SM OU Lycanroc Dusk Team

Lycanroc has been one of my favorites since Sun and Moon, and I was pretty bummed that it wasn’t any good in competitive battling.

When Lycanroc-Dusk came out and I found out that it was pretty good in competitive, I was ecstatic!

I know it’s not the best Pokemon, but it’s an improvement on Lycanroc.

I’ve tried multiple times to make a good team with this rascal, but they weren’t fantastic.

So this is my attempt to make a good team with Lycanroc Dusk:

(Side note: Lycanroc Dusk will be referred to as simply Lycanroc)
41F8491D-C2DD-416A-8EEC-02E00E46916C.png

(Original art by PokemonSketchArtist on Deviantart)

Lycanroc-Dusk
Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Obviously I’m including Lycanroc in a Lycanroc based team :P

I think it’s safe to say Lycanroc is built to be more of a sweeper, so it makes sense to make him swift and strong, Jolly giving him a bit of extra speed and lowering Special Attack, which wouldn’t really matter since he’s a physical attacker.

Swords Dance is meant to be set up when it’s safe to be set up, such as when battling those frickin Chanseys (Chansies?). Stone Edge is not only a good and STAB move, but it also allows it to use Splintered Stormshards, which is an amazing Z-Move. Drill Run deals with Steel types and any other Pokémon weak to Ground. Accelerock is a priority STAB move that helps to finish a Pokemon off and ensures I’ll (probably) go first.

CB686C97-76F6-40F3-A680-14A611FB4F3B.png

Magnezone
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Magnezone is a good teammate for Lycanroc because of its ability, Magnet Pull. It also puts pressure on Steel with Hidden Power Fire, and outspeeds most Pokemon with its EVs and Choice Scarf. Volt Switch also allows a safe switch in for Lycanroc and other teammates.

3A9F3EDB-1C05-4609-B186-CA8FD50E680F.png

Tapu Bulu
Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

I would’ve put Mega Venusaur, but it isn’t resistant to Ground.

Bulu also has Grassy Surge, which helps out Lycanroc and other teammates. It’s also supposed to check Ground types and Water types.

B3BDEBE0-A129-4DE5-8AE5-8FACA80A5BEE.png

Latios
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Latios seems to be common on Lycanroc-based teams. It checks off Fighting types and is immune to Ground types with Levitate. It also acts as a Defogger and can Recover to stay alive longer. It also is resistant to Water and Grass, both of which Lycanroc is weak to. It also checks Poison types, whom Tapu Bulu is 4x weak to.

FAA4B2BC-A768-4012-B160-01A56D6159D3.gif

Mega Charizard
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

I needed a Fire type, but I didn’t want to have more ground weaknesses. Ergo, Mega Charizard Y. It also weakens Water type moves with Drought, and checks them with Solar Beam, which is fully charged in the sunlight. It also checks off any Steel or Grass types.

34F50824-727E-48FC-AF96-076D4D1B9C4B.png

Keldeo
Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Keldeo checks Rock, and Steel with Secret Sword, and Rock, Ground, and Fire with Hydro Pump. It also has Calm Mind to make it stronger and bulkier. Taunt helps deal with entry hazards and stallers/walls like Chansey or Toxapex.

So how is my team? Should I change anything?​

They main thing that I would suggest changing is Drill Run for Fire Fang. Fire Fang allows Lycanroc to deal with grass types and Celesteela which is a really popular tank as of right now. That is all that I can think of right now without playing with it. I will try this team out.

They main thing that I would suggest changing is Drill Run for Fire Fang. Fire Fang allows Lycanroc to deal with grass types and Celesteela which is a really popular tank as of right now. That is all that I can think of right now without playing with it. I will try this team out.
Thank you so much! I'll consider it

I think you’re more realistically going to do more damage with Keldeo’s Z so I’d say keep it and switch Lycan to life orb. If you reall want Lycan to have the Z move I’d use Scarf Keldeo or lefties sub cm taunt.
Ehh, I don’t know about life orb. I mean, he’s already pretty frail and he’s more of a sweeper, so I don’t know about that.

But I might use scarf keldeo. Thanks for the tip!

Searing Victory

Banned deucer.
Aight, first of all the obvious..lycan is terrible but when used right it can get a few kos. I tested this team earlier. Its okay but could be better. I'll leave a few edits and if you wanna use lycan to its full potential i'll give you 2 teams that work good with lycan. To use lycan probably best to use sticky web n' rocks, i used this team and found going against land and koko n mega lop and pex is abit hard to deal with. You need rocks on this team to chip away at stuff, kedeo eh..It's not really good anymore. Neither is lati, never use scarf and recover on lati makes no sense. Toxic is also a problem here, wouldn't it be better to run rock polish and swords dance? For a late game sweep. Another point with this team is hardly any switch ins to take damage. Heres the correct sets,replays and teams.

Try specs/scalf keldeo

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Never run scarf with recover lol, trick lets you ruin most walls with it :). Or even run ice beam so you can ohko land if it leads.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Aight, if you want a decent team that can some what support lycan for an ohko use this

https://pastebin.com/VFZmQuND webs team.

For a support/balance team use this

https://pastebin.com/gpb5DjgJ balance team.

For replays to show you how too use these teams better.

Your team without edits:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-748682976

Balanced one:

Https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-748705635

Sticky web one:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-748722421

Hopefully this helped, the way your team is you can't really get high. To many threats for this sort of build to deal with. If you want me to help you with another lycan team feel free to message me, enjoy these and good luck :).

Aight, first of all the obvious..lycan is terrible but when used right it can get a few kos. I tested this team earlier. Its okay but could be better. I'll leave a few edits and if you wanna use lycan to its full potential i'll give you 2 teams that work good with lycan. To use lycan probably best to use sticky web n' rocks, i used this team and found going against land and koko n mega lop and pex is abit hard to deal with. You need rocks on this team to chip away at stuff, kedeo eh..It's not really good anymore. Neither is lati, never use scarf and recover on lati makes no sense. Toxic is also a problem here, wouldn't it be better to run rock polish and swords dance? For a late game sweep. Another point with this team is hardly any switch ins to take damage. Heres the correct sets,replays and teams.

Try specs/scalf keldeo

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Never run scarf with recover lol, trick lets you ruin most walls with it :). Or even run ice beam so you can ohko land if it leads.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Aight, if you want a decent team that can some what support lycan for an ohko use this

Your team without edits:

Balanced one:

Sticky web one:

Hopefully this helped, the way your team is you can't really get high. To many threats for this sort of build to deal with. If you want me to help you with another lycan team feel free to message me, enjoy these and good luck :).
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your tips! I'll try this stuff out!

Try specs/scalf keldeo

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Your team without edits:

Balanced one:

Sticky web one:

Alright, This is my team so far now:

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

I kept my original set for Lycanroc Dusk, if that's okay! If you think that I'll do better with your set, please tell me. I just don't know if Life Orb is the best choice for it, because Lycanroc is already so frail.

Also, I changed up Heatran's set a bit. If you think that I need to make any changes, please let me know!

Perhaps we could battle sometime and I'll use this team, and you can give me some advice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)