Other Lower Tier Premier League II - Finals [Won by the West Coast Gastrodon-Wests]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

>Spreadsheet<
s/o Ticken for all the works hes done updating the sheet with records & replays and for the art n_n​

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines

Matchups:

Dewford Town Duckletts (5) vs (5) West Coast Gastrodon-Wests

UU: Accelgor vs Gondra
UU: Eternally vs PinkDragonTamer
RU: Zesty43 vs Odd Della Robbia
RU: frisoeva vs Charmflash
NU: Count Riario vs ict
NU: yeezyknows vs Moon
PU: Star vs Taskr
PU: LordST vs Luthier
Ubers: PurpleGatorade vs byronthewellwell
Monotype: Wanka vs Splashbrutha

TIEBREAK
UU: Accelgor vs Charmflash
RU: Eternally vs Odd Della Robbia
PU: LordST vs Taskr

Deadline will be January 19th, 11:59 PM PST.

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Due to popular request (literally just this):
, I am here with this prediction post that literally nobody other than pdt wants

Dewford Town Duckletts (4.5) vs (5.5) West Coast Gastrodon-Wests

UU: Accelgor vs Gondra - Accelgor and I follow each other on instagram so this is chalked as fuck. I've never spoken to Gondra in my life so I have no reason to believe he has any chance at beating the tank that is Accelgor. Especially considering Accelgor called me handsome like 3 times in the past 2 days, you have no chance Gondra.
UU: Eternally vs PinkDragonTamer - I'd probably normally bold eternally because honestly I think eternally is broken as fuck but in viv prediction posts it's tradition to gas pdt to an other worldly extent for literally no reason. I'd be amazed if eternally kills a single mon honestly... pdt is gonna be out for blood bc yzy ducked him fsr.
RU: Zesty43 vs Odd Della Robbia - odr has taken the world by storm and has shown everyone that maybe randbats do take skill. this randbats main is like 100-2 or something this tour and I don't see him losing this week even tho I have a mancrush on zesty. I have literally no idea if zesty even knows what gen7ru is.
RU: frisoeva vs Charmflash - One time I said I was a huge charmflash fan and I'd never bet against him again and then proceeded to bet against him the next week, so I will be making up for it here by bolding his name vs this user idc at all about.
NU: Count Riario vs ict - Idk who count riario is but all ik about ict is that he's a nazi or something. He also drafted dubby in uupl so I feel like bolding him would be a poor decision. Count Riario is the most tryhard name I've ever heard in my life tho so I'm very conflicted and I predict both of you will lose.
NU: yeezyknows vs Moon - Hard to bold yeezyknows for me rn bc he ducked pdt this week but I literally don't know who Moon is and sneezysnows is like my super homie so badabing.
PU: Star vs Taskr - Idc, Taskr is the bkc of pu iirc tho so ig he'll get the dub here.
PU: LordST vs Luthier - Luthier has always been very kind to me but LST always recced me anime whenever I asked and I've spoken to more. But I coinflipped it anyways and Luthier got it.
Ubers: PurpleGatorade vs byronthewellwell - byronthewellwell is a p funny name and idek why, but purplegatorade has always been very nice to me and I've literally never spoken to byron. I'd try to twist this somehow but as of rn it's p one sided it seems so I will just go ahead and bold pg.
Monotype: Wanka vs Splashbrutha - Splashbrutha is cool but wanka has a p nice ass ngl to you, I've seen it, ask Thisbemyalt.

Thank you and have fun, fuck Bouff b/c his s/o post has been in progress for about 5 days now.

Last edited:
1578686580426.png
, I am here with this prediction post that literally nobody other than Splash wants
s/o vivalospride for letting me basically steal his predicts off him

Dewford Town Duckletts (3) vs West Coast Gastrodon-Wests (5)

UU: Accelgor (55) vs Gondra (45) - Accel's pretty much an angel and the hero that UU needs but doesn't deserve. I've also been impressed with his builds thus far. Gondra's been solid and beat Sacri in Week 5, but I think Accelgoat should be able to take this.

UU: Eternally (35) vs pinkdragontamer (65) Originally this was going to be a lot more skewed in pdt's favor, but then I remembered Eternally got to the finals of UU Majors. Still, pdt is basically CBU's son so that automatically gives him the edge. He also used our heater Future Sight team in Semifinals so I love him more for that. Wasn't much of a fan of Eternally's finals teams in Majors either.

