Luddite Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the members of the village gathered in the square the next morning they realized that Thorns was missing. The people searched and searched until they decided to look on the outskirts of town. ap13095 was the first to find Thorns's body and quickly reported the news to the rest of the town. Thorns had apparently been pushed off a cliff and broken his neck, and next to him lay a note:
Dear Thorns,
You are the Master Weaver.

The invention of automatic weaving machines hasn’t been particularly kind to you. In less than a year you have seen the art you spent your life mastering be reduced to a few simple steps requiring absolutely no skill, putting skilled weavers like you out of work. Adding insult to injury, the only jobs open were at the textile factory, and you now have to spend 14 hours a day in a dirty factory working the machines you hate so much. You founded General Ludd’s Army to get revenge on the rich factory owners of England and have decided to have your soldiers kill one person a night to intimidate the ordinary people into supporting you.

Since you control General Ludd’s Army people are afraid of you. You may send me a PM on even nights saying <Night X: Blackmail user into saying “something”>, where whatever is in quotes is what you want to force them to say. The user you target must post the text in quotes in the main thread the next day, and will be automatically killed if they do not. You may also send me a PM saying which user to kill and how to kill them (The method must be possible in 1811). But because your faction only gets one kill per night, your kill will negate any ones made by your faction earlier that night.

Your partners are <snip>, <snip>, <snip> and <snip>.

You are allied with General Ludd’s Army. You win if General Ludd’s Army wins.
The villagers were happy to see that one of the enemy had died, but all was not well. Soon afterward there came a horrible cry from inside one of the houses. SoT had discovered jumpluff's body, which appeared to be beaten beyond recognition and then set on fire. Next to her there was a letter nailed to the floor:
Dear jumpluff,
You are the Messenger.

You have to race around all day on your horse delivering messages for whoever hires you. If only the telegraph weren’t in its earliest experimental form… Well anyway, everyone in the town uses your services, making you the optimal person to spy on the other people in the town. Knowing this, the police have hired you to secretly read messages from suspected Luddites. The police are just asking for a lawsuit, no?

Each night you may send me a PM saying <Night X: Read user’s letters>. By dawn, you will have read through all the letters that user has sent, giving you knowledge of what actions they made that night. Going through all the letters takes a while, though, so you can only inspect one person per night.

You are allied with the villagers. You win if the villagers win.
All in the town were sad that the village had lost its inspector, and to compound that, GTS seemed to have fallen ill and was vomiting profusely.

Also matty, Umbreon Dan, and Sidd have been replaced by Explorerace, Tolos, and Kannon respectively.

Ok so here it is. I am the town hooker and will post my role pm when I get off my itouch and onto the computer. Bg on me, everyone claim or you will be under suspicion.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
ahahahaha, Thunda + rap = harmony

EDIT: Lynch Lanterminator

Why would you post essentially "Oh I'm hooker let me go write my own role pm and then I'll post it k?" If you were honest you would have posted it immediately. iTouch or not, i don't think that its hard to copy/paste.

hey dle. itouch has no copy paste function unless you upgraded it...so yeah.

Dear lanterminator,
You are the Cop.

It’s not easy being the fuzz in a town full of angry mobs of machine-smashers. Even so, you do your job as well as anyone, flawlessly catching every criminal you find and thus becoming reviled by all the town’s nasty elements. The police force in the town is by no means big, so you have obtained all the help you can get by hiring the perfect bodyguard and the perfect spy (and let me tell you, they aren’t cheap). You are prepared to take any means necessary to root out Ludd’s menace and keep the villagers safe.

People are scared of the police coming to their house, right? Every night you may PM me saying <Night X: Knock on user’s door>. That user will be too afraid to come out of their house and perform their night action. But beware; knocking on a certain player’s door is to invite death!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
changed to lynch Thunda

If you intend to lead lanterminator, do not leave people hanging and be unresponsive. It is bad gamesmanship. Leadership is crucial early game.

But since Thunda basically admitted guilt, might as well off him now.

I was planning on working on something with matty but he's been replaced and I'm not sure if he forwarded the info to Sidd (or if Sidd will be as active).

I need 4 villagers to PM me with their role PMs.

Da Letter El

hey dle. itouch has no copy paste function unless you upgraded it...so yeah.

Dear lanterminator,
You are the Cop.

It’s not easy being the fuzz in a town full of angry mobs of machine-smashers. Even so, you do your job as well as anyone, flawlessly catching every criminal you find and thus becoming reviled by all the town’s nasty elements. The police force in the town is by no means big, so you have obtained all the help you can get by hiring the perfect bodyguard and the perfect spy (and let me tell you, they aren’t cheap). You are prepared to take any means necessary to root out Ludd’s menace and keep the villagers safe.

People are scared of the police coming to their house, right? Every night you may PM me saying <Night X: Knock on user’s door>. That user will be too afraid to come out of their house and perform their night action. But beware; knocking on a certain player’s door is to invite death!

Cop...as a hooker? Seriously? Not to mention that jumpluff, who would probably be said "spy" isn't a spy at all. Spend some time working on fake role PM's before posting them here. Then again, I understand you being somewhat rushed, being on the lynching line and all. At the very least you could tell us who you targeted last night.

Jumpluff is too a spy. She spies on letters and in her role PM is said to be hired by the police force.

Still, that doesn't make laterminator right.

EDIT: All this drama made me forget to post a lol at the night one kills.

Da Letter El

Ok, you have a point, it's a staraptor mafia.

Change lynch to no lynch.

I want definitive leads. I'm not claiming to lanterminator for now since I think there's still inconsistencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)