life Orb Latias's Draco Meteor. I took Surf over HP Fire because it has overall better coverage with Draco Meteor, and helps me against Heatran and Infernape.

Who does Latias main-check?
Infernape
Jolteon
Zapdos
Gliscor
Heatran
Swampert
Hippowdon
Breloom

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Ability: Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat​

Rotom is an extremely valuble revenge killer in today's metagame, capable of checking Gyarados, Lucario, Scizor and Gengar. Rotom-H has the ability to do this with his good type coverage consisting of Electric, Ghost and Fire. Rotom also carries a useful 2nd immunity to Ground and a useful resistance to Electric if Latias is not around. You're probably wondering why I went Rotom over Gengar. It's pretty much just his bulk and typing, which I'm trading for less Sp.Atk and Speed. Although this may seem like a bad trade, the ability to not be revenge killed by Scizor is invaluble. Trick is used to help me against walls like CroCune and Blissey.

Who does Rotom-H main-check (Alot of them, hence why Rotom is so needed on this team!)
Rotom
Electivire
Gyarados
Starmie
Empoleon
Togekiss
Lucario
Heracross
Suicune
Tentacruel
Vaporeon​

Alright, there's the team. The big weakness I've found is that I'm very weak to Rain Dance, only Rotom can really touch them. Anyways, here are the Pokemon who are not listed as checked by any Pokemon, but how I can get around them.

Dragonite: He's a bulkier Mence, so Scizor can't one shot him with Bullet Punch. Ehh, atleast Rotom can outspeed him after a DD.
Flygon: Choice Scarf ones I can't outrun and kill, but they can't really hurt me. I guess I'll just beat him down with Scizor or something.
Machamp: Only two Pokemon that counter Machamp are Slowbro and Spiritomb, I'm not adding them just to beat Machamp.
Kingdra: In rain, nearly unbeatable, normal DD versions, easy.
You cannot counter Pokemon that trap you.

That's it. I have pretty much the entire OU list checked. Anyways, rate/hate/steal whatever. Thanks for reading.​

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like a solid team, and I like that it's offensive(any stall is too much). Your team actually has a weakness to the exact same heatran set you run, or to a lesser extent, a life orb variant. If heatran comes in, and sets a sub up, it's likely you will have to sacrifice someone to beat it. Apart from that, it looks very good. It might help if you had surf on latias, but then it's hard to decide what to replace on it. Hope this is a good rate lol

EDIT: You may want to include a threat list.

Surf could definately go over it, RaikouLover had Surf on his set when he posted it. But, HP Fire helps against the even more common Scizor. I'll decide on which one to use later when I do more extensive playtesting.

Not a bad team, overall. One minor nitpick -- your Sub Tran has a Naive nature and no physical attacks.

Also, I agree, Lucario doesn't seem to be doing much here. He is an incredible sweeper, but you really have to support him by removing his counters. You can't just drop him in any team and expect him to do well. If you want protection from Tyranitar, you could swap Luke for Machamp as Lucario can't switch into DDTar and Machamp can switch in and shrug off any attack and OHKO. He also puts great pressure on stall, since he can switch in on Blissey and start hammering away (Blissey walls half your team). Actually, you are kind of at an advantage if you switch in on a Twave, because then their Rotom can't burn you and you can 2HKO it with Payback (or OHKO offensive versions). Machamp can also get a free sub against Pursuit users that are likely to take out your Rotom and possibly Latias. This is a great set IMO:

Machamp @ Lefties
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge / Ice Punch
Payback
Substitute

I like to pair this with Lucario as it lures out Gliscor, Zapdos, Gyara, Mence, and Rotom early game and can create holes in teams. He also has considerable bulk and not many pokes in OU carry Psychic or Flying attacks, so he's difficult to take down.

In addition to this, I would recommend Explosion somewhere on your Heatran. This could help you with your stall problem as a well played Explosion can take out a problem poke and could open holes for others.

As for your Rain Dance weak, I find that using Sub + DD Kingdra can really wreck opposing Rain Dance teams. If you can stall out the first round of rain, you can go to him as they set up rain and start to DD. With Lum Berry, Rain boosted Waterfalls and potentially two rounds of Outrage, most rain dance teams will be hard pressed to stop you. So, Kingdra might be worth testing over one of your pokes.

GL with the team.

Steal my Steadfast Lucario idea from the second huh? I know you were there...I believe you seen it too!

