ORAS OU Luv Sic

TEAM PREVIEW

Couldnt think of a title for the team so decided to put the song I was listening 2 ayyy. One of my fave songs from Nujabes and it is a bit lengthy so you guys have something to listen 2. Enjoy :]

Mega-Camerupt is camel god and has an amazing offensive typing although 4x weak to water it provides both stabs that destroy most typings out there. I felt like trick room wasn't needed for Camerupt because of its dual typing not having to much switch in besides Rotom-W and Chansey, Still being great on Trick Room. I decided to go with a Baton Pass type of team to nuke Stall and Balance this way it provides Suicune and Clefable a faster set up seeing as it takes 2 turns to set up a CM while it takes 1 to set up a NP. Suicune and Clefable are relatively bulky enough to switch into most offensive threats out there Cune checking FIRE and Clef beating DRAGON. Thats pretty much the story of the team now onto the process.

TEAM PROCESS

Originally I started off with a FG core since Celibi checks all of camels counters being Keldeo, Rotom-W and even is an amazing check to breloom which is always putting things to sleep due to many teams lacking grass and berries.

Later on I added Suicune to make it a nice FWG core and being able to check greninja fairly for it not being HP Grass also a check to Life Orb Mamoswine which destroyed Camel/Pixie easily. I added Clef considering it always throws people off with its ability and sets up on Dragons. The FWG lost to DD Dragonite which gets up dances on all 3. Clef also being a backup check to Mega Sableye but it isnt really a problem.

Since these mons get surpassed by whirlwind+hazards I needed a dragon that can wallbreak and also provide defog support. lati helped the BP momentum and can also switch into many things being zard y and keldeo. I later added Dragonite as a physical set up sweeper since I was lacking priority and it having Extreme Speed beating all other priority out there.

After trial and error Mamoswine/Landorus-T/Bisharp all destroying my team with me having 1 mon to switch into all 3 abused my blue dog quite alot so I then put a Skarmory there to wall all 3 and having Defog/Rocks support. Since Lati is gone I needed something that had strong priority and a strong base power. Choice Banded Dragonite sounded like a perfect fit seeing as it resist FWG and 2hko everything in the tier that has a neutral resist as in not Steel,Fairy.

TEAM SHOWCASE

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpDef / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic/ Will-O-Wisp
- Ancient Power

Camel has amazing bulk and amazing power. Seeing as Overheat would be amazing without Trickroom being at +2 ohkoing all the walls out there unfortunately does not get boosted by Sheer Force having to just be forced to play against hax either if you will hit Fire Blast or not. Fire Blast is its hardest stab move 2hkoing almost everything in tier and barely has any switch in being Chansey and Lati twins. Seeing as Rotom-W gets 3hkoed and having a 74.2% chance to 2HKO Keldeo it can barely pivot into this monster. Pretty much why it works with Celebi so well. Earth Power was it's second stab option being its strongest option in that area still a 2hko with all the mons that lay on the floor except chansey. 3rd moveslot was a decision between Toxic or WOW I mainly chose Toxic over WOW to weaken Rotom-W but Wisp also might be good to catch off guard retarted people who switch in spdef gliscor or lando-t expecting a earth power I left it as an option simply since it doesnt matter :]. Ancient Power was provided in the last slot simply because I dont want to miss RockEdge and can catch off guard talonflame and zardy thinking that they can switch in safely. The standard set for camel would be 252 hp which compared to the one Im running it is guaranteed that I will be able to take a uninvested scald from Tentacruel and Quagsire and never getting 2hkoed by Zard Y solarbeam being as the team is very weak to it and camel is my second switch into it.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power

