NOC Lovers Dance: Second Date Game Thread - Game Over

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In my notes, BGB, Eagle, Former, and myself were the ones who showed up online at the time Former + DS was banned.

Again, not making conclusions yet, I was just rereading the ban and remembered I wrote a tiny bit about it in my confs. At first I thought it meant one of BGB/Eagle/Former had to be scum, but then I realized that people could just be logged out and viewing the thread too, which bypasses former's mod powers to see activity hidden people.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Calem xaiver - Scum lean
It like hes trying to act careless in a way to make him seem town? He also giving me vibes of a mafia goon trying to watch town destruct

Megapokebattlerz - eh lean
There nothing really to town read this slot or scum read necessarily, however he seems to lack progression and that's pretty much it

Energy- town lean
Some of his post seems random but for all the post that contributes seems very townie and I like the way his contributing.

DawningWinds- Gut scum
Seems overall helpful but I feel like that deep down he's a bad boy

Notes:
I made this not including the recent deaths that may have affect the reads above, Z_Z

The laziness is kinda rubbing on me so here are some quick reads
just pinning this here.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
yo : )

I think people should think about how they feel about HnD/M2H | Energy/Dawning Wings | (presumbly) OM/CB
(not necessarily out loud)
and then evaluate the looseness of their asking or accepting before actually asking or accepting lol

Only thing I really felt some kind of way about was Calem town:
~ in response to Nuxl's Q re: playing for the first time on a new site

~ in response to OM's scumread on them

I feel like the lack of self-consistency-awareness has to come from town right?

Questions

Hmmm... I think i misunderstood just how strong the read was (i.e. lock). Do you think of yourself as a kind of "put all your cards on the table" type person?

presuming i know the answer but can you justify why?

do you think Nuxl is scum lol?

So NAI in your opinion?

at this stage is there anyone you think shouldn't get an invite?
The top of this post retroactively reads like dopog saying: LOL look, at least one towny just asked scum out, let's make fun of them for it.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Propose to tbz over dogop imo unless dogop shows up
another pin. m2h giving DS advice on who to pair with.
Propose to dopog

Purposefully Dying as town is anti win con
unless dogop is scum too :blobshrug:
While m2h telling ds to not pair with a scum player is fairly pro-town for M2H, there is some question of if tbz was ever going to come online to accept the proposal anyway.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
game related thoughts:

1. Almost lock it in
- Calem/Mega (I can't see Calem scum in any world, and Mega has tried less hard this game to form reads, which feels towny to me)

2. would reassess at lylo (or whatever the equivalent is)
- Heal/M2H (HeaL is yep, M2H is really leaning into this "i'm the best lol" card, which I only aspiration ally read as scum)

2a. would also reassess at lylo (or equiv, but differentiating from previous)
- Asek/Nuxl (Nuxl's activity is town lol, Asek has been the biggest null for me)
- Energy/Dawning Winds (I can't see Energy scum here, Dawning Winds a lot of nai stuff)

3. need to think about it
- Texas/Eagle (Texas i think is town, Eagle pinged me early and I couldn't shake it)

4. wouldn't take to lylo
- bgb/former (i can't see bgb's swap on inv me coming from scum unless former is scum so they're fine, but former has felt off)
- OM/CB (OM is null, I really didn't like CB's justification for their pairing, read really pre-emptive)

Just taking a glance, I think that doesn't accurately calculate for the bannings - they probably churn out eagle better than I think and asek somewhat worse

non-game related thoughts:

1. Bánh mì is so good
2. practicing football with a net is so much greater than practicing without one
3. thanks all : )
another dopog read post colorized