Anyways, nice team. I don't quite know if you'll like this suggestion or not, but I thought of it anyways...A little odd though. Why not try Hidden Power Rock over Fire on Latias? It hits Scizor for neutral damage, as well as allows you to damage Heatran without a Draco Meteor being fired off. I'm pretty sure with the Life Orb and Latias' beefed Special Attack stat, you'll still be able to OHKO him. I can't say I'm sure you could do it after a Draco Meteor though...Which could be a problem. I'll look up the calculations later though, as I know Scizor can be a total pain as a revenge killer. Only problem I can think of off the top of my head is a Bronzong being in your way, as well as a Lucario. Hidden Power Rock would also hit D-Nite and Salamance for super-effective damage without firing off a Draco Meteor, which would be a nice bonus for me at least. It would also allow you to damage Infernape, and other various Pokemon with damage you couldnt've done without Hidden Power Rock. Empoleon would take less damage as well. I know this may not be the best idea, but it was just an idea of mine. Sorry if I wasted your time with this post, I'm just giving me 2 nickles.

Have a nice day! ^^

Edited so I don't post again:

Sorry about that, I'm not good at figuring out EVERY flaw with it unless the information I need to figure out the flaw is within visibility...I'm sorry to waste your time.

W o l f y, why must you make sure that Machamp makes it into every single one of my teams?
Heh, in all seriousness, that's a pretty good suggestion. Only problem is Machamp takes 50% from a CBTar's Stone Edge, which isn't a good thing.
Ehh, I'll try it anyways.

AwakeandAlive, that's a pretty bad suggestion. If I could use any HP that wasn't Fire, it would be ground. Ground hits all of the mentoined Pokemon, excluding Mence super effectively. For now however, I'll stick with fire. Thanks for the comments guys.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey really good team Liam. Getting with the team, I think Babiri Tyranitar will murder you, as it can come in on locked in Rotom's Shadow Ball and proceed to Dragon Dance. Scizor is your check but falls to Fire Punch while surviving Bullet Punch. A simple patch up to this solution is the addition of Swampert over Mamoswine. Swampert is a great lead, I will admit that because it checks alot of threats as well as Tyranitar.

Swampert
@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (Def+ / Spe-)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

This might slow down the pace, but it really does have one purpose. Take off the load of Scizor from coming in on Tyranitar and let Swampert do it. Scizor is a vital part of your team, and loosing it early or getting it severely hurt is not good. Swampert provides a good check to DD Salamence (Naive) and CB Tyranitar. Ice Beam is a great way to deal with locked in Dragon-types, Earthquake completes this good coverage as it deals with Tyranitar without Defense EVs. Roar acts as a great way to phaze away boosts. With the current EVs you can take approxmently 3 CB Crunch's - enough to check Tyranitar.

As for tweaking Latias EV's, I would just max it out really. It outpaces Naive Salamence, lessening its chances of setting up. It also outpaces Infernape, because SD versions will outpace you and it will ruin your team. I think you might want to give 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe a go as a standard. The Speed is really really needed, I can't emphasize that. 110 Base Spe is really good for Latias, and you don't want to loose some. You could just tweak its moveset to Draco Meteor / Thunderbolt / HP Fire / Recover with Life Orb. This keeps a good tempo in the match, as the current one slows it down. Psycho Shift is not needed for an offensive team. Although be aware that with Fire, Gengar and Latias will outpace you, so you have to heavily rely on Scizor. If you still like Fire, go with this EV spread for Scizor to take special hits better: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 SpD. You can now survive 2 Draco Meteor Life Orb from Latias and take on Gengar's Shadow Ball easily.

As for other options, Ice is not needed on Rotom, Trick is better. Like you said Stall is an issue, and Trick really puts the opponent's team on their toes as it can potentially trick blissey. Helping your guys set up / beat it faster. overall gl.

Nice offensive team.

Firstly id like to second many of the suggestions already put forward. Definitely put Trick over HP ice on Rotom and run Timid to outspeed +1 jolly Gyarados, Thunderbolt does easily enough for you to finish it off Salamence with a BP/ESPEED and Trick will definitely help against stall.

Latias's ev spread is designed to 2hko both the average TTar and the average
Scizor with a Surf followed by Draco Meteor, surf gives better coverage alongside Draco Meteor too so you should definitely switch to that.

This team looks like it can just about take on stall now but I have a couple of suggestions i think you should take into account. Firstly what do Leftovers on Heatran really accomplish particularly on an offensive team like this? If you are using lefties than i prefer to have toxic in the last slot. I suggest you use a LO sub tran instead with either HP Grass/HP electric (you can bait in latias and pursuit it with scizor so coverage shouldnt be too much of an issue) or explosion over Dragon Pulse. Explosion will defintely help against stall if you fry Blissey allowing Latias to clean up. Or you could simply drop the Substitute and just use lo that way you could easily incorporate both attacking options. Another option is Taunt over Sub. This Heatran will work better against stall but can be less effective against offensive teams.