Celebi was needed as a main water switch in to beat Keld and Rotom-W. It's also a nice pivot into sub gliscor to bypass toxic and pass a +2spatk boost to suicune and start the sweep. 176hp allows me to have a 6.3% chance to live life orb ice beam from Greninja sounds dumb but running 252 hp doesnt really make a difference and I also wanted Celebi as a lategame sweeper since after +2 it ohkos ZardX with earthpower and ohkos Banded Azus also ohkos spdef tran too. I chose Nastyplot+BP to pass onto this CM core since both can switch into offensive checks and set up on them 2 being a mon they beat 1v1. I mainly chose the Boost abusers to be bulky since you need the bulk to switch in safely to an attack. Celebi sets up on Ferro while Camerupt switches into ferro. Clef switches into Dragons and Cune switches into drill or mamo. BP was a option their to escape pursuit seeing as the most popular pursuit mons would be Tyranitar and Scizor both get set up on by Suicune. Thats pretty much the idea why I synergized the team around Bulky BP instead of TR. Giga Drain is its main stab and Earth Power was chosen over psychic to hit Tran and drill.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
My favorite pokemon of all time and it has its very own niche. Cune was the last patch to the FWG core since I need a bulky water type that can abuse boost and take on Mamoswine and Landorus. The moveset is standard as it is and I dont have to much to say about it. Greninja is a monster this meta and looking at its main set right now it consist of Hydro,IceBeam,DarkPulse and Hp fire or gunk shot. I took this to my advantage and added my fave to the team since it can switch into ninja and beat it 1v1. Perhaps in a instance where I bring in Celebi scaring out a mon giving me a choice of going for an attack or nasty plot and giving my opponent a switch into their wall or check. The hp lets me live a ice beam from ninja and baton passing into suicune to setup and sweep.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

I've added Clefable as the last abuser and made it as a backup check to opposing sweepers. The spread lets me take hits from either side since investing into Defense forces me to calm mind on certain pokemon and having bulk on both sides let me calm mind freely most of the time. Unaware over Magic Guard seeing as Celebi already gets Natural Cure and I didnt really need clef as a status absorber since unaware stops sweeps and MG takes status. Unaware cant set up on gliscor compared to the MG set so adding Clef was a great option for a BP type of team since getting a +2 boost faster lets me beat my checks easier than setting up for two turns in front of them. The 3 moves are standard CM is to add more bulk and power to its side, Moonblast is its most powerfull stab and hits most ou mons hard seeing as there is only heatran out there to hard wall it, I couldnt put softboiled seeing as it is illegal so Moonlight was forced in this area, sucks since tar has a chance of beating it if hits like all Edges. The last move was stored power since after i get +6 its over pretty much the only thing that can pretty much ohko it at this point is life orb excasharp and dbond users. Stored power was chosen over Flamethower seeing as I have a camerupt and needed something that can always sweep and not be forced to switch out. Mainly is here to hit Heatran. One more cool niche about Clef is that it can hit weakness policy dnite and proceed to set up and one thing to watch out too is that -2 moves will always hit at the same power as I recall so like Mega Sceptiles Leaf Storm will always do the same damage not counting your spdef boost.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Taunt
I lost to bisharp real quick slapped a Skarmory as a switchin to Lando+sharp since both of those weaken my team fast. Shed shell is needed because of the popular magnezone and helps me escape from that pokemon. Taunt was a need to prevent setup and hazards coming from opponents such as like ferro. Brave Bird is here instead of whirlwind since I needed something to hit MegaPinsir and Conkeldurr both being an annoyance to my team. Rocks+Defog is nice to help dnite ohko mons with baded espeed after rocks. Their is no form of recovery is pretty bad but I mainly only kept recovery on clef and cune so they can set up but skarm on the team is more a switch in that gets up rocks lol id only run roost if i was spike stack but spike stack w/defog is stupid so yeah. I couldnt really add heatran or ferrothorn since tran lost to mamo,lando and ferrothorn did not learn taunt. 24 speed lets me outspeed standard Bellydrum azu not being 252 speed and taunting it before it can get a boost up.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower/ Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake
Finally I was thinking of a mon that is relatively bulky that can wallbreak and started off with BandFlame but it just made me more fire weak and forced me to prevent Rocks all the time. Choice Band helps me espeed clean up. Dragonite can 2hko everything in the tier that does not resist. Superpower and Fire Punch was left as an option I'd choose Spower since I lose to chansey and is some thing that hits air balloon heatran doesnt force me to break it with a resisted move. Superpower Ohkos chansey after rocks and 2hkos Ferros after lefties. The other 3 moves are its main runs Outrage is scary, Earthquake for heatran and sometimes needed to kill mons from the lack of not being able to lock yourself into outrage leaving your opponent to get a free bellydrum and Espeed is needed since I had no priority on the team and is a revenge killing move and hits all priority mons neutrally ayyyy.