RU: Zesty43 (30) vs Odd Della Robbia (70) It's pretty much impossible not to bold esteemed RU Open winner Odd Della Robbia here. He's got a great record and also has some heat builds. Haven't really seen Zesty play RU although he is a cool guy.

RU: frisoeva (30) vs Charmflash (70) Not gonna lie I only know frisoeva as the guy who lost vs rob because he choked by rocking on Mega Altaria instead of using Gyro Ball. Putting that aside, I haven't seen any impressive results with him and Charmflash has been on a tear recently. Gonna bold him for now.

NU: yeezyknows (65) vs Moon (35) Honestly I have no idea who Moon is, but apparently they're somewhat decent. yeezy is my friend, testing partner, and the goat, though, so he's hard not to go with here.

NU: Count Riaro (40) vs ict (60) I haven't interacted with either of these people but ict's good and I don't know who Count Riaro is. Almost just made this a coinflip but gave a slight advantage to ict.

PU: Star (50) vs Taskr (50) Speaking of coinflips, here's the first one I've had to do. Star won PU Open and I've heard he's a good player, but Taskr is dubbed the "BKC of PU." Honestly this is pretty hard to choose so leaving it at 50/50.

PU: LordST (55) vs Luthier (45) Apparently Luthier's okay at PU too since he's a decent enough 3-2 in the tier. I've heard good things about LordST from PU mains like the goat gum, so I'll trust him to win this.

Ubers: PurpleGatorade (50) vs byronthewellwell (50) Don't watch this tier so I really have no idea how this matchup is or if anyone has an advantage. Both got to Ubers Championships finals so they're clearly good. Leaving this as a coinflip and moving on.

Monotype: Wanka (45) vs Splashbrutha (55) I almost bolded Wanka, but Splash is the goat and for sure should be able to win this if he plays his cards right. Only giving this a slight edge since its Monotype, it could really go either way.

Rooting for all my friends on both teams, namely Accelgor yeezyknows Splashbrutha and PinkDragonTamer :psyglad:

, I am here with this prediction post that literally nobody other than pdt wants

Dewford Town Duckletts (4.5) vs (5.5) West Coast Gastrodon-Wests

UU: Accelgor vs Gondra - Accelgor and I follow each other on instagram so this is chalked as fuck. I've never spoken to Gondra in my life so I have no reason to believe he has any chance at beating the tank that is Accelgor. Especially considering Accelgor called me handsome like 3 times in the past 2 days, you have no chance Gondra.
UU: Eternally vs PinkDragonTamer - I'd probably normally bold eternally because honestly I think eternally is broken as fuck but in viv prediction posts it's tradition to gas pdt to an other worldly extent for literally no reason. I'd be amazed if eternally kills a single mon honestly... pdt is gonna be out for blood bc yzy ducked him fsr.
RU: Zesty43 vs Odd Della Robbia - odr has taken the world by storm and has shown everyone that maybe randbats do take skill. this randbats main is like 100-2 or something this tour and I don't see him losing this week even tho I have a mancrush on zesty. I have literally no idea if zesty even knows what gen7ru is.
RU: frisoeva vs Charmflash - One time I said I was a huge charmflash fan and I'd never bet against him again and then proceeded to bet against him the next week, so I will be making up for it here by bolding his name vs this user idc at all about.
NU: Count Riario vs ict - Idk who count riario is but all ik about ict is that he's a nazi or something. He also drafted dubby in uupl so I feel like bolding him would be a poor decision. Count Riario is the most tryhard name I've ever heard in my life tho so I'm very conflicted and I predict both of you will lose.
NU: yeezyknows vs Moon - Hard to bold yeezyknows for me rn bc he ducked pdt this week but I literally don't know who Moon is and sneezysnows is like my super homie so badabing.
PU: Star vs Taskr - Idc, Taskr is the bkc of pu iirc tho so ig he'll get the dub here.
PU: LordST vs Luthier - Luthier has always been very kind to me but LST always recced me anime whenever I asked and I've spoken to more. But I coinflipped it anyways and Luthier got it.
Ubers: PurpleGatorade vs byronthewellwell - byronthewellwell is a p funny name and idek why, but purplegatorade has always been very nice to me and I've literally never spoken to byron. I'd try to twist this somehow but as of rn it's p one sided it seems so I will just go ahead and bold pg.
Monotype: Wanka vs Splashbrutha - Splashbrutha is cool but wanka has a p nice ass ngl to you, I've seen it, ask Thisbemyalt.