Mamoswine is a pretty key member in this team, due to its ability to revenge kill with Ice Shard late game therefore it is not that expendable and should not really be messing around with leads that can live 2 of its hits. Id like to see Ice Fang or stone edge instead of endeavor. Good players expect endeavor and switch to rotom so it is generally far less useful then you would think at higher levels of play. You should definitely try those moves and see how they work for you, i feel this will be more useful against stall as you can actually damage the Rotom this way.

You seem to dislike Lucario in that role i have a similar mon to Lucario to fulfil it but this has superior bulk and suprise factor. Simply put it rips apart the metagame and gives you a reliable switch in to CB TTar on stab moves and DD TTar. I'd like to see a Sub Machamp in that slot instead. This makes mamoswines priority ever the more important as you lose espeed so i dont think you can change lead. Not only this but mamoswine is in keeping with the team, in that it is offensive where as Swampert is more passive.

This is the Machamp set:

Machamp @Leftovers/Life Orb
2 EV spreads work
252atk/248hp/8spe
252atk/120hp/132spe (outspeeds standard ttar and skarmory)

Sub
DynamicPunch
Payback
Stone Edge

Either lefties or LO depending on wether you want longevity or to hit like a truck, this is only really stopped by gliscor but it takes a beating in the process and you have lots of safe switches into Gliscor anyway. Give these changes a go..

Dont worry about rain dance it destroys practically every team. If you really want to slow it you could use an Aerodactyl lead for taunting the rain lead but this is probably not a good idea as aero loses to quite a lot of leads. If it is a real problem though you should give it a go.

I hope this helps.
Good luck.

Small nitpicks, but Rotom lacks EVs. Why is your Heatran Naive if it lacks any physical moves?

Just wondering, how well do you do against Mixapes? CMCune looks like it'd give you a heck of a time too...

One of the best ways to beat stall is to simply trick a wall a Choice item. Its not too difficult with enough offensive pressure, but you'll lose coverage with Rotom, however... Modest Rotom will not be outrunning something like a +1 Mence anyway. Depending on your EVs... Gyarados might be problematic as well.

Good offense, but you're going to have trouble switching around a lot... Swampert, Suicune, or perhaps good ol' Mixape might be a good replacement for Lucario. Bulky waters will help you against opposing Heatran, which looks like every member of your team could get easily OHKO/2HKOed.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
First off, I recommend changing Lucario to another physical attacker. You said that you were thinking about this, and I stand behind it 110%. Even with the Choice Band Tyranitar weaknesses, Lucario isn't particularly useful for your team. I would instead recommend a Physical Mix variant of Jirachi. Yes, I know this sounds strange, but please hear me out. Jirachi's only two weaknesses, Fire and Ground, are both immunities to two other members of your team (Heatran and Latias / Rotom-H). Jirachi also boasts fantastic type coverage, and gives you a decent way to beat Rain Dance teams. Jirachi is also a fantastic mid-game wall breaker, and your team's wall breaker count currently stands at zero. This could be vital to your teams success, especially in OU. Anyways, here is the spoken of set:

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive nature (+Speed, -Special Defense)
~ Iron Head
~ Ice Punch
~ Fire Punch
~ Grass Knot / Thunderbolt / Thunder

So we're looking at a set way different than standard Jirachi, no? Iron Head is, of course, the key move here; it gives Jirachi reliable STAB and an amazing 60% flinch rate. Couple this with Jirachi's 328 Speed stat, and you will be outpacing many more Pokes than you would have thought. Ice Punch allows Rachi to hit Salamence and Gliscor for x4 damage, as well as the rare Dragonite, or any Flygon stupid enough to switch in. Fire Punch allows you to hit Foretress and Skarmory for a surprisingly high amount of damage, not to mention with a 20% burn rate. The final slot comes with many options: Grass Knot can be good for hitting fatass Ground types, such as Hippowdon or Swampert. Thunderbolt is a solid choice, and gets a OHKO on any and all variation of Gyarados. However, I think that your team would best benifit from Thunder. Thunder isn't on the usual analysis, but due to your team's massive Rain Dance weakness, this could really help. Not only does it get 100% accuracy in the Rain, it scores super-effective hits on most of the common Rain Dance Pokemon not named Ludicolo or Kingdra (Lanturn, to an extent). To wrap up this perfect package, it has a 60% paralysis rate. This essentially puts your opponent's Swift Swimmers out of the match. If you are concerned about Thunder being dead weight against non-Rain Dance teams, though, then Thunderbolt or Grass Knot are good options.

On Heatran, definitely put Timid nature over Naive. Timid is overall much more benificial to your team, allowing you to not have Heatran's impressive bulk be taken away from it. Naive was probably just a mistype on your part, but I thought I would point it out, nonetheless. Your Latias set seems very unconventional, but hey, if it works for you, then who am I to question it? I am actually curious to experiment with that some, if its cool with you. Now on your problem with stall...Definitely put Trick over Hidden Power Ice on Rotom-H. Trick gives stall the biggest blowjob of its life, I would know, having played a lot of stall recently. =( The set besides that is totally fine, just thought I would point it out. It is, however, lacking EVs? I can only conclude that they look something like: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe? Anyway, great team Liam. Incedentally, how do you feel about having absolutely no Pokemon from RBY on this team (and only one from GSC)? :P

Hope that I helped, and good luck! =)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
You mention several times that you have problems dealing with stall yet you have a Scarf Rotom with HP Ice instead of Trick? Also, you don't have any EVs on him right now(???) so use 252 SAtk / 252 spe / 6 HP with a Timid nature so that you can outrun more stuff and speed tie w/ other Rotoms.

On Heatran you have a Naive nature with no physical moves so I'd suggest changing that to Timid. Also your Heatran set is alright but you could try using Life Orb instead of Leftovers to ensure that Fire Blast 2HKO's Gyarados after rocks damage and so Dragon Pulse does more damage to stuff like Latias.

Latias also acts as a mini Specs Latias, launching insanely powerful Specs Draco Meteor, that will put a hole in ANYTHING. Not even standard 252/0 Suicune can survive the blow of Max Sp.Atk Life Orb Latias's Draco Meteor.
Uhh yeah okay, this is completely false. I don't know what damage calculator you used but the calculations I got were 59.37% - 71.00%. Anyway I think that if you have problems with stall and your team has trouble taking status then you should think about changing Latias to 128 HP / 128 SAtk / 252 Speed (Timid) with Refresh, Recover, Dragon Pulse and Calm Mind. Once you bring this out against a stall team and your opponent sees what set you're running, they will switch around trying to think of a way to KO it, but any stall team that isn't running Perish Song Celebi pretty much loses to this. With Refresh she takes status just like your other set. As for your 'rain dance weakness' I'm not too sure how to fix that, I barely ever see rain dance in OU. Just try to play around it??

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I think wolfy has the right idea in the sense that he is trying lure in the things that counter lucario. Right now, not much on your team is going to weakening lucarios counters. I would say that there are about 3 pokemon we need to worry about when we think about what counters lucario. Gyarados, Zapdos, and rotom. Rotom is already covered by crunch on the move set. Now, right now you dont have anything thats going to draw in zapdos and gyarados. The machamp set that other people have mentioned is a decent choice. I'm not exactly sure what you should add, because generally when i play lucario i just run 4 other physical sweepers and that just weakens every physical wall to the point where lucario can go through. I think you might find that lucario isn't the best choice for a sweeper for your team.

I think this team can be a lot better..First of all, I think you have a serious problem with Machamp, the ResTalker set can provide a masive problem for you with only DynamicPunch and Payback. Payback will hurt Latias and Rotom badly, while DynamicPunch wrecks Mamo, Lucario and Heatran. For this reason, I think you should change Rotom to a Spirtomb, who is arguably the best Machamp counter out there. Thanks to pressure, it can stall Machamp out of PP, and hit hard with it's STAB Shadow Ball.

Spiritomb@ Leftovers
Pressure
Calm
252 HP/96 Defense/160 Sp. Defense

Shadow Ball
HP Fighting
Rest
Sleep Talk

This thing counters Machamp decently, and also counters Gengar extremely well, something you need. Payback drops to only 50 Base Power, which, in my mind, sucks. You can then start hitting it with STAB Shadow Ball. Rest keeps you healthy. This thing can PP stall some stallers to death, making him a fine replacment for your Rotom.

Hope I helped, and Good Luck.

Woah, lots of replies when I went to bed.

Witness315: Machamp messes with every single team alive not playing Spiritomb or Slowbro, it's not that big a deal. Rotom is such an important part of my team, checking countless threats, that removing him would possibly make this team suck.

Brk: I will probably run Machamp or Snorlaxe's Jirachi now,

Locopoke: I suck at calculations then. Naive > Timid was a mistype on my part, I did it on my last RMT. Also, while that Latias is good against stall, you have Scizors and Bulky TTars switching in on it all of the time to Pursuit Lock it out U-Turn. Not using Trick was also a mistype.