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
But there's WIFOM to that because if Mafia he could've banned the pairing to make himself look better.
Context: Nuxl was implying formeris town because o the last mafia ban, dawning at first agreed, then a few seconds later posted this post. Overall, the interaction makes me think that Nuxl's read on former was correct and dawning was just trying to muddy things.
that's a lotta town reads nuxl

agree that OM + CB seems dodgy, weirded out that energy + dawningwinds is going under the radar tho since that was a pairing made early under similar circumstances

and perhaps i'm reading too much into perceived eagerness to be paired up but early pair such as energy+dw and om+cb are more likely to be maf-involved. following same logic, i'm less suspicious of ds+dopog

you haven't answered me yet Nuxl , why the strong tr on texas??

will post my thoughts tomorrow when i'm more awake on what pairs i like the look of but will say that i'm p short on t/t reads

Dawningwinds (6): bluegummybear, Texas cloverleaf, eagle4, former, m2h

If BGB is scum, are they really the first vote on their partner? Like, I guess they were the other option yesterday but idk.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Gentlemen:
Asek - prob town
Bluegummybear - no idea
Calem Xavier - town
eagle4 - prob town
Energy - prob town
Healndeal - ic
OM - no read

Ladies:
Caffeineboost - have no memory of their posts
Dawning Winds - no read
Former - less towny than i'd like but the late ban speaks in his favor
Mega-Pokebattlerz - no read
M2h - not remotely inspiring confidence
Nuxl - almost definitely town
Texas Cloverleaf - town
texas post, colorized

Like either way there's only one mafia so BGB and I can still go out here. But when I saw that BGB was voting for Energy/Dawning yesterday I kind of just assumed they are town and that energy/dw must be s/s.

i kind of think tex is the final maf tbh
Based on the votes, I think it might be m2h ngl. I seriously wonder if them trolling DS was an attempt at distancing from their partners pair gone wrong.

also i'm second-guessing m2h

if m2h is paired with heal then all they have to do for the maf to win is not die, a.k.a there's not much strategy actually involved, they can sell out their maf buddies all they want and post anything that can eventually be read as 'lock town'

like the m2h argument of 'would i really do that if i'm maf' holds no ground because yes, you would, as long as you're the last one alive

Regardless, given that neither of the flipped mafia were actually paired with a scum gentlemen. It means that

1. Mafia didn't pair with each other fsr (meaning the final mafia paired early and left dopog with no other option but to pair with DS)
2. Mafia might be 3 ladies?

Either way, yeah, everyone is a suspect here.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
we should look at energy atm, i'm seeing some interesting things in my reread
feel free to post quotes / your interpretations
I don't believe he ever did post these... And instead he changed his mind later.
through 21 pages

heal - duh
nuxl - lock town from page 1
eagle - town from page 13, #504 should lock that in
me - town

asek - gut

m2h - read is slaved to the IC's read
energy - town until evidence points otherwise because they've been bitching and moaning every game into infinity that they didnt get scum when they rolled town and no reason to break that meta read yet unless there's traction to the dopog connection

others

sus: OM (content), former (lack thereof)
no mentions of dawning in this post.
possible worlds

OM/CB scum pair
OM/Nuxl pair where Nuxl is a deepwolf playing a gambit game to avoid getting mechanically locked out
Energy/x pair
Former/x pair

x= OM/CB/Former/Energy/DawningWinds/MPB/bgb

the latter of three need to post more because their content is unreadable atm

that's where i'm at atm
If we look at the above, he gave scenarios for 3 scum teams that can't exist. The only remaining scenario from this is Former/Dawning... And yet people are going after bgb, not former? idk, still thinking
so given the likely assumption that i'm wrong and nuxl is just town, team is probably dopog/OM/energy or dawning or MBH

otherwise team is exactly dopog/OM/nuxl
he's less lock town than me and eagle so i want us in the f4 instead of him
texas pushing to remove energy and dawning

also i'm second-guessing m2h

if m2h is paired with heal then all they have to do for the maf to win is not die, a.k.a there's not much strategy actually involved, they can sell out their maf buddies all they want and post anything that can eventually be read as 'lock town'

like the m2h argument of 'would i really do that if i'm maf' holds no ground because yes, you would, as long as you're the last one alive
the question isn’t whether scum can do it but more can or does M2H do it as scum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)