CONCLUSION
Thats all I have to say about the team my english isnt the best so their is alot of grammar checks through out the post. Ive been using this team for a while after the PS fix and so far climbed me up to 1450 in 2 days. It's something different from other types of baton pass teams which I hate and is a fun team in general since it isnt seen as much. Feel free to leave some suggestions,pokemon or whatever to help me out. Heres a beautiful song I'm sure everyone will enjoy and fits this pretty well :]

Threats

mainly isnt a problem but is a little annoyance if rocking hp fire. Just something to watch out for and could dent the team.

pretty sure everyone sees this pokemon as a threat. Shouldnt be a problem as well if rocking standard Gunk shot set but if you run into a HPfire, grass know set. Your force to sack cune to weaken it to 65% and revenge kill with nite I guess you just gotta pray on luck or I could put a porygon2 over suicune. Heck that doesnt even sound bad but dogs>ducks imo.

Their isnt too much to switch into this monster besides Dragonite and Camerupt maybe I could add heatproof bronzong to explode than bring in nite lol thats dumb i dont really have to much options for it but ya its mainly up to the camel and dragon.

it sets up on clef and celebi and screws you over if you dont burn with scald get crit with knock off for skarm and nite. I dont have too much for it might start running whirlwind on skarm but that litteraly just brings it right back in so maybe counter is the better option idk it hasnt been a major threat as much as greninja has been.

last but not least gengar 2hkoes everything besides dnite and ohkos celebi but it can toss the team over if not played well. Kinda scary now that I think about it but again its has never been a MAJOR threat to the team and me.

Importable
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpDef / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Ancient Power

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Replays

Last edited:
no replays atm due to assignments but will be up asap once i get a good battle buds :]

Last edited:
Alright bud, since you asked for it, here's my rate ^^

First, having greninja beat 5 out of 6 mons 1v1 is pretty meh, you also mentioned sharp being a problem so I would suggest running a choice scarfed keldeo > suicune. This allows you to outspeed and get rid of not only greninja but also mluppunny, mbeedrill and mscep. Keldeo is also a extremely powerful sweeper if it gets a nastypass from celebii, because of how spamable stabs it has. I have tried keldeo out, and i think it works really well ^^

I'm sorry for the short rate, but the team is so well build that it is hard to find small improvements anywhere, I hope you will try out keld, it seems to fix a lot ^^

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
[/hide

Alright bud, since you asked for it, here's my rate ^^

First, having greninja beat 5 out of 6 mons 1v1 is pretty meh, you also mentioned sharp being a problem so I would suggest running a choice scarfed keldeo > suicune. This allows you to outspeed and get rid of not only greninja but also mluppunny, mbeedrill and mscep. Keldeo is also a extremely powerful sweeper if it gets a nastypass from celebii, because of how spamable stabs it has. I have tried keldeo out, and i think it works really well ^^

I'm sorry for the short rate, but the team is so well build that it is hard to find small improvements anywhere, I hope you will try out keld, it seems to fix a lot ^^

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
[/hide
i understand how keldeo would work on this team it just makes me more Talon weak my only proper switch in would be camel and dragon would there be another fitting memeber in this spot that would benefit as well? Ive actually had keld>cune before and thats what caused me to put cune over it simply because I needed a bulky water. thanks for r8 I will try and see which one is better or not.

Last edited:
i understand how keldeo would work on this team it just makes me more Talon weak my only proper switch in would be camel and dragon would there be another fitting memeber in this spot that would benefit as well? Ive actually had keld>cune before and thats what caused me to put cune over it simply because I needed a bulky water. thanks for r8 I will try and see which one is better or not.
The only fix i could really imagine would be heatran > camel + another mega, but I assume that is out of question.. I'm sorry, but I have no experience with camel outside trick room, and I honestly don't se many reasons to why it would be on this team..

The only fix i could really imagine would be heatran > camel + another mega, but I assume that is out of question.. I'm sorry, but I have no experience with camel outside trick room, and I honestly don't se many reasons to why it would be on this team..
its just a cool nuke mon that switches into things i can see why it would be reasonable not to use it but it is new and everything so I just implemented it onto the team. Their is an alternative to the team and has a better time dealing with threats. I'll see what things I can change thanks for giving me some suggestions.

its just a cool nuke mon that switches into things i can see why it would be reasonable not to use it but it is new and everything so I just implemented it onto the team. Their is an alternative to the team and has a better time dealing with threats. I'll see what things I can change thanks for giving me some suggestions.

update* ive been thinking of running protect on camel to scout lando-t variants and such giving me free oppurtunities to switch up moves predicting my opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)