Snorlaxe: I'll consider it over Lucario. I'm running Trick now.

Infinity: At the moment, the team has atleast 2 resistances to every type, except for water. It isn't too hard to switch around. I can handle MixApe with Latias, and Cune with Latias. CroCune dies to Latias and Rotom.

IKitsune: I might use LO on the Heatran, with any of the 4th slot moves. I guess it's all about playtesting right now. I'll probably be using that Machamp or a Jirachi.

Franky: If I opt for Machamp, it will also solve this problem.

Phew. Thanks for the ideas everyone!

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The main reason why your team is weak to stall is that you really don't have any Pokemon that can force a stall-using opponent into a submissive position early on in the game. Your lead provides your opponent with a great opportunity to switch in their Skarmory or Forretress to start setting up hazards. Your only three responses to these Pokemon, Latias, Heatran and Rotom, are completely incapable of stopping Blissey, and so against an intelligent stall user, it's very likely that you will find yourself locked in a helpless position in the first few turns of the game. Your most offensive Pokemon by far is Lucario, and with your other Pokemon unable to break stall cores, it is unlikely that Luke's counters will be weakened before it comes in, which is perhaps why you find it to be a weak link. What you need is something that can switch into that Skarmory or Forretress and immediately put your opponent in a difficult position where they have to play very defensively in an attempt to stop you. This can be done fairly easily by changing your Heatran set to a Life Orb attacker with Taunt, Fire Blast, Earth Power and Dragon Pulse. Despite not being a mixed sweeper, Taunt shuts down Blissey switch-ins fairly easily, as they won't be able to heal and, therefore, won't be able to respond to your Fire Blasts. Their Pokemon that can actually hurt Heatran won't like taking Life Orb attacks with Stealth Rock, and if you predict properly you will be able to Taunt them before they have a chance to recover their health back. Using this Heatran in tandem with CB Scizor's U-Turns will help you bring down a lot of otherwise painful defensive threats with more ease, particularly Gyarados, so that you will be able to pull off a Lucario sweep late-game.

Without Surf on your Latias, Heatran walls it and thus causes many problems for your team. If it has Substitute, you're going to have an absolutely horrible time getting rid of it. Also, with the lack of Speed EVs on your Latias, Infernape appears to be a problem as well. If it has U-turn or a Swords Dance set, you are going to have extreme difficulty taking it down. I would like to suggest that you change your Latias to a simple 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed Life Orb set with Draco Meteor, Surf, Psycho Shift and Recover. You keep your ability to use Latias as a status-absorber and it can also force out Heatran and Infernape whatever set they have. Surf should also help you against bulky Grounds like Hippowdon and Gliscor, as you won't have to rely on the dangerous Draco Meteor in order to take them down. Being able to take status appears to be very important to you, but if you're willing to sacrifice Psycho Shift, I think that Thunderbolt would make a good addition on that set as well. As it is, your only Pokemon that can outright OHKO a Gyarados is your Rotom,

You should absolutely be running Timid on your Rotom-h. Without it, you're going to be outrun by Jolly Gyarados and virtually all SubPetaya Empoleon, who can both run through your team if they manage to set up. In addition to running Timid, you should also put Trick over HP Ice. The only area in which it will see any utility is against DD-less Salamence, who usually runs a -SpD nature, so Thunderbolt should do more than enough with Stealth Rock. It's also outrun by Latias. Trick will be invaluable against stall and even Rain Dance teams. You can abuse Rotom's Trick to steal Damp Rocks from various setup Pokemon, allowing you to respond more easily.

Reading up, I agree completely with franky's suggestion of running a Swampert over your Mamoswine. In addition to assisting you with your weaknesses against various painful threats (Babiritar, Sub HP Fire Gengar, SubDD Kingdra, Heatran, etc.), it will also help you a lot against stall, as it's going to be much more difficult for your opponent to set entry hazards up on you if you're mashing Roar. With Stealth Rock up, this also helps against a few stallers that you may find annoying, particularly Zapdos and RestTalk Gyarados.

With these suggestions, you will hopefully find that stall is easier to respond to and that a few offensive weaknesses your team once had have been patched up. Sorry if this is a little rambly, lol. Good luck with the team, and I hope you found my rate helpful.

Thanks for the rate Beej!

That Heatran set looks pretty good, I'll give it a try.

I'll probably go back to Surf > HP Fire, and that basic spread looks alright.

My Rotom was playing Timid all along, I was just an idiot and accidently put Modest, lol.

Swampert is iffy, but it might be able to go over Mamo, but would slow down my offensive pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)