LowManaMania!

Approved by the Eevee General

Competitive battling is a place where your Pokemon are always well EV trained, IV trained and high levelled. In the games however, (Up till Black and White, in XY the EXP share and Super Training made it incredibly easy)most people have experienced this while going through the elite 4. The opponents are usually so well trained and because the players Pokemon arent that well EV trained, sometime or the other, a Pokemon ran out of PP. LowManaMania is a meta where people will have to use their Pokemons pp well so as not to run out of it. Why? Because this is the main feature of this meta: The Pokemon's move will ONLY have 2 - 10 PP! If the moves PP is 5 (Without PP Max) it will become 2, If its higher than 5 and lower than 25, it will have 5 PP, if it has 25 or more, it will have 10 PP.
Because the Pokemon's moves will only have 2-10 PP, the players will have to use their moves carefully and underused moves will get good usage here.

Examples of good underused moves here:

Trump Card: The lower the PP, the higher the base power. Have you ever seen this move being used? Most Probably not. This move becomes useful in this meta because of huge base power before running out.
Lunar Dance: Cresselia's signature move, this move is almost never seen like Cresselia. This is one of the moves almost every cresselia run, and it restores PP too, unlike healing wish. So this is useful for usage of moves more, but beware : It can only be used once as the user faints after using this.

Examples of good underused items here:

Leppa Berry: Never seen in competitive play, but it does help here when a moves PP runs out,
Metronome: If you use the move consecutively, a boost to its power. 170+ BP Trump Card. Now thats power

Banlist:
Ubers, Pressure
Clauses:
Standard OU Clauses
Thanks for taking the time to read!

Last edited:
Pressure just became amazing. I can see this meta being very stall-orientated, with most of the nukes having just 2 PP, two safe switches makes it a non-threat. Plus, switching doesn't use PP. Protect/substitute could also be very handy, stall for long enough and you won't need to worry about being hit. Nice meta!

*has painful flashbacks to spite pressure Dusclops in the gen 3 games*

Leppa probably won't be too helpful due to the presence of knock off everywhere, but it can still do its job if you play around knock off.

On the other hand, entry hazards are going to be extremely important here, as the (almost) endless switching caused to conserve PP will make the battle go on a lot longer than it has to. Not to mention you can easily stall defog PP with pressure now, as opposed to having 3 different kinds of somewhat damaging entry hazards, possibly spread across many different abusers.

The Pizza Man said:
Yeahp you might want to ban pressure
I wont start banning things right now, but I am really considering to ban Pressure. But having pressure will allow more underusesed moves like Gastro Acid to be put to good use, so I dont think I shall ban pressure right now.

Last edited:
I wont start banning things right now, but I am really considering to ban Pressure. But having pressure will allow more underusesed moves and abilities like Mold Breaker and Gastro Acid to be put to good use, so I dont think I shall ban pressure right now.
Mold Breaker is not underused and does nothing to pressure, as it doesn't affect the attack, just the cost. Gastro Acid canbe switched out of. Since there is no ability cancelling item, Pressure has no non-gimmicky way to stop it apart from killing them. Then you see Spite Eviolite Pressure Dusclops that will PP stall the crap out of everything.

Now to build a stall team...

Suffer and Die (Dusclops) (F) @ Eviolite/Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Disable/Trick
- Pain Split
- Toxic

PP stalling. Until it gets PP stalled. Spite for obvious reasons, Disable for locking moves and PP stalling quicker, Pain Split to heal, and Toxic for more dmg. Evs and Nature for Walling Stuggles. Trick is if you have a scarf, not to go first but for PP stalling and making sure they don't get an offensive boost

Drained to Death (Trevenant) (F) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

Heal and Restore (Cresselia) (F)
Ability: Levitate
- Lunar Dance
- Psyshock
- Magic Coat
- Recycle

Bait to Destroy (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Defog
- Iron Head

Art of Defense (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Substitute
- Cosmic Power

Protect and Save (Klefki) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Trick

Descriptions in progress. It took me half an hour to find those pics.

EDIT: Oh no Pressure is banned. Guess it's Frisk Dusclops then. I guess i brought this onto myself by showing one broken as hell set.

Last edited:
This actually sounds like a really fun meta. Choice items are virtually worthless, and most of the powerful moves like Fire Blast are doomed. Pressure does look a little OP, and Leppa looks like the berry of choice over say, Lum Berry. I think set-up moves are the best options here, as they give power over Choice items and don't require a lot of usage (maybe one or two uses before you sweept). They allow your Pokemon to conserve other PP by letting it KO other Pokemon easier, which means it doesn't have to use the move 2, 3, or 4 times to KO.

I found something that Pressure makes better: Trump Card.

Let's assume some good mon gets it and now pressure non- Ghost type comes in. Now use Trump Card. Hit them with a 200 BP Move. Watch them get badly hurt or killed.

One thing to keep in mind is the distribution of Trump card, which is limited to Eevee(lutions), Slowking, Minun, Farfetched, Kangaskhan, Dunsparce, Crawdaunt, Gastrodon and Samurott. The only viable users of these being Slowking (regenerator lgi) and special attacking Eeveelutions, in particular Sylveon. Sylveon can actually hit ghosts types with a Pixilated Trump card:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon (No Move) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 249-294 (87.6 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Wall breaker much. Only problem is it can only do it once.

Ideas :

You are Me (Ditto) @ Leppa Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Transform

This thing cannot run out of PP because of Imposter. Copy something, make your opponents taste a bit of their own medicine, switch, etc.

Get out... Get out (Gothitelle) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Trick
- Taunt
- Psychic/Filler

Trap something, Trick it, and pp stall with Rest. Max SpD for tanking Trump Card. Afterwards, you can still Trick Leppa berries away, which is quite useful.

PP Eater (Trubbish) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Sticky Hold
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Recycle
- Spite
- Amnesia/Curse/Spikes/Toxic Spikes

The ultimate PP staller. It's the only thing that can use the Leppa + Sticky Hold + Recycle combo, Rest for trolling things once you've killed opposing sweepers, Spite for maximum pain, Amnesia/Curse for tanking (shift EVs to SpD if you run Curse), hazards to punish things that switch in and out. Pretty much late-game only, since anything with a damaging move destroys it.

Azumarill @ Leppa Berry/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Just a nuke thing that can sweep teams that rely to much on gimmicky PP stallers. Aqua Jet has a great number of PP. I guess you could use something like MegaMaw too...

EDIT : Espeon will be good too, I think. Trump Card + Bounce for Spite and co.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)