Thank you and have fun, fuck Bouff b/c his s/o post has been in progress for about 5 days now.
Literally 5 badges and has the audacity to call me a nazi, I don‘t even know who the fuck you are and I‘m sure Dubby and my left ball sack wrinkle contributed more to the team than you to yours with your whopping 3-4 record.

vivalospride

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Literally 5 badges and has the audacity to call me a nazi, I don‘t even know who the fuck you are and I‘m sure Dubby and my left ball sack wrinkle contributed more to the team than you to yours with your whopping 3-4 record.
hey dude haha! I'm vivalospride :D, I'm glad we're taking my clearly not very serious predictions post extremely seriously n_n. Idk you, why is me calling you a nazi hurting your feelings? LOL. My opinion of you should hold literally zero weight, relax big dawg. Hope you have an incredible day dude :)

vivalospride

"Why is me calling you a ethnic slur hurting your feelings?" I'd ask if you were retarded but I think the answer is pretty clear here.
Sorry I have higher standards for you two's intelligence ig. Whole post is clearly a meme with very little serious thought put into it, idk who he is and I've never spoken to him so any opinion I could possibly have of him obviously shouldn't be taken very seriously. I been doing these headass predicts like a discount shitty shake in subforum pl tours for a minute now, I apologize you took me seriously but pls be less sensitive in the future :), or just hmu and we can have a conversation about it like the grown ass individuals we are and I woulda retracted the nazi statement since ict is so sensitive to such vocabulary ig. I hope you two have a great day!

"Why is me calling you a ethnic slur hurting your feelings?" I'd ask if you were retarded but I think the answer is pretty clear here.
Saying the word nazi is an ethnic slur is one of the hottest take I have seen on this site and the fact you did it in this context is extremely rich. Like even if you want to ignore that he isn't the first person to call him a nazi (and won't be the last) and the reason for that isn't "he lives in germany", you are saying calling ict an "ethnic slur" offends him when there's multiple documented instances of him spamming the hard r while harassing other people and he was infracted / banned in the recent past for attacking others. And to top it off you are whining about slurs and feelings while calling vivalospride retarded. Clown shit.

Ict shitting on vivalospride for being called nazi is fine, but it's fucking stupid that you are jumping in to defend his honor by mentioning "ethnic slurs". Just give a like to ict posts and shut the fuck up.

vivalospride

Saying the word nazi is an ethnic slur is one of the hottest take I have seen on this site and the fact you did it in this context is extremely rich. Like even if you want to ignore that he isn't the first person to call him a nazi (and won't be the last) and the reason for that isn't "he lives in germany", you are saying calling ict an "ethnic slur" offends him when there's multiple documented instances of him spamming the hard r while harassing other people and he was infracted / banned in the recent past for attacking others. And to top it off you are whining about slurs and feelings while calling vivalospride retarded. Clown shit.

Ict shitting on vivalospride for being called nazi is fine, but it's fucking stupid that you are jumping in to defend his honor by mentioning "ethnic slurs". Just give a like to ict posts and shut the fuck up.
Wait ict lives in Germany?? LOL

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I hate to drag this issue out longer but I don't like the fact that people are denying that "nazi" is an ethnic slur when it is in fact oftentimes used as such. I guess it's not common knowledge since it's something that only German-speaking people experience, especially online. I'm sure that he didn't mean to use it as a slur but it can definitely be taken as such (and it clearly was), which is why I think it's odd that he's not apologetic at all.

I also think it's weird that someone calling someone else by a slur is somehow okay just because the latter is known to have also used slurs in the past. Talking shit is fine but I think no one (especially moderators) should be allowed to call others by slurs, period.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
won vs luthier gg
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1047626478
This tour went pretty ok for me i guess! Shoutouts to Kingler12345 and Eternally for taking a chance on me and to the rest of the Duckletts for a chill team experience.
TJ and Specs for always being there for tests
2xTheTap for being the definitive PU encyclopedia and the only person online at 3am that wants to talk about how Simisear has no good checks in this tier.
tondas for being the coolest person on this site! :blobwizard:
biggest shoutouts of them all to my father HJAD for being my biggest inspiration. I promise I'll remember you when im rich and famous and put you in the very best retirement